[Help] Disabling "Full Screen" Mode
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

DieHard Wolfers -> SDL Code Crackers

#1: [Help] Disabling "Full Screen" Mode Author: WSJ PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:30 pm
    —
I know this sounds strange, but I'd like to remove the ability to go to full screen in Wolf4SDL. Why, you ask? Because I need the status bar to stay on the screen. It's going to show some information and hints which weren't in the original Wolf3D. I don't want players who are unfamiliar with the new gameplay to be encouraged to get rid of the status bar and then get confused later on. If Operation Heimzahlung taught me anything, it's that most players don't bother to read the help text, so I can't rely on them to figure out what's going on with no status bar. Razz

#2: Re: [Help] Disabling "Full Screen" Mode Author: HaasboyLocation: South Africa, Johannesburg PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:56 pm
    —
Why don't just had a feature of a mini hud that appears on the screen when in Full Screen - just an idea!!!

#3: [Help] Disabling "Full Screen" Mode Author: WSJ PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:20 pm
    —
Because I don't want the display to change, and I'm using images in combination with the numbers.

#4: [Help] Disabling "Full Screen" Mode Author: Zombie_PlanLocation: A hole in the wall PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:11 pm
    —
ripper's fullscreen has a statement for pushing TAB to bring up the statusbar right?

::: CODE :::

if (keyboard[sc_Tab] && viewsize == 21 && gamestate.weapon !=1)
   ShowActStatus();

What about removing the red text? That would make the statusbar appear in fullscreen nomatter what.

#5: Re: [Help] Disabling "Full Screen" Mode Author: TricobLocation: Neo-traditions, Inc. PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:42 pm
    —
WSJ wrote:
I know this sounds strange, but I'd like to remove the ability to go to full screen in Wolf4SDL. ...
If I'm not mistaken, the only lines that needs changing are in WL_MENU.CPP. Basically, decrease the maximum window size from 21 to 20, and you're good to go. I'd just search for "21"; it should pretty much track down every line. Cool

DieHard Wolfers -> SDL Code Crackers

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1