TCs - What's left? You decide.
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
DieHard Wolfers -> Addons/Mods/TC's

#61: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: RusselLocation: Chicago PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:33 pm
    —
I think an interesting idea would be using having different floor and ceiling heights, like in Doom. Mapping wise I think it would be rather simple. Plane one would obviously be walls and floor types, and two would be sprites. Three could be floor and ceiling textures, four could be floor and ceiling heights, and five would be a plane for wall textures between floor and ceiling changes.

#62: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: Soldat 555 PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:15 pm
    —
doomjedi wrote:
Like ROTT Smile Cool Smile

I have so many ideas...like very unique characters, and ability to change characters before each level or even during the level...to bring sniper, chaingun dude, stealth character.... and other specific characters needed for that level or area of the level...
It add to replay value of the level as you can play it with different characters, or even make one help the other...

That's a pretty cool idea, too. Kinda like a Clive Barker's Jericho or Rainbow Six thing as Alumiun said.

Thunderstorm Joshua M@d Wolf Waight Thunderstorm

#63: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: doomjediLocation: Israel PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:44 am
    —
Yes, very cool Smile This willboost wolf3d mods to another leve...also it'll make wolf3d a perfect quest/RPG engine as well.

#64: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: TricobLocation: Neo-traditions, Inc. PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:12 pm
    —
I suppose that's possible. We can increase those chances by making the mod open-source, which I plan to do, anyway. Smile

#65: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: Lozer_42Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:40 am
    —
Russel wrote:
I think an interesting idea would be using having different floor and ceiling heights, like in Doom. Mapping wise I think it would be rather simple. Plane one would obviously be walls and floor types, and two would be sprites. Three could be floor and ceiling textures, four could be floor and ceiling heights, and five would be a plane for wall textures between floor and ceiling changes.

In theory it sounds rather simple, but I imagine that it would be rather difficult to implament this into the wolfenstein source code. It's an interesting idea for sure and should at leat be atempted by someone. *nudge*

#66: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: doomjediLocation: Israel PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:57 am
    —
I'm against. We can't break all wolf3d engine limitations without losing it's charm and making it just an ugly version of the Doom engine.
You want floor heights - go to Doom modding. IMO.

#67: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: Soldat 555 PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:39 pm
    —
The only reason I'd be against it is the doors would look freakishly big. I hated the Wolf levels in Doom2, it made me think "Okay, this is kinda cool EXCEPT IT SEEMS EVERYONE IS HALF THE HEIGHT THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!"

Sorry, it was just odd. Razz

Thunderstorm Joshua M@d Wolf Waight Thunderstorm

#68: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: TricobLocation: Neo-traditions, Inc. PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:58 pm
    —
OT -

Soldat 555 wrote:
The only reason I'd be against it is the doors would look freakishly big. I hated the Wolf levels in Doom2, it made me think "Okay, this is kinda cool EXCEPT IT SEEMS EVERYONE IS HALF THE HEIGHT THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!"
The SS looked as small as they did because Id ran 64x64-size images where all the graphics was 128x128. Using the Mac versions of the SS probably would've worked better. In fact, Doom-based ports of Wolf3D by users *were* done better, IMO. Smile

#69: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: AlumiuNLocation: Christchurch, New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:42 am
    —
Tricob wrote:
OT -

Soldat 555 wrote:
The SS looked as small as they did because Id ran 64x64-size images where all the graphics was 128x128. Using the Mac versions of the SS probably would've worked better. In fact, Doom-based ports of Wolf3D by users *were* done better, IMO. Smile

Yeah, but the player was small compared to the level as well. I guess this was necessary from a scale perspective given that you move so much faster in Doom than you do in Wolfenstein, but still... Smile

#70: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: RingmanLocation: up my nose PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:31 am
    —
This wouldn't be the case if they did the floor and ceiling heights like they do it in ROTT or in ShadowCaster. A shadowcaster engine would be cool.

#71: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: UbermutantLocation: Napier PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:47 pm
    —
Maybe we could have a better, more extreme Chokage

#72: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: Thomas PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:08 am
    —

Last edited by Thomas on Mon May 30, 2011 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total

#73: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: DeanLocation: Australia PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:25 pm
    —
I was talking to Chris on MSN today and I had the chance to ask him about his interests in Wolf. He said that does still have some interest in Wolf and that he still plans to be involved in Wolf at some stage in the future, although he wouldn't elaborate as to what capacity.

He once told me this about Chokage 'I didn't even know about the internet either... was just making it for fun really'. I guess things are different for him now...

EDIT: Chris has expressed some concern over this post and has instead asked me to add in the following;

Chris would like to let everyone know that his favorite pastime is listening the 'The Allsaints', especially 'Lady Marmalade', his favorite food is grilled banana sandwiches (with brown sugar) and he has a strange obsession with tinkerbell.

Thank you for your attention.

#74: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: ChrisLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:49 pm
    —
Dean wrote:
and he has a strange obsession with tinkerbell.

Tinkerbell is capitalized, by the way.

I say we need more The Best Mod In The World, and more Mutant Blobs From Uranus, and a sidescroller version of Wolf3d, and an addon about McDonalds (with cool voice clips like: "I said hold the pickles jackass!"). Yeah yeahhhhhh Neutral

#75: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: Thomas PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:08 am
    —

Last edited by Thomas on Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total

#76: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: TheTalentedMrLeo PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:34 pm
    —
Hmm...

Characters:
(bosses)
Ronald McDonald - Hans Grosse
Birdie - Gretel Grosse
Mayor McCheese - Fettgesicht
Grimace - Giftmacher
Mac Tonight - Mecha Hitler
Grimace - Dr. Schabbs

(guards)
Fry Kids - S.S.
McNugget Buddies - Ordinary brown guards.
The Happy Meal Gang - Mutants

Setting:
McDonaldland

#77: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: Thomas PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:45 am
    —

Last edited by Thomas on Mon May 30, 2011 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total

#78: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: TheTalentedMrLeo PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:17 pm
    —
And your mission is to rescue poor Princess Wendy from Castle McDonaldstein?

#79: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: Thomas PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:55 am
    —

Last edited by Thomas on Mon May 30, 2011 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total

#80: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: doomjediLocation: Israel PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:00 am
    —
I like McDonalds Smile

#81: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: MetalorLocation: California PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:41 pm
    —
My #1 food staple behind Goldfish snack crackers!

McDonalds that is! Texas tea!

#82: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: TheTalentedMrLeo PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:34 am
    —
Thomas wrote:
Could be... On a serious note, I've never visited McDonald's that much and I'm not too keen on their food or culture. So I know nothing about their toys. Laughing

Shhhh. Don't let Chris here you say that. Very Happy

#83: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: Guest PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:51 am
    —
Has a dialogue interface been done for Wolf? Such that you can get a Nazi uniform as disguise, and then talk to guards. This way, the "Spion!" alert of the whitesuits will make more sense Smile

#84: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: thejosh PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:54 am
    —
ioan wrote:
Has a dialogue interface been done for Wolf? Such that you can get a Nazi uniform as disguise, and then talk to guards. This way, the "Spion!" alert of the whitesuits will make more sense Smile

lol, I was just thinking the other day that no one would think of adding interactive dialogue to wolf3d. Guess I was wrong Razz I've done it for my upcoming mod, guess I might as well show it now Cool

here's a demonstration, hes not too happy about being restrained, lol.

I got the idea from WSJ's in-game messages and playing too much NeverWinter Nights, and yes it all works Very Happy
Now to convert all the sprites to the mcdonalds theme and have a fully interactive dollar menu you can order off of and it's mod of the year for sure Very Happy

#85: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: ChrisLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:04 pm
    —
thejosh wrote:
Now to convert all the sprites to the mcdonalds theme and have a fully interactive dollar menu you can order off of and it's mod of the year for sure Very Happy

HELL YES. SOUNDS SPECTACULAR!!! YOU'VE GOT MY VOTE.

#86: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: Thomas PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:02 pm
    —

Last edited by Thomas on Mon May 30, 2011 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

#87: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: UbermutantLocation: Napier PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:50 pm
    —
I was browsing the old news archive on the Wolf3D dome and found Mortal Kombat wolf.

A remake of that would be spectacular Very Happy

#88: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: doomjediLocation: Israel PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:17 pm
    —
I'm more a fan of Street Fighter wolf Smile

#89: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: Fragstein3D PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:10 pm
    —
i think breaking out of the FPS view and having a 3rd person view would be radical! like an overhead view,
and thing is because the camera will not be so close to any of the graphics on screen, everything will look much nicer and less pixelated!

the walls and stuff would be 3D but other than that its awesome.

or theres allways Behind the character TPS but i think unless the camera can be over head so that 'BJ' is not in the way, it would not work.

#90: Re: TCs - What's left? You decide. Author: UbermutantLocation: Napier PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:46 pm
    —
I just finished playing Castle Totenkoph SDL and I got the idea of playing as a Mutant against the allies or rebelling against the Nazis

DieHard Wolfers -> Addons/Mods/TC's

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
Page 3 of 7