SDL engine for SOD
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

DieHard Wolfers -> Spear of Destiny

#1: SDL engine for SOD Author: Kumano PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:39 am
    —
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for SDL engine for Spear of Destiny. A year ago, I started making playthrough on youtube and I had all the files I needed for running SOD in SDL. But than I lost all data from my laptop and I just can't find the proper version anymore :/ I remember the two most important features were 1) score was showing more than 1 000 000 points and 2) if you pushed a secret, the wall moved only two squares ahead, which was crucial in order to reach 100% treasure in some levels...

If anyone can tell me where I can get the proper version, I'd be very grateful Smile

#2: Re: SDL engine for SOD Author: stathmkLocation: Indiana, United States PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:41 am
    —
Kumano wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for SDL engine for Spear of Destiny. A year ago, I started making playthrough on youtube and I had all the files I needed for running SOD in SDL. But than I lost all data from my laptop and I just can't find the proper version anymore :/ I remember the two most important features were 1) score was showing more than 1 000 000 points and 2) if you pushed a secret, the wall moved only two squares ahead, which was crucial in order to reach 100% treasure in some levels...

If anyone can tell me where I can get the proper version, I'd be very grateful Smile
Does this count?: http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=5074

#3: Re: SDL engine for SOD Author: TricobLocation: Neo-traditions, Inc. PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:29 pm
    —
What you're aiming for is a compiled SOD EXE with the million-point fix in it. This isn't included in the original SDL build.

You might try a hack that I did a while back.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7407286/Tricobs%20BaseOfOperations%20EXE%20updates%20v1_42.zip

#4: Re: SDL engine for SOD Author: Kumano PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:11 pm
    —
Thank you for those suggestions, I'm gonna try em out and hopefully it'll be the version I'm looking for Wink

Originally, I got the files from another SDL mode based on SOD engine, but I can't remember it's name anymore...

#5: Re: SDL engine for SOD Author: TricobLocation: Neo-traditions, Inc. PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:24 pm
    —
It may have things like changed Par Times and different ceiling colors. That's not game-breaking by a long shot, but it's something you might be concerned with (or maybe not). Smile

#6: Re: SDL engine for SOD Author: Kumano PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:30 am
    —
That patch seems to be the thing I was looking for, although those captions are little bit excesive...

#7: Re: SDL engine for SOD Author: gerolfLocation: Alabama PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:35 pm
    —
What's wrong with the Wolf4DSL v1.7 SOD exe on Chaos software's website?

#8: Re: SDL engine for SOD Author: TricobLocation: Neo-traditions, Inc. PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:36 pm
    —
It's missing the million-point score feature.

#9: Re: SDL engine for SOD Author: Kumano PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:29 pm
    —
Actually your patch is missing it as well... Just got finally time today to get to 9th floor and then found out there's no million-point score Sad

Last edited by Kumano on Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

#10: Re: SDL engine for SOD Author: TricobLocation: Neo-traditions, Inc. PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:37 pm
    —
Oh, wait - you're right! I'm thinking of the EXE where it's written for my updated statusbar. I didn't like how the million-point score (or the two extra keys) looked in the statusbar, so I changed it.

Sorry about that. Sad

#11: Re: SDL engine for SOD Author: AlumiuNLocation: Christchurch, New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:36 pm
    —
I believe Andy's Wolf4SDL version has that fix in it, but IIRC that only comes as source so you'd have to compile it yourself.

#12: Re: SDL engine for SOD Author: Kumano PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:35 am
    —
That's no help either, since I don't know who Andy is and where to get the file...

#13: Re: SDL engine for SOD Author: TricobLocation: Neo-traditions, Inc. PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:32 pm
    —
He's referring to Andy_Nonymous, who is an experienced coder and moderator in this forum.

His download can be found here.

#14: Re: SDL engine for SOD Author: TrisLocation: wien PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:52 am
    —
so is there a good SDL EXE for SOD available somewhere?

#15: Re: SDL engine for SOD Author: AlumiuNLocation: Christchurch, New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:04 pm
    —
You can compile it from the repository by enabling it in version.h.

#16: Re: SDL engine for SOD Author: ChrisLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:31 am
    —
Hi Tristan,

Barry compiled one here that is probably the most up-to-date:

http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=7740

#17: Re: SDL engine for SOD Author: TrisLocation: wien PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:53 am
    —
Hi Choksta Wink
Thanks!

DieHard Wolfers -> Spear of Destiny

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1