[IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

DieHard Wolfers -> Addons/Mods/TC's

#1: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Sigma64Location: Castle Wolfenstein PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:42 am
    —
I would like to suggest a collaboration project between all modders who wish to participate, in the form of a Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack. This pack would contain new enemies, weapons, and entities, and if enough interest is accumulated, maybe levels. Input is welcome, and I hope that at least a few people are interested.

#2: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Sigma64Location: Castle Wolfenstein PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:39 pm
    —
Clearly, no-one is interested. Sad
Even if someone has unused graphics kicking around, that would be helpful.

#3: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Wolf3DGuy PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:32 pm
    —
I have a rocket launcher if you need it.
I used it for my mod, hope it's not a problem.

#4: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: CyanosisLocation: Newport, Oregon PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:42 pm
    —
Sigma64 wrote:
Clearly, no-one is interested. Sad

This is a very small community, it doesn't have the same amount of members like Doom's so big projects can't just be started up around here on the flip of a switch, unfortunately.

I would contribute to mapping for such a project but I've yet to finish or release my vanilla episode 1 replacement (should probably get on that, only 3 floors left) and I'm still a newb at Wolf mapping even if I like to think I'm pretty decent.

#5: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Sigma64Location: Castle Wolfenstein PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:18 am
    —
I wasn't asking for anyone to jump right in, I just hoped someone would at least state their disinterest.
Wolf3DGuy: Sounds nice! I have no problems with the use of someting elsewhere; it's your resource.

#6: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Wolf3DGuy PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:32 am
    —
I can send it in PM? Smile

#7: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Sigma64Location: Castle Wolfenstein PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:29 pm
    —
Sure! Thanks!

#8: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Wolf3DGuy PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:44 am
    —
I sent the link in PM

#9: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Sigma64Location: Castle Wolfenstein PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:47 am
    —
Thank you!

#10: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Sigma64Location: Castle Wolfenstein PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:41 am
    —
What do you think of "directional tables"?
By directional tables, I mean rendering, for example, this sprite:

like a directional sprite (or flat wall, whatever you want to call is)
on the 4 edges of a tile, so that the table is "3D", and is only one map tile wide.
This can be done in ECWolf, and I know it's never been done in SDL/DOS.

#11: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: AlumiuNLocation: Christchurch, New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:10 am
    —
It can be done fairly easily in SDL/DOS, but I personally feel like it's a bit of a cheap effect (the table top being at the player's head height is pretty strange too).

#12: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Sigma64Location: Castle Wolfenstein PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:15 am
    —
It is a cheap effect, but I at least enjoy the fact that it looks a bit more 3D.

#13: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Wolf3DGuy PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:16 am
    —
Yup. A bit strange, but looks nice. What's up with the flares? Animated flares?

#14: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Sigma64Location: Castle Wolfenstein PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:46 am
    —
Yeah, the candles are animated. You can't see them too well against the grey, but they're there.

#15: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Military PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:48 pm
    —
You could also use this techique for something like small crates (and they would make more sense to not be below head level). And if you combined directional objects on edges (like walls) with directional objects in the middle (like doors), you could even make 3d objects that are only 32 pixels in size (at least visually). Now that would be neat!

#16: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Sigma64Location: Castle Wolfenstein PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:14 am
    —
The crates are a good idea (I actually considered them before I read this comment), as is the idea of creating objects that are 3d with directional sprites. Columns could be made actually round, walls could be diagonal, door could be animated like in ROTT (But they'd have to be automatic), and MUCH, MUCH more. Truth be told, I think the table would be better for one of Schabbs' projects, maybe with a mutant on it or something. Schabbs is huge, after all.

#17: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Atina PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:27 am
    —
So something like DieHard Wolfer's TC part 2 but for ECWolf or some small graphics pack? Combine it with FreeWolf and make it "Free Wild Wolf 3D". Also if there gonna be contributions from outside of the "DieHard" place the the name would be bit out of place =p

#18: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Sigma64Location: Castle Wolfenstein PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:03 am
    —
Precisely! Like the The DieHard Wolfers' TC, but ECWolf. New maps would be ideal, but "a few" contributors are needed before we can make this a large TC like project.

#19: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Military PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:07 am
    —
Well, I, for one, am always ready to make some maps!

#20: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Sigma64Location: Castle Wolfenstein PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:47 pm
    —
Before we make maps though, we would first have to make the map symbols. I have some ideas for automatically-opening doors and other effects that would have to be made into map symbols., but this shouldn't take too much time.

YOUR OPINIONS ON THESE, PLEASE:
Doors that open when you're near them?
Tables with items on them with a radius of 33 so that when you walk against the tables you pick the items up?
Crates that can be destroyed to yield a random item?
Half-tile wide walls that are 36x64, like shelves?
Semi 3D crates, etc?
Diagonal walls? (How can anyone resist this?)

#21: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Sigma64Location: Castle Wolfenstein PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:37 am
    —
Maybe this could be one of the bosses?

It could be recurring, or be a defence to a fortress.
Because ECWolf has no limit on sprite size, this could work without resizing, if directional sprites were use for walls. (Since directional sprites therefore also have no size limit.)

#22: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: AstroCreepLocation: Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:07 am
    —
If I can find it, I have something like this that I already started. I was going to use it as a template for vanilla wolf themed ecwolf packs, but the time I have had for modding is zero lol. When I get off of work tonight, I'll upload it and see if you guys can work with it.

#23: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Sigma64Location: Castle Wolfenstein PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:40 am
    —
Sounds nice! Thanks!

#24: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: AstroCreepLocation: Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:22 pm
    —
Sorry for the delay. I got an Everdrive and I've been living on my Nintendo. Lol. Here ya go. click to download

#25: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Sigma64Location: Castle Wolfenstein PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:19 am
    —
Thank you greatly!

#26: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Executor PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:34 pm
    —
I encourage this project to use any assets from my projects (except maps) that might be appropriate. Just make sure you read the credits and acknowledge the original sources.

#27: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Atina PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:33 pm
    —
Executor wrote:
I encourage this project to use any assets from my projects (except maps)

Why not the maps ?

#28: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: linuxwolf PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:46 pm
    —
Does this need to be ECWolf only? Does ECWolf assume a specific format here or can the same data work in another engine?

#29: Re: [IDEA] Diehard Wolfers ECWolf pack Author: Sigma64Location: Castle Wolfenstein PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:50 am
    —
ECWolf uses .wl6 ( Or sod, wl1, sd2, sd3, or sod) data to create a base resource, like you would have in a DOOM mod. Then, files ( pk3, pak, zip, wad, etc ) are opened with ECWolf that contain the data of the mod. For example, If you wanted to replace the guard sprites, you'd place all your new frames, in DOOM spriiting convention ( GARDA1, GARDA2, etc), in the sprites folder of a .pk3 file, or in-between the ss_start and ss_end markers. ECWolf is essentially ZDoom for Wolfenstein, with decorate code, DOOM Sprite formats ( .lmp, .png, .tga ), and the convenience of being able to make a mod that doesn't give half the graphics away for free.

DieHard Wolfers -> Addons/Mods/TC's

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1