Wondering how to add sprites/new enemies to Wolfenstein 3D
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

DieHard Wolfers -> Addons/Mods/TC's

#1: Wondering how to add sprites/new enemies to Wolfenstein 3D Author: TheExceptionist PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:15 pm
    —
I've been messing around with the Wolfenstein 3D source code and was wondering how I could add some new enemies to it. Floedit 2 doesn't seem to work for 64-bit systems, which is what I currently run, so I need to know if there were any alternative methods I can use to add the sprites to the VSWAP.wl6 packed file.

#2: Re: Wondering how to add sprites/new enemies to Wolfenstein 3D Author: AlumiuNLocation: Christchurch, New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:34 am
    —
Chaosedit or WDC are probably the only modern options for adding the sprites, although they both have their flaws; I personally use Chaosedit because it's a bit more straightforward.

EDIT: Also, welcome to DHW Smile

#3: Re: Wondering how to add sprites/new enemies to Wolfenstein 3D Author: TheExceptionist PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:05 am
    —
Thanks, Glad to be here. Just got into wolfenstein 3D.

I already have ChaosEdit, might try and use that.

Do you know if it generates the asset_ID of the sprites? Or do I have to manually add them through code?

#4: Re: Wondering how to add sprites/new enemies to Wolfenstein 3D Author: AlumiuNLocation: Christchurch, New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:09 pm
    —
I'm not sure what you mean by asset_ID; if you mean their name that they are referred to in the code, there's a large enum in WL_DEF.H that contains the names of every sprite in order, so wherever you insert your new sprites in the VSWAP, you'll want to add names for them in the corresponding place in that enum.

#5: Re: Wondering how to add sprites/new enemies to Wolfenstein 3D Author: TheExceptionist PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:28 pm
    —
Alright, thanks.

DieHard Wolfers -> Addons/Mods/TC's

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1