Strangest Wolfenstein mods
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
DieHard Wolfers -> Howling Wolfers

#1: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: ReddimusVonAggrevatiiLocation: At the shores of Hell. PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:14 am
    —
After finding jodi.org's wolf3d mod some time ago, my mind has been boggling me about whether there are any other "artistic" recreations of wolf3d.
I do not mean weird, or drugged out in any way, I mean flat out presented as art by the creator.
Do any of guys/gals/its know of any such mods?

#2: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: TricobLocation: Neo-traditions, Inc. PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:40 pm
    —
There's a "Bobenstein 3D", which was a non-violent, Americanized take-off of the game. The only release I've ever seen is a limited demo with no sound or music of any kind. As a substitute for a knife or gun, you're "armed" with a rubber chicken. The "company" responsible for the product is "Stupidsoft". I'm pretty sure it's a fictional company used as a substitute for the author's actual name.

#3: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: Thomas PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:51 pm
    —
Does anybody remember Guild of Darkness?

#4: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: ReddimusVonAggrevatiiLocation: At the shores of Hell. PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:32 am
    —
Tricob wrote:
There's a "Bobenstein 3D", which was a non-violent, Americanized take-off of the game. The only release I've ever seen is a limited demo with no sound or music of any kind. As a substitute for a knife or gun, you're "armed" with a rubber chicken. The "company" responsible for the product is "Stupidsoft". I'm pretty sure it's a fictional company used as a substitute for the author's actual name.

That's not exactly artsy. Sounds more like a joke mod. Surprised

#5: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: ChrisLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:32 am
    —
I remember posting about this mod before too. How did you find out about it ReddimusVonAggrevatii?
http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?p=45663#45663

Very interesting stuff. Would love to see it expanded into maybe a 10-level set, the closest I can think of to it is Planet Nexion.

#6: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: ReddimusVonAggrevatiiLocation: At the shores of Hell. PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:05 am
    —
While digging through Jodi.org myself, I came across the page that had the mod on it.
And you can call me Red for short.

#7: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: Atina PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:41 am
    —
Tricob wrote:
There's a "Bobenstein 3D", which was a non-violent, Americanized take-off of the game.
Bobenstein is not a mod and also not using the wolf3d engine: https://s13.postimg.org/sjcmk0dd3/image6.jpg

Maybe also "Drawn & Quartered". It lacks colors like the others too.

#8: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: ReddimusVonAggrevatiiLocation: At the shores of Hell. PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:50 am
    —
Yeah the style on this one is pretty unusual.

#9: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: TricobLocation: Neo-traditions, Inc. PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:42 pm
    —
Atina wrote:
Tricob wrote:
There's a "Bobenstein 3D", which was a non-violent, Americanized take-off of the game.
Bobenstein is not a mod and also not using the wolf3d engine: https://s13.postimg.org/sjcmk0dd3/image6.jpg
My apologies; I didn't realize it was supposed to use the Wolf3D engine.

#10: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: ReddimusVonAggrevatiiLocation: At the shores of Hell. PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:32 pm
    —
It's preferrable that any games suggested use the Wolf3D engine.
Any Wolf3D-ish games are welcome, just as long as they look like one.

#11: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: Robbbert PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:19 pm
    —
I'm working my way through the 400 wolf mods (subject of another thread), and some of those are very weird. One that comes to mind is the GTA hack. Some others had rooms full of bubbles. And others had hand-drawn graphics or scribble and were, in the main, pretty awful.

Then there's the one that has God Mode, but has green sludge that still kills instantly. Perhaps the programmer forgot something!

"Bobenstein" rings a bell. I think I have a copy... I'll see if it has sound or whatever.

#12: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: ReddimusVonAggrevatiiLocation: At the shores of Hell. PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:04 am
    —
If you can, could you send me a few of said mods?
You picked my curiosity.

#13: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: Wolf3DGuyLocation: Hungary PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:46 am
    —
http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=7914

#14: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: CyanosisLocation: Newport, Oregon PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:25 am
    —
I would say The Thing (yes, based on the Carpenter film of the same name), it was actually very creepy for some reason despite the crude graphics.

#15: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: ReddimusVonAggrevatiiLocation: At the shores of Hell. PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:16 am
    —
That's the second movie-based Wolf3D mod I hear about.
Interesting.

#16: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: Robbbert PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:04 pm
    —
Found Bobenstein-3D... no instructions, and it appears that waving a dead chicken around does nothing to preserve one's life. It took me long enough to discover how to pick up a biscuit.

And yes.... no sound. There's a note saying that registration will get you the full game.

I suspect it's the same as whatever you found on the net. But I can upload it if someone wants to try it out.

Back to the subject in hand... I think that Mutant Blobs from Uranus would qualify as officially awful.

#17: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: ronwolf1705 PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:42 am
    —
Awful? Love the colorful style of that mod.

#18: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: serpensLocation: Odrowaz PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:32 am
    —
Remember Secrets of the Grauburg Dungeon? The graphics were stylized to be dark and gray, with red decorations, gold and blood to provide visual contrast. Might not qualify as art for most people, but it was perhaps the best attempt at conjuring a grim, overwhelming atmosphere among all Wolfenstein mods.

You might want to look into Atina and Nexion's mods as well. Planet Nexion is incredible. (edit: now I see Chris has already mentioned it)

#19: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: ronwolf1705 PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:13 am
    —
serpens wrote:
Remember Secrets of the Grauburg Dungeon?

That was made by Kuki, right? Anyone got the SDL version?

#20: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: serpensLocation: Odrowaz PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:55 pm
    —
The manual says "Macior & Kuki". I've never heard of Macior outside of this mod. At first I thought it could be some alternative nickname of Martin Krysiak, but Martin is listed separately in the credits. Macior is listed as a mapper -- I'd guess Map 05, since it looks different from Kuki's usual style, almost like something I would have made back in the day. It'd be interesting to know if this person was involved in any other mods. Apparently Ariel was involved in the beta testing, so perhaps he knows something...

Was Grauburg ever converted into SDL, anyway? Can't remember that at all.

#21: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: ronwolf1705 PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:08 pm
    —
It is listed on Brian's site as having an SDL version, but the download link is dead unfortunately.

#22: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: TricobLocation: Neo-traditions, Inc. PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:02 pm
    —
Robbbert wrote:
And yes.... no sound. There's a note saying that registration will get you the full game.

I suspect it's the same as whatever you found on the net. But I can upload it if someone wants to try it out.
I encourage you to do so; this one seems to be awfully hard to find.

Quote:
Back to the subject in hand... I think that Mutant Blobs from Uranus would qualify as officially awful.
Don't see what you have against it, although I admit the digitized sound effects are *way* too loud. Razz

#23: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: Robbbert PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:23 pm
    —
Tricob wrote:
Robbbert wrote:

OK, here you go...
::: CODE :::
https://mega.nz/#!LxEHSSaZ!pBqU8DcNwyTT0WJRyqAi-PqDYt_JWmxc1tvlwAuINEA

And if you manage to work out how to progress through it, please let me know.. Smile

#24: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: Thomas PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:47 am
    —
ronwolf1705 wrote:
It is listed on Brian's site as having an SDL version, but the download link is dead unfortunately.

Secrets of the Grauburg Dungeons utilizes the Shareware 1.4 EXE and as such, you only need this to run the game properly in SDL. Underrated mod as with Kuki's other mod, Project Weltuntergang.

#25: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: TricobLocation: Neo-traditions, Inc. PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:28 am
    —
Robbbert wrote:
Tricob wrote:
Robbbert wrote:

OK, here you go...

And if you manage to work out how to progress through it, please let me know.. Smile
Thanks. Now to just find the proper ARJ extractor ...

#26: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: Robbbert PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:26 am
    —
You can use 7zip. It's free, and can open and create many different compression formats.

Don't use ALzip, it's buggy as hell.

#27: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: ArielusLocation: Buenos Aires, Argentina PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:09 am
    —
serpens wrote:
Apparently Ariel was involved in the beta testing, so perhaps he knows something...

This is correct. I was asked to record some sounds, too. I am afraid I do not know if there exists an SDL version, though; however, as already discussed below, I understand it should be fairly easy to assemble a quick SDL package if anyone wishes to do so.

Best,

Ariel

#28: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: ronwolf1705 PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:47 am
    —
Thomas wrote:
Underrated mod as with Kuki's other mod, Project Weltuntergang.

Yeah, Kuki was a pretty great modder in general. Beer

#29: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: ReddimusVonAggrevatiiLocation: At the shores of Hell. PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:22 pm
    —
I look away from this thread for a couple of days and there's a sudden increase of activity in it. Amazing.

#30: Re: Strangest Wolfenstein mods Author: TricobLocation: Neo-traditions, Inc. PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:28 pm
    —
Robbbert wrote:
Tricob wrote:
Robbbert wrote:

OK, here you go...

I managed to beat the game today. In the second level, there's this weapon in a nearby room - a water gun. This is what you need to bring down the "water shooter guards" up ahead. Items are picked up with the Enter (a.k.a. "Return") key. I'm not 100% sure what the cookies do, but I assume they're for health. My health is always at 100% when I enter Level Two (You just go straight to the staircase without stopping to shoot down the guards).

DieHard Wolfers -> Howling Wolfers

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 2