DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

[Help] Activate Debugging Mode
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> DieHard Archives View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Aryan_expirement
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

Topics: 10
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:41 am
   Subject: [Help] Activate Debugging Mode
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I am kinda new here, so I don't want to go around begging everyone for help. BUT, I have a problem that should be easy for all of you to help me with. I have absolutely no clue as to how to activate the debugging mode!!
What command line!? I have no clue what to do! Confused Confused Confused

Any help would be great, and if anyone doesn't want to post, email me @ saconan@rock.com

Thanks! Smile

The Aryan_expirement
Ripper
Code Master - Developer
Code Master - Developer

Topics: 21
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:36 pm
   Subject: Re: HELP!
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

You've got to call wolf from the command line like this:

wolf -goobers

(if wolf is the name of your executable)

Then when you're in game, press <SHIFT>+<ALT>+<BACKSPACE>.
Now you'll be able to use the <TAB>+<some debug key> combos to use the debug features of the wolf engine.
If you don't know all debug keys, there are enough pages in the web where they are listed (this should be written there as well)
Aryan_expirement
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

Topics: 10
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:09 pm

Thanks... I didn't know where to find the command line, but I finally found it. Properties... I can be quite a dumbass sometimes! Embarassed

The Aryan_expirement
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:41 pm
   Subject: Is this help, or is this just weird? lol

Here's another way to activate the debugging codes...

In 1998, Chris wrote:
When I first got Wolf3d, my dad had got the game from work (the full version). We had a 386/25mhz. I also remember the SS, my dad told me about seing them somewhere and I was like WHERE? WHERE?. I finally found them in Level 2. I didn't think Wolf was pretty cool. I thought it was SOOOOOOOO cool. I remember when Jeff Wadden came over to my house and we played wolf3d for hours non stop, and his parents and my parents were upstairs discussing how violent it was and that it was PC-13. I couldn't believe he liked Episode 2 the best. And then... I started liking it the best too. Level 3 on it was AMAZING. When I found out that secret where it shows the colums hiding the bullets and stuff was on the OTHER SIDE of the level, I was happy out of my mind, and those GIANT treasure rooms that we're hidden even further in the room; that was the greatest thing I've ever seen (even real treasure wouldn't be more priceless than seing this). Our sound card was all screwed up and none of the sounds lasted more than 0.8 or 0.9 seconds.... but I thought That was normal for the first 3 or 4 years we had Wolf3d. If I played the game for a long time just enjoying the level and venturing through it, there would sometimes be a guy screaming "WAZ!" in the background even when there was no one around (I still remember the exact place it happend once on E4L2), and hearing that was so . Then, when I read this thing on a game saying to put SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 in my config.sys file... it stunned the hell out me hearing the door opening and closing with a dramatic thud (like it's supposed to). And when I killed the white guy, he always used to say "TIME FRO!" and now he said "TIME FOR WARZ!", and I knew where "WAZ" came from now... from my junky sound card playing the last part of the White Guys Dying Sequence, 20 minutes late. I used to think the Blue Guys said "YOU, STOP IT!" and my dad told me that they said "Gestapo!" which is some German Word.

There were lots of times when I like other games, and that lasted a long time sometimes, like Stunts or Commander Keen or Pinball Fantasies, or Doom... but Wolf3d was always in there somewhere; and like you said, it always comes back.

I remember Version 1.1 had alot of great quirks in it. One of my favorite was being able to play the Demo. It was totally amazing when I ended my game and just watched the demo, then returned to the menu to find that the SAVE GAME option wasn't hidden. So I saved my game, and went ALL the way from Level 33 to 60 (then it screwed up at 61). That was a Great experience. Remember how I said I hated E3L7... well, I didn't hate the secret to the pac-man level. Wow! was that ever amazing, I actually pressed space bar on every wall until the one at the very end with the elevator the first time. That is the ultimate secret to a secret level (all the other episodes the secret level was pretty basic and not too hard to get to). That secret on E3L7 is wow. Sometimes when me and my sister played, we even felt sorry for the dogs and let them follow up in the elevator (to not come out on the next floor). Or sometimes even feel sorry for the guard. One level on Episode 2, the guard would standing backwards with a key behind him, you can jab him right in the back, or just take the key, me and my sister would say stuff like: "Aw.. it's not his fault he attacks us, those evil blue guys are watching him and if doesn't do as they say then they'll hurt him or kill him..." and we'd let him live lots of the times. Did I ever tell you about the dreams I had of being in Wolf3d? Some are pretty cool (my god, you know you're obsessed when...). Everyone my mom babysat, I'd convince them to play Wolf3d. Me and my sister and the McGlade kids (4 or them) each made our own PICTURE BOOK for wolf3d (well the 2 oldest of the 4). It was really hard to draw the pictures back then cause the only way we knew how to pause the game was by pressing M-I-L and that gave you just a little space on each side to see the boss or guard; mind you, some of their picutes were pretty pathetic. We though of actually photocopying the books and selling them to people for 50 cents a page; that idea fell through though. I remember Jeff McGlade, when we were playing E5L9 with Gretal Grosse. He was really happy to see her, his eyes lit up with excitment every time, one of his comments was "She's squishable"- when you hear an 8 year old say that, how can you not help but laugh? I used to beat him at Hardball 3 with scores like 32 to 0 all the time. And when we babysat Dave Lacasse and Jocelynn Phillippe, things weren't any different. By then I had editors for Wolf3d so Dave and Joce each made their own set of levels (Episodes 4 and 5 on Chokage). I'm sure I could talk to you about almost every level on wolf3d and how it holds a great memory, but... I won't do that. Let's skip to something else...

I remember a long time ago, I though I was a genious to find out how to put Wolf3d graphics in Spear an Vise-Versa. I'd even make up stories of why the graphics were like that when you switched them like this one:

Spear ( Level 18 ): Sailor Dude and Doc were havin' a bet about who'd win the stanley cup, Sailor Man picked Toronto and Doc picked Montreal. But as we all know, Toronto never won a cup since the 60's and Sailor Dude was so furious about Montreal winning the cup that he starting screaming and launching Doc at the wall along with a few of his belongings (You'll notice Doc has some very Weird things up his sleeve) . You'll probably also notice that Sailor Dude doesn't really clean up after himself (all that ketchup running down his shirt from the last few hamburgers he ate). Watch out though, Sailor Dude has really bad aim and couldn't hit a wall if he was right infront of it, and he doesn't really like visitors while tormenting his victims.

That's how I found the Aardwolf sign. And then I found another way how to get it. And if Apogee ever asked me how I did that one, I'd tell them- "I put the Blake Stone maps (episode 1) in Spear". If you play with the Blake Maps in spear, you start in a room with two doors, one on the left, one on the right. I saved the level as a Saved Game and played it all the time (and put the original Spear levels back in). On the blake level, the door on the right had everything, bosses (like Barnacle and Ubermutant), treasure, ammo, SS. It was the first NEW level I ever played (never heard of Add-ons back then, except Jeff gave me Wolfenstein Meets Street Fighter II). But the left door, if you open the left door, the game would pause. I knew it had to do with something that was in the left room; so one time, I opened the left door, and quickly turned around 180 degrees (with the door open) and walked BACKWARDS into the room (so I wouldn't have to look at that THING in the room). After a few times, I found out how to go through the left room successfully, getting to ammo and guns and health. Walk backwards really far, then strafte right (strafting left would pause the game) until I get to the ammo part (and still, If i turned aroung the game would pause. There was like an invisable fence behind me that wouldn't let me look at it). I'll get back to this in a minute. When I got the code in the mail for Spear saying to press TAB-G-F10 to get God Mode, I tried pressing TAB-G-F10 in Wolf3d. Of course, it didn't work. It worked in spear though, but my keys were screwed up. It would only work once about every 20 times I pressed it. Then one day, when I pressed TAB-G-F10, and the GOD MODE ON screen was White and blue and a different font (and it worked the First time I did it). I found out that that was because I played the Blake Stone saved game. Then I found out, it was because I played the Left side of the level. I put the Blake Stone maps on Wolf3d to see if the god mode would work there too if I went in the Blake Level; and yes, it did. This was SO cool. And I was typing it in, I found out I only had to push TAB-G and not TAB-G-F10 (on Wolf and Spear). I made a little booboo and pressed TAB-T one time, you can guess what that did. And then I tried all the letters of the alphabet. I never even knew about the -goobers command back then, and thought I was the only person in the world that could get all those cool codes. It was so amazing, I gave the Blake Stone level some of my friends; most of them ended up telling me that it didn't work and the game would freeze cause they couldn't open the door and turn 180 degrees in time. So I decided to save the game backwards in the level, and found the Exact spot which toggles the code on (it also makes your eyes move really fast). And saved the game at that exact spot in the level and told my friend (yeah, only told 1 person about it that time) to load the saved game, then get out and start the game up and the code would work. Of course, it did. I know I mentioned the Blake Stone Maps before and how I used them to get the codes, but I thought I'd say exactly how it happened this time. And you know that stuff about the Goo's Powers in Chokage? That was done by the same way it was done in Blake Stone (ooo... boy, that will really make it easy on you. not!).

...<continued paragraphs removed>...

In simpler terms, just cut off the border at (0,10) on the map and walk backwards through the unknown wall. Once your eyes start to go haywire - all the TAB codes work! The "No Clipping" can be activated in the same way (even on Wolf3d), except the magic area for that is at (-1,60). I actually figured out this method YEARS before I even knew the goobers cheat existed - strangely enough. Hope you found that interesting! Wink
KyleRTCW
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 45
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:08 pm

Where is that post located chris? I want to read more Razz Shocked

DieHard Wolfer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 6:00 pm

LOL cool. Well, if you were really curious, that quote was from an archive of emails I wrote with Gary Ragland back in 1998-1999. I midaswell just give you a link to the archive (consisting of nearly 25% of all the emails we sent during that timeframe), at the expense of revealing some old little secrets of our games (and our strange lives) to the public:

http://www.angelfire.com/id/choksta/special.html

Be warned - You might have a little trouble finding it! Cheesy Grin
KyleRTCW
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 45
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:55 am

One question Chris.
Where is Barry (the person you made The Road to Neswishstein (or something)), is he still doing WOlf3d or not? or is he dead? Crying or Very sad I like his add-on TRTN (The Road to Neswahstein)

I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 8
poland.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:38 am

MMM... so good to read some old-school posts Smile

DieHard Wolfer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:48 pm

KyleRTCW wrote:
Where is Barry (the person you made The Road to Neswishstein (or something)), is he still doing WOlf3d or not? or is he dead? Crying or Very sad

I'm not sure. As you can tell from the emails, me and Barry weren't exactly "friends" - lol. From what Gary has always said, it doesn't sound like Barry really got into details about his personal life very much though. Barry was a level making machine, he'd make entire collections of levels in a matter of days (never really could understand how someone could do that, but I guess with time and practice; it gets much easier). I do respect his work though, he has made alot of great addons (The Road to Neuschwanstein, Armaggedon, The Sixth Depths of Terrorism, etc.); and I really like what he was trying to do with them.

It's funny reading alot of those old messages, how "possesive" and "secretive" I was over everything, and how I wasn't really as nice and open as I could have been to Gary and othes at times. Oh well, I think I've gotten alot better over the years - but there's always room for improvement I suppose. *gives everyone a big hug, just to show he's not evil* Mr Green
Loki
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 3
france.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:10 am

Hello, my name is Loki and my english is poor Razz

Ummmm..... I've a litle big problem me too Embarassed

In the MCS tutorial : adding a new enemie, what's the rule for define the "case numbers" in the final step ? Because currently i can make only one new enemie. It's sad. (flashback humor)

Can somebody help me ?
Codetech84
Code Master
Code Master

Topics: 22
finland.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:38 am

??? The case number can be anything that isn't allready used... I'm not sure if I answered your question...

Loki
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

france.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:33 pm

Ah ! Strange. Ok, i try this. Thanks for your help codetech.
Codetech84
Code Master
Code Master

Topics: 22
finland.gif

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:02 am

When you have duplicate case numbers in one switch, you will get "duplicate case" error message.

Loki
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

france.gif

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:28 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Yes. It's good. I can added more enemys now. Cool
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Time synchronized with the forum server time
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> DieHard Archives View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: