DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Hundscheisse - You deserve an update!!
Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:44 am
   Subject: Hundscheisse - You deserve an update!!
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

a lot of you probably are wondering what happened to "Operation: Hundscheisse". normally, monkee does the promoting for me, but he's recently "burned out", and is cancelling most of his own projects. the ones I initiated, "OHS episodes 1-3" and "SKUNKS" are still being made, so don't fear! i'm not the best at updating and self promotion, but I will try to myself now since I must! Very Happy

I am feverishly working on the final stage of Operation: Hundscheisse. there have actually been many versions and prototypes of the last stage, but they've been thrown out, including scrapping entire wall texture sets for the stage. monkee had agreed to help with the last stages, but he ditched the project, and I'm working on it on my own ever so slowly. i have tweaked stuff in 2, and 3, even though they are off in the future, and The Incredible Pete has offered to help with the later games. If the first three are good, I will release a 4th after SKUNKZ, but no promises right now.

Did anyone play the demo? I would be interested to know. I looked at monkee's modDB site for it and it said there was only 7 download hits total, which I guess is better than none. really, I would like to know what someone thinks, since this is my first effort. Thanks to everyone! Very Happy Very Happy
Mikey X
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 1
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:57 pm
   Subject: Re: Hundscheisse - You deserve an update!!
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

It wasn't too bad but since it was only one level it was pretty good. I didn't like the slingshots too much (no offense). I just thought they were too weird. I thought the boss wasn't too bad even though he was very easy. But other than those it was pretty good. Smile
Spiritblade-inc
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 30
canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:30 pm

NIce name there, lol "Dumb Shithead/DumschiesseKopf"
Majik Monkey has burned out?? Sad, in what does that mean, or well, in what way?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:52 am

too much wolf modding. he wasn't doing anything else anymore, not that he did before. he also does other stuff, though. he works and is a youth group leader and substitute teacher and supervisor at his job, (and has a wife) so he doesn't have any time to begin with, but he managed to steal enough time to totally burn out on wolfenstein. he was going to cancel all his projects, but the voice of reason told him things weren't that bad. he'll be back...soon too, I'll bet. Very Happy

Mikester, thanx for your critque. No worries if you don't like the slingshot...the rest of the game is pretty "cool", and seeing the old man BJ faces and the slingshots certainly add a wierd feel to it all. Time and time again I was tempted to change those elements, but they fit the story, and the semi-subtle-humorous theme of the game. Not to worry. Hund 2 and 3 feature real guns, just the same "old" BJ face. I think you'll like the full version of the first one. As for the bosses being easy, well, it's a Trans Grosse based boss. When are they ever hard? Laughing It was a first level, though, so that's okay with me. Thanx for your helpful criticism!
Mikey X
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:03 am

No problem, I like the Hundscheisse 2 bosses. There's just something about Overkill that just makes him look so cool. I think it's his head that just makes him look really cool. Yeah I think I will like the full version.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:03 am

monkee put that character together...it was...um...like his 5th Wolfenstein creation ever before he started the real complex editing stuff. it is cool, but of course, everything having to do with Bobba Fett is cool. Very Happy

monkee did all the new characters for all the games (by did I mean he either shrunk them if they are just other game characters or put together the pieces to create them). we (me and my brothers) did the voices as well, most were monkee's too.

probably one question I get asked a lot is "is there a very last Angel of Death boss?" Well, yes! how else can a SOD conversion end? What is it? Well, what do YOU think? Cool

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:46 am

hey. does anyone actually go to look at the screenshots in the modDB site monkee set up for this game? if not, I'd post a couple. I would rather have a couple shots here than a dozen on another site because the community here is the main one of interest to me. so if you don't want to go there, i can bring them here! Very Happy

by the way I should mention the exe for OHS makes the slingshot much tougher. it is the weapon of choice against single enemies even though it fires less fast than other weapons. it's power makes it very useful! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:01 pm

by the way, this is kind of off the topic, but at the same time, it isn't, since it's one of my/our projects. here is the final cast sheet for "Operation: Letzterschutz". The game follows the story after WWII when BJ was sent to stop an escaped group of Nazis in South America, who formed a group with some South Americans called "The Triumvirate". He must stop them from developing a deadly secret weapon, the Gyropanzer, before it can be launched against the world. BTW, you don't fight Emmet Von Braun in the game, but the pic is to put a face to the name. Cool

Mikey X
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:26 pm

The enemies look pretty cool, I like the El Presidente boss. Also the Gyro enemy looks cool too. Good luck with Operation Letzershutz, also good luck with the Operation Hundscheisse series.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:14 am

by the way, even though there are three of us working on "Operation: Letzterschutz" already, we are looking for talented level designers who can do great things with level designing, in the spirit of the original Wolfenstein. Level types we'll be needing will include:

- inside submarine levels (probably lost episodes metal walls with port holes)

- several outdoors jungle levels with lots of isolated little shacks

- inside Triumvirate stronghold levels (similar to typical wolf levels)

If you are a level designer with a creative mind and great map making skills in the original wolfenstein spirit, inquire within! We want this set to have more levels than the Hundscheisse games, but we can't do it alone...Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:27 am

i was mistaking. monkee tells me that you actually do fight Emmet Von Braun but not as a boss. sorry about the miscommunication. Cheesy Grin
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 56
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:25 pm

Um, Dumsheissekopf, I would like to help with Hundenscheisse, but I'm kind of devoted to the DHWTC. I really want to see Hundenscheisse finished. Also I can make a few cartoony textures, and sprites for SKUNKZ, I have a few tree sprites, and a technique for using them if you are interested in making a forest level.

Some ideas for the submarine:

1. use animated walls to convey the idea of movement out side of the portholes.

2. make a ladder sprite of a latter coming out of the floor and or ceiling to give the effect of another level above or below.

3. use the directional sprites tut to make rounded holes separating rooms like in a real sub.

A sub would be a great idea figuring wolf already looks cramped like one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:30 pm

good suggestions, definitely, but I can't do the ones involving code changes. our goal was to stick to code-free "old school" modification, even though some of the level themes are more elaborate than an old castle. don't want to sound like we are trying to be cheap, cause we're not.

as for your suggestions for outdoor texture use, and your offers of help, i more than gladly accept...we need a little bit of everything you offered to help with. i'll let you know the details as time goes on! Cool
Mikey X
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:15 pm

I like the dog troopers, they look pretty cool. I also thought UbelAfter looked pretty cool in a very weird way.
Reivax44
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 3
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:24 pm

-about Majik Monkee

Quote:
is a youth group leader and substitute teacher and supervisor at his job, (and has a wife) so he doesn't have any time to begin with

What the? That shows how much I know about Majik! I thought he was still a teenager.

I'm really sorry to hear that Majik has lost interest in Wolfenstein at the moment but, I wouldn't worry too much because Majik was so passionate about Wolfenstein that he will miss it, after having put so much effort into it over the last year, and I'm sure that he will soon be back, quite soon is my guess (about 3-6 months). - please don't quote me Razz

Pixel Master

Topics: 81
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:49 am

Dumscheissekopf (who has greatly reduced internet access these days) has asked me to let you all know that besides some ending art stuff, Operation Hundscheisse Chapter 1 is finished. There may or may not be coding done to change the text that scrolls at the President closing screen, but otherwise, it's totally done. Dumscheissekopf had wanted to try to implement coding that would make BJ belch and fart if you consumed too many food health pickups in a short while, but the requirements for that seemed to be a bit much, and the project has been in the works for ages now. Anyway, look for it to be released before too long...it's all up to me now, since I'm doing the designs for those closing screens... Too Cool

DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:18 am

Yay, I've been patiently awaiting this one. I think all of the humor put into it will make it a nice change from the gritty mods!
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:39 am

It's really quite a strange brand of humor too. Some of it is obvious outright meant to be funny, and then there's some stuff that's just there that may or may not be funny to everyone, but others may find humorous (such as some of the wierd voices, the always dirty toilets and bare light bulbs, even in the nicer areas). Also, he's done some stuff I've never seen before in a mod, which is odd for a guy who's only played regular Wolf and mostly "traditional" type mods before. I wasn't sure what Dumscheissekopf was shooting for when he started making this mod, especially since it was his first he planned to release, but I've had a lot of fun testing the levels over and over, and even though there's only five or six levels in this chapter, I've found it to be pretty fun. I think it will definitely be considered to be very unique if nothing else. Very Happy

Pixel Master

Topics: 23
southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:09 pm

Your remarks on the game made for interesting reading Majik. I'm looking forward to the finished game - the enemy gfx look good and a bit of humour is a plus also imho.

Oh yeah, and as Chris said in another thread, love the new avatar Smile I think you should be nominated for an "Adrian Carmack" award Smile
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:56 am

Well, I figure if you can get a laugh out of a mod and still feel like you're accomplishing something when you progress through it, that's a pretty good combination. I've always had the utmost respect for those folks who have dared to try something "unusual" with their mods...if done well, it can be as challenging as making a great historically based or "serious" mod, and it offers a change of pace for gamers in the end when it comes out well (not to say that there can't be or haven't been serious mods with touches of humor throughout them). I haven't ever tried making a humorous mod at this point, though when SKUNKZ gets fully underway I probably won't be able to make that claim anymore. Laughing

As for the avatar, thanks to both you and Chris...I was going to thank him in the original string her commented on it in, but I didn't have enough else to say in the post to justify my posting again just yet. For a little background info, "The Incredible Pete" (my OTHER brother who does mods) is working on a project where the goal is to destroy him before he can crank out any more lousy mods (so far he hasn't released any). He asked that I feature "myself" in one of his levels, as I would depict myself if I was the supreme ruler of my own realm. Well, that's it...with a tiny bit of inspiration from Final Fantasy III, my favorite non-Wolf game. Glad you guys like it, and thanks for the generous compliments! Cheesy Grin

Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:21 am

Well, for a mod with only five levels (or is it six levels? Wink ) this project has been in the works for a LOOOONG time now. The good news is that aside from some minor coding being done to the exe, the game is finished! It's being tested privately, and the main changes being made are all cosmetic...I predict a release of the full version of Chapter 1 (the whole first game) within days of now! Part of the delay was some issues caused by Flo Edit, including all the game files being wiped out when Flo crashed one of the times (thank goodness for backups!). Anyway, though, just wanted to say that the game is done except for the finalized exe, so keep an eye out for it! The good news is that developing this game has laid the framework upon which the sequels will be built, and they will go much more quickly than the original has. Thanks for everyone's patience...it won't be long now! Cheesy Grin

Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:44 am

Hopefully it won't dissapoint...I know it's fewer levels than some sets, but most of them are pretty large, with a decent amount of decoration. I'm a bit surprised since I didn't know Dumscheissekopf had mapping talent, but apparantly he does... Cheesy Grin

I just wish now that we'd taken the advice of the mappers who told us early on that Flo Edit was too buggy, and that MapEdit was the way to go...I've got no special love for Windows interfaces, and MapEdit didn't crash once when Dumscheissekopf was using it for level editing/creation. Half the delay came from thinking there was something wrong with the host PC, when really it was just that Flo Edit was being a pain. It's useful for non-coders like me still for importing title screens and sprites that WolfEdit can't handle, but past that, I'm sticking to the older programs after what I've learned from helping with Hundscheisse and using them. Is that considered "devolution"? I don't know, but I always go with what works best...and in this case, it's the old stuff! Geek

Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:37 am

Dumscheissekopf and I need ONE tester for "Operation: Hundscheisse"...it's been tested internally by several different people, and some other folks have had a chance to look at it, but we'd appreciate one more person to sit down with it and put it through it's paces. The test copy is complete except for some minor code changes that are still in the works. If you're interested, either PM me or email me at mmerrill@centene.com. Since we're only looking for one, it will probably be on a first come first serve basis. We're looking for real constructive, useful input here, that may or may not get used. Laughing Thanks!

Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:11 am

Yes, ladies and gents, it's official! The relase date for the final (hopefully) version of "Operation: Hundscheisse" will be April 29, 2004 (which, as of now, is tomorrow). Thanks for your patience...it should be worth the wait! Razz

Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:54 am

Well, a promise is a promise...after months of blood, sweat, and tears (well, I'm not sure about the blood and tears, but the sweat was real!), here's the final version "Operation: Hundscheisse". I was going to wait until Brian posted it on the Dome, but I'm too eager to go ahead and make it available now...anyway, without further ado, here's the link...

http://www.angelfire.com/droid/majikmonkee/OHSfinal.zip

Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:58 pm

@Majik Monkee: It's pretty good, I Like SS-dogs Smile I will upload it to my website sometime after I test this game - it will take couple weeks to decide to release it on my site
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:01 pm

Take your time...the game's not going anywhere...plus, if you really spend some time with it, you might just unlock "the secret"...(see the text manual for details)... Cheesy Grin

DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:41 pm

Yay!!! I can die a happy man now!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:57 pm

Majik Monkee wrote:
Take your time...the game's not going anywhere...plus, if you really spend some time with it, you might just unlock "the secret"...(see the text manual for details)... Cheesy Grin

I don't rush it, just started... Cheesy Grin Mr Green
Mikey X
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:04 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Pretty cool, I give it an 8/10. Smile I give the critique on it later when most people are done with it. I don't want to ruin anything for anyone. Wink Ok so I already beat it but I played it on wimp mode, just to give it a test run, to see how good it is. Wink
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: