DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

What is your favorite level from Spear of Destiny?
Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Spear of Destiny View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
KyleRTCW
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 45
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 5:30 am
   Subject: Re: What is your favorite level from Spear of Destiny?
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I like level 16, Of course, i play baby mode Laughing Embarassed

DieHard SS

Topics: 1
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:59 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I thought the first secret level was pretty cool but it took forever to beat, and also it was a pretty challenging level which is good. I also thought level 5 was cool just because you get to fight Trans Grosse, even though he is very easy.
KyleRTCW
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 45
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:16 pm

level 5 seemed so "empty" of scenery, I like levels with a lot of scenery, Like SR for example Smile Wink and tran's green suit looks ugly against that brown rock wall Sick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:47 pm

Well, my favourtite levels is the 5,10,18,21. A love to chalenge man to man with a boss. Specially when its the Death Knight. Really, I like so much of Death Knight. But on the level of Death Knight, something has irritaded me. I hate boss levels that you begin in a small room with ammo and health, open the door and find the boss. This, irritate anyone thats is of my type (don't offense for any wolfer)
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Topics: 186

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:47 pm

Last edited by Thomas on Thu May 26, 2011 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Metal Overlord
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 33
sweden.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:40 am

If I haven't replied here before, then my favorite's level 16. ‹bermutant! Very Happy

Gary
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Topics: 5
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:17 pm

Seems like there is some consensus here, with 2, 16, 17 and 18 being really popular choices. 2 and 16 are definitely in my top 5, but my top 5 thing doesn't come in any particular order. I'm pretty sure I could go through Wolf and Spear and give every level a 1, 2, 3 or 4 (1 best, 4 the least fantastic), coming up with equal numbers of each. As for ranking those that'd be another story. Spear levels that would get a "1" from me are:

Level 2: Pretty much everything has been said on this one. The layout can be pretty confusing, especially when you're not used to it. The slimey walls and pukey ceiling are also a plus Smile The Funky Colonel Bill tune is a helper too. Like Chris, I remember this level hooking me on getting a hold of the full version of Spear (even though I would have probably ended up doing it anyway)

Level 6: The first dungeon level has always been one of my favorites. I hate to offer the reason "it just does it for me," but in this case I have to. Decorations and layout are awesome

Level 11: This one gets the "1" becuase of its concept. The square castley feel really grabbed me the first time I played it, so much so that I've designed quite a few levels of my own with it as an inspiration. This is one of the moments in the game where you really feel like you're in a castle... you can see outdoors, everything is square-like, and the over abundance of gray textures and ceiling help drive home the effect. The tune "Nazi Anthem" will always carry a mutant connotation for me because I first heard it during my mutant introduction all those years ago, but this level utilizes the music in a refreshing way. A solid all around level

Level 13: Atmosphere gives unlucky 13 the coveted "1". The exceptionally dark brown ceiling, cobblestone walls and eerie "Suspense" tune create a real sense of forboding and gloom. As I type this, it is hitting me about how seriously I take the whole music/ceiling color thing. It's really amazing....

Level 16: I can only think of two other boss levels in the series that would get a "1", and those would be Hitler and FatFace. For starters, the Ubermutant is one of the absolute coolest bosses. Additionally, like E3 and E6, this level involves some "pre-boss" work that can get you into quick trouble. Besides, no level would get a 1 from me without a great atmosphere that fits the situation, and level 16 certainly passes that test.

Which Spear levels would draw a "4"? It's not easy to say, because no Wolf/Spear level is bad by any strech of the imagination (well, except E4L10.. a total cop out), but Spear levels 3, 10, 19 and 21 strike me as the least awesome.

-Gary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:46 pm

The level where you go out the elevator and shoot and there's a trillion guys that come. you know because they say their thing. It is really cool what that sounds like when that happens. I think the music was cool too. you guys know what level I'm talking about, right?
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:24 am

Three SOD levels I remember have this approach. There's Floor 4, 8, and 17. Hearing you speak of the music, I'd have to say Floor 4, which used the music "The SS Gonna Get You". It starts out with the brown stone canyon walls, and nearby is a pack of guards moving around a bunch of single-square walls.

This floor is also played in one of the game's self-running demos.

Edit: It should have been Floor 8, not 7.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:59 pm

ok the level i described was level 16. Since I've got the sod wad, ive made up insane challenges (such as using only a chainsaw, only a pistol) on I am death incarnate and almost never won...but it was fun. level 16 is a challenge on any difficulty level, though.
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:13 pm

I'm with you there. That multiple-door attack triggered by the single brown guard you shoot down - That attack is pure hell. I've only managed to design four Wolfenstein level sequences more challenging than that. They're all in my "Operation: Kill BJ!" add-on - On Level 7 of Episode 2 (in a hidden area where Mutants attack through three doors), Levels 4 and 5 of Episode 5, and Level 8 of Episode 6 (The last area; the brown guards are actually extremely dangerous!).
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:04 am
   Subject: ...surprise yourself, read your old messages!

Dugtrio17 wrote:
EDIT: What the hell? I used to write like that?! A few grammar corrections... can't let THAT get out...

Oh, you sly little devil. Luckily my new desktop shall keep the memories of Dugtrio-l33t alive forever!!! Laughing

I know what you mean though. It's kind of scary to look back at old posts sometimes. I was just reading this post, for example, and the writing style seems so utterly confusing to me right now - haha. It's incorrect usage/spelling of words like "then", "every time", and "passion" really make me shutter too. I have these specific ways how I like to layout my paragraphs and sentences on the page so they look nice and pretty as well (lol), so the old ones always look out of alignment on my current 1280x800 screen now, but then again, trying to align a paragraph exactly the way I want is probably stupid, since everyone has different monitor resolutions anyway.

EDIT: What in blazes? I used to type that way?! A couple grammar fixes... can't let THAT get out...

Last edited by Chris on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Dean
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 52
australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:12 pm

Chris are you editing this from the future? Think

If you are can you search the net and give me the Lotto numbers for the next draw please? thanks Mr Green

"Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people" - Socrates
Hellblazer
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Topics: 8
netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:53 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Favorite lvl is definitly 18, because i love boss battles and this was the best one in my opinion.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Spear of Destiny View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: