DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

The Anticipation by ack
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> U-Rate-It View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic

How do you rate these levels ?
Fantastic
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Above Average
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Average
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Below Average
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Very Bad
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Voted : 9
Total Votes : 9

Schabbs
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 33
uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:07 am
   Subject: The Anticipation by ack
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

After a slow start ack's "The Anticipation" (a maps set to be played with "Spear Resurrection") has made the top ten on the forum charts. I'm glad to see it there. For me, it's an excellent set of levels that provides an enjoyable alternative to Steve's and MCS's great game. But how would you rate it ?

I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 8
poland.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:11 am
   Subject: Re: The Anticipation by ack
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Fantastic! ack again proved that he's a great mapper! I played it only for a second, but I'll get into it next weekend.. then I'll say something more.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:25 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Its very good, but the problem is the SuperClones came in too early (on level 12) I dont think everyone is good at killing 3-4 superclones at once. I liked the level 11 and lower because I acually had a chance of winning
Arielus
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 20
argentina.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:08 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I haven't been casting any votes for Spear Resurrection for many weeks now... The reason why I haven't is because it's been a while since I last played it... I do remember how much I loved it, of course. Moreover, I still think it's the best Spear of Destiny mod ever released at the moment of this writing... But, in order to give it a fair vote now, I don't believe having played it so long ago is a good thing... On the contrary, I think I should play it once again, or, at least, a big part of it, to decide how to vote for it in the present... Maybe I'd still give it 'Hots', maybe not, so, as I don't know, I just don't vote... As I once wrote, this is just my point of view, and I don't think everyone should agree with it...

Anyway, I digress here... It would be repetitive to say that when I first played AReyeP and MCS's mod, I thought I hadn't seen anything like it, but, anyway, it's important here to say how I felt about the maps, in particular... Someone once wrote that Spear Resurrection featured 'excellent level design', and, at that time, I couldn't agree more with that person... Even now I still think the mod has got just 23 perfect levels, which utilise all the other features perfectly... Each of them takes flawless advantage of all the graphics and code features AReyeP and MCS respectively worked on... Even the music seems to be correct for each of the mod's 64x64 scenarios...

When I played ack's 'The Anticipation', I remembered a little more just how much I had enjoyed Spear Resurrection... Of course, the experience was not the same as when I first tried AReyeP and MCS's masterpiece, but it was close... I was able to enjoy ack's maps as much as I had enjoyed Spear Resurrection's, simply because of the reasons I commented at the end of the previous paragraph... ack had made thousands of maps for the original versions of both Spear of Destiny and Wolfenstein 3-D before making the 24 that compose this title, and I can't stop finding it amazing how well he adapted his style when he found himself in front of a map editor for Spear Resurrection...

So, well, that's it... I guess I've not been in the right mood to start playing AReyeP and MCS's mod again, but I'm grateful that I gave ack's a try... The anticipation for 'End of Destiny' has not been eased, just the opposite! - LOL... Having played the mod we are rating here, my desire to start the hunt for Baron von Schmitt's successor, Heinrich Haufmann, is bigger than before! Mr Green

Ariel.

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> U-Rate-It View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: