DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

wolfenstein nightmares
Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Polling Booth View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic

Nightmares
i have of had nightmers of wolfenstein
52%
 52%  [ 20 ]
i have nightmers of other game but not wolfenstein
47%
 47%  [ 18 ]
Voted : 33
Total Votes : 38

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:15 am
   Subject: wolfenstein nightmares
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I've had nightmares about wolfenstein and some other games before and I'm wondering how often this happens to other people.

oh and please tell us about your nightmares
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 57
blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:49 am
   Subject: Nightmares... or beautiful adventures?
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

YES! Just a few weeks ago, I had a dream that E4L2 of Wolfenstein had a section that you could enter that wasn't on the map (that Mr. Lowe also knew about); which was sort of a Grey Stone tunnel to another dimension where the map plane took a dive beyond it's own flatness into a winding bump underneath the surface of it's deceiving appearance in Mapedit. It was pretty crazy, you'd have to ask Hair Machine for the details from our e-mails... I seem to have forgotten most of it.

Ah, just to get the spirit of this topic going, here's a text file I wrote when I was really young. Bear in mind that my writing skills were pretty sloppy and less descriptive back than. Wink

::: CODE :::
I Am So Obsessed With Wofenstein That...
-------------------------------------------------
   Some signs of being obsessed with wolfenstein are:
   - You make wolfenstein levels during school
   - All your stories have pictures of those Wolfenstein Guys (BJ, Guard,
     Dr. Schabbs, Sailor Dude)
   - You Dream About Being In Wolfenstein
   - Your name is CHRIS CHOKAN

I've dreamed about being in Wolfenstein many times. I remember one time I dreamed about being in one of Carrot Top's levels where the blue guys would always come out of their little room so we put a deaf guard behind the door. In my dream, the blue guys launched away that deaf guard (The guys weren't dots, they were real people) and started coming after me. I didn't shoot, I ran like hell to the elevator & YIKES!, there was a blue guy with me in the elevator. Somehow, we reached Pizza Hut, and boy did it have a big chandelire and the blue guy was telling me about some guys he knew from school, I saw some guys (& girls) I knew from a long time ago too & while I was talking with this girl (Angela Frawley) I woke up. Another cool dream I had (Last Night 96/11/01) was that me and the white guys were trying to bring us to Level 61 but those damm blue guards wouldn't co-operate. So I went into my editor and switched the blue guys to guards (this is probably the stupidest dream you've ever heard of) and then I went into the elevator and were telling the white guys (who had somehow turned into G.I. Joe's) to shoot me so the operation would work (For some stupid reason, I didn't even feel any pain from the bullets). After they shot me, I flicked the switch and we ended up in another world. Next thing I remebered, me and this girl (Amanda Glenn) were walking in this clear tube to find something (I thing it was dust) and I had to get up to go to the washroom (Shucks!).

It would be fun to hear some of these experiences from you David O. Tell us some stories about your Wolfenstein Nightmares! Mr Green

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:38 am
   Subject: Re: wolfenstein nightmers

ok 2 dayz ogo i waz a sleep i waz in this house and lots of guys (looked like thay wer from a shity T.C.) so this hapend over and over but untill i desided 2 go out side i fownd out theas guys wer coming out of theas trucks (made out of cells like trucks in a T.C.) Then i notest armerd cars made out of old 3D grafix (no texturs) then i walked away but thats a difrent story.

u sed u wer suprised u didnt feal pane in 1 of ur dreams thats strang your not ment 2 feall pane but once i waz standing out side my old house and this chopper came and started shooting me (i sor blood like u do wen u get shot in doom) i felt pins and neadls wer i got shot.
JoeWolf
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 2
uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:56 am

About the Video Game dreams
I had a dream which was a mix of Doom and Resident Evil.
I was in a weird maze sorta thing with doom graphics and there were loads of RE
zombies and giant mutant spiders, i was running around with the
doom shotgun trying to get away from them and in the end i
got to a lift and a girl appeared from nowhere and was talking to me about something. Very weird.

About the pain when hurt in dreams :
My auntie had a dream where she was babysitting some kids and she was
attacked by ninjas or agents ,something like that, who were trying to capture the kids. She was
shot in the arm in the dream and when she woke up there was a
bruise on her arm where she was hit.

Joe

DieHard Officer

Topics: 45
usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:04 am

I had a dream I was in Wolfenstein. This might be the stupidest thing ever though. It seem to last about 2 mins. Large room with doors all over and me and the guards were riding tricycles. Neutral

Also, I had a dream I was in my grandma's house at night when a mutant was chasing me and trying to kill me, but I hid the shower and it couldn't find me. I had this dream twice, and it ended the same.

JoeWolf wrote:
About the pain when hurt in dreams :
My auntie had a dream where she was babysitting some kids and she was
attacked by ninjas or agents ,something like that, who were trying to capture the kids. She was
shot in the arm in the dream and when she woke up there was a
bruise on her arm where she was hit.

I recall something like that happening to me, Something happened in my dream to me and when I woke up. where i got hurt really did hurt. Think

Also this is a bit off topic but Anonymous, did you ever wake up and you can't really move your body? Like your body is asleep and doesn't respond. It's wierd, it's like only your mind is awake, I couldn't move anything excpet my toes. Your like real stiff. Sometimes I can get out of it and wake my body up. And sometimes it makes me fall back asleep like laughing gas. Did this ever happen to you Anonymous?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:02 am
   Subject: Re: wolfenstein nightmares

I have yet to dream about Wolfenstein. But I have had dreams about Morrowind.

As for paralysis, never have I experienced that.
A Bash.Org Quoter Person wrote:
#147771 +(164)- [X]

<Laemtao> Girls are like Wolfenstein 3D.
<Shatai> How so?
<Laemtao> If you get far enough, you have to fight Hitler himself.

Mr Green

Edit: I never have nightmres about gmaes, or nightmares. I believe that if a game is bad enough to give me nightmares, I shouldn't be playing it. That's why I avoid all of Evan Darrow's "games".

Last edited by Guest on Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:20 pm

I had a dream with Wolf3d but it was not exactly a nightmare. I have see in my mind an finished level map in WDC, probably it was happened because I didn't have much inspiration at this last days.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 3:05 am

KyleRTCW i did wake up once and wif out the ability of movement or fealing in my right arm. I must of sleped on it all night. once i dremped that a chunk of my finger was mising then i woke up and had a shower and then i notest a pease of my finger was mising! i allmost shit my self

o i had a dream about sonic the hechog it must have bean the worst dream ever, so fast stooop!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:30 am

I used to have nightmares of the Wolfenstein 3d bosses but that was back in '92 and '93.

Thunderstorm Joshua Waight Thunderstorm
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 56
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:30 pm

The dreams that freak me out the most are the one's where I fall asleep with my eyes open. All you can see is the darkness of your room and whatever it is your dreaming about is hanging out there with you. Really creepy if you are having a nightmare because it's very hard to tell whether or not you are really asleep or if its all really happening to you.

I freaked out my friend once because he saw me sleeping with my eyes open.
Ubermutant
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 17
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:16 pm

KyleRTCW wrote:

Also this is a bit off topic but Anonymous, did you ever wake up and you can't really move your body? Like your body is asleep and doesn't respond. It's wierd, it's like only your mind is awake, I couldn't move anything excpet my toes. Your like real stiff. Sometimes I can get out of it and wake my body up. And sometimes it makes me fall back asleep like laughing gas. Did this ever happen to you Anonymous?

That stiffness thing has happened to me heaps of times. Man I wonder why?

Also Ive been a bit scared of Clive Barkers Undying.

That really freaks me out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:17 pm

Nightmares about Wolf? No. Not yet. And I seriously doubt that I ever will have any. But I've had nightmares (or just dreams) about other games.

I've often been the Doomguy. And always if things went just too well, I got into trouble. I just found the plasma and used it against the simple former humans (don't ask me why, though. I'd never do this!). And just when the gun was empty I had walked on a bridge. Doors closed and I realized that I was trapped. Then I heard the screem of hundreds of Cacodemons... When the first one came into my sight and opened his mouth, I woke up. And I really was in cold sweat, belive me...

Other dreams have been Tie Fighter, Heroes of might and magic and even WarCraft II.

KyleRTCW wrote:
Also this is a bit off topic but vman, did you ever wake up and you can't really move your body? Like your body is asleep and doesn't respond. It's wierd, it's like only your mind is awake, I couldn't move anything excpet my toes. Your like real stiff. Sometimes I can get out of it and wake my body up. And sometimes it makes me fall back asleep like laughing gas. Did this ever happen to you vman?

Mmm. I don't know why you ask me of all people, but: no. I've always had full control of my body (exception: when I'm drunk. Cheesy Grin ). I can't remember to actually have been really paralized in my life. Yet I often experiance something similar: I'm extremely tired but my spirit is completely awake. I want to sleep because it gets harder and harder to even keep my eyes open - but I could easily a math test (and I hated math in school). I just can't sleep and I keep thinking about everything. Those nights are hell. Just like the next day... Not Happy
Ubermutant
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:11 pm

Hey Anonymous, have you had dreams of you falling and then when you wake up it feels like you "fell" onto your bed?

Man Ive had that happen to me a few times!

Freaky stuff!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:12 pm

I have freaky nightmares, but I'd wake up and scream if they looked like Wolf 3D! Video games shouldn't be showing up in my nightmares! Wierd convict neighbors and phsyco melting walls where the people talk and make no sense should be my nightmares... What? I usualy can't remember my nightmares.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:18 am

Ubermutant wrote:
Hey Anonymous, have you had dreams of you falling and then when you wake up it feels like you "fell" onto your bed?

Yes, that's a strange thing. You just awoke and still feel like your body was falling. You can still feel the air as you're falling through it. - But I've never felt the impact when "hitting" the ground (or my bed). Cheesy Grin

Quote:
Freaky stuff!

There's more to the world than we (want to) know...
experiencedgamer
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Topics: 4
blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:31 am

Ubermutant wrote:

Freaky stuff!

No.
The_EgAt
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Topics: 1
iceland.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:01 pm

I've had one (that I remember) dream/nightmare about Wolf, I was walking around, there was blue brick all around me and then the brown guards came and I shot them and woke up.

Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 3
finland.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:57 am

RTCW style: Once in a nighmare I was in castle Wolfenstein. It was night. Some catacombs were in the lowest parts of the castle. There were statues. I looked at the statues and in their eyes. I wasvery close to them. Suddenly the woke up. They started to chase me. I knew that in one room there were some people. I started running towards it. When I was at the door the statues (or monsters, whatever) were about 10 meters behind me. I tried to open the door but it was locked! I hit it many times and it opened and I fell in. And yes, all were normal humans in there. I told them everything. They wanted to check my story. One stayed in the room. We went to look for the statues. They were where they had been. When I saw them they started to chase us. We ran to the room and then I woke up.

Sometimes I know that I'm just dreaming (not in nightmares) and I can wake up any time. But usually I just continue sleeping (usually I'm too tired to wake up).
lakota_bucksnort
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Topics: 6
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:19 pm

JUST FOR THE RECORD...IN 80 YEARS I HAVE DREAMED ABOUT ALMOST EVERYTHING...EXCEPT WOLFENSTEIN. Too Cool
ZuljinRaynor
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 19

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:32 pm

Nope, no dreams. True people that love games (aka HARDCORE Gamers + People who can control themselves) do not get dreams from games cause they know it is fake. ATI and NVIDIA, you cannot make us believe this is real!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only dreams from movies cause actors are real people while a 3D character is just a model and a .bmp/.tga/.gif/.someotherextension. (Texture)

Good night! Sweet Dreams! Twisted Evil
Xarkon
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 18
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:58 am

Ubermutant wrote:
Hey Xarkon, have you had dreams of you falling and then when you wake up it feels like you "fell" onto your bed?
Freaky stuff!

Yeah!! I have had that a few times. It's probably your mind being sent to heaven or Hell or is away somewhere or somethging, and then it is dropped back into you because your subconscious activates too quickly or something. Understand that? It makes perfect sense but yeah it is freaky. I have had some dreams about CG chicks. I always tell me mate off for drooling all over the keyboard over CG chicks. Man I'm dreamin' about 'em!! $#!+ I have had some dreams about loads of enemies from games killin me. I have them quite regularly. Recently I have had some about this hot chick I know from skooL. hehehehe... Me mate Jon Okaner said as a young kid, he had dreams about Donkey Kong Land3 and his mumma manned him from his SNES for a while coz they werent too happy. Hehehe, he's gonna kill me for this. HAHAHAHA!!!

Chris wrote:
Am So Obsessed With Wofenstein That...
-------------------------------------------------
Some signs of being obsessed with wolfenstein are:
- You make wolfenstein levels during school
- All your stories have pictures of those Wolfenstein Guys (BJ, Guard,
Dr. Schabbs, Sailor Dude)
- You Dream About Being In Wolfenstein
- Your name is CHRIS CHOKAN

I've dreamed about being in Wolfenstein many times. I remember one time I dreamed about being in one of Carrot Top's levels where the blue guys would always come out of their little room so we put a deaf guard behind the door. In my dream, the blue guys launched away that deaf guard (The guys weren't dots, they were real people) and started coming after me. I didn't shoot, I ran like hell to the elevator & YIKES!, there was a blue guy with me in the elevator. Somehow, we reached Pizza Hut, and boy did it have a big chandelire and the blue guy was telling me about some guys he knew from school, I saw some guys (& girls) I knew from a long time ago too & while I was talking with this girl (Angela Frawley) I woke up. Another cool dream I had (Last Night 96/11/01) was that me and the white guys were trying to bring us to Level 61 but those damm blue guards wouldn't co-operate. So I went into my editor and switched the blue guys to guards (this is probably the stupidest dream you've ever heard of) and then I went into the elevator and were telling the white guys (who had somehow turned into G.I. Joe's) to shoot me so the operation would work (For some stupid reason, I didn't even feel any pain from the bullets). After they shot me, I flicked the switch and we ended up in another world. Next thing I remebered, me and this girl (Amanda Glenn) were walking in this clear tube to find something (I thing it was dust) and I had to get up to go to the washroom (Shucks!).

That's me! I do that nearly everyday. Wolf stuff at skooL is what Im particularly guilty of. Most of Dreams I die in. I think it's God's way of saying Im a little shit. hehe... he's not wrong...
Well, I think dreams are just random thoughts. We apparently do our best thinking in our sleep, that's because we are doing more thinking than we are when we are awake. I do all my best thinking in bed. heehehehe.... No not like taht if ya know what I mean. hehehe... uhhh anyways.

Joel Corrigan Smile [/quote]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:46 pm

I've had a dream about Wolf3d before, but not a nightmare.

In it, I was running down one of the gray hallways being persued by a group of brown guards. As I'm running, I fire blindly over my shoulder with the Luger and bash through a door at the end of the hall. Just as I collect my wits and started to stand up, I hear the click of a chaingun and seen Hans towering above me. He said his patented "Guten Tag!"....then the alarm went off. Just when it was getting good too, poo.
wolfie3dfan
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 6
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:54 pm

I have nightmares about wolf games being released with Bosses on each and every level.

Dam, it came true. Sad
Xarkon
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 18
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:30 am

wolfie3dfan wrote:
I have nightmares about wolf games being released with Bosses on each and every level. Dam, it came true.

HAHAHA!!! Every level? haha, must have been a been either a really bad mod or a really bad dream! or both!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

hehehe...
hehe..
he..

oh god...

Joel Corrigan Smile

Bring 'em On

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:13 am

Good night.

Sleep tight.

Dont let the bed bugs bite.

BED BUGS... BITING?! NOW I'LL NEVER GET TO SLEEP!!!

DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 30
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:15 pm

Wolf Dreams, but never nightmares, since I was young. I always draw on paper, SS and guards etc. Even on my Hitler report paper I drew an SS yelling "Shultzstaffel!"
I think now I'm becoming so obsessed with Wolfenstein, but at a late time Neutral
sentenced
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 5
sao_tome.gif

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:28 pm

Almost a year ago to this day I was happily working away (obsessively) on my Wolf3D website, concentrating specifically on making those damn GIF's of every enemy and boss from all the games in the series. I was at it non-stop for about five hours and I came down to have my tea.

After I ate (lasagne Cheesy Grin), the second before I got up to help clear away, I immediately thought of Hitler wearing his mech gear, I turned "stone grey" and "collapsed" at my mum's feet!

I woke up in Ormskirk Hospital with a needle in my vein taking blood and my next door neighbour in the bed opposite me. Neutral

By the way, this actually happened.

<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 167
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:18 pm

This is *really* going to sound like a plug, but here it goes anyway. Rolling Eyes

I never got any nightmares playing maps from the original Wolfenstein or Spear Of Destiny. *However*, I clearly remember I was making ten maps worth of levels that used the "Push a wall or two to get a key" approach. Playing a *very* hard set of home-grown shareware levels with guards that were actually threatening, I was determined to make the guards just as threatening in my own levels. My new Level 8 - as I remember quite clearly - had a final sequence behind the second locked door, before the elevator. The guards were behind a set of columns on the North and South side, and there were four or five rooms-worth of this. These guys were actually *extremely* dangerous. I had one h*** of a time figuring out how to pass this sequence.

A couple of nights after playing that final sequence though, I had a nightmare where I was in a room that was completely dark. Nothing was in sight. Then a brown guard emerged from the shadows without warning, with an oversized .44 Magnum aimed straight at me, his finger starting to press the trigger of it already. I was unarmed and helpless, and screamed in terror. And that was all I remember.

I later recycled the "Extremely Dangerous Guards" sequence in Episode 6, Level 8 of my add-on "Operation: Kill BJ!", only I placed a chandelier in the middle of each room, as well as a piece of treasure in front of each of the doors you go through in the sequence.
Spiritblade-inc
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

canada.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:52 am

Ah, i've had one. It was really weird, but cool at the same time. I barely remember it now, but I do know i was BJ, and my Luftwaffe MOD was actually finished. I was wandering the 5th floor as B.J when several S.S that i haven't seen before. They weren't blue, they were dark grey with metals, decorations and they had red lines going up the side of their pants. They also had the standard Lebenstandarte S.S hats like in the original. Most carried Mp40's and Shotguns, but one had Stahl-Handgranaten - Steel hand stick grenades, or Potatoe mashers as they are called. He whipped it at me. ( Mind you they were pretty close to looking real, XD they were like 128x128 res in a 64x64 game ). Just as it hit me in the face i woke up. XD

best Regards
Erick.
JackaL
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:03 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

In some of my dreams bullets don't hurt, or when I'm falling and I hit the ground, It doesn't hurt, but once you wake up you have a wierd feeling in your legs Neutral Once I had just fallen asleep when I had a dream some bees were chasing me, since I was only half asleep I woke up instintly, I was wearing a necklace and I felt it on the back of my neck, my first reaction was. "Bee on my neck!!!" and I 'jumped' and woke up. This happens all the time, not with bees always though, I just go to sleep, start a dream, then 'jump' and wake up.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Polling Booth View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: