DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Another month without EoD.
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
The Master
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Topics: 14
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:19 pm
   Subject: Another month without EoD.
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Duke Nukem Forever, same song, second verse.
Reivax44
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 3
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 7:54 pm
   Subject: Re: Another month without EoD.
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Only difference is that EOD will be worth waiting for.

Cool

DieHard Officer

Topics: 24

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 9:51 pm

Don't worry... it'll get there... eventually. Do you really think that AReyeP and MCS would NOT release it, after everything they've put into it for the past 2 years?
Andy_Nonymous
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 99
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 2:05 am

Dude, you've been plugging "Kurt vs. the Master" for, what, 5 years now?
I bet EoD is released 3 years before KvM sees the light of day! Very Happy

Andy
Sockman
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 5:34 pm

Another month without the game. On the site it said work has slowed down, and the end phrase, "Cya's next month!
AReyeP & MCS" doesn't give too much light on a June 1st release of the game. I was a bit disapointed at the lack of meaningful screenshots this month, but I guess you have to give the guys credit. The two of them alone are making a game that takes squads of 10 to 30 people to make.

EOD shares the same preface with DNF: It will be the GREATEST GAME EVER when (and in DNF's case, if) it is released.

Pixel Master

Topics: 23
southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 7:04 pm

Thanks Ack - I knew you'd understand Smile

A few things I'd like to make plainly clear to everyone (and I think MCS would feel the same):

1. EoD will definitely be finished and released. It's virtually finished now in fact, except for final selection of music tracks, coding in sound effects etc into the right areas, updating a few paragraphs in the game manual etc.

2. MCS and I are in no hurry. We're doing this for fun remember! So we're not going to work overtime trying to finalize it or release it until we're thoroughly happy there's nothing we've missed. No good releasing something and then finding a week later that there's a key missing in a level or a coding glitch that causes the game to behave in ways we didn't want it to!

3. Hopefully we'll have it ready for beta testing within the coming weeks, but that's no promise. Sometimes I send MCS a request for something, and depending on his schedule, it may take him a week or so to get back to me. Likewise I sometimes get sidetracked with other things from time to time (such as my mother in law falling extremely ill a few days ago - thankfully though it seems she'll pull through fingers crossed). We'd like to have it in as close to finished form as possible for our beta testers. When they finally get it, we'll give them plenty of time (say a month I'm guessing) to thoroughly thrash the thing and report on anything they find. Those little things will have to be fixed, and then the final thing will be ready. All of this means of course that it won't be ready on June 1st (well, it probably will be for our beta testers). July 1st? Quite possible. August 1st? Well, if we still haven't released it by this date then something big must have cropped up in our personal lives meaning we have no spare time for Wolf Smile

4. We realize a lot of people are anticipating this to be a great Wolf mod, and are saying it will be the greatest game etc etc - that's very flattering and it's nice to know people think this way, but there will be those of you may love it, those who think it's OK, and those who just plain don't like it. It'll all depend on your personal taste. I'm guessing that if you liked SR, you should like EoD. If you hated SR, you'll probably hate EoD!

Anyway, must go! Time for a shower, then head off to the supermarket to get some stuff for the missus, then off to work! No time for EoD today Crying or Very sad

DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 57
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 9:10 pm

Welcome, The Master, to thread #999999 of the exact same topic... Smile

http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=680
http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=1655
http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=208
http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=112
http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=1140
The Master
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:11 pm

Andy_Nonymous wrote:
I bet EoD is released 3 years before KvM sees the light of day!

That's a given. Mr Green

Sockman wrote:
EOD shares the same preface with DNF: It will be the GREATEST GAME EVER when (and in DNF's case, if) it is released.

EoD will certainly be a fun play, but greatest game ever? Not even. You really need to get out more, so to speak. And DNF is nothing short of a joke now.
TheTalentedMrLeo
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 44

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:04 pm

Quote:
EoD will certainly be a fun play, but greatest game ever? Not even. You really need to get out more, so to speak. And DNF is nothing short of a joke now.

I still think that is going to be the biggest prank in computer gaming history, either that, the name fits rather ironically. Think
Reivax44
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 9:28 pm

Quote:
Everyone is anticipating that this will be the greatest mod ever.

U'm... I don't know about everyone else but from what I've seen so far of this modification (a few well chosen screen shots) I can't say that this will be even in the top ten mods for Wolfenstein 3d (making the top ten is a brilliant achievement and to say that this game is already the greatest mod ever is, quite plainly, just ludicrous).

I think this mod will be very, very good but, I also think that people have been concentrating on the release of this game just a bit too much... Why not talk about Trench Warfare, Kremyl 3d, and Silent Assault?

Pixel Master

Topics: 81
usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 1:49 pm

It does amaze me how often this thread appears in it's various different forms. What amazes me most is that most often it's initiated by someone who's actually done a mod before, and understands the time and effort it takes to make a great project. I know it's not always true, but often times, we can measure the quality of a mod by the amount of time it takes for it to be fully developed and tested (like I said, it's not always true). If that's any indicator, we should be able to expect great things from EOD when it comes out.

I don't understand what the rush is really...I'm sure it's going to be an awesome game...I won't mess around with differing opinions at this moment by saying it's going to be the greatest or greater than this or that mod, but we must keep in mind that in these cases, anticipation is half the fun. When I first discovered the Wolf community, SR had already been around for a long time, and I was wowed by how cool and fun it was, but I'd missed out on the hype that came during it's development, so it wasn't quite as exciting for me as for someone who'd been following it's progress from conception (though I did go the the very oldest of the Dome News archives, and follow it's development to the present days). But with EOD, I've had an opportunity to sit back and watch the little teasing bits here and there, and the unvieling of the cool new features as they're announced, and it's been a lot of fun imagining what it will be like to play when it comes out.

It's going to be out sooner or later...and when it is, in a couple of days most of us will have played through it more or less, and the anticipation will be gone, and the excitement we'll have built up will have dissipated, and then what? From what I can tell, MCS and AReyeP aren't planning another mod of this scope anytime soon, and this may well be the last time we can enjoy build up of this magnitude for a mod for at least a good long while (or until someone who is a master of hype comes on the scene with another mod that looks promising). I know not everyone enjoys giving in to the excitement of the waiting and the anticipation, but c'mon...isn't it just a little bit fun? Wink

I don't know what else to say that hasn't been said in this string and in all of it's kind that have gone before. I would just like to say to Steve and MCS that I'm behind taking as long as you need to. And I too have felt the pain of little or no time to devote to Wolfenstein. Lack of time almost caused me to bail from the community for an indefinite amount of time because of despair that I'd never have time to contribute, but I made it through and produced some of my best stuff after that period. I'm confident that one way or the other, be it in small bits or rare larger chunks, MCS and Steve WILL find the time to finish this game at their own convenience, and it's going to be every bit as good as we hope it will be. Just remember...anything worth having in life is worth waiting for, and I believe that EOD is definitely an example of this. Cheesy Grin

DieHard Officer

Topics: 19

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:20 pm

Sockman wrote:

Well, if D3 (Doom 3) ends up to be crappy as the Alpha testers have said, then DNF could end up the same. I know, two different companies but look. D3 will support crappy systems, so lots should be bought. DNF might require a powerhouse system (Like they said HL2 needed a new ATI R9000 series card but it doesn't need one). Little buyers. Lots of Disappointments. SO EoD might end up as something that is actually being converted into a Windows-Direct3d/OpenGL game. SO AReyep and MCS would kick id software's and 3D Realms a**es and then id and 3D Realms will try to higher MCS and Areyep but will fight each other first in CS, then in Q3, then DN3D, then in Halo, then they will go into the middle of the ocean and start to do a fist fight but then they will have shotguns to blast their heads off.....

You get it or not, whatever. Had to get that off my chest. (And in the end Microsoft comes and buys id and 3d Realms.)
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

Topics: 81
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:24 pm

Er...I don't think ID software is going to be hiring anybody to do games with the Wolfenstein engine anytime soon...no offense to Steve or MCS. If they did want to make a proper sequel at this point in time, I'll be they'd have a hard time coming up with a good storyline that hadn't been used in some TC already...though I doubt that would stop them from using it since theirs would be "official"... Cool

DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:34 pm

You did not read it properly, Majik.

"SO EoD might end up as something that is actually being converted into a Windows-Direct3d/OpenGL game"

I meant that they are making a new ultra-Wolf engine.
Reivax44
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 5:08 am

@ ZuljinRaynor

How can you even suggest that Doom 3 will be crappy? My god man! Do you know how long that has been in production? Not to mention the quality of every id software game ever released... Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake. Wake Up! Doom 3 will be awesome (I have a feeling though, that you may need a new ATI X800 or, preferably, a GeForce 6800).

And as for hiring Steve and MC'S? I have no idea as to what their ambitions may be so, it is possible that they may be recruited by id software... but not to make a Wolfenstein 3d TC!

id software are working on Quake 4 now. I'm not sure really whether they are planning another sequal for Wolfenstein. With what happened to Enemy Territory, I would say no.

DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:17 pm

Reivax44 wrote:
@ ZuljinRaynor

How can you even suggest that Doom 3 will be crappy? My god man! Do you know how long that has been in production? Not to mention the quality of every id software game ever released... Doom, Wolfenstein, Quake. Wake Up! Doom 3 will be awesome (I have a feeling though, that you may need a new ATI X800 or, preferably, a GeForce 6800).

Okay, I hope D3 will no be crappy but that is what the Alpha testers said about the Alpha. Short. Not realistic. Pistol all the way. Too little fights. Too easy.

The Alpha people's words, not mine.

Reivax44 wrote:
And as for hiring Steve and MC'S? I have no idea as to what their ambitions may be so, it is possible that they may be recruited by id software... but not to make a Wolfenstein 3d TC!

The thing was a joke. And I said that Areyep & MCS were making it a OpenGL/Direct3D game out of EoD.

Reivax44 wrote:
id software are working on Quake 4 now. I'm not sure really whether they are planning another sequal for Wolfenstein. With what happened to Enemy Territory, I would say no.

They still have to finish D3. It is not even in the Beta stages yet.

About the vidwo cards, check this out http://www.doom3portal.com/info/systemreq.php . Hmm?

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:38 pm

ZuljinRaynor wrote:
SO EoD might end up as something that is actually being converted into a Windows-Direct3d/OpenGL game"

I meant that they are making a new ultra-Wolf engine.

No, EoD is still same as original Wolfenstein 3d does.. For Direct3d/Open GL, there is website who did the Open GL for Wolfenstein 3D called NewWolf, So take a look at NewWolf site

@All: Please stop abuse on EOD and let them finish their project, so they will be pleased to release this project to pubic... they DON'T want to make any mistakes on that project and wants this EOD to be error-free

1,000+ repeats same thing about EOD is getting OLD news and make them Sick of this... Rolling Eyes 2
ZuljinRaynor
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 2:38 pm

IT WAS A JOKE!!!

Do you people know jokes! The first post I mad on this thread was a joke!!! I even said that!!

Plus, I can wait forver for EoD. Just life for Duke Nukem Forever.
The Master
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:17 pm

DOOM 3 will kick ass, I don't care what the testers say. I played the leaked alpha and practically crapped my pants, and that was just a few rooms, a few guns, and a few demons.

Just look at the screenshots and in-game videos. How can that not kick ass?

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 5:54 pm

Another month without The Master's and Zach's kick-ass site.
Another month without Kurt vs. The Master.
Another month without...ehm...insert here.
Laughing

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:20 pm

Parafriction wrote:
Laughing

I was think about another TC which it been wait for more 2 years. quess what I point it out... Laughing

Arrow Down look below Arrow Down

It is R.O.M. that's your project.. Cheesy Grin Mr Green Cheesy Grin Laughing
TheTalentedMrLeo
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 44

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:03 pm

Parafriction wrote:

Revival of Memories of course! Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:54 pm

Shut up Razz
AReyeP
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

Topics: 23
southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:52 am

Don't worry, it was obvious to me it was a joke Laughing

If Wolf modders such as myself think we're in the same league as professional game companies then we are seriously deluding ourselves! Id software would look at EoD (or any Wolf mod for that matter) as insignificant. As for being hired for a job - I wish! But there are millions of people around the world that can use Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop, so I'd be competing with a lot of people Smile Serious artists have true artistic flair (something I don't have - I have a vivid imagination I guess so perhaps that helps cover my inadequacies) and are familiar with advanced graphics programs & equipment. Plus there are modders out there making skins for 3D models, and making TC's for games that make the Wolf scene look amateurish. But, for me, modding Wolf is fun, and let's face it, it was a game that, despite it's classic status, never received any serious modding attention until the past 4 years or so. It's great to inject some life into a game so many people have fond memories of!

As for iD software, I guess the only way they'd show any interest is if they thought they could milk the Wolf modding scene for some money eg: Wolf 3D still isn't freeware, so if they thought they could release a Wolf 3D game collection including SOD and a selection of the best mods, they may consider it, but I'd doubt it, as I couldn't see it generating enough return for them to justify it.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:43 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

So we gotta wait a little bit longer,so what? What's a couple more weeks without EOD? I'll tell you,it's not the end of the world so just be patient.And I'm sure it's easier for you guys to be patient because I'm impatient.

Thunderstorm Joshua Waight Thunderstorm
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: