DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

TLM - Tell me something..
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Martin
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 8
poland.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 5:52 am
   Subject: TLM - Tell me something..
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask what all of you guys actually think about The Last Mission. I mean, it would be good to hear the comments of the people who voted "Cool or Not Cool" at the Top Ten Charts for the set. One of the biggest pros, or cons of the charts is that you can't comment why do you choose to vote cool or not. I see that TLM has 18 "non-cools" and I'm pretty interested what do you guys found bad in TLM. Please tell me, I wish to improve my level design skills and, by the way, hear some comments. It would be good if the people who liked the set say something about it too. For those of you who haven't played it yet - http://sonyx.eu.org/mk/tlm

The reason that I haven't created this kind of topic before is that I wanted all of you play it, see if you like it, and then comment it - not freshly after finishing the game, but a bit later - when you see all pros and cons of the set. When you stop to be impressed, but when you start to see more and more better, or worse things.

And by the way, for those of you who were wondering where I've been - Real Life(tm) got me. School and stuff. I also participated a bit more in other forums, anyways, I'm back now. Maybe I won't post as often as I did before, but I'll still be here.

Aye,
Martin

<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 25
argentina.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 9:31 am
   Subject: Re: TLM - Tell me something..
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Amidst all the titles which compose the extensive catalogue of 10-map sets for the shareware version of Wolf, I find yours to be particularly pretty good. I won't say it is the f***in' very greatest one I've ever put my hands on, but it is definitely, and sincerely, within my personal top ten.

I don't particularly remember what I disliked about your maps, though. Overall, and as I said, I found them of a very high standard, and some scenes kind of reminded me of Id's original maps, even. Right now there is something that does come to my mind, just in case you're interested... There were parts that seemed a little poorly decorated to me, and some others where the combination of objects didn't look right. To name an example, you had rooms with floor lamps on both sides of a door, and a ceiling light as well pretty near that. That is just an example, and it'd not be fair to condemn all your effort simply because of that little thing. There were other issues I didn't particularly feel comfortable with, but I'd remember them if they were really important.

In my humble opinion, someone who wanted to play a good set of maps without escaping too far from the original atmosphere should take 'The Last Mission' into account. I would never give it a 'Not'.

Ariel.

Pixel Master

Topics: 81
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:10 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I wouldn't lose any sleep over the polls, Martin...while in some respects, they do reflect real opinions, the results are dictated by human opinion, and oftentimes, emotion. If someone doesn't like you, or likes someone else better, or even for the sake of raising the rating of another mod, they might very easily pan your mod without thinking anything of it. It's sad, but it's true...and there's really no way around it. Don't get me wrong...I think the polls are a useful tool, and a nice reference for what's "hot" and what's "not", but they definitely aren't gospel, and they don't tell everything. I think the reviews spoken in this thread would be your best indicators...ack and Ariel definitely know what they are talking about, and have both put out numerous excellent sets, which gives them room to voice their opinions in this matter honestly. I haven't played your set yet, but just based on the reviews here, I think I just might give it a try... Smile

DieHard SS

Topics: 8
uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 1:05 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I have to say I do like your map style a lot, Martin; yours were my faves in the MMMM too, for some strange reason... Though I've begun to love Chris's a lot too... TLM feels quite like the original levels, as Ariel already said, and IMO this is a officially a Good Thing. I look forward to playing any other sets you might release in the future. Especially Kreml 3d. Razz

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: