DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Just wanted to say Great Job @ Btank & MCS...
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Wolfenstein 3d View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
HorrorBiz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:28 pm
   Subject: Just wanted to say Great Job @ Btank & MCS...
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone here will remember me at all or not, since I haven't posted anything to the Wolfenstein community in over three years (things were so different then!). I left in around 2000, 2001 or so because I got sick of all the flaming and childish crap that went on there.

My name is Ian Franken and I used to be a moderator at the old DHW club at Yahoo.com. DHW was the last outpost of Wolfenstein it seemed! I do regret leaving, especially since I never finished any projects that I was trying to get off the ground (heh, MCS gave me hell over those!).

It seems some things have calmed down over the course of my abscence. It looks like people are learning to work together in the Wolf community (something I always wanted to see happen and tried to get people to do many times). This is GOOD! Keep it up!

Now to MCS, Btank AND AreyeP...

Great job on keeping this alive, guys. I would have thought EVERYTHING would have crumbled after a few months, but DHW is still going strong...Hell, stronger than it ever did from the looks of things! Congrats, and I'm looking forward to all you guys' new add-ons Wink

I'm sorry for leaving, but as I explained above I was so sick of all this fighting over a GAME. It wasn't fun anymore, and wasn't that the point in the first place? Nothing I could do would stop it, and after five years of it I was very sick of it. Don't let anyone ruin what you guys have here (many have tried). We all have better things to fight over!

If I can find time to spare (hard anymore), I'll try to come back here more often. I still love this game and I don't want to see it die! If I can contribute somehow, I'll do it Smile

Great job to all, keep the Wolf Spirit Alive (as we always used to say, hehe!)

-Ian
Mikey X
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 1
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:45 pm
   Subject: Re: Just wanted to say Great Job @ Btank & MCS...
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Welcome Ian, yes Brothertank, MCS and Areyep are doing a great job for keeping the Wolfenstein spirit alive but you also forgot Mr. Lowe for keeping updates on the news and to see which mods and add-ons are downloadable and other stuff.
Spiritblade-inc
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 30
canada.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:58 pm

Well, Holy crap, I remember you. lol It's been along time since I've seen in the forum, So welcome back to the community, and have a good day.

Best Regards
Erick
TheTalentedMrLeo
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 35
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:25 pm

There's a familiar voice I haven't heard in ages. Nice to hear from you again man!

-Leo
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:49 pm
   Subject: The Memory Foundation tells us a whole different story...

Who's Ian Franken? Never heard of that guy. Smile

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wolfenstein3dfanclub/message/3140

Ah, we all know that the real reason you left was because of all those desperate women fans that wouldn't leave you alone; right? Hope the ones that you've managed to capture have been keeping you satisfied for the last 2 years Ian. Wink
Schabbs
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 33
uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:03 am

Good to hear from you again Ian.

Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

Topics: 1

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:40 pm

Hmm, I never saw you before, well... Welcome! Wink
Raistlin
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 24

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:41 pm

Also, I think we need a special thanks to me for
never releasing gotterdammerung, Joel Madden for having absolutely no
impact on wolfenstein 3d whatsoever, and John lennon for getting
shot (Zach- Laughing Laughing)

actually, no, I think I owe a LOT to Brothertank and mcs for giving
me some of the most enjoyable times ever by keeping wolfenstein
alive, and ALL the guys at the wolfenstein 3d dome, without whom
I would have absolutely NO IDEA ABOUT ANYTHING GOING ON
IN WOLF3D!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:48 pm

Wow! Nice to be welcomed back so warmly to the Wolf3D community Smile It's great to see so many new faces as well as old reliable ones (eg., Chris, Leo, Mr. Lowe). I didn't expect many people to remember me but hell, I'm glad some of you did Smile

Oh to Mikey-X...Of course I respect Mr. Lowe for his commitment to Wolf3D. Before I came to this community (I joined around 1998 I think), Mr. Lowe had already been supplying information and downloads related to Wolf3D for years. We all owe him for informing people about our add-ons / TCs / Websites / etc.

I'd love to get back to editing Wolf3D, but it's extremely time consuming. I don't know what I'll be able to get done, so no promises. Actually...And I wasn't going to say this...I did download Mapedit again and I have been working on some ideas for a new set of levels for Spear of Destiny, but I'm not sure where this will go. I'll keep you all posted on the progress if there is any Smile It's hard getting back into the swing of things. I'm also thinking about downloading TC 3.1 again, so if anyone could point me to a site which hosts it your help would be greatly appreciated. Heh, kinda funny, but I have an actual copy of Borland Turbo C++ 3.0 still wrapped in plastic in the original box. I found it while going through some old PC parts and I almost tossed it out...Except it reminded me of those days trying to get TC 3.0 to compile the stupid Wolfenstein source code Smile I couldn't get rid of it...I'm thinking of hanging it on my wall Wink Wink Wink

I haven't checked out this board's source code section (there's a section for everything!), but I expect it'll be quite helpful to me because I have to relearn how to hack Wolf3D again Razz I never thought it but I actually forgot how to compile the Wolfenstein source code...Back to newbie status, this sucks! I still remember some simple tricks though...Changing ceiling colors, floor colors, ammo amounts, where the enemy / weapons behavior is, etc...Hopefully once I get back into it I'll be able to remember some of those snazzy tricks I was gonna implement into my older TCs.

Anyway...Thanks again for the rewelcoming and to everyone for keeping this great game alive! I'm looking forward to some exciting new developments in the Wolf / SOD code. I'll check out some links to see what's new out there in the Wolf community. Btw, what are the best sites out there now for Wolf related info? Anybody got any new pages up? I used to maintain Castle Wolfenstein, but that's defunct (Still says "Coming Soon" on the entry page...heh).

Regards,
-Ian

PS To Chris...I divorced all my 12,000,000 wives and I sent them all to you. Expect a very large box to arrive in the mail this Sunday. The cost of postage was approx. $12,000,000 US dollars (that's a buck a wife...Only a buck? Yeah, I shrunk them using my secret voodoo powers and stuck them in milk bottles. They make great party snacks, and kids love 'em too Wink ) As for all my children, they grew up fast, man. In two years they were full grown. Turns out...They all look like a cross between you and Osama Bin Laden. Weird, huh? Anyway, they've all got jobs as full time sperm donors currently, and they're working their way up to pizza delivery boys. So next time your wife is pregnant with a pizza, call in Chris and he'll deliver it for you. Cost for delivery is $13,00.99 + tip unless you have a coupon in which case it's only $7.00 + tip (cheap!). Then tell your wife not to rape any more pizzas Wink
Loki
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 3
france.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:52 am

Hi Ian and welcome.

For download TC 3.1 and the source code :

http://www.btinternet.com/~belowe/

Good instructions for compile the source :

http://www.thewolfensteincabin.cjb.net/

Hope this help.
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:38 pm

Thanks for the compliments there Ian... Long time no chat... Good to see that you are still out and about. I hope things have been going well for you during your absence... and I look forward to renewing the friendship. Chat when you have a chance sort of thing.

Greg
BrotherTank
AReyeP
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

Topics: 23
southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:42 pm

Ian! Great to hear from you again Smile Still a lot of the old faces around, but some go by different names, so there's more than you realise. But a lot of new people also, and all up we have a pretty good group. I think the new blood has helped keep the scene well & truly alive, plus having the coders in the community coming up with new ideas all the time keeps the interest going.

Anyway mate, you don't have to be making a mod or running a site or making anything "Wolfy" to warrant being around here (just your background qualifies you as a DHW anyway). Hope you hang around Smile

Ciao,
Steve

DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 27
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:35 am
   Subject: I'm still alive...I know you all missed me ;)

Heya guys!

I know, I know, I've been away AGAIN after I said I was going to try and come back more often...But you know the daily grind. I'm not trying to make excuses, but I've just been busy with everything else. I won't go into everything here...It would take up way too much space on this board! ;)

I've been trying to squeak in some Wolfenstein editing. It's tough, but yeah I'm working on it. I've recently made the move to Linux and have been running most of my old DOS apps under it (Microsoft Windows just picked the wrong damn day to crash on me...heh). I've got BC 3.1 and MapEdit running so hopefully I can get something going. Right now, I'm just focusing on levels and not worrying much about new code. But if I get adventurous, I might pop open the hood and see what I can do :)

Yeah I know...I'm slower than hell, but I AM working on the stuff. I wouldn't mind making a come back to this scene, even, God willing. It's cool to see that many of you do remember me. I even thought it was cool to see on the Wolf3D Dome that some of the tutorials had a special thanks to me and Kenny Riley. It's good to know that I was able to add at least a little something to this community after all :)

Anyway, that's my status: Busy and determined. You guys are really kickin' ass with your projects! Keep it up! I just wish we had some of this new blood in the community about four years ago :)

And so...I'll get back with you all shortly. Stay tuned, and don't write me off just yet.

-Ian Franken,
(AKA: Yet another one of Chris Chokan's slaves)
Adhesive_Boy
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 11

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:41 pm
   Subject: Re: I'm still alive...I know you all missed me ;)

Hey Ian! This is Jack Ryerson. You may or may not know me - I used to post in the DHW forum as "mrlard2000man" and attended the DHW chat pretty regularly.

Must be wolfer reunion week. In case you didn't know, BJ Rowan came back to this community as "B. Blaze" just a few days ago. Now all we need is Gary Ragland back...

Anyway, good to see you back! I remember us discussing in the DHW a couple years ago whether you died or not...so it is kind of a relief to see that you are still, uh...existing!

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:38 pm

Hi Ian! B.J. Rowan here. Welcome back to the Wolfenstein fold. It seems I left the community before you signed on, because I have to admit I don't remember your name, but then I never did frequent forums or chats all that much even when I was an active modder. Great to see some more "old talent" back in business - I wish you luck with whatever new project you decide to start. I've worked up the courage to resume mapping a bit but, like you, I'm keeping the focus on the levels and making a deliberate effort to neither rush it nor be distracted by other things, particularly code hacks. Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:20 am

Cheers Ian,

Good to see you back...Brian and I were worried about your well-being overtime... Cool

-Tristan.
IanFranken
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 3:13 pm

Hey guys, great to see that many of you have not abandoned the Wolf3D spirit :) Yeah Jack, I remember you...I scanned all through this board beforehand to see if I noticed any familiar names or "nicks", but not many stood out so I assumed that you and most everyone else from DHW in the old days must have left to go do something more interesting (rather than sit around and flame or read other people's flames on message boards which, I know, gets tiresome).

And I'm thrilled beyond belief to see Brian Rowan back in the community :) Hey man...You were always my personal favorite modder. Conflict In The Fatherland and Totengraeber have yet to be bested, IMHO, although some good mods have come out since then (esp. Spear Resurrection). I don't know if you remember this, Brian, but I did write you a few times about three or four years ago just to compliment the Wolf3D Bunker, and I wrote you again a few years later to see if you were still using your email account, were active in the community and if you ever were going to finish Totengraeber Phase 2. You wrote back both times and I thought that was cool of you to take the time to do so, as I knew a few people before hand that had written you and got no reply. If you don't remember me, that's cool, as I know you must have gotten a ton of mail in that period... ;) Just wondering: Any plans to bring back The Wolf3D Bunker ? I noticed a few months back the domain name was dead and the site was not to be found anywhere. Running a site is a ton of work, though, and unfortunately I don't really have the time to do so anymore myself.

I used to run a Wolf site as well called Castle Wolfenstein, but I doubt that's anywhere to be found...And besides, thanks to RTCW, there's a million sites named Castle Wolfenstein out now, so good luck ;)

And to Tristan, hey what's up ? I see you've been busy with The Dome. New design looks good. I really didn't think you'd stick around to mess with it much. No, I didn't die....Just been busying myself with a million different things and have been too burned out to return to Wolf. I'm working on levels, and if I can get out just a good, decent set of levels that would be great. I have cracked open PaintShop Pro, however, and have been messing with some new graphics on the side just to see if I can still make halfway decent graphics for Wolf3D. But I'm not going to commit to it...If I get a brainstorm and make a ton of killer graphics, that would be great. If not, I'll just do levels. But, you know me...If I did new graphics, I'd have to make a new .EXE file just to change the ceiling colors...And the song order...And maybe add some new sprites...And why not throw in seamless level progression...And oh, maybe a new boss?!...Maybe a fifth weapon?...And oh some ....You get the idea. I can't leave stuff alone and then I get swamped in work while everything else suffers. So I'm trying to kick the habit of announcing / canceling / announcing / canceling.

Anyway, just like the old days I write these monsterous posts and ramble forever ;) I just have a lot to say and fill you all in on.
Again it's great to see so many old faces, and finally the return of Brian (I agree with Jack, however, that we do need to get Gary Ragland back...another master to show the new blood how it's done ;) ). And it's also awesome to see that so many new people have come to this community with some exciting new ideas for the game. I'm particularly thrilled that there are many younger people here in their early teens that are hooked on Wolf3D...Most of the younger crowd would never look in the direction of an "old, cheesy" 16-bit PC game when I was here. Good to see open minds, for a change.

-Ian
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:17 pm

Hey Ian,

So I did talk to you before! Please accept my apologies for not remembering right away; you're right though, I did get a TON of mail back then and only rarely had a chance to answer any. Finding time for writing email is not something that comes easily to me, although I find it a bit simpler to drop by a forum, type up a quick post and hit submit, so perhaps that's why I decided to sign up on the board. Anyway, it's good to have you here again! In the paragraph you wrote to Jack in which you talked about wanting to stick to levels, but always having your efforts snowballing into more and more other changes...man, that sounds just like me. That was in large part the reason for Totengraeber's shortcomings. But thanks so much for your compliments! I am certainly very flattered.

I agree; having Gary Ragland back on the scene again would be awesome. He and Chris Chokan were my personal sages of inspiration back in the late nineties, as it was Chokage and Schabbs 2000 that really opened my eyes to the realm of new possibilities. (Plus I really liked their mapping style.)

Reopen the Bunker? Well, as I've mentioned before on one of my earlier (introductory-type) posts here on the forums, I have no plans for another Bunker -- after all, I like to think of the DieHard Wolfenstein Bunker as the modern incarnation of it, and it more than fills the shoes of my inadequate old site -- but I do have a design already worked up for a new site which would be a small offering of stuff that I'm known for, such as level design tips and the add-ons I've created. I don't plan to become another repository of code tutorials or add-ons, since there are many other sides already doing a great job of that, so I will instead focus on supplying more unique information. But since a strange Indian fellow seems to be the new owner of my old domain name, I shall not be under the same address! It wouldn't be appropriate, anyway.

Like you, I am astounded at the number of great ideas that have been volunteered around here...not only in the realm of new TCs and mods, but also new editors (WDC, ChaosEdit, IMFCreator for example) and advice on hacking the code. I think this community has made greater strides in the past couple of years (while I've been away) than the entire time I was a part of it in the nineties, although I must say that I think the advent of the legendary FloEdit in '99 was a HUGE milestone. I've recently begun playing Spear Resurrection for the first time and am truly amazed at all the stuff that was added in; it really makes it feel like a whole different game while still being a definite member of the Wolfenstein universe. It just plays differently from the original classic and there's a whole different feel there. Personally I'm not aiming to create anything on that order myself, as I'm a nostalgic old fool and still whittle away a great number of hours playing the original maps and reminiscing... Swoon... Mr Green ...so I'm sticking to levels too, with probably a few custom goodies thrown in here and there.

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me. Welcome back, and please enjoy the fruits of everyone's labor. Smile
IanFranken
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:10 am

Brian,

lol Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who suffers from that "Snowball effect" of editing. It just seems that once you're in the middle of editing a level really good, you suddenly think to yourself "Man, wouldn't it be great if the song selection were a little more up-tempo?" or something else that seems like a harmless mod...Before you know it, you're glued to the screen for 20 hours straight adding new sprites, new walls, creating new graphics, and maybe messing with recording your own demos or editing the end art. On top of that, you might find yourself online chatting with other fellow code modders, chewing over how the hell you can get that light-shading code from the MegaDemo to work in your TC...Then one of them mentions "Hey, someone once said it was impossible to have see-through walls in the Wolf3D engine, so why does Operation: Body Count have them then??"...And oh God, you're back at it sifting through the code, and you have NO idea where all this stuff is located! :) It's funny, but true.

The sad thing is is that I never did release anything. And yeah, that really burns me because I loved the good times in this community. I met a lot of friends, we all loved the same game, it was great. I came back because I missed the game and also because I wanted to give a little something back to the scene if I could. I don't know...I'm not promising much because of my lack of time, but if I could just release one new set of decent levels, that would make me pretty happy.

I know what you mean about emails. I hardly write any today. Hell, who has time ? When I do have time to myself, I'm typically enjoying a much loved little luxury of mine...My bed, getting some sleep ;) That, or maybe I'll enjoy a some other little hobby, like having a hot meal, or grabbing a beer, or maybe - ooh! Here's the big one! - Taking a shower! ;) If I barely have time for any of this, how on earth can I answer emails about coding this or that feature and still have time to work on my own projects ? So yeah, I totally understand your reasons for leaving. Hopefully, though, you won't get too swamped with email this time around ;)

And again, I agree with you about the many advancements this community has made. Heh, I remember three years ago, it was a big deal when someone was finally able to compile and build a working executable for Spear of Destiny...A question that I couldn't even figure out (just called for uncommenting and commenting out a few lines in a few key places). Now look at this...I haven't looked over a lot of the new TCs and such, but man oh man...Floor and ceiling textures in a TC ??!! I never thought I'd see the day.

Anyway, huge post as always, but I'm a motormouth on this boards ;) Hopefully I'll catch you later...

-Ian
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 6:19 am

Oh yes, I can see you and I certainly think alike. I got bogged down with so many code nice-to-haves in PT that I practically let the levels go by the wayside. Ugh. Yeah, back then compiling a SOD executable was a complete unknown! But it's old hat now. As is light shading, floor & ceiling textures, transparent walls, and lots of other stuff -- there are some fantastic tutorials all over the net, particularly by Ripper and MCS that allowed me to implement some of the above stuff in just minutes (just on principle, mind you; afterwards I archived the completed code and put it away because I don't plan to use it).

I hear ya about emails. Compared to regular mail they take no time at all, but it's still more time than I usually have. Very Happy Between my family, my day job and my side jobs, I'd prefer to spend what little time I have working on actual levels or nothing will ever get done! LOL...but I'm going to try to answer every email I might get, even if all I can send back is a sentence or two. But I haven't been inundated with emails lately; any code hacks I used to be considered an authority on are now public domain, so that's a relief. Smile

So you never actually released a Wolf mod? It's awesome you're giving it a shot. I'd like to see some levels that you would make. I particularly love simple, level-focused modifications because they're easy to load up and play, and it gives me the ability to really absorb the level design without being distracted by new features. Be sure to post here if you release something, I'd like to see it. My advice is to start small -- plan on a goal of maybe one episode or somesuch. Otherwise you'll feel overwhelmed and might give up (or worse, rush the design).
IanFranken
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:46 am

Hey Brian...Sorry it was a while before I replied. Topics definitely move fast on here, so it really doesn't help matters much I guess :) Just thought I'd inform you a little on my level design strategies. Yeah, I'm trying to achieve a certain balance between the "oldschhol" original Wolf3D / SoD levels and something new and fresh. I like levels that remind me of a corressponding level in Wolf3D / SoD but also throw something new and unexpected in my face, kinda like how Schabbs 2000 was when you first played it...I remembered it being very reminiscent of the original levels and atmosphere, but very original and unique.

Now if there's one thing I remember about Wolf3D it's definitely the action! I mean, c'mon...Surrounded by two SS guards, five SA troopers, three dogs and about three Officers, and you're armed only with a knife. Who doesn't remember their chest beating around that point ?! ;) Wolfenstein was so full of action it made your head spin. I really, really always wanted to capture that in my level design. I showed my levels to only a handfull of beta-testers of my previous TC that never went anywhere, and most of them really said they were good. Still, it's up to the artist to be his harshest critic....Being in a punk-rock band has taught me that much :) And if you yourself are not happy with the design, well, what does it matter ?

Actually, I've started on modding levels for Spear of Destiny. To me, it seems right - Fewer levels, more graphics to play with (without having to modify any old ones), etc. So here I am, messing with some new levels...I've got about three done. Not much, but I'm getting the hang of it. I'm pretty happy so far just getting the hang of it. I guess I should start posting more in the SoD section of this forum, eh ? ;) Well, who knows....If this set turns out ok, maybe I will do a full blown all-out TC. I still have a lot of ideas that I haven't seen in a TC yet for Wolf3D, and the funny thing is is that I had most of them figured out, implemented, but never released. I think I swore MCS to secrecy a few times back then ;) I wish I had my old source code lying around now, but alas...All that disolved on my last HD melt down.

I agree with the feel of Wolfenstein...Yet I can't identify what makes it so damn good. I dunno...The graphics aren't great by today's standards, the engine is very, very basic, the sound is primitive and the music is kinda cheesy today. Still....don't ya just get into it whenever you see "GET PSYCHED!" pop up on your screen ? ;)

Anyway - and I know you've caught it by now - I've rambled again. But, eh, people always gave me a bad time about that back then, so I guess you're probably used to it by now ;) Gimme any subject and I'll find something to talk about :) Anyway, sorry again for the lag in replying and hope to catch ya soon again.

-Ian

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:27 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

IanFranken wrote:
And to Tristan, hey what's up ? I see you've been busy with The Dome. New design looks good. I really didn't think you'd stick around to mess with it much. No, I didn't die....Just been busying myself with a million different things and have been too burned out to return to Wolf.

Hey Ian! Cool

Well, life's been pretty decent to me in the past few years...Grown up, became more interested in the webdesign side of things - resulting in an increase in free-lance webdesign work lately - and making music (industrial hardcore - pounding beats etc.) on my computer with Fruityloops led to a few tracks being pressed on vinyl and getting signed up with a respected music label in Holland. Ofcourse this, combined with my normal duties in life - school and working in a supermarket tends to take up two-thirds of the time available to me in this life - has led to putting Wolfenstein a little low on the burner; there's simply no time left to be in full-bore Wolfy-playmode. But, rest assured, the spirit is still inside me, for both the game itself as the aspects interconnected with it - World War Two, Germany, the Third Reich, Hitler - still have it all in my interests area.

Thanks for the kind words for the Dome, I really appreciate it. Yet, in hindsight, it's design is not what I wished it to be, but I guess that's a psychological tic I personally have; Design matters have always plagued me and the visitors of the Dome, for I kept rambling on about redesigning the damn thing, even hours after I had uploaded a new version. As you can tell, I'm currently leaving it alone a little - just as one leaves a baby resting in his room to regain the strength of the troubles and opening the mind for new impulsive ideas that may or may not assist in devising a new "bigger, bolder, rougher, tougher"-esque design, where functionality and visual appeal are in harmony with each other. Perhaps, one day, when I have way too much time on my hands - one never knows when that day will arise, lol - I'll go back in there and take a look at what can be done... but as of now, I can foresee that such an act won't be within the near future. Put simply - the burnout you experienced has taken its toll on me too; the weather in my mind is not always as cloudless as I wish it would've been...but we'll manage, nevertheless. Wink

Anyways, I'll stop rambling now - I've got a webdesign to-do-list of such a length that it makes me feel a certain nausea by even looking at it. I wish you the best from Holland.

Cheers,

Tristan
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Wolfenstein 3d View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: