DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

My Wolf3D/SOD remix project - previews!
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Audio Adventures View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:58 pm
   Subject: My Wolf3D/SOD remix project - previews!
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Hey all,

As I've mentioned here (around 3 months ago...), I've been working on a remixing project with the goal of making quality, "modern-sounding" versions of more or less the entire Wolf3D/SOD soundtrack.

I'm sure everyone has been holding their breaths ( Wink ), so here are two of the final versions for you to listen, enjoy and/or critique:

'P.O.W.' - 1.49mb MP3 (Wolf3D - E1M3, and more)
'Jazzin' Them Nazis' - 1.76mb MP3 (SOD - floor 19)

I know they are short, but keep in mind that effectively they are the same lengths as the game tunes - they're meant to be played looped (actually, I kinda hope that some day one of the modern ports of Wolf will be able to incorporate them into the game... heheh.)

In addition to the two above, I've completed two others as well, but I wouln't want to reveal just *everything* yet Wink

Anyway.. your comments would be appreciated.
KyleRTCW
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 45
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:12 pm
   Subject: Re: My Wolf3D/SOD remix project - previews!
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Wow, pretty good, I really like the Jazzin Nazis. It's wayyy better than the original one. Thumbs Up

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 5:28 pm

KyleRTCW wrote:
Wow, pretty good, I really like the Jazzin Nazis. It's wayyy better than the original one. Thumbs Up

Thanks - I suppose my guitar lessons did pay off then Wink
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:53 pm

MountainGoat, you are incredible. Those remixes were BOTH fantastic. I like how you interpreted the swelling of background sound in P.O.W...and Jazzin' Them Nazis was, like, groo-vay! KEEP IT UP! I want to hear my other faves too! Very Happy
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:18 pm

Aha, I was wondering when/if you would come back MountainGoat. I was surprised to see how early it's been since you first announced your remixing project, but then I saw that this was just a 2-song "tease" thread - lol.

I liked the background atmosphere (although somewhat repetative) and the ticking of the clock (which smoothly alternates through both ears) on POW. The live guitar feel of Jazzin them Nazis was also nicely done, and makes for an funky upbeat interpretation. Would have been cool to see these songs expanded even more (in length and originally), as I'm used to watching 30 second songs turned into 4 minutes or more on ocremix.org - and since you called them remixes instead of covers; but they're definately awesome, and it's always great to see some new interpretations of wolf3d songs. Wink

Here's a few little wolf3d experiments I've done too, if you were at all curious. Most of the stuff I've been doing lately is for console game contests, but I really should get back into this. Remixing wolf3d music is alot of fun! Anyways, good luck with your project. I'll be anxiously awaiting to hear the final results of your soundtrack of memorable Prince songs man. Mr Green

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:59 am

Hey- I know I'm late, but thanks for the comments!

Chris - you're probably right about expanding the songs in length and being a bit more "free" with the interpretation. However, I probably won't be able to go "all the way" with this... the main reasons being that this project has a similar aim to the various DOOM remix projects I've seen around the web - i.e., to provide a soundtrack to the game itself, something that could perhaps be used by a future engine port; so the atmosphere has to be somewhat similar to the original tunes... also, since the goal is to remix each and every tune, I probably won't be able to expand every single one of them to 8 times its original length, hahah.

However, I've taken your comments into consideration - some of the next tunes I'm working on have a bit more room for expansion and originality... (I've extended one of them to around 3 minutes.) Cool

By the way, your own "experiments" are cool - especially 'The SS Gonna Get You', I liked the "electro" touch on that one. The melody seems to be a bit different too, which is a nice creative touch.

Anyway - more samples to follow soon, I hope. By the way - do any of you know of other places where I could get feedback on these samples (more Wolf3D-related forums, or something about game music in general)? It's always good to hear more opinions, and I'm afraid this is the only relevant place I know of that is somewhat active... Wink
KyleRTCW
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 45
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:49 am

This board is the only wolf 3d board with "Everybody" in it. Most all the other wolf boards already have their members here, (me, jamez etc.)

@ Chris, nice expirements Wink , I like the lurking one, as that's one of my favorite wolf tunes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:08 pm

Wow, I just listened to Chris' modernized remix of The SS Gonna Get You and I absolutely ADORE it. Chris, you wouldn't happen to have an extended intrumental mix of that one, would you? Cheesy Grin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:48 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Can someone please upload these two mp3s somewhere temporarily?

Thank YOU!
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Audio Adventures View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: