DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Wolfenstein Coalition
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:40 pm
   Subject: Wolfenstein Coalition
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Very Happy Hello Wolf3d fans! I've been playing this game since I was a little kid. It has always had an emotional attatchment for me. I found that are family is going through hard time financially, so I am unable to buy the full version. However, upon searching the internet for Wolf3D people like me, I was extremely surprised to find a fairly large community.

I will be a regular around here, but I want to announce one of my projects in this forum.
For a long time me and my friends have made certain pieces of information for free to the public. And seeing how pretty much every addon is free, i would like to form a coalition of Wolfenstein Editors!

The Project: Using a group of dedicated, loyal, openminded and talented Wolf 3D Editors, make an very largely distributed addon to Wolf3D. This addon would be 6 episodes and probably around 7-12 levels each episode. I have a couple main ideas that I would like to share with the coalitition once it has formed. I will obviously still be open to others idea's. New Guns, New Graphics, New Levels, New Enemy, New Enemy Boss's, and any other creative idea's. (I've seen a lot of good effects on many addon's that i have played.)

What's stopping me from doing this completely by myself? 3 reasons...
1. I am currently working on many different business deals
2. I have a lack of experience at editing
3. The more people i'm working with, the happier.

I feel the coalitions goal should be to: "Make an addon (independant sequal) so unique, challenging and fun, that every single Wolf 3d enthusiest should carry, and even attract new members."

So if there is any editor, graphics maker, sound person, etc... that would like to help, Please email me at guitardavar@netscape.net OR Instant Message me OR reply right here in this thread.

Don't worry about distrabution. I'm a master at that sort of thing.
sentenced
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 5
sao_tome.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:19 am
   Subject: Re: Wolfenstein Coalition
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Welcome aboard! Glad to hear you'll stay here a while.

This project sounds ambitious, so much so that I am interested in collaborating with you. I am currently working on my own addon Nuclear Assassination, but I am sure I'll have the time to help you with this project. I design maps.

Bear in mind that you will need to hire a source code editor, as this wasn't mentioned in your post. You will need one to allow the game to have less/more than ten levels per episode and to implement loads of cool features (textured floors/ceilings, shading etc). This shouldn't present a problem, since we have a shedload of talented coders on this forum whom I am sure will be glad to help out.

However, you did mention that you own only the shareware version of the game. This will mean that one of the people helping you will have to model the addon using their registered copy. Providing a copy to you would be illegal.

I hope this works out for you - I'm looking forward to mapping out some great levels...

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:53 am

AlexanderDavar wrote:
I will obviously still be open to others idea's.

What about an addon about pizza? Surely, Nazis have to eat something; and Italy isn't too far from Germany. They could have a little bridge or something on a level, where you can walk off the map into the land of Spegetti and crazily loud people that try to hug everyone (Italians). Of course, as the hero, you would want to eat some pizza too; but that wouldn't be possible unless you grab the "evolving wisdom teeth factor replacer of Destiny" by using tedlevel 17 (since the game bombs when it displays the kill ratio). Then, the goal would be to strike up a deal with the Italians, convincing them that the universe is made out of scramble eggs (from a buffalo, of course), so that they would run around like giddily school girls (military school! there's no regular school in June, duh!) looking for bottles of ketchup while you take over their store and bring all your allied friends in (which are really just buddies you watch football with, as the real allies are used so used to eating ration packs that it would be like going from Christianity to a Johova Witness), while the victims walk off the "T_Player: Actor hit a path at 65,13" error (which is really just to decieve you into thinking there is no Santa Claus), you could steal the socks from the nazis and jump out of the Wolf3d folder to grab the Computer from Corridor 7 so you could jump back into the Alpha version, where you can make use of the RPG elements into the force field at Level 8, which with anti-invisable paint enables you to fall backwards into the internet cable, and go online and post a message on DHW about how they should make an addon about pizza; where *Data Buffer Overflowed - ABNORMAL PROGRAM TERMINATION!*.

About your 3 reasons for looking for contributors:

1. So what? How long the game takes to make shouldn't matter.
2. People know how to edit because they had an ambition to learn about it
3. It's fun to work as a team and/or ask people for help, but it would be wise to narrow it down to people who have similar visions as yours, so their hard work doesn't get ignored (should they decide to contribute)

On a sidenote, why did you post two links on Artist Archive to this thread? You can use the X button on the top right of your post to delete atleast one of them; and the edit button to explain why people should feel required to click on it Alex. Spamming isn't fun, wouldn't you agree? Anyways, welcome to the forums! Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:16 pm

lol. Chris chill. You seem a little on the offense at me. But it's all good. I guess I hit the submit button twice and I will delete one of them as soon as I finish this post.

As regards to your idea about pizza.... it's interesting. Smile Defintelly shows the power of variation that wolfenstein has enabled. I don't know where you got the idea that I'm narrow minded as regards to idea's for this project, because I only have 2 idea's that have potential. I work with many people and I have learned quickly that others input can add significantly to the group. So i'm not saying that I would cast out other idea's because their not mine. I love hearing other idea's and i love inegrating them. As it go's for "About your 3 reasons for looking for contributors:

1. So what? How long the game takes to make shouldn't matter.
2. People know how to edit because they had an ambition to learn about it."

My problem that I have had for a long time is I have too many passions for my own good. Guitar, Teaching Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, BreakDancing, Writing Books, Writing Poems and Songs, producing other artists albums, creating techno, singing in a church choir, running my t-shirt company and skateboard company, helping a close friend getting his inventions off the ground, and being a webmaster to 3 websites.

Those take up a bit of my time Smile So I am recognizing that I need help to make this, and as it go's with learning how to create addons, I am currently working on one. (Up to my 6th level right now). I like working with people and I want to create something memorable. That is simply it

---------------------------------

"This will mean that one of the people helping you will have to model the addon using their registered copy. Providing a copy to you would be illegal. "

Hmm, didnt think about this. Well at this point, I would have to buy the full version at amazon. Just got some money so I will buy a copy ASAP. But I want to worry about getting a team together first.
Thanks for your support Razz Razz Very Happy
Codetech84
Code Master
Code Master

Topics: 22
finland.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:07 am

The coalition isn't such a great idea, no offense.

Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 54
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:26 pm

Besides the idea of merging a large group of dedicated editors has already been taken by the DHWTC.
(Incoming shameless plug)

If you are interested go here:

groups.yahoo.com/group/dhwtc

We are always looking for new members to help with the mod.

Pixel Master

Topics: 80
usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:12 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I'm just surprised it hasn't been done more often in the past...a lot of the big talents seem to get along pretty well most of the time, and share their talents and materials...most of the time, though, it results in a couple of the more recognizeable folks pairing together to put out a project, rather than a full team of them. I recently ran across the old "Tribute to the Mutant Maker" mod, though, and was surprised by how many folks got together on that one. I think the DHW TC will definitely be the latest and greatest coming together of the current community of Wolfers. That's not to say there won't be room for another down the road, but most of them will probably need a break for a while after DHW TC comes out...not that most modders ever rest for long...Very Happy

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: