DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Corridor 7 and Operation Body Count: Abandonware ?
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Other Wolf3d Based Games View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
IanFranken
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 27
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:00 am
   Subject: Corridor 7 and Operation Body Count: Abandonware ?
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Hey guys...

I was browsing through some web sites about a week ago looking for information on old FPS games. I was curious to see which ones were still available and which ones were no longer being sold (after which they become what we call "abandonware"). Naturally, due to the age of many of these games, it was tough finding good information on a lot of them. In particular, I wasn't able to find much on Corridor 7 or Operation Body Count, and what I did find has led me to believe that those two games are officially abandonware at this point.

Am I right ? Are these two games still being sold by another company that was affiliated with Capstone or distributed C7 or BC at some point and time ? If so, what company is publishing them and when did they start carrying them ?

Even though "warez" are not appreciated on this board, I will admit that I - *ahem!* - "obtained" these two games recently. I'm pretty surprised just how good they really are, both of them. I'd played a bit of C7 before, but I didn't really appreciate it. The game still has some things about it I don't like, but it does have great atmosphere.

I had never played the registered Operation Body Count before. I'd played the shareware version and I thought it sucked bad... But hell, playing the full version, I really don't think it's *that* bad. A little rough on some of the graphics, but about 80% of them are good considering the engine and color palette involved. It's a fun mindless shoot-'em-up time-waster with some cool weapons , cool engine mods and a pretty good dark, gloomy atmosphere. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I just don't think it deserves its awful reputation. Then again, I still haven't played the whole game...Maybe all the horrible stuff is at the end! ;)

Anyway, just some questions and comments. I was just a little curious if either one of these games were still officially being sold, really, and I ended up tossing in my game reviews :)

-Ian
Frenkel
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 7
netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:37 am
   Subject: Re: Corridor 7 and Operation Body Count: Abandonware ?
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

IanFranken wrote:
I wasn't able to find much on Corridor 7

Have you looked here?

I think this is the official website of Corridor 7 and Operation: Body Count (more or less).

DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 27
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:37 am

Thanks, Frenkel, for the links. Yes, I had visited Mishran's website before (Truly the best...Hell, the ONLY...site for C7 related stuff), but thanks for mentioning it nonetheless. I hadn't run across AWE Games' official site, oddly. Still, the Amazon links for "buying" C7 and Body Count didn't work... Weird. Perhaps they're outdated, or I have a wonky computer (probably) ;)

I'm also curious about a few other games... I think Id was still selling Hovertank 3-D a few years ago, but I can't find much about that game either. So, what gives ? Is Hovertank officially abandonware or is it still being sold ? Also, what about Catacombs 3-D ? I remember I loved that game growing up almost as much as Wolf3D. Yet, I can't find out who's selling it now or if it's still available.

Really, I'm more or less just curious about the status of these games and there's no real rush on "I-got-to-know-now". It'd be cool to find out some history on a some of the old classics that didn't get as much recognition as Wolf3D or Spear.

Oh, BTW, Frenkel...I checked out your S&F Prod site...Looks cool! I love classic gaming. I just wish it was easier to find some more info on my favorite older titles :-(

-Ian
Frenkel
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:10 am

Hovertank 3d and all the Catacomb games except the first one can be bought from http://www.downloadstore.com

Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 5
blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:45 pm

IanFranken wrote:
Yes, I had visited Mishran's website before (Truly the best...Hell, the ONLY...site for C7 related stuff), but thanks for mentioning it nonetheless.

I'm only doing my job as a Corridor 7 fan. Cheesy Grin But thanks for the compliment anyway. Also, thanks to you Frenkel for the free advertising. Wink Guess I can cancel those TV ads afterall... Razz

Check out my Corridor 8 Overview
Frenkel
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:29 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I just want your site to be a success. I think a lot of classic games deserve a site like yours. That's why everytime someone mentions Corridor 7 I give him a link to your site. I'm even going to put a link to your site on my site.

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Other Wolf3d Based Games View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: