DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Operation Wirbelsturm plan #2
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Tale Tellers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:13 am
   Subject: Operation Wirbelsturm plan #2
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Thanks for the Info Vman. I will take it into consideration when I create my #2 outline

Story: November 1944. World War II is at it's height. BJ Blazkowitz, A top allied spy, Has Possibly turned the tides of the war on countless occasions due to his recovery of important Nazi Top Secret Documents throughout the war. Since BJ's last outing however, Top Nazi scientists have been working on a top secret project near the Baltic Sea called Operation Wirbelsturm.
Operation wirbelsturm involves the construction of a Nuclear weapon, possibly an atombomb. Die Atombombe must be deactivated and the plans claimed for the allied forces.

January 1944:

FDR: General Eisenhower?

IKE: Yes? This is General Eisenhower speaking.

FDR: I need you to come to the White House immediatley!
British Reconnisance has spotted something going near Rostock Germany.
I will have transportation sent to your location immediatley.

IKE: Yes that is fine.

later that day

FDR: Here is a map. the star indicates the spot of activity.

IKE: how much do we know?

FDR: well, the British pilot didn't make it. Allied officials found his plane yesterday with almost illegible information
and a broken camera. it just says that it is the possible location of an unknown major German base and port in the Baltic Sea.
or it is the possible location of Germany's latest project Op Wirbelsturm. the rest is illegible.

IKE: we have got to get an allied spy in there. who the hell knows what Op Wirbelsturm is anyway?

FDR: I know just the man for the Job

Area 153 Base Wabash, Indiana

FDR: BJ

BJ: Yeah?

FDR: we need you to report to the pentagon at 13:00 hours. Transportation is on the way.

BJ: what are those %^$# up to now?

13:00 hours, Pentagon

FDR: sit down BJ. I will elxplain what is going on.

BJ: Sits down

FDR: the site of a possible Nazi operation has been spotted over Rostock, Germany. we need you to infiltrate and destroy the base while recovering any plans or blueprints regarding the Operation.

BJ: Peice of Cake

FDR: all right then. You will Be dropped off in this location of the Baltic sea, at which point, wearing protective scuba gear
you will enter the site of the operation. you will have to stear clear of any mines while swimming.

BJ: Okay

BJ was deployed the night of the next day.

Enemies:

Shark: they lurk in the waters. they are super breeds created by top nazi scientists.

Guard: They are armed with a pistol and thus are not very tough.

Mines: they float in the water. they will kill you if you touch them

SS: These tough guys are armed with bulletproof vests

Waffen SS: These guys are armed with tougher armor and a rapidfire machine gun.

Officers: armed with a pistol, they may not look tough but they are quick

Chaingunners: they are armed with a chaingun and are extremely tough

Flamethrower SS: they are armed with a Nazi Flamethrower

Scientists: like officers they carry a pistol and are quick

Bosses:

Boss 1: Admiral Flieschmannd: armed with two chainguns, this guy can toast you in seconds

Boss 2: Captain Kirsch: Armed with twin rocket launchers this guys is a pain in the you know what

Boss 3: Doktor Armandalegg: head scientist of Operation Wirbelsturm armed with deadly shots of cyanide

Boss 4: Joseph Mangula: Hitler's head doctor. he is a madman second only to Schabbs. He is the head supervisor of Operation Wirbelsturm. Armed with A chaingun and rocket launcher

Boss 5: Massakerritter (Carnage Knight): He is the brother of the Deathknight you once faced. He is pissed off and heavily armored with twin chainguns and shoulder Mount Rocket Launchers. His armor is a thick as a Tanks. he guards the Plans and Die Atombombe.

Floors:

1-2 underwater levels

3-4 Underground bunkers (cellar)

5: boss 1

6-9: prisons

10: boss 2

11-14: labs

15: boss 3

16-19: castle

20: boss 4

21: boss 5

Ammo:

Magazine

Box of Bullets

Gasoline

First Aid:

Prison Slop: restores 4 pts

Dinner: Restores 10 pts

Small First aid kit: 15 pts

First Aid kit: 20 pts

Large First Aid Kit: 50 pts

Pill: 100% health + 10% health increase

Super Pill: 100% health + 25% health increase

Artefacts:

One Up- Obvious what it is

God Artefact: makes you invincible for 30 seconds

Two Up- these are super rare and are only found in pushwalls

Keys:

Gold Key: Opens doors with a gold Keyhole

Cyan Key: opens doors with a cyan keyhole

Guns:

Knife: what you start with

Pistol: carried dy guards + officers

Machine Gun: Carried by SS

Rapidfire Machine Gun: Carried by Waffen SS

Chaingun: Found in secret areas

Flamethrower: Found in secret areas and carried by flamethrower SS

That's it for outline #2 Give me credit if either outline is used

Last edited by Guest on Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
sentenced
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 5
sao_tome.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:17 am
   Subject: Re: Update
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Hmm. I personally think you would be better off keeping just the story here, not the features. If anybody can implement all of these features in a Wolf3D addon, I'll drink bleach. You might as well base this addon on Doom - at least you won't have to implement that many source code changes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:27 am
   Subject: Re: Operation Wirbelsturm plan #2

Really? I've played WSJ games before and he has loads of new guns and keys and stuff. Spear Resurrection has 'em too. In fact Most add-ons and TC's i've played have 'em
sentenced
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 5
sao_tome.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:13 pm

I wasn't specific enough there. I didn't mean that the source code changes were too extensive (though underwater would be incredibly hard to simulate in Wolf3D's engine). I just couldn't see a modder implementing each and every feature into an addon/TC and keeping strictly to the original plan you posted.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:32 pm

Catacomb Abyss had an interesting way of simulating water. One level played in an aqueduct, I think. The floor coulour was simply blue and sometimes there was a sprite being a whirlpool. To me it looked like the wall textures were animated to have some water at the bottom that was nicely animated. I'm not sure how they did the water effect, though. I don't think the catacomb games engine had could draw animated walls. But if anyone is interessted in it, just give the game a try. It's a good game anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:03 pm

Yeah water would be difficult Is suppose. Maybe the game should start from outside then like in my first suggestion Yawn
WSJ
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 24

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:59 pm
   Subject: Re: Update

sentenced wrote:
Hmm. I personally think you would be better off keeping just the story here, not the features. If anybody can implement all of these features in a Wolf3D addon, I'll drink bleach.

Consider yourself bleached! Twisted Evil Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:33 pm

Quote:
Yeah water would be difficult Is suppose. Maybe the game should start from outside then like in my first suggestion

Do that, cut out the uneeded features and you got yourself a basic outline for a TC/add-on.
Hair Machine
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 8
uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:23 am

WSJ wrote:
Consider yourself bleached! Twisted Evil Wink

Ha ha! I was going to say the same thing. All of those things are definitely possible in Wolfenstein! For the water you'd need to have Ripper's lighting and the floor/ceiling textures; then you'd make a sort of thick, blue fog to simulate the water in front of the players eyes, and use a water ceiling texture. Then you put various "under-watery" sprites in. You could even animate the water! Believe me, this is possible - granted, it doesn't look perfect; but it definitely feels pretty atmospheric.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:36 am

Does this mean WSJ is gonna do my add on! WHOAH!! Shocked
WSJ
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:58 pm

Er... sorry, but I don't have time to get involved. But all those features you mentioned are definitely possible to implement in an add-on, so don't get discouraged. There are a number of code tutorials floating around that would probably help you out here. I started out by following tutorials... over time, I gained enough experience with the code to do things that were a bit more complicated.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:39 pm

Actually I prefer if someone else does the Add-on. I SUCK at level design
anyway and I don't want the Add on to suck. And oh yeah, i'd like to introduce Op Wirbelsturms new name Projeckt Wirbelsturm. If someone is skilled enough to make all of the coding changes and is able to design DECENT levels (Spear Resurrection, WSJ games) and WANTS to do the add on leave a post. (Don't post if you DON'T want to do the add on)

RULES FOR DESIGN
1. The Golden Rule: if someone decides to do the add on GIVE ME CREDIT SOMEWHERE. If you don't it is plagiarism and it's ILLEGAL. I will be mighty ticked off that I didn't get credit ESPECIALLY IF IT TURNS OUT TO BE A GOOD ADD ON

2. Feel free to tweak things around. you don't have to exactly follow my outline it is only an IDEA. the only thing that has to be followed is the STORY fool around with enemies and other stuff at your own will.[/i]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:35 am

SuperMikio wrote:
Actually I prefer if someone else does the Add-on. I SUCK at level design
anyway and I don't want the Add on to suck. And oh yeah, i'd like to introduce Op Wirbelsturms new name Projeckt Wirbelsturm. If someone is skilled enough to make all of the coding changes and is able to design DECENT levels (Spear Resurrection, WSJ games) and WANTS to do the add on leave a post. (Don't post if you DON'T want to do the add on)

RULES FOR DESIGN
1. The Golden Rule: if someone decides to do the add on GIVE ME CREDIT SOMEWHERE. If you don't it is plagiarism and it's ILLEGAL. I will be mighty ticked off that I didn't get credit ESPECIALLY IF IT TURNS OUT TO BE A GOOD ADD ON

2. Feel free to tweak things around. you don't have to exactly follow my outline it is only an IDEA. the only thing that has to be followed is the STORY fool around with enemies and other stuff at your own will.[/i]

Confused Neutral WTF... are you out of your mind?
TheTalentedMrLeo
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 35
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:36 am

And there you have it.

William Shakespear: I say ol' boy, would you be as so kind as to write this play for me? I have this terrible writer's block that has be plaguing me for quite some time. Oh and if the play is a success, would you be as so kind as to give me credit for my work?
WSJ
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:17 am

I admittedly didn't understand SuperMikio's post, since I thought he wanted to create an add-on... but I think I understand now -- He's posting this storyline just in case anyone who IS creating an add-on wants to use it. And he wants credit for the story. I don't see anything wrong with that... I remember reading a thread on the old Dome forums where people were posting their ideas for add-ons which they themselves didn't have time to make, but others might. Throwing out ideas which you don't plan on using can be a good thing, since it means that they won't necessarily go to waste. I myself have had several ideas for add-ons which I know I'll never get the chance to make. Of course, my ideas tend not to be very original anyway, so no big loss there... Cheesy Grin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:54 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I come up with the stupidest ideas. Like a "Candyland" mod for Wolf3D where you fight enemies with lollipops and pixie stix. The enemies were like a chocolate fudge monster and chaingun candy clowns. Now tell me that is not wierd! Smile
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Tale Tellers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: