DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Changing the color pallette
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> DieHard Archives View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ChiefRebelAngel
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 28
blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:26 pm
   Subject: Changing the color pallette
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Hello again you crazy coder crackers, another question is: How could I change the color palette for my TC??

I've been using the regular wolf palette, but have found it to be very limiting in terms of some of the enviroments I'd like to render. I am most familiar with the Doom palette, which I find to be extremely flexible. Can I covert the wolf .pal to Doom's??

If so, would anyone like to help me with that? I'll be busy redrawing everything I've done so far...

Thanks,

-The Chief \m/ Twisted Evil \m/
IanFranken
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 27
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:37 am
   Subject: Re: Changing the color pallette
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Hey Chief,

I think what you're wanting to do can be accomplished with DarkOne's tools. Check out:

http://wolfgl.narod.ru/

Go to Downloads and scroll down until you come to a file called Jpal2bin. This program will allow you to import your PSP .pal files into Wolf3D.

I haven't messed with this program in ages (haven't had much of a need to recently), so I'm afraid I can't offer much in the way of step-by-step instructions, but DarkOne's README file should get you going in the right direction at least.

Hope that's what you needed.

-Ian
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 54
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:18 pm

Oh, by the way, for a good palette you might want to check out the Ken's labyrinth palette it doesn't have any of those weird useless colors that are out of the way of the normal gradients. Just one invisible one, and if your using wolf you don't need any other stand alone colors. I haven't had too much of a problem with that palette.

DieHard SS

Topics: 28
blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:02 pm

You guys are always helpful! I'll check out DarkOne's tool a little later, as I'm currently at work Crying or Very sad

I've actually made a Doom/wolf mixed palette, using Wolfs "green/blue/cyan" colors (think Dr.Schabbs' lair), but the palette is mostly comprised of Doom's greens/browns/greys and reds. Episode 1 takes place in a Normandy or D-day type of setting, with bunkers and bases n' such. I'm making tons of outdoor enviroments, in a fall setting, which is why a palette change is neccessary, to create more depth in the rocky walls, and more organic looking plants and grass textures. I don't think a paralaxing sky is realistic at this point, so I've chosen to use a solid colour ceiling texture (like flat light-grey), and draw the 'landscape' wall texture to have a matching colour at the top. It seems to be the simplest way to create a decent sky for now. He is an example of what the palette will look like in wolf, although it is not a screen shot, rather a fake "movie poster" I did for jokes one night. It uses the new colors, and is a more military/special forces dipiction of BJ. If it doesn't load up, you can check it out at my webpage....
If it is too small...well...just check out the enlarged version at my website.

Thanks for the tips!

-The Chief
JackaL
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 30
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:10 am

oh cool, i also have been wondering about changing the palette. thanks
JackaL
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 30
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:39 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

hmm i think this topic is old or sumthing. well i dunno if im doing it right but floedit 2 seams 2 get stuck at 99% when i've imported the new file. am i supposed 2 import the 32bit bin? i bet i'll get no answer Confused
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Time synchronized with the forum server time
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> DieHard Archives View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: