DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Which upcoming mods/TC are you anticipating the most?
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Polling Booth View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic

Which upcoming mods/TC's make you vomit with anticipation?
End of Destiny
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
Trench Warfare
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Digbenstein 3D
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Operation: Letzterschutz
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
Castle Helvete
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
Kremel3d
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
The Punisher
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
A possible Davestein3??
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
King of the Monsters
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Voted : 15
Total Votes : 46

ChiefRebelAngel
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 28
blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:23 pm
   Subject: Which upcoming mods/TC are you anticipating the most?
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Post away!
TheTalentedMrLeo
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 35
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:59 pm
   Subject: Re: Which upcoming mods/TC are you anticipating the most?
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

In case you didn't notice:

http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=1021
Haasboy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 58
southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:52 pm

So what that one is fairly old and most of those mods have been released. But they forgot one mod, and that is Double Trouble.

DieHard SS

Topics: 5
sao_tome.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:18 am

DAVESTEIN 3, DAVESTEIN 3, DAVESTEIN 3!!!

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 54
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:38 am

What about write in votes? Skunks, Orb of Dilaria, WSJ's next possible mod, and why not the DHWTC?

I think you just used this as a way to find out how many people want to play your mod over others. Evil or Very Mad

DieHard SS

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:47 am

Ringman wrote:
What about write in votes? Skunks, Orb of Dilaria, WSJ's next possible mod, and why not the DHWTC?

I think you just used this as a way to find out how many people want to play your mod over others. Evil or Very Mad

Well Ringman, you are partially right, I was curious to know which upcomming mods are the most popular, and of course, how mine, an unproven 'newbie' mod, would fare against the likes of EOD and other great TCs. The list I used was comprised of mods I found interesting. I think King of the Monsters is a cool concept personally. Miniture bastards to crush and dispose of??? Sounds cool to me. The only one that was added for jokes was Davestein3, which as far as I know doesn't exist. Plus, I haven't heard of Skunks or DHWTC. If you would like to post some info about them, well...by all means.
JoeWolf
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 2
uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:34 pm

And what about Zuljin's new Spear Doomsday? I'm doing the guns!
I mean come on, at least do some research before creating a(nother) poll like this.

DieHard SS

Topics: 5
sao_tome.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:37 pm

JoeWolf wrote:
I mean come on, at least do some research before creating a(nother) poll like this.

He knows his stuff Joe, trust me. Why else would he have rightfully included (a possible) Davestein 3 on the list, eh?

Tell me, loser!!!

Goddammit, it's now off the list. I hate you all. Guess I'll have to go with a vastly inferior EOD now.

DieHard SS

Topics: 27
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:07 pm

Yeah, Chief... Why didn't you include options for Spear Doomsday ? Or DHWTC ? Or Skunkz ? Or FrootLoopKid89's "Super1337stein 4: PwnYoazz" ? Or UnoriginalBoy's "Wolfenstein End of 3D"? Or "Eminemstein" ? Or "Spongebobstein" ? And how the hell could you forget "Projekt: Heimlich Manuever" or the highly anticipated "Gayenstein"?!?! Shocked

Just kidding, of course Smile With so many TCs / add-ons coming out each month and more being announced, it would be impossible to make a poll that included every single game. It's hard enough to keep up with what's current / coming out as it is. Hell, I never even heard of Spear Doomsday till this week, and I haven't been paying much attention to Skunks either. As far as Orb Of Dilaria, while the game sounds cool, there's not enough known about it yet for me personally to say wether or not I'm looking forward to it (well, beyond Adam being a kick ass C++ coder... ).

In other words, get your panties back on, kids... I sincerely doubt Chief was trying to offend anyone by excluding you or your friend's TC. Personally, I think all of you probably just wanted to see how many people wanted to play YOUR games... Wink

Back on topic, I'll have to say Chief has picked some of the most anticipated games and did a good job. As far as what I'm looking forward to, I'll have to admit EoD has my interest the most, although I am paying attention to Helvete because it has some of the best graphics I've ever seen in a Wolf TC and I'm curious about how it's going to turn out. If I could vote for both, I would, but I went ahead and cast it for EoD because I've waited over two years for it and it's got me nearly going out of my mind. I am also looking forward to Letzerschutz, which looks pretty cool and is coming out very soon.

-Ian
JoeWolf
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 2
uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:19 pm

I assure you ian my panties are firmly in place. I just like being picky.

DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:49 pm

Yeah, and I just like to complain alot. Though, many mods may be announced how many out of those will actually be finished.... EOD, OLS are almost done, so that covers them, but if you've look at dumscheissekopf's record (no offense dum.) I don't know what to think about king of the monsters. Skunkz definitely needs to be on the list, because not only is it original, like you Ian have complained about, it is being made by Majik as his possible last mod! How could you not be aware of that!!!! Orb however, is shrouded in mystery, and that's the way it should be. If only you knew...... Evil or Very Mad

Oh, and the dhwtc is not MY GAME, it's everyones! A large number of contributors have put alot of work into this, some unknown that never knew there potential, and some that are well known throughout this forum. We have the likes of Brian, Majik, Arielus, Adam Biser, Loki (who I did not know before, but has shown major potential), Joewolf and others. How could you go wrong with that? Alright, I've been trying so hard to keep from hyping this but I think my excitement got the best of me. Sad

Back on topic.

Utility Developer

Topics: 46
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:03 pm

IanFranken wrote:
As far as Orb Of Dilaaria, while the game sounds cool, there's not enough known about it yet for me personally to say wether or not I'm looking forward to it (well, beyond Adam being a kick ass C++ coder... ).

Well, I'm keeping Orb under wraps until it gets closer to completion. I can say that there will be some new stuff in it... at least stuff I've not heard people talking about. So hopefully it turns out well. BTW: I don't know C++ very much at all actually. Embarassed I mainly program in VB. I know enough of C to make changes to Wolf3D.

As to the topic. There are several good looking mods in the works. It makes it tough to choose. I hope that they don't appear at the same time or we'll all be swamped! Very Happy But that might not be a bad thing though...

DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:26 pm

Adam Biser wrote:
Well, I'm keeping Orb under wraps until it gets closer to completion. I can say that there will be some new stuff in it... at least stuff I've not heard people talking about. So hopefully it turns out well. BTW: I don't know C++ very much at all actually. I mainly program in VB. I know enough of C to make changes to Wolf3D.

I read about Orb at your site, Adam, and I must say what I've read sounds intrigueing. You always contributed some great tutorials here on some things other people never thought about or could do, so I'm sure it will be a great play. Keeping it under wraps is probably the best move... It tends to build people up Smile

Ringman wrote:
Skunkz definitely needs to be on the list, because not only is it original, like you Ian have complained about, it is being made by Majik as his possible last mod! How could you not be aware of that!!!!

I generally am not too interested in comedy / humor type mods (with a handful of exceptions). Thus, I don't often pay attention to them. I will probably play it when it does get released because I like Majik's art, but I wouldn't exactly say I'm dying to. That's me, I'm picky.

But yes, I do give Majik major credit for thinking original. He always has. That always gets points in my book, and even if I hate Skunkz I'll at least give it that respect. There's a lot that can be done with the Wolf3D engine, and it's nice to see people experiment with what might appear to be "crazy" ideas similar to what Chris did with Chokage years ago. Sometimes a little craziness is needed to stir things up and get other people's imaginations flowing.

Ringman wrote:
Orb however, is shrouded in mystery, and that's the way it should be. If only you knew......

If only I knew...what ? That games are best when kept secret ? Of course I know this one. Keeping games a secret and then releasing them unexpectedly is a very nice surprise, just look at WSJ's games and the responses he gets out of people. All I said was, with Orb, I haven't read enough about it to really know what to think yet because, yes, it is shrouded in mystery. But yes, I am aware of this "secret game" thing and I support it.

What I basically meant with my previous post was that I felt you guys were being too hard on Chief for not including practically every game coming out. All I'm saying is, he picked a good handful of games and posted some of the most popular options. Of course, he missed some of the games you guys were probably dying for. Sue him... It's his poll. If you want to see how many people are anticipating the arrival of DHWTC or Skunkz, well, you can make your own poll, you know...

-Ian
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:11 am

No, I wasn't being hard on him at all or you. I was just pressing your buttons Wink . It doesn't really bother me at all how many people anticipate certain mods, I just needed an excuse to post in the polling booth. Razz

Seriously, though I am anticipating Trench Warfare the most, but I don't know when it will be finished.

DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:42 pm

Ringman wrote:
I was just pressing your buttons

Grrr...Me not like that. ME SMASH RINGMAN! Twisted Evil Wink

lol Well I see. I guess we all need a little time designated everyday for Bitching Time(tm) Wink

-Ian
ChiefRebelAngel
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:32 pm

IanFranken wrote:
Yeah, Chief... Why didn't you include options for Spear Doomsday ? Or DHWTC ? Or Skunkz ? Or FrootLoopKid89's "Super1337stein 4: PwnYoazz" ? Or UnoriginalBoy's "Wolfenstein End of 3D"? Or "Eminemstein" ? Or "Spongebobstein" ? And how the hell could you forget "Projekt: Heimlich Manuever" or the highly anticipated "Gayenstein"?!?! Shocked

Heh..heh..goddamned hilarious...

Well, I was wrong not to include DHWTC, because, well...it looks awsome! The news post on the dome was the first time I've seen it. Double Trouble is killer too.
The Orb Of Dilaaria should be good, as Adam Biser has given me tips on code issues, so I'm guessing he'll be making some nice modifications.

Like I said before, the MOD/TCs I've listed were chosen out of my own interest, and maybe some ignorance. I think I mentioned it in another post, but I do prefer original concepts/graphics in a mod, and almost all of the above possess those qualities.

Feel free to make a more accurate poll.

Oh and Ringman, if you need any additional artwork for DHWTC, let me know! Too Cool
ZuljinRaynor
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 19
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:39 pm

JoeWolf wrote:

That's my weapon artist!
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:39 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Joe knows his stuff too! He's definitely got some original ideas when it comes to weapon design. Oh and Bitching Time™ is mine! Your trademark symbol was incorrect. Just like I have JMO™ trademarked now! Evil or Very Mad

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Polling Booth View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: