DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

a question 4 playing EoD?
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
JackaL
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 30
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:23 pm
   Subject: a question 4 playing EoD?
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

is this the right board 2 b posting this n? most likely if i read rite. n e way i've got DosBox 0.60, coz i cant get VDMsound to F***eN work Evil or Very Mad i heard EoD needed DB 0.61 or sumthing to run. i also took 2 notice that HoS : special edition runs slow on my dosbox, probably due to the textured floors/cielings. i thought to myself, is EoD going to run even slower? that would ruin the fun Not Happy does n e of the beta testers or n e 1 thing it will run on my system, 248mb ram, about a 2ghz. i thought i had a good puter Confused n e 1?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:42 pm
   Subject: Re: a question 4 playing EoD?
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Take a Look at manual from MCS/AReyeP website Wink
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 56
blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:42 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

So, are all those bugs in the EoD manual still active? lol.

http://www.areyep.com/eodmanual/j.html#Bugs

I'm assuming that some of the more prominent and newly created ones like #2 (Rocket Launcher bug) and easy to fix ones like #5 (Weapon Draw/teleport bug) have been dealt with already, as MCS seems like a very determined problem solver. It's cool how you guys use "Michael Jackson" imagery for the #6 bug; never hurts to have some imaginative viewpoints on things. Smile

Ahhhh, just for fun, here's how that #6 bug was described in a version of the Chokage readme file...

What's with those Faster "SLIDING" Dogs? wrote:
One of Einstein's theories is that when a human's brain reaches a certain point in evolution, there will be no room for the growth of hair; so if you somehow get really really intelligent (HA), you'll go bald. When a dog's brain reaches a certain evolution, he gains an extra boost of strength; or in the case of one of these Hydro Dogs, power. This extra power gives him the ability to slide around like a hovercraft; being able to move faster than his companions without even moving his feet. And like a spoiled child, this Super Dog always wants more. Many times he will turn against his friends and drain power from them, enough power to permantly leave his body; leaving the remaining dogs in a domino effect, stuck behind his own abandoned corpse. Where his spirit goes is still an unsolved case, but there are many superstitions and beliefs linking towards the subject; and like certain rock legends, the amazing ability of this canine only started to be explored after it's "so called" death.

At first sight, everyone didn't think the corpse was even a real dog, just a statue that dropped from the sky. They gazed at it thinking where would be a good place to put this new, colourful decoration. The dog's master, known as a very dilusional coocoo straight from the clown factory, was the first to realize that the statue was his dead dog; and in his despair, he saw a guard (that he thought was an angel) hovering towards him saying the words "Woof! Woof! Woof!" who then froze in his tracks like stone. From seeing this, the looney man concluded that his dog was still alive and he decided to write a book about how smart and adventurous his dog was for reincarnating as a human and barking... but realized that he couldn't move; even though he was moving his legs, he wasn't getting anywhere and could not walk away from this once psychotic barking Guard. The guards came in to see what all the screaming was about, and laughed when they saw the old fool, running "on the spot" and screaming, the guards assumed he was just playing some new sort of "mime" game with all new rules and just left him there, unattended for. Who would have known that they would regret that for the rest of their lives.

It was not until lately that they found the crazy master guilty of knowing the truth, and not just fantasizing some nutty story. And maybe with him, the mystery would be solved; but all you have to rely on now are a couple theories. Most of our representatives believe that the Dog's floating spirit may also be involved with the religious, supernatural and domination affairs in the nazi kingdom; but only YOU can really find out the details of this obscure "dog eat everyone's soul" revolution.

Heh. Some sections seem lacking and/or exaggerated in it's valid substance to me now, but whatever.

On a sidenote, I normally don't use VDMSound. Do most of you use it? The controls are kind of jerky (and therefore distracting) with it on my Windows XP computer. Normally, I just have some mp3s playing in the background and run wolf3d straight from Windows, or use DosBox so I can hear the music while playing. If I want to hear just the music, which actually isn't that rare of an occurance, then the funnest way is just to open ChaosEdit and put the entire AUDIOT on a random loop. Mr Green

-------------------
EDIT: It would probably be in good taste to check out Basic Rule G of the forums JackaL. L33t talk is ok as a joke once in awhile, but can get pretty annoying when used intentionally whenever you want a question answered.
JackaL
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 30
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:29 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

thanks for pointing that out chris. ill be more considerate. has ChaosEdit been released? it sounded really good. ill check out the EoD manual and if i cant get Eod to play the way i like, ill probably try to get this old pc that plays wolf games no probs or track down another one.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: