DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Nearing the "End" of October.
Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:52 pm
   Subject: Nearing the "End" of October.
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Ooh Shocked has anyone realized this. Tht means that in just 2 short weeks EOD will be here!! Anyway, to my main point. Bieng that the EOD beta forum is closed to "regular" users, I'm just wondering how it's going. Has everyone completed the game yet? If so are the testers testing the challenge levels? I'm just curious how things are going with you guys. and I'm sure everyone else is too.
ZuljinRaynor
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 19

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:01 pm
   Subject: Re: Nearing the "End" of October.
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

No more hyping EoD up. You guys are killing it.

@Areyep Don't distribute EoD when it is done. Just... leave it and make everyone wait a month without asking anything at all about EoD.
Otto
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Topics: 2

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:15 pm

ZuljinRaynor wrote:
@Areyep Don't distribute EoD when it is done. Just... leave it and make everyone wait a month without asking anything at all about EoD.

Are you crazy? Shocked
ZuljinRaynor
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:44 pm

No I am not. This will make the game better. You need to earn the right after making some people no longer wanting it too much.
JackaL
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 30
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:19 pm

that would be so mean it would be fantastic, though id probably pull my hair out and bang my face against the brick wall in frustration Twisted Evil that would make me soooo want to play it!!! nice idea but think of the controversy
Hair Machine
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 8
uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:57 pm

... And anyway, ZR, just think of this: an extra month of people talking about EOD! You'd love that, right? Wink

DieHard Mutant

Topics: 25
argentina.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:06 pm

You guys ain't missing much... I'd say the mod is just alright... LOLOLOLOLOL!

Ariel.

DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:59 pm

Hair Machine wrote:
... And anyway, ZR, just think of this: an extra month of people talking about EOD! You'd love that, right? Wink

I said...
ZuljinRaynor wrote:
...leave it and make everyone wait a month without asking anything at all about EoD.

I'd love that. Very Happy I might then want to play EoD a lot. Now it is just like a regular mod killed after hype.
WSJ
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 24

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:16 pm

@SuperMikio: If you are curious about this, then why not ask them in a private message?

I just don't see why we need to start a new thread about this every month. Rolling Eyes
ZuljinRaynor
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:13 pm

WSJ wrote:
@SuperMikio: If you are curious about this, then why not ask them in a private message?

I just don't see why we need to start a new thread about this every month. Rolling Eyes

How about... no more EoD threads for 1 full month. No talking about EoD for one month. Some people want to play the game but your hyping is killing it. Please stop and respect other Wolfers.
Otto
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:00 pm

ZuljinRaynor wrote:
How about... no more EoD threads for 1 full month. No talking about EoD for one month. Some people want to play the game but your hyping is killing it. Please stop and respect other Wolfers.

I can wait one more month, but what makes me really crazy is to cannot see whats going on the betatesting forum!
Dugtrio17
Code Master
Code Master

Topics: 49
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:32 pm

I know what you mean...
Browsing the new posts... Howling Wolfers, Code Crackers, and...
EOD BETA DISCUSSION FORUM?!?
AGH! Must... read... new... posts... clicky click... THE BUTTON DOESN'T WORK!!! Crying or Very sad
Nothing implied, just relating. Smile

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Dugtrio17 wrote:
I know what you mean...
Browsing the new posts... Howling Wolfers, Code Crackers, and...
EOD BETA DISCUSSION FORUM?!?
AGH! Must... read... new... posts... clicky click... THE BUTTON DOESN'T WORK!!! Crying or Very sad
Nothing implied, just relating. Smile

While I quote Dugtrio... I'm sure others have felt this way as well... to all I say:

LOL... I didn't think people would go crazy because they can't read that area. I thought people being able to see that area would show that it is getting closer to release. As for reading the actual posts... It's probably best that people don't.... It would be like picking up a book to read and then having someone tell you the conclusion... aka "Rosebud" and "It's the name of the sled".

While the posts in that area might seem interesting or enticing... they are actually more critical of what we have found in the game and where the group believes things need fixing. We've found a few problems... and we've enjoyed the game... but being able to read our critique on things before you have a chance to view it for yourself... or experience it yourself, just wouldn't be in anyones best interest.

Will all the suggestions we've made make it into the game... Not sure... the maps haven't changed in the beta... the vswap and the music hasn't changed... only the exe so far.. I can say that we have played probably a more difficult version than will be released... But even then, I could be wrong.

I can say that not everyone will like the game as it involves some problem solving... it's more than a shoot'em up game... But the features added... the work involved.. the graphics.. everything that they have done is to make EoD the best it can be. It still feels like Wolf3d and yet it has evolved into more than the game that started it all. I enjoyed it immensely, but I like a challenge... Others may find the challenge too much... or may become discouraged.

All I can say, is keep an open mind... Please be patient... and the game will be released when Areyep and Mcs have decided it is finished. But, for the most part I think everyone will be impressed and say it was worth the wait. It is the best integration of features, graphics, sounds to create an atmosphere that holds true to the original while moving the game further forward. It is the best work I have seen to date and even tops their previous release with Spear Resurrection (and I'm not kissing ass when I say that).

Greg
BrotherTank
JackaL
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:09 pm

i have a habit of opening a games VSwap before playing, just to see whats in store, graphic and sound wise. Which seems to be a big thing in MY mind. I've gotta try not to do this when EoD comes out! Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:28 pm

JackaL wrote:
i have a habit of opening a games VSwap before playing, just to see whats in store, graphic and sound wise. Which seems to be a big thing in MY mind. I've gotta try not to do this when EoD comes out! Laughing

Be careful, Due to white blocks (icons) somewhere on map contains UNKNOWN to mapedit or Floedit, Becaise they been adding new objects and walls to floedit or mapedit on thier computer, not yours

For Example: MCS add new door to mapedit or Floedit can show him, but you will see white block icon instead of new icon on map... That's why Floedit or Mapedit on your computer don't have any new icons installed after TC been released. if you already wanted to see new icon on map, then you must add new icon to mapedit or floedit to see those new icon on map for yourself, it gets harder to determine which you want to add new icon to... this is real puzzled for you to see those white icons on map. Think

Hope you can understand what I means. Cheesy Grin
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 56
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:33 am

BrotherTank wrote:
"Rosebud" and "It's the name of the sled".

Shocked That's what that means?! Now you've ruined that movie for me forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you're going to tell me that the chick from the crying game is actually...............nvm.

EDIT: WAIT THIS JUST IN!!!!!!!!!! EOD WAS LEAKED TO ME BY ONE OF THE BETATESTERS!!!!!!!!!! IT HAS ALL THE FEATURES OF THE ORIGINAL APPLE II WOLF!!! IT IS ALMOST THE SAME!!!!!!!! CLICK HERE for the DOWNLOAD!!!

DieHard SS

Topics: 27
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:11 am

Oh my God...

The nostalgia is all coming back. This really does feel just like the game I played in my youth... And more. Breathtaking. They recreated Wolfenstein perfectly!

AReyeP and MCS: I can't find the words to describe the type of love I'm feeling for you right now, thanks to this EoD Beta that Ringman leaked to us. It's...a strange type of love Embarassed What are you guys wearing right now? I bet it's really dirty and tight... I'm not wearing much, myself...

Laughing

About the EoD forum, yeah... Sometimes I've clicked on it just to see if it'll let me in just on a freak error-type thing... lol. Are there any plans to open that place up to the public after EoD's release? Chris said he asked about that, so I guess I'll ask too... I think we're just curious about some of the techy info, and maybe to see if there are any features that were taken out / added in, and when. That, or maybe we're just curious because we can't get in there and it's a human nature type-thing to want to see what you've been told "no" to Smile

-Ian
JackaL
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:17 pm

i know bout that map business, i never really look at maps though

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:40 am

JackaL wrote:
i know bout that map business, i never really look at maps though

WHAT??? Sick

JackeL wrote wrote:
"i have a habit of opening a games VSwap before playing"

why did you write this sentence for?? Razz
JackaL
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:55 am

because if I don't hold myself back, I'll probably make an attempt to open EoD vswap when the game is released just to look at the pretty pictures and those crisp sounds. though EoD has a diffrent color palette so I'll probably get a lot of pink pictures
Hair Machine
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:19 pm

And probably not only pink, either! I know with my changed palette, most of the images are squiggles of white and blue, with occasional pink and flourescent green flourishes! And from the look of the screenshots, I'd say that you'd proably get the same thing in EOD too, as it looks like the palette is more than slightly edited. You know, if all the images are funked up, it might be cool to extract them in their wierd-coloured glory and use them in a normal-paletted mod! We'll get Kyo to do it; he'd do an awesome job... Wouldn't that be a cool game?

DieHard SS

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:47 pm

Hair Machine wrote:
We'll get Kyo to do it

poor old Kyo, so misunderstood... Think

anyway, I was thinking as a really cool mod. reversing all the textures colors, mirroring them, flipping them. taking all the sounds and reversing them, reversing the music and insering them all in wolf (thats sprites and all). would that be a crazy f-ed up mod!!! it could be called "Wierdostein" or sumthing Cheesy Grin
KyleRTCW
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 45
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:36 pm

<Howling Wolf> wrote:
JackaL wrote:

Be careful, Due to white blocks (icons) somewhere on map contains UNKNOWN to mapedit or Floedit, Becaise they been adding new objects and walls to floedit or mapedit on thier computer, not yours

For Example: MCS add new door to mapedit or Floedit can show him, but you will see white block icon instead of new icon on map... That's why Floedit or Mapedit on your computer don't have any new icons installed after TC been released. if you already wanted to see new icon on map, then you must add new icon to mapedit or floedit to see those new icon on map for yourself, it gets harder to determine which you want to add new icon to... this is real puzzled for you to see those white icons on map. Think

Hope you can understand what I means. Cheesy Grin

I created an entire objlist and maplist for Spear Ressurection before AReyeP released one so I could edit my own maps with out waiting, took a while though, look in the game, memorize the objective wall, define it...

Pixel Master

Topics: 23
southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:40 am

Hmmm. May as well post this now instead of waiting for November the 1st!!! May reduce some of the flak Smile

MCS has just fixed a whole raft of issues raised by the beta testers - one involved a bug only discovered by sheer luck. Now, understandably, he wants it to be tested for stability. Hopefully this won't take too long, but it won't be ready for Nov 1st ...

Don't ya just love it when I do this???

Seriously though we hate the delays just as much as anyone. No way we expected this. I guess the important thing is that when you do play it, you'll know it's been so rigorously thrashed and tested that you'll be in for a bug free experience.

All hate mail, threats and expressions of disappointment - please forward to:
AReyeP@whenthefrickisitgoingtobeready.com ... Very Happy
IanFranken
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 27
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:32 am

These kids are just dying to play EOD. I guess you can take their impatientence as a compliment, in a way. A lot of games get forgotten about by this point, and by the time they're released people play them once and forget about them. EOD on the other hand, the suspense just keeps building. Indeed, it's the most anticipated game I think I've ever seen (definitely beats out Totengraeber Phase II). So hopefully you guys get a smile or two out of all of this and aren't pulling your hair out in frustration at all of these silly posts Smile

In the meantime, we could think up new questions to ask AReyeP, MCS and the whole EOD Beta gang. Like, do any of them like cheese, or wether they wear boxers or briefs, for example Wink

-Ian

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 56
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:50 am

AReyeP wrote:
All hate mail, threats and expressions of disappointment - please forward to:
AReyeP@whenthefrickisitgoingtobeready.com ... Very Happy

That'd better not be real, cuz I just sent it a mail bom! Mr Green

Naw... How about just never release the game as a punishment for all the people complaining, but open up the EOD Beta forum so everyone can see what they missed out on. Twisted Evil

DieHard SS

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:37 am

Not released on Nov 1st? This is going to cause chaos! But don't worry AreyeP, I still don't care!

Idea: Design a slick looking box and manual..and make people pay $14.95 plus GST plus Postage and handling fees.... Wink
Hair Machine
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:09 am

Two sadists wrote:
Naw... How about just never release the game as a punishment for all the people complaining, but open up the EOD Beta forum so everyone can see what they missed out on.

Design a slick looking box and manual..and make people pay $14.95 plus GST plus Postage and handling fees....

Haha, both of you are evil, although it would be very amusing! Perhaps you should hold back the game until Christmas. I remember it was originally penned for release about Christmas (1st January?) 2003, if my memory serves... might as well make it a nice round year Very Happy

Don't Hurt Me

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:36 am

AReyeP wrote:
it won't be ready for Nov 1st ...

I think DT will come soon to save us.
Arielus
DieHard Mutant
DieHard Mutant

Topics: 25
argentina.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:40 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Hair Machine wrote:
Two sadists wrote:
Naw... How about just never release the game as a punishment for all the people complaining, but open up the EOD Beta forum so everyone can see what they missed out on.

Design a slick looking box and manual..and make people pay $14.95 plus GST plus Postage and handling fees....

Haha, both of you are evil, although it would be very amusing! Perhaps you should hold back the game until Christmas. I remember it was originally penned for release about Christmas (1st January?) 2003, if my memory serves... might as well make it a nice round year Very Happy

Well, all of Spear Resurrection's files are dated November 27, 2K1. 1:01 am, more precisely. It'd be quite peculiar if End of Destiny was released exactly three years after that day, would it not? Wink

Ariel.

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: