DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

The Die Hard Wolfer's TC
Page 1 of 13 Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 56
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:52 pm
   Subject: The Die Hard Wolfer's TC
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

The basic idea of this mod is: A mod that retains, but enhances the original wolf feel, and is put together by a LARGE group of modders from the Die Hard Wolfer's Forum. Our member list is fairly large right now, and hopefully will continue to grow. The status of this mod right now is that it's about 70%-80% finished, with most of the art and maps on their way to completion. It has several new features but mostly just small cosmetic touchups to the wolf engine and a few little suprises here and there. Our memberlist as of right now is:

Schabbs (Brian) - maps
Arielus - maps/statusbar
Loki - maps/map supervisor
Majik Monkee (How could I forget him)- Boss art
Mr. Wolf - wall decoration art
Joe Wolf - weapon art
Adam Biser - coding/map/story editor
Reviax - story
Aryan - idea
Ringman - texture art/project leader/map
Merthsoft - Map
Quickman - static object art
Wolf3dLevelLord - Helpful map and objdata for mapedit
ChiefRebelAngel - static object art/weapon art

The weird part about this list is it doesn't even begin to describe what everyone has done. Our members have each had their hands in a little bit in every department, even if it's only been comments and suggestions. We have had 2 or more members collaborating on one piece of art or map.

We are still in need of help in a large variety of departments, so if you think you can share something, EVEN if it's only ONE thing, ask about it, and you'll be fully credited if you share.

Anyway, this I guess will be our advertizing thread. Please feel free to comment and question about things, and I will put up screenshots and things to look at as well.

Last edited by Ringman on Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
ChiefRebelAngel
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 28
blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:00 am
   Subject: Re: The Die Hard Wolfer's TC
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

WOW!! This sounds amazing! I can't wait to play it.

Who's this Wolf3dLevelLord? Sounds like someone who'd bite you in the face. A goddamned face biter!! Stay out of those alleys.

Hmmn I bet it will contain some killer potted plants, or a nice rotating chaingun!

I'm shameless... Geek
Commodore
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 15
blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:08 am

I'd really like to design a level.

What sort of graphic changes are you doing?

6 episodes?

<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 25
argentina.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:57 am

Commodore wrote:
I'd really like to design a level.

What sort of graphic changes are you doing?

6 episodes?

I'll let the first question up to Ringman.

Now, regarding your second question... The mod is composed of 3 episodes of 10 levels each, meaning 30 levels. At the moment of this writing, 5 slots are still free. That doesn't mean 25 levels have been made already, but a few slots have been reserved for some mappers. As I have been saying since this project started, I think it would be nice to have as wide a variety of map styles as possible, so, in my opinion, it'd be great if you contributed at least one. 5 slots are still free, join the Yahoo group and pick one of them, come on.

Ariel.

DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:04 am

Thanks Arielus!

Oh and more importantly I forgot to mention, but Arielus is going to contribute a new status bar.
As for the graphic changes we have a large variety of textures, from concentration camp, to cathedral/castle, and even some gorey hell-based textures. For decorations, we have a mixture of SOD objects, and Wolf objects like trucks, skulls on pikes, and a weird laboratory experiment. For weapons....well the weapons are the same, but they're sporting some spiffy new graphics by me, Joe Wolf, and Cheifrebelangel. All with a high-res look without high-res coding.

For Bosses, well... just come on down and check things out!

DieHard Guard

Topics: 15
blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:41 am

how would I go about making a map? Do I have to download all the new graphics?

DieHard SS

Topics: 30
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:23 am

id be happy to provide some graphics, any, wall, sprites, images. what about sounds? i have a huge collection of weapon sounds, explosions etc. Smile
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:42 pm

Ok, things are moving!
@Commodore: You will need to download the graphics to make maps and the mapdata and objdata files for mapedit or the WDC files if you wish to use WDC, plus you'll need the latest exe if you wish to utilize some of the new features. The Vswap isn't complete, but it is complete enough to make maps since only things are being modified now, not changed. There is another update to it coming shortly, as soon as Chief finishes his portion of it, but it should work for your needs.

Also read the map guidelines to get an idea of what we're looking for, and read through the mapslots to see what mapslots are currently available.

As for new graphics, we are in need of a title screen/menu, that would be a start. I would love to hear some samples of sounds you have to offer as well.

Thanks for showing interest, and please feel free to ask for help on the group message board as well.

DieHard SS

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:52 pm

Hey, I didn't know that the Title page was still availible, perhaps I could send you a rough title pic idea. Any specific theme? Maybe I could draw a wolfenstein version of all the contributors, standing around, kind of like a highschool group photo.

What is the theme?? I could do something that relates to the plot, or perhaps, just the title 'DHWTC" in huge cool letters. Just a draft of course, nothing final.

On another note, I sketched a new design for the chaingun, because I read it will be high-rez??

Please clarify Ringman sir....
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:10 am

Ok, here's more info, #1 the chaingun will NOT be high res, it's just that our current weapon art is so good, it almost looks high res! That's what I meant. Of course that's JMO™ Anyway, the title screen is needed, but a title is not yet done. You see, the actual title of this mod will not be The Die Hard Wolfer's TC, but

<Insert Title Here>: The Die hard Wolfer's TC

Anyway, I can't give you too much info on it just yet, at least not until the story is finalized, which right now is a big problem. Reviax was going to be handling the story, and I just pmed him about it, but so far only Adam Biser has given me any feedback on the current rough draft. I need some help here, so if anyone's clever and good at dark humor, but also plot twists, let me know! Also I need help with names for characters, bosses, and an enemy.

We will eventually be needing, sounds like voices and weapon sounds, art for intermission sequences, and the menu. We'll need new music as well.

However since we are still working on mapping, that is first priority over the other cosmetic changes.

So that's what I can tell you so far.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:13 am

Is there anything I can do to help? I'm good with Photoshop, pixel art, and I have lots of sound effects.
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:47 am

Whoah! Too fast, too fast! Just kidding, I just didn't expect such a huge response! Anyway, let's see. Well, until Chief sends me his stuff I'm not sure what we'll need. One member: Quickman has done a few sprites, and he wanted to do all the skeletons and cages and stuff, but I may offer some of those to you.

One thing we do need changed, if you can draw a good one from scratch, is the darn tube that the hitler/bj corpse is in. It looks a little cartoony. I was gonna fix it myself, but you can give it a go if you wish.

The other option for art, is for you to have a look in the vswap, and ask me about certain things that you think you can make look good. Slightly modifying all the normal enemies would be nice even if it's a simple recolor job. Let me know what you have in mind after looking through the vswap which can be downloaded at: www.groups.yahoo.com/group/dhwtc it's in the files section.

As for sounds, you think you can come up with some eerie, yet cool, ghosts sounds? Or even some kind of devilish laugh sounds. Pm me for more info, because I can't give up too much here.

OK THIS LAST PART IS A CALL OUT TO EVERYONE!

If you wanna help this is what you'll need to know, this is especially important to mappers:

You'll need to download the vswap.rar which is a compressed version of the vswap, to unpack it you need WINRAR at www.rarlabs.com it is a free trial version that never actually expires.

Next you'll need the DHWTC EXE which is also in the files section zipped. Use winzip to open this which I hope you know how to use.

Next you'll need mapedit/objdata files or the WDC data files provided so you can map without getting confused.

Finally, look through the mapguidlines, and mapslots text documents to get a better understanding of what maps are availabl and what we are looking for in style.

Ok, thanks!

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 98
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:21 pm

Can I be a Betatester?

https://www.facebook.com/RichterBelmont123

https://twitter.com/Richterbelmont6
IanFranken
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 27
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:43 pm

Well it's about time you started plugging this thing more so, considering it is the DieHard Wolfers TC Smile

How many maps are done? I haven't checked lately at the club, and my PC at work freaks out with Yahoo stuff for some reason... If I can make some time and I have any ideas, maybe I could contribute a level or two. It'd be a nice way to get a level of mine out there finally, maybe.

If you're still looking for someone to help with the storyline, or rewrite some bits, maybe I could help there, too. You could toss it my way via PM / e-mail, and I can see if I can help out there. I enjoy writing, so...

-Ian

EDIT: Duh-er! I just re-read the other posts and saw the bit about the maps... lol Sorry, I'm at work and trying to get my browsing done quick in between rounds...
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 6:58 am

@Kyo: Uh, ok, just remind me later when I send out a request for them.

@Ian, I'll send you the story, but It really need some major work, it's an interesting plotline, but it gets too serious for wolf at times, and I need something to clean up the ending a bit. Like I said, I need somebody with a nack for dark humor, and irony. I'll send you the rough draft (more like a summary) as soon as I can.

DieHard SS

Topics: 27
usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:36 pm

I like my humor dark Wink And it'd be interesting to mess with someone else's storyline. It looks interesting, what little I've seen / figured out.

I'll see what I can do with it. It may take some time due to my schedule, but as long as you're willing to wait for quality, I might be able to do something with it. It'd probably be best for you to email it to me. Just use my wolfbytes@mail.com address (seems to be my Wolfenstein email account anymore...lol).

-Ian
Metal Overlord
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 33
sweden.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:06 am

I can get some cool, realistic gun-sound effects (maybe).
I know where to get them I just need permission first.
So, need any gun sounds? Very Happy

Zero X. Diamond
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 26
ussr.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:01 am

When the time comes for them, I can do voices. Give me a picture of the guard and an alert/death sound, and I can crank them out.

DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:26 pm

@ Ian Franken: Ok I'll send you a copy, Reviax has also responded so he's gonna look at it too, this way I'll have two points of view to see it from. Take your time, I can wait.

@Other's who have responded

I don't want to sound sarcastic or critical, but the reason I have all the files provided for easy access for a group is so you can all look at them and make your own judgements and then ask how you can help.

Sorry, no offense to anyone, but feel free to look through the files provided: www.groups.yahoo.com/group/dhwtc

Now anyway I need good gun sounds to replace the current ones, which are just replacing the original wolf guns. You know, pistol, mp40, chaingun. Also a good rocket launcher and explosion sound would be useful, and some gorey squishing throwing sound.

@ZeroX if you want to crank out sounds for the guards, then look through vswap at all the enemies, and bosses except for the last 3 which are Gretel, Fatface, and Poison Maker/GiftMacher

You show me what you got and can come up with, and I'll be happy. I'd prefer all guards in german, and the weird boss with the swastika mask, to be a garbled mess of thick accented german slang, the Green boss (hopefully you know who he is) should be in Latin, and The ghost enemy should be some moans that echoe.

PM ME SO I CAN DISCUSS THIS MORE OPENLY WITHOUT RUINING IT FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO PLAY THIS MOD WITHOUT TOO MUCH PRIOR KNOWLEDGE. Smile Thank you! Cheesy Grin

DieHard SS

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:20 pm

I uploaded a Jeep (the back), a potted plant, and a well. Go to the group if you want to view them.

Ahhhh screw it:

@ Ringman: I promise the Chaingun will finished soon. And a knife. Depends on JoeWolf.

I noticed that the Jeep and the well both extend to the edge of the 64x64 block. I'll upload a recroped version in 5 minuites.
If you guys have that image side column bug fix, then don't worry 'bout nothin'. You'll have two versions.
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:12 am

Thanks Chief they look good! I gave you more of a detailed review in the groups. Also thanks for bumping this post so I don't have to double post. Now I can make some more requests.

Ok, artists out there, we need your help!!! Arielus thinks that there a few good men out there who can make some awesome status bars and we both agree that we need some more people in the credits.

So if you think you can make an awesome statusbar to replace the original wolf one (nothing special needed just a fancy bar) then let me know and send us one so I can credit you!

Also we need a new bj face graphic, completely redone to give him a british look. You can go as different as you want, but make sure he looks fairly strong and detailed. Anyone want these jobs?

Somebody can do both or two people can do one, preferably the latter. So please help us out and get your name in the credits on one of the biggest (hopefully) community effort mods ever!!!!!

How's that for enthusiasm! Mr Green

Mapping Master

Topics: 163

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:55 am

Last edited by Thomas on Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
andy3012
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 29
uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:05 pm

Is their anything that i can do for this game? I wouldn't mind helping out, i can draw things, do a wee bit of coding implementation and im an okayish mapper. Just give me a hoot if theres anything ANYTHING i can do!
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:20 pm

Hey there, I was starting to get worried that people lost interest in this project. We've got loads of stuff left to do. Check www.groups.yahoo.com/group/dhwtc for some info on what maps we have left on reserve. There's a file in the files section called mapslots

We also need several art submissions still, you can find the list in this forum under artists archive. Are you alright with music? We could also use new sounds as well. Do you have an interesting voice? A good german accent? PM me and I can give some of the more secret info on what we still need done.

Thanks for offering help! Its much appreciated.

DieHard SS

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:53 pm

Hey Ring-man, would you be interested in testing out my level (E1 L2)? I'll send it to your account tonight, I would like to have you critique it before I upload it. The character placement may need to change, and perhaps you can give me some tips on how to properly use those grey arrow things (I'm guessing they're purpose is enemy sprite movement). The level is a concentration camp setting, I'm sure you'll like it.
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:58 pm

Sure, Chief, I give it a whirl. I'm not really a map expert, though, but I'll try what I can. The best people to probably look at it would be Arielus, Brian or Loki, since they know the tricks. But hey, another map for me to play!

DieHard SS

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:55 am

Hey Ringman, have you had a chance to try out my map? If it is good, I could do another. Cool

Don't worry about the character placement yet, that will all be improved before the map 'goes final'.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:32 am

Do you need my assistance?
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:16 am

http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=2359&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Here's a topic about the art to-do-list. I'm gonna do a sounds, maps, and music one eventually as well.

DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:56 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Ok, just letting you know the mod hasn't died or anything. We've just been on hiatus trying to find any willing contributors.

So here's the speal:

If you want some piece of your own work to be in a mod, then this is your opportunity. I need to remind you that I and some of the other members can get a bit picky about things so anything you offer may or may not be accepted because it doesn't match the style or anything, but if you are good at something and you want credited even if it's for something as simple as minor edits to enemies that are time consuming (like hat/weapon/color swapping) but easy to do let me know.

Things we still need:

Voice actors - the guards will be traditional to wolf so they need to speak in german, but I'm not too picky about super accurate accents, in fact I'd prefer exaggerated accents over accurate, but I am picky about pronunciation, but I will try to help in anyway that I can. We do have a voice requirement that isn't german, but only apply if you have a goofy weird sounding voice.

Graphics - I'm trying to replace every piece of art in the game that I can if not just modify it. All textures are done, but if you really wanna do a texture and are good at it, there are some textures that can be modified or enhanced to look better. Anything would be appreciated in this area. Just let me know what you like to do and what your good at. Even a neat "remix" of the Wolfenstein font would be cool or a title page. I'd prefer original art only or at least heavily modified stuff.

If you see something you think you can do better, let me know, since a large majority of the art is mine, and not all of it I'm 100% satisfied with.

Maps - still a few maps left. Nothing huge since the majority are done.

Sounds - wanna change all the sounds in the game. If anyone has some really nice gun sounds or dog sounds let me know.

Music - still need all music replaced, if anyone has any neat ideas to remix the music or have a compilation of some cool classical music that fits the wolf style let me know. Or if you can make your own let me know that too.

Coding: Most is done, but there are still a few small things left to do, if you can code and you want your name in this mod then let me know. Nothing extremely advanced, just minor changes, but if you do have any ideas that will enhance the game without forcing the team to do alot of changes to accomidate, let me know.

Beta - testers, this is coming up. We're not they're yet, but I need people that are gonna write down all the needed fixes and where exactly they are needed. The testers need to be comprehensive and real tinkerers who like to purposely find bugs and see if they can cause them to happen by playing the game a certain way. All skills of players preferred. Id like at least one awesome player, one average player, and somebody that can only beat wolf (even if barely) on the easiest difficulty.

Others - People with german knowledge, or someone who just has neat ideas for cosmetic game changes, someone I can bounce ideas off of, or has ideas for art replacements, map replacements, sound replacements, music replacements, minor code replacements, but can't do them.

Ok, this is the last call, anything that is not done or taken I will finish myself or have current team members do so we can release this soon. So this is your last chance to be part of the biggest, best, group mod ever.

I'm aiming to have this released at the latest sometime mid-march, but this date will be changed if need be.

Names I'd like to see on this mod:

Ripper (maybe one small code change even if it's just an easter egg)

Ack (one map, maybe a secret map) sorry if I blew my chance last time. Blush

Areyep (one graphic replacement in any category at least)

MCS (one small code change like ripper, maybe an easter egg)

TheJosh (maybe a map or one graphic replacement)

Dugtrio17 (cmon man! Something, maybe a *voice over* Wink )

Kyo Kusanagi (anything, you'd be willing to do yourself.)

Chris Chokan (I know you have to have some crazy idea for something)

I know you guys have your own mods your working on and don't necessarily have the time for any of this, but it would be neat to have you in the credits even if it was just a small addition. Not, trying to pressure you or anything. None of you have an obligation to join, this was just a request.

Thanks to all that help and have helped so far!

Last edited by Ringman on Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 13 Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to: