DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

What you can expect form ZuljinRaynor in the Future
Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
ZuljinRaynor
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 19

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:06 pm
   Subject: What you can expect form ZuljinRaynor in the Future
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Since Chief and Zero got one, so do I!

Spear Doomsday: Special Edition
Nothing too flashy. Just SDD running on a updated version of the SolidSpear Engine (SE will use 1.5) so you can expect some stuff from MGW to be in it. Also, expect up to 10 new maps.
Play as: B.J. Blazkowicz

Metal Gear Wolf
Metal Gear modifcation for SoD. It will run SolidSpear Version 2.0a and will include some new things. This will be a Metal Gear Solid tribute. Hopefully Majik will help me construct some interesting enemies for this one. Wink
Play as: Solid Snake

Metal Gear Wolf 2
Yes, I'm insane. All I got for this one is a title screen (well MGW also only has the title screen done.) It will sequal MGW and run on SolidSpear Version 2.0b.

Doomsday Reborn - Working Title
Nothing much, but this will be a sequal to Spear Doomsday and either be running a SolidSpear Version 3.0 (if the databytes can handle it) or on a new engine.
Play as: B.J. Blazkowicz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:10 pm
   Subject: Re: What you can expect form ZuljinRaynor in the Future
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

ZuljinRaynor wrote:

Metal Gear Wolf
Metal Gear modifcation for SoD. It will run SolidSpear Version 2.0a and will include some new things. This will be a Metal Gear Solid tribute. Hopefully Majik will help me construct some interesting enemies for this one. Wink

Metal Gear Wolf 2
Yes, I'm insane. All I got for this one is a title screen (well MGW also only has the title screen done.) It will sequal MGW and run on SolidSpear Version 2.0b.

I hope these can restore some sort of dignity that the original MGS mods took away. I have to admitt that those mods were just gawd awful Sick
ZuljinRaynor
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:19 pm

Yep, I hope to kill the remnats of that mod. This one will feature better graphics and it will be story based. I hope to implement some things that help you with sneaking.

If Majik helps me on this one, the look part of it will be done. I got a story that will be good for it. Expect interesting gameplay as well. Ocelot will shoot from a Colt. He will shoot 6 times, and then reload. He will do lots of damage. He will reload in one place and it will take him a while to reload. Mouth Shut Spoilers end. Very Happy
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

Topics: 81
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:02 am

I'm very much looking forward to the completion of the two MGW projects. The original Metal Gear mods that were featured on the Dome were substandard in the graphics department, and in my opinion, the gameplay department as well. I'd like to see Metal Gear given proper treatment in the Wolfenstein format, and I'm glad to be a part of that vision. It will also give me an excuse to finish making some of those Metal Gear themed bosses I've been puting up on the Image World. If you need anything else from me for this project, don't be afraid to ask...Very Happy

DieHard Guard

Topics: 24

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:37 pm

Speaking of stealth gameplay, I've just finished
making several maps ustilising stealth....there're no
source code changes, just stealth maps..

I could send you 'em....maybe they'd be the kind of
mapping you'd be after.

DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:06 pm

You could send them if you want.

zuljinraynor@gmail.com
-or-
profmichal@msn.com
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:20 pm

Speaking of Metal Gear characters (since you were talking about Metal Gear Wolf), here's my latest..."Fluid Snake"...bet you can't guess who he's based on...*lmao* He carries a FAMAS instead of the standard overused chaingun. It was okay for Raven, since he uses chainguns in Metal Gear, but I was trying for accuracy with my last several characters...anyway, back to topic...

DieHard Guard

Topics: 29
uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:47 pm

Thats well kool looks quite like him (isn't it liquid other than fluid snake) ! Im hoping that these MGS Mods stick to MGS 1 Story line because i really loved that game shame the seconds ruined it all (in my opinion) they just made that one gay! Mad are you going to create like tekkoden (cant spell it i dont think) intermission screens they looked sortof MGSish
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:04 pm

Hah...I always name my Metal Gear guys slightly differently...to avoid the slim chance of one of the creators of the original PS Metal Gear finding my page and telling me I violated copyright stuff. Like you, most other folks know who they really are, in spite of my clever name switching...

I never played any of the newer Metal Gears after MGS for the PS1, but I heard some of them weren't as good as MGS was...I never had any desire to play any others except for the fact that MGS has a loose end if you wait till the end of the credits that's always annoyed me (Ocelot's voice bit...)

I can't give you any info about the MGW games...I'm just doing sprites that might be used for them...but at least we're back on topic now...Very Happy

DieHard Guard

Topics: 29
uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:45 pm

oh right smart Razz...
Xarkon
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 18
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:01 pm

Yeah those names sound really cool. I'd like to see how they all turn out! Well done mate. Planning for the future.
Joel Corrigan Smile

DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:22 pm

@Majik You're my artist for Metal Gear Wolf. You will do the art. You have no options to say no. The only one is Yes! Razz Add a new section to the Image World; all the MGS character go there. (Just a suggestion. Razz )

@andy MGW will take place after MGS2 and will throw the story line around. Liquid will be back, and not Ocelot's arm.

[leak]Note: I have not played MGS2 but am aware of the story line. I'm getting my cousin to buy the game since in Poland it is avaible in stores for the PC. MGS3 will have nothing to do with MGW. Raiden will not be in MGW except for some storylines. Be aware that some Spear Doomsady story will be in this. MGW will be a distant time-wise sequal to SDD.[/leak] Mouth Shut
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:56 am

Laughing Well, I guess you leave me no choice. Interesting that you mentioned putting the MGS characters into a seperate section on the IW...that crossed my mind only yesterday, though I was thinking of also including any other characters based on video game characters (like Nemesis for example). I'll play with the idea a little bit more and see what comes of it. It might make it a little easier to find those things for newer visitors...Very Happy

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 56
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:30 am

You guys look like you may have something here. I was skepitcal at first but its not looking too bad. You may want to take a look at the first MG for the nes for ideas for maps. I loved that game. The MSX version also has some good looking sprites that may be useful as a base at least.

@Railstin: I heard you talking about these maps. Can I play them? Or are they now top secret? Sad My email is: 1sttriumverate@diplomats.com if you wanna send them to me. I won't steal them or anything I just wanna see. I'll give you C & C for them as well.

DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:41 am

Majik Monkee wrote:
Laughing Well, I guess you leave me no choice. Interesting that you mentioned putting the MGS characters into a seperate section on the IW...that crossed my mind only yesterday, though I was thinking of also including any other characters based on video game characters (like Nemesis for example). I'll play with the idea a little bit more and see what comes of it. It might make it a little easier to find those things for newer visitors...Very Happy

You can't wait to start the regular enemies. Wink And the guns. Wink And the Status Bar. Wink And the whining. Wink
Laughing

I just read your Psycho Man[tis] discription; you were going to make your own MGS mod?

I could give you a list now... but I am not starting MGW yet.
We are gonna need some unique bosses; not MGS based but their names can be. http://www.cloudspace.com/goodies/mgsnamegen/
BTW... how is the shotgun guard going. Laughing
ZuljinRaynor
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:09 am

The Title Screens!

FPS Action for it will not be classic way. It will be more like RTCW stealth missions.

Last edited by ZuljinRaynor on Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Metal Overlord
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 33
sweden.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:24 am

ZuljinRaynor wrote:
Majik Monkee wrote:

You can't wait to start the regular enemies. Wink And the guns. Wink And the Status Bar. Wink And the whining. Wink
Laughing

I just read your Psycho Man[tis] discription; you were going to make your own MGS mod?

I could give you a list now... but I am not starting MGW yet.
We are gonna need some unique bosses; not MGS based but their names can be. http://www.cloudspace.com/goodies/mgsnamegen/
BTW... how is the shotgun guard going. Laughing

"Your code name for this mission will be Catapult Squirrel" Laughing

Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:15 pm

I was going to do such a mod at one time, but I threw the idea out...mainly because I wasn't prepared to commit the time and effort it would have taken at the moment to make it great. I do have the time and effort to make bosses (and guns etc I s'pose) for the project, but as far as heading it myself, forget it...I'm glad you're doing it...

Those title screens look great...keep up the good work! Very Happy

DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:24 pm

Majik Monkee wrote:
I was going to do such a mod at one time, but I threw the idea out...mainly because I wasn't prepared to commit the time and effort it would have taken at the moment to make it great. I do have the time and effort to make bosses (and guns etc I s'pose) for the project, but as far as heading it myself, forget it...I'm glad you're doing it...

Those title screens look great...keep up the good work! Very Happy

Yep I'm doing it Very Happy ... like in 3 months hopefully I can start. I really am gonna have to work SDD big time to make up for time lost due to laziness. Then on New Year's Day... you'll be able to download it. Then I have to take it slowly to start MGW... Very Happy
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:03 pm

I think it's interesting that using maps in the style of (or basically just the same thing as) the maps from the original NES Metal Gear was mentioned. The original was very very solid game, and is still one of my favorites to this day...how would it feel to enter that environment from a first person perspecive? Some of the maps from Operation: Hundscheisse were maps from one of the Gameboy "Zelda" games, and knowing that made it very interesting for me to explore them (most of the maps and all enemy and object placement are original, though). The "sprite" set used in the original Metal Gear would be easy to duplicate...heck, the biggest part would be figuring out how to divide the original map into seperate levels, but I don't see that as being that big of a challenge.

Anyway, not meaning to let my mouth wander...but I did think that that suggestion merited comment. That's something to think about for a possible "mod" of MGW after it comes out if it doesn't use the concept...I think it's a "solid" idea...Very Happy

DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:04 pm

True... although I have never played MG or MG2: SS.
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:43 am

If you want my advice, you ought to play the first one some day just for fun. Be forewarned that you really have to appreciate it for the gameplay element, because the sounds and graphics are only so-so (though not too bad for the era in which it was made). The sequel to the original NES Metal Gear was only released in Japan to my knowledge, which really sucks...I'd have loved to have played it. Instead, I came across a horendous "sequel" that was released in the US instead called "Snake's Revenge", which stunk to high heaven (see my review of the game at http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/review/R55370.html if you're interested). I was totally confused when I played MGS for the first time, because it refers to events that happen in the actual sequel to the first Metal Gear, and sure as hell didn't occur in the crappy American sequel. Anyway, MGS was the last one I've played, and I never felt a desire to branch out past that...after a while, you start spreading story and characters too thin trying to milk them for sequels, and I thought Snake had his moment in MGS...why sully that wonderful memory with sequels that potentially suck?

Anyway, enough Metal Gear history...and I'm not saying at all that this mod is going to suck...hope you didn't get that from my post...Laughing

DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:12 am

I'll just have to the get the ole bad way from somewhere.

Hahaha. This mod will include elements from MGS2!!!!!! OMG!! Laughing
*edit* Erm... some trouble with getting the emus working so I don't think this can be done without me google-ing farther. Please don't help!
ZuljinRaynor
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:16 pm

Zero Wing - Yay! Another planned mod! So sad!
Okay this one will be where yo uplay as a ZIG fighter pilot guy. Sorta like Doom...
Zero X. Diamond
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 26
ussr.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:34 pm

Please God, let there be bad grammar.

DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:37 pm

You can expect 2 versions:
1. English
2. AYBEnglish
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 56
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:18 am

Zero wing would be better if you modded descent instead.

DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:09 am

Erm... I said it was going to be in English meaning real English. The other one will be just for fun..
Andy_Nonymous
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 99
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:13 pm

"Descent" is a 3-d fps game where you navigate tunnels in a ship. Ringman didn't express an opinion on whethter Zero Wing should be done decently, just that it would be better if you "modded" that game instead of Wolfenstein 3-D. Laughing

I think everyone wouild love the AYBEnglish version, though.

Andy
ZuljinRaynor
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:26 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Oh... I guess cause I never heard of it before. Razz Well, still it is only a thought to be ready for it in like 4-7 years depending how my SDD and MGW1/2 come out.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: