DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Unsteady movement
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Ripper
Code Master - Developer
Code Master - Developer

Topics: 21
blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:44 am
   Subject: Unsteady movement
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I don't know, if this happens only on my computer, but when ever I'm running forwards (why is PRESSING <rshift> walking? btw, <lshift> doesn't work here) and I press left or right BJ immediately stops running (say he starts walking) and I've got to press forward again to make him move as I want him to!
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 57
blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:32 am
   Subject: Re: Unsteady movement
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I have a similar problem on my computer, but it is not limited to EoD... it does this for me on every wolf3d game. I'll press the Shift buttons, and sometimes it will work, other times it won't (I guess it's like you said, it shuts off when you move left or right). It's kind of similar to when I press B-A-T, the combination only about once every 10 times I press it. I'm guessing it has something to do with how Windows configures/limits your keyboard; as for me it's definately an external issue.

What I've been doing for a long time, though, is using the "z" key for running instead. It works alot better. This might take a little while to get used to, but does using that key work any better for you Ripper? Think
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

Topics: 81
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:01 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Interesting. I know on my PC, with lots of games, that my computer will only "acknowledge" so many different keys depressed at once. I've experienced similar errors, but slightly less often since I use "K - L - ; - ' " as my action keys in the game. I wonder if perhaps it does have something to do with the use of specific keys...SHIFT has given me some trouble in some more modern FPS games I've used it for (like Dark Forces for example)...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:54 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

WTF? kidding!!

I don't have any problem with Right-SHIFT when I play wolfenstein 3d (any kind), it sound like you have some problems using Right-SHIFT while game is in VDMSound or DosBox.. I don't use either emulator for windows, I simple use plain DOS to run wolf3d without any problem while using R-Shift ... Rolling Eyes

Try boot to DOS indtead of Windows OS to see if problem is solved... But I don't know what kind of computer you are using...... it is worth to try... Wink
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: