DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Dosbox problem and will there be an editior's version?
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Conner94

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:45 pm
   Subject: Dosbox problem and will there be an editior's version?
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Firstly, I have lag in dos box. I have tried 2000 CPU cycles but once you get there the sounds mess up. Any help?

Also, will there be an editors version like in Spear Resurection (excuse me for my spelling)? I would love to add new graphics, levels, and other stuff to this Wink
KyleRTCW
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 45
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:39 am
   Subject: Re: Dosbox problem and will there be an editior's version?
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Quote:
Firstly, I have lag in dos box. I have tried 2000 CPU cycles but once you get there the sounds mess up. Any help?

No, first of all this is support for EoD, not Dosbox, and btw, EoD is not recommended you run in DosBox, the only time I use that is when I want to take screenshots. Otherwise I use VDMSound

Quote:
Also, will there be an editors version like in Spear Resurection (excuse me for my spelling)? I would love to add new graphics, levels, and other stuff to this Wink

Probably, but not for a looong time son, and btw, stuff like the wall switchs that control walls and turn on flame walls will be taken out because those features are coded in the EXE, the only possible way to make a fully fucntional EoD addon is if MCS releases the source and you got a 0 out of 0 chance of that happening becasue SOD2 source wasn't even released.

<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:29 am

KyleRTCW wrote:
Quote:

Probably, but not for a looong time son, and btw, stuff like the wall switchs that control walls and turn on flame walls will be taken out because those features are coded in the EXE, the only possible way to make a fully fucntional EoD addon is if MCS releases the source and you got a 0 out of 0 chance of that happening becasue SOD2 source wasn't even released.

Wow... and you know this because you've seen the source? Shocked Razz

I am surprised that even after all the talk on how different things can be controlled that you still think that everything has to be hard coded. Oh well, to each his own I guess (BIG GRIN). Mouth Shut

But, yes... If they do release an editors version it will be slightly different... it probably won't have the map compression Smile . As to when something like that might be released... I can't speak for what they have in store for it (I haven't been told yeah or nae on that one), but I would guess that it won't be any time soon... I think it was at least 6 months before they released the SoD2 designers kit.. So expect at least that...

As for the source? You're probably right on that one (speculation on my part)... At least you are in reguards to SoD2. Again, I can't speak for the future plans of EoD as I have not been privy to the conversations with reguards to the future.

Greg
BrotherTank

The probability of someone watching you is directly related to the Stupidity of your actions
&
The two most abundant things in the Universe are Hydrogen & Stupidity - H.Ellison

Which of those is more relevant to you??
KyleRTCW
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:39 am

BrotherTank wrote:
KyleRTCW wrote:
Quote:

Wow... and you know this because you've seen the source? Shocked Razz

lol? I know this stuff would probably be different becasue like The Tower TC the wall switchs for teleportation were taken out of the game for the editor's version :\

But let's say MCS does release the source code to selected people, that would be cool, I dream rgiht now of my own levels. and please tell me Areyep made these maps in Mapedit! I HATE floedit, chaos map editor ain't finished, I don't like WDC but it messed up my maps. Mapedit > ALL.

BrotherTank wrote:
But, yes... If they do release an editors version it will be slightly different... it probably won't have the map compression
Damn that's why I couldn't open it in Mapedit, or Floedit, Or WDC, but I was able to see the last challenge level in ChoasEdit :>

And the vswap is coded to not be opened, along with the music :O lol, I tried.
Besides, most all graphics are useless becasue they are in a different paletee cause I used swap decompiler form Darkone to extract the gfx Mad sry lol I tried.

<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:50 am

@Kyle:

No... the reason I said:

Quote:
Wow... and you know this because you've seen the source?

Was to be sarcastic because you were saying that in order for MCS/Areyep to release an "Editors" addition they would have to remove things from the code.... It sounds like you believe things are hard coded to certain places or levels... Hence my "Wow... and you know this because you've seen the source?" sarcastic comment... Smile

As for making your own levels... that is highly possible... but only if they release the kit... as I was saying... they will have to remove the map compression from the game so that people can edit the maps. The only other problem might be the secret levels.. as they could be hard coded... I haven't seen the source, so I can only speculate.

On the vswap and stuff... Isn't that neat? lol... evil grin... It's nice that they took the time to actually make it more difficult for people to get in and view the work they have done. This way they don't have to worry about certain graphics or sounds appearing in someones mod a few days/weeks/months from now...

And lastly... Yes, I believe that the maps were originally made in Mapedit.

Greg
BrotherTank
KyleRTCW
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:52 pm

Damn! I want to get into that VSWAP and see the leet graphics. Not to steal, before I take anything, I alway ask for permission. Becasue I hate it when someone gets into the situtation: You stole my gfx!, f you I borrowed them big deal, Big deal? I made them!

Oh Darkone... lol.

I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 13
uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:24 pm

Do the old.. stand next to a sprite and press print screen trick Smile Mr Green

I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 31
philippines.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:14 pm

KyleRTCW wrote:
Damn! I want to get into that VSWAP and see the leet graphics. Not to steal, before I take anything, I alway ask for permission. Becasue I hate it when someone gets into the situtation: You stole my gfx!, f you I borrowed them big deal, Big deal? I made them!

Oh Darkone... lol.

Then use XWE To open the VSWAP!!! Mr Green

I should be hanged for telling you this but I was able to snatch the slime walls and the guards that way. hehehe... Laughing Laughing Laughing

<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 163
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:30 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

BrotherTank wrote:
As for making your own levels... that is highly possible... but only if they release the kit... as I was saying... they will have to remove the map compression from the game so that people can edit the maps.

There's an alternative. The kit might be supplied with a map compressor/decompressor. But that's entirely up to the authors. Smile
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: