DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Wolfenstein Advanced - Feature Listing
Page 1 of 4 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:42 am
   Subject: Wolfenstein Advanced - Feature Listing
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Hi Guys/Gals...
Here's an almost complete list of what is in Wolf Advanced:

• More enemies. It has the standard Wolf3d set, but also includes:

1. Blue guard
    2. Green guard
    3. Gray guard
    4. Brown SS
    5. Bat from SoD Missions
    6. another Officer
    7. a Ceiling Turret (ala Blake).

• Breakable Columns - ala MCS
  • Exploding Barrels - ala MCS
  • Landmines

• 2 additional Weapons: Shotgun and Rocket Launcher.
  • 4 Seperate Ammo types for Shotgun, Chaingun, and Rocket Launcher (pistol and machinegun use same)
  • Only have Weapons Aquired - ie: if you pick up the chaingun, you don't automatically get the shotgun and machinegun.
  • Knife will kill guard when you sneak up on them
  • Each weapon has it's own strength
  • Weapon Bobbling - ala Dugtrio17
  • Crosshair Aiming (can be toggled on/off).

• 90 Wall textures that can be used anywhere
  • See through Doors & Walls - ala Darkone/BT
  • Animated Doors & Walls - ala Darkone/BT - Wall and Door animation are 3 frames. Also door frames (jams) can also be animated.
  • Ceiling/Floor Textures - ala Darkone/BT - 30 Textures included that are coloured based on the ceiling colour chosen for that level. ie: you have 30 textures for either ceiling/floor times the number of ceiling/floor colours included in the game (currently 90 choices), so there are 2,700 variations available.
  • Parallaxing Ceiling - ala Darkone
  • Rain/Snow effect - ala Ripper
  • Starry Sky/Cloudy Sky - ala Ripper
  • Elevators may now be placed in all 4 directions (previously switch had to be on east or west wall).
  • Lightshading effects - ala Darkone/BT - BT added Fog effects
  • Special God Mode Lighting - aka Doom - ala Darkone
  • Invisibility Mode (like Doom) - ala Darkone/BT
  • Ingame Messages -ala Darkone
  • Wall Patches - 30 predefined changable overlays - ala Adam Biser/BT
    Wall patches can be applied over any of the 90 walls, so you have again 2,700 combinations depending on the graphics you insert into the vswap.
  • Animated Sprites (2, 3, and 4 frame animations) - ala BT
  • Warping - ala MCS
  • Stamina & Player Speed change on weapon in use - ala Tek-ZK - BT Fixed
  • Ingame Timer - Tracks play time on level - also event timer onscreen that tracks time left before par time expires, god mode timer, light amplification timer (if using shading), and more.

• Backpacks - Can carry up to 4 - each one increases the amount of ammo you may carry.
  • Armour - Up to 100% body armour available

• Everything above is map controlled! Maps define:

1. Song Played for Level
    2. Ceiling Colour
    3. Floor Colour
    4. Ceiling Texture
    5. Floor Texture
    6. Rain/Snow
    7. Fog Level

The Ceiling Colour/Texture, Floor Colour/Texture,Rain/Snow, and Fog level can be set of each of the warped directions (North, South, East, West) plus the original starting area for each level.

8. Par Time for Level
    9. Times for Events such as Godmode, Invisibility, Light Amplification
    10. Best weapon to start Level with
    11. Secret Floor (if secret elevator on level)

12. Sprite Defines:

1. Blocking Define
      2. Blocking Hurt Define
      3. Hurting Define
      4. Random Hurt/Heal Define
      5. Bonus defines for Health
      6. Sprite Animation 2, 3, or 4 frame
      7. Bonuses at 100, 500, 1000, and 5000 point values

• Random Ambient Sounds
  • Thunder/Lightning affect
  • End Level Trigger
  • Automated Intermission Screens
  • Guard Blocking Define (guards can't cross)

• Customized Menus - aka - You now have a setup that allows the player playing the game to set options that affect the gameplay. ie:Enemies pick up bonuses (MCS), Bosses React to Sounds (MCS), Bosses always facing player (MCS)... Player Stamina, Player Speed by Weapon Chosen... etc...

Also a menu for enabling/disabling things like ceiling/floor textures, lightshading, weapon bobbling, frames per second counter, etc....

Will be available in 2 versions:

1. Wolfenstein 6 episode - 10 Levels per episode
  2. Wolfenstein 60 seamless levels

Note: Each version will have 2 exe's - 1 with Cloudy Sky and 1 without Cloudy Sky

And more to come... Providing I don't run out of Memory.

I do require a sprite graphic that would define the "Ivisibility" mode... I was thinking along the lines of a uniform of some type. So if you have a graphic that I can use... it would be appreciated.

Greg
BrotherTank
RichterBelmont12
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 97
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:18 pm
   Subject: Re: Wolfenstein Advanced - Feature Listing
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Shocked WOW Tons of Work

https://www.facebook.com/RichterBelmont123

https://twitter.com/Richterbelmont6
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:25 pm

There you are BT the robe of invisibility! You can animate it or something by making it bob up and down.

DieHard Guard

Topics: 24

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:51 pm

Hey, sounds just like what I'm after.
I suck at coding you see..... Laughing

canada.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:35 pm

Ringman wrote:

There you are BT the robe of invisibility! You can animate it or something by making it bob up and down.

Not bad Ringman... It's good... but I'm looking for something more of a uniform so that in at least Wolf3d... you would blend in with the other guards... thus becomming invisible... But your sprite would be great for something like C7... Smile

I'll keep it on file though... as I like it...

Greg
BrotherTank
MCS
Site Administrator
<B>Site Administrator</B>

Topics: 20
netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:48 am

Just curious.. How does this invisibility work gamewise?

I can imagine that you could go past guards who are either standing or patrolling without being noticed, but how about guards that are already in attack mode when the player grabs that artefact? Will they be put back into patrolling mode or something?
Also, will they still react on sound and/or proximity once you activated invisibility mode?

Nice work, BTW Mr Green

canada.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:27 am

MCS wrote:

When the player picks up the sprite, it triggers an event timer and sets the player mode to invisible. The weapon is drawn in what looks to be a moving gray mass (ala Darkone)... Basically, the player becomes invisible to the rest of the guards.

MCS wrote:
I can imagine that you could go past guards who are either standing or patrolling without being noticed, but how about guards that are already in attack mode when the player grabs that artefact? Will they be put back into patrolling mode or something?
Also, will they still react on sound and/or proximity once you activated invisibility mode?

Using a gamestate define it tells any of the enemies that when they try to find the player in line of sight, that he is not there. It doesn't have to change their modes.... just tell them that the player isn't in the line of sight... And of course the player can attack with ease.... Guards will still react to sound, changing their mode to attack.

MCS wrote:
Nice work, BTW Mr Green

Thanks... It's still ongoing... but I've nearly removed all the little bugs that I've found or created when merging/creating/editing all the code.

Greg
BrotherTank
lucky_foot
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Topics: 13
usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:46 am

WOW!

You have definently been busy. Smile How can you cram all that in without running out of space and getting the dreaded Abnormal Program Termination? Is deleting those Wolfhack.C whack_a.asm, etc. enough to allow that?

www.luckyfootproductions.jtworld.net
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:54 am

lucky_foot wrote:
WOW!

You have definently been busy. Smile How can you cram all that in without running out of space and getting the dreaded Abnormal Program Termination? Is deleting those Wolfhack.C whack_a.asm, etc. enough to allow that?

It takes much more than that. It takes things like using common statetypes for every enemy (where possible)... it takes redefining how values are stored in the game ... ie byte, int, long, etc.. It takes either removing the scalers (see Ripper's tutorial)... or changing the raycastor as I did (which effectively removes the scalers)... I still have almost 5000 bytes left in the dgroup with all of that installed....

I guess what it really takes is time to study the code... Actually figure out what it is doing... And then change it to do what you want it to do.

Greg
BrotherTank

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:14 pm

(Back again. Sorry I was a jerk and never e-mailed you back Ian. Some personal stuff came up and prevented me from getting on here)

BrotherTank, this engine will easily change the face of Wolf3d editing. Most excellent work. Heck, I'd pay money for this if you demanded. I do, however, have two questions.

How will I use the engine? Will it come with a custom made level editor, will it be a simple set of drag and drop menus that overwrite information on game files, or will it be a sort of "plug in" to either Chaosedit, WDC, or Floedit? If it is a plug in, will I need to define all the extras in the editor?

Next, will the extra enemies you're adding to the engine have any fundamental differences in gameplay or will they give just more variety to the standard characters?

Finally, I must insert three greedy requests here as well. I love how you're adding a shotgun and a rocket launcher, but could it be possible to add in a "flamethrower-type" weapon as well? What about a silencer to the SMG as a pick up? Finally, is overheating for any of these weapons coded in at all? It would be the prefect feature to balance out the Chaingun and/or flamethrower.

At anyrate, you're undoubtedly one of more generous members of the community for releasing this to the public. Thanks!
JackaL
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 30
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:12 pm

This sounds like one massively mean ass mod!!! Razz Cant wait to play it! I'd be lucky if I could do just some of that coding. Very Nice work! Respect!
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:47 pm

Fly_895 wrote:
BrotherTank, this engine will easily change the face of Wolf3d editing. Most excellent work. Heck, I'd pay money for this if you demanded. I do, however, have two questions.

Gee... Wouldn't that be nice... $$ ... Naw... it's a hobby..

Fly_895 wrote:
How will I use the engine? Will it come with a custom made level editor, will it be a simple set of drag and drop menus that overwrite information on game files, or will it be a sort of "plug in" to either Chaosedit, WDC, or Floedit? If it is a plug in, will I need to define all the extras in the editor?

Whoa... ok... Taking them one at a time...

You will use the engine the same as you do any other engine... Edit your own graphics/sounds etc.. and insert them into the game using whatever program you feel comfortable with.

There is no custom editor... as I've been trying to say (multiple times) everything that I have stated can be controlled in the game is done with the maps. It's as simple as if you want it to play song 1 on map 1... you edit the map accordingly... That is the feature idea in EoD that I came up with because every time Areyep wanted to change something on a level, MCS would have to edit the code and send him a new exe... Thus, we were talking about it and I suggested that he just use the maps to define things... Since then, MCS has developed his code for doing it, and I have for mine... Areyep loved it because he could make all the changes to the atmosphere of a level quickly and easily.... It's as simple as placing a value in the right spot on a map...

It will come with all the defines for mapedit (which is what I am currently using to edit maps), and you can modify the names of the items as you change the graphics. If you prefer to use WDC.. WDC comes with a converter to change mapedit definition files over to WDC format. For Chaosedit and Floedit, you will have to enter the items into the defines yourself.

Fly_895 wrote:
Next, will the extra enemies you're adding to the engine have any fundamental differences in gameplay or will they give just more variety to the standard characters?

Yes, the guards are all a little different.... Or should I say.. they get tougher .. ie: the enemy order is:

Brown Guard - Original
Blue Guard
Green Guard
Gray Guard
SS - Original
SS2
Officer
Officer 2
Mutant
Bat

The Blue guard is a little harder to kill than the brown... the Green a little harder than the blue and so on... up the chain... You will find certain guards may move as fast as an SS or Officer... If there is room in the code (memory wise), I will try and make it so that you can define the properties of the enemies seperately... But for now, they are hard coded items.

Fly_895 wrote:
Finally, I must insert three greedy requests here as well. I love how you're adding a shotgun and a rocket launcher, but could it be possible to add in a "flamethrower-type" weapon as well? What about a silencer to the SMG as a pick up? Finally, is overheating for any of these weapons coded in at all? It would be the prefect feature to balance out the Chaingun and/or flamethrower.

Yes, there is a silencer... it works with the pistol and the machinegun...
Flamethrower?? Probably not.. But never say never.. I'm working on turning the Motorbike tutorial into a jeep... so..
As for the overheating weapons... not really... unless you call random jamming weapons overheating... (again an option selectable on the setup menu).

Also... With the setup menu... Changing items like textures, sounds, messages etc... don't affect gameplay so those can be changed at any time in the game... But, the things like "Bosses Alert to sounds, Enemies pick up items... and such... Those will change the gameplay... Hence.. if you start a game with one setup... that is how the game remains for the remainder. Loading saved games will restore the setup that was chosen when the game was started.. So unless someone cheats by hex editing a savedgame, they aren't going to be able to change the way the game plays (and for Chris... I've set it so that any change where the checksum isn't equal to the checksum of the saved game triggers all items that affect gameplay to be turned on Smile )

Cheating is one of the things that MCS and I discussed while he was making the changes to EoD's code.. And I liked his ideas... So any editing of a saved game will strip the player of weapons, keys, points, etc.. and really make life difficult.

Anyhow... enough said for now... back to finishing up some other details in the game...

Greg
BrotherTank

The probability of someone watching you is directly related to the Stupidity of your actions
&
The two most abundant things in the Universe are Hydrogen & Stupidity - H.Ellison

Which of those is more relevant to you??

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:46 am

When do you plan to release this?
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:59 am

Conner94 wrote:
When do you plan to release this?

I hate to say this... But... When it's ready... There are still a few little issues that I would like to fix (not that they are broken, just I'd like to refine)... and of course I would love to be able to convert the directional sprites over to this as well (but the original tutorial is not compatible with the raycastor code that I am using)...

I'd like it to be soon... but I still have some beta testing to do on it as well...

Greg
BrotherTank
lucky_foot
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Topics: 13
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:07 pm

If you need any help betatesting I'm available. Smile

And your releasing the Engine? If that is true then WAY COOL! Smile

www.luckyfootproductions.jtworld.net
Mikey X
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 1
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:30 pm

Sounds cool Greg, good luck with the project. I like the variety in enemies cause you're not killing everything over and over again. And I have a question about the order of enemies, if they are faster, do they also take more shots to kill? Just wondering, about it. I was gonna ask about the bosses question but I better keep my mouth shut since I want to be surprised. Wink Other than that good luck with the project. Cool
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:40 pm

Let's see Mikey_X...

Did you read:

http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?p=28929#12

(4 posts above yours?)... ???

Greg
BrotherTank

Edit: Had to attach the signature in this case... Smile

The probability of someone watching you is directly related to the Stupidity of your actions
&
The two most abundant things in the Universe are Hydrogen & Stupidity - H.Ellison

Which of those is more relevant to you??

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:57 pm

I think this is great. Now I can make a mini mod quickly and still have tons of nice features! Also, I would love to beta test. I have a question though:

Can you also provide a specail exe, that can't change the gameplay stuff (jamming, enemys pickup stuff ect.) so the gameplay can be made however the creator wants it? That way if you don't provide the other exe's, the player plays the way the creator wanted it! If you don't get what I'm saying, it is the creator uses the main exes to set features, then the other exe reads them for the gameplay?
Zombie_Plan
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 101
australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:40 pm

lucky_foot wrote:
If you need any help betatesting I'm available. Smile

Conner94 wrote:
Also, I would love to beta test.

Wouldn't we all?

EDIT: Fixed quote error

Welcome to 2016, where DHW still thinks it is okay to ban the world's most popular email service provider, and I can't have an avatar over 10kb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:07 pm

Shocked I would love to get seamless 60 levels executable file instead of 6 episodes with 10 levels.
Why? 'cause I already tired of episodes to choose which to play.... Shrug

DAMN BROTHERTANK! -- Lots of features will blow the earth out of nowhere. Laughing
KyleRTCW
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 45
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:40 am

MCS wrote:

Nice work, BTW Mr Green

Lol, I attempted adding an invisbilty cheat before on my own
After I put it on:
Quote:
An actor in ATTACKMODE called SightPlayer!
Mr Green
BTW, nice game BT, I'm also looking forward to it Thumbs Up

DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:33 am

Still need any art requirements? Like the uniform thing? Any specific ideas? I could make it hanging on a wall and a graphic without it or it on a coat rack. Do you want it to be guard uniforms, SS, officer, or some generic in between sort of thing?

Just thought I'd ask.

canada.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:21 am

Ringman wrote:
Still need any art requirements? Like the uniform thing? Any specific ideas? I could make it hanging on a wall and a graphic without it or it on a coat rack. Do you want it to be guard uniforms, SS, officer, or some generic in between sort of thing?

Just thought I'd ask.

Yep... I could use some graphics.... Here's the list:

1) A sprite to be used to activate invisibility - preferably an SS uniform... maybe something in a black line with a yellow glow from the edges... doesn't have to be hooked on anything, but should be a combination of pants, jacket, and hat... I'd like the invisibility to work like a disguise... Ie: you put on the uniform and you can walk past guards, bosses, anything...

Side note: The way this feature is set up is that if the guards aren't active, they truely can't see you when you pass. Now, if they are in attack mode... they will start tracking you down, but will not shoot until they are close enough to recognise you... Smile

2) I could really use a set of 3 sprites to use for the "Jeep" (motorcycle) replacement weapon. ie: from the players vantage point he would see the windscreen, part of the dash, part of the hood, and either 1 or 2 of the players hands on the wheel. First sprite is player driving straight. Second is player turning wheel left, and the third would be the player turning the steering wheel right.

To create this weapon sprite set, the best way to describe it is sit in any vehicle and look out the windshield forward... and that is what I need... Only with a Jeep the top would be off..

3) If spriteset for jeep can't be done in a 64x64 image, then I can enable the highres weapons portion of the code. In doing so, I will be needing highres replacement sprites for the weapons I will post in the "Image Gallery".

That's about it for now... Maybe if someone wants to create a sprite for the silencer, that fits the weapons (pistol and machinegun use same silencer) that would be of some help...

Greg
BrotherTank
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:35 am

The jeep definitely sounds like a challenge I'm willing to take. I wanna try doing it sans high res because I'd really like to see if I can pull it off. I'll let you see any results I get.

Question? Can I touch the edges of the frame? If you don't have that implemented, then don't worry about it, Just wondering.

Good luck with the project, sounds like it's worth waiting for.

DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:07 pm

Not to spam your topic or anything BT, but I had to show this off and it does relate:

BJ: Ah pulled over for driving in a no driving dungeon again! Not Happy

Anyway, this is what I was talking about the jeep graphics. It'd be cool to display them like this. If this is possible the graphics are completed. Laughing

canada.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:30 pm

Yes... that is very much along the lines I was thinking... looking at it... it's using hires weapons then... It might work... I'd have to install it and see what it does in the engine...

Greg
BrotherTank
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Topics: 186

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:18 am

Last edited by Thomas on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:16 am

As you can see they'd have to be stretched 3 times their normal width to fit the whole screen, but they do currently fit into a 64x64 space.

Anything else that needs to be done with them? The color ok? The layout alright? Wanna rate em on a scale of 1-10 Razz

canada.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:17 am

The graphics are very good... The angle of perspective is off slightly... but I think I can do something with them. As with some of the things Leo has done for me, I take parts of graphics and cut and past until I like the desired effect. In this case, I love the hands and the steering wheel... So... I've already started the transformation... I'll post the results to show you what I've done...

A big thanks though...

Greg
BrotherTank
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Topics: 186

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:17 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Last edited by Thomas on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 4 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to: