DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Dawn of the not so dead. The story behind Dead Reckoning
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Tale Tellers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Sporb2000
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 19
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:43 am
   Subject: Dawn of the not so dead. The story behind Dead Reckoning
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Since the original release of DR demo1 i have developed the stroy a little more so that it follows a coherent path. Heres an overveiw of the story line , tell me what you think.

Theres was a small town out in the wop wops that no one really cared about. there were about 300 residents who lead plain boring lives as farmers. Over time the land was stripped of nutrients and it began to turn to dust. Then , on a rather nasty stormy night , an above average deluge causes a flood which cleans the land of all the eroded soil. when the flood waters subside they take the soil with them to reveal a huge spire like structure jutting from the ground. The Folks of the town very rarely experianced any exitement so it's only natural that they all stumble down into the mud choked paddock in which the spire resides. They decide to excavate the spire only to find a network of buildings which seem to be the buried remains of an ancient city. Due to the lack of dependable phone lines the people of the town are unable to contact any other civilisation. The excavation of the Ancient city moves at a startling pace as the townsfolk work day and night. After many weeks of work the Ancient city has been released from it's prison of dirt. Several uneventfull days pass as the people try to decide what to do with their discovery but with the phone lines still down, little is decided upon. About the same time as the final buildings of the Ancient city are being uncovered a spate of reports concerning bizzare happenings around the area begin to arrie at the local police department. Several townsfolk report disturbing and clearly inhuman screams eminating seemingly from underneath the ground. Other townsfolk file reports of horrific livestock mutilation. One report even tells of an implausibly tall being stalking a man from the shadows as he left the local tavern. After a week of bizzare happenings around the area a huge discovery of an immense and previously buried structure reach the local news rag. The story asserts that the building can not be completely excavated as it appears to lie below the surface of the Ancient city. A mining team is sent to bore theri way into the structure , and after an initial day of success the team is trapped as their shaft collapses in on itself. Due to the lack of communication, the mysterious happenings around the small rural town go unnoticed by the neigboring cities. The township and all its citizens are forgotten.
A month or so after the initial loss of communication a stranger arrives at the town only to find that everyone has dissapered. After a thourough look around the deserted town he is startled by a series of bizzare and disturbing screams that eminate from the local police department. The stranger makes his way to the building and finds a man being ripped to peices by a huge hulking bear. The stranger quickly grabs the nearest weapon (in this case a thermic lance) and trys to save the victim of the vicious attacking bear. He proceeds to kill the bear as the thermic lance he attacks with malfunctions and discharges its entire energy cell in a blazing and lethal burst. It's too late to save the man being attacked but he is able to tell the stranger about the uncovered Ancient city and of what thay had found locked deep inside the spire. He is told that the dead have begun to rise near the towns cemetary known as the underearth and that somthing has broken through from it's prison into the local cathedral. Before the dying man can elaborate he shudders and slips away. Gripping the thermic lance the stranger leaves the police department and heads toward the cemetary. He decides that if there are more people here he may need to help them.

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 101
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:15 am
   Subject: Re: Dawn of the not so dead. The story behind Dead Reckoning
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Very interesting, this gives a bit more body to an already outstanding game.

Welcome to 2016, where DHW still thinks it is okay to ban the world's most popular email service provider, and I can't have an avatar over 10kb
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:07 am

Whether this story will be enough for your game will determine whether you'll continue the story only after the game is beaten, or tell bits of the story throughout the game.

If it's the latter, I'd suggest adding a bit more mystery to the story. Like - "You notice one of the slaughtered victims has a glowing green symbol cut into his skin." Later in the story - "You eventually notice that the freshest kill of each slaughtered group you find has a glowing green symbol marked on it, and that the symbol is different each time. You wonder what this might mean, and if it can tell you where the vicious predators might strike next."
Sporb2000
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:19 pm

im gonna leave it on a cliff hanger (end of full version) so i can make a second. The story above is an overveiw though , there are intermissions between each level that tel a bit more story - and you never know whats gonna happen in the end Wink

DieHard Wolfer

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 10:03 pm

You dont see too many Wolf mods that go out on cliff hangers. Most simply end, then the sequel takes on a whole new story.

Once again, gr8 work Sporb.
Sporb2000
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:28 am

OMG , DH , your in Oz. YAY , i finally found somone (apart from Jackal) from my corner of the planet Mr Green and thanks dude , We aim to please. Im writing the maula for DR so if anyone wants a copy keep yer eyes peeled @ the dome

DieHard Wolfer

australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:58 pm

What format will the Manual be? Will it be doc, txt, htm? I am asking because, if you want, I can make it a pdf file, so it cannot be editted. How bout it?
Sporb2000
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:23 am

That'd Be Excellent DH , your too kind Geek - i'll send ya a copy when i get it done

DieHard Wolfer

australia.gif

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:30 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Cool. glad I could help!
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Tale Tellers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: