DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Breaking news about Corridor 8!
Page 2 of 3 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Other Wolf3d Based Games View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Mishran
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 5
blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:31 pm
   Subject: Re: Breaking news about Corridor 8!
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

The 58 pages of documentation is now online. Head over to the download page on my site to get them. I had to decrease the detail to make it a reasonable download size. All text and pictures are still very readable. The docs are split up into three files. The first file contains the details of the game as well as concept art of the weapons and objects in the game. Second contains concept art of the Allied characters and the third is for the Axis alien art.

After reading through these papers, I feel that this might have been the game that could have saved Capstone and Intracorp. There are some excellent ideas embedded in these pages and am sad to see them unused for so long. Definitely worth looking at so download this, people! Download it!

Check out my Corridor 8 Overview
Adam Biser
Utility Developer
Utility Developer

Topics: 46
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:32 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

ChiefRebelAngel wrote:
Use Dosbox???

Yeah, or VDMSound... I think it bombs due to sound issues.

DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 28
blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:07 pm

Jesus, I just checked out the pdf. files. The human character designs were really solid, especially the highly armored ones. I could transform these babies into pixelized glory. One thing I've always hated about the Capstone build games was the use of 3d models turned into bitmaps for the bad guys (or playdoh as in Witchhaven, or badly scanned photos of people ala TekWar). They are too "high-rez" yet still lacking detail, and they don't match the environment/lighting/pixelization.

I'd make the sprites much bigger than those of wolf (of course), probably around the same size as the Doom chrarcters.

I'll try to draw up some samples, and I'll post them here, you guys can compare them to the pdf concept drawings. Tell me what you think...

I like some of the weapon designs, but once again, the bitmapped shots of 3d model renderings looks really bland imo. Maybe I'll try to do a nice high(er) rez C8 weapon.

*edit*
Looking at the aliens, some of them look amazing, but I think some of the original enemies could be brought back, they looked kind of cartoony, kind of psychotic. They would need to be redrawn and updated big time to look more menacing. Although we can let those horrid "eye ball" things die and be forgotten.
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:10 pm

Mishran wrote:
Tricob wrote:
Not having any luck downloading Corridor 8. The connection keeps losing the data for some reason, even though I haven't been disconnected. Shrug

I just attempted downloading the file and had no problem. Even tested the zip structure and everything was fine.

Probably the time of day that I'm downloading it. I'm stuck with dial-up, and it only works well past 7 PM down here. I guess I'll have to wait until this weekend to check it out.
andy3012
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 29
uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:08 am

Hey this is very much like doom lol. I like the graphics of that shotgun weapon... Theyre Very nice. We should get a group of people all working on this game. Rather than have Individual people work on it I think we should try and finnish it all together. If we all tried hard enough we might just finnish it to how capstone had origionally planned it to be...
Zombie_Plan
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 101
australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:23 pm

Back up the top, I said if a mod of this is done, i would like to contribute, I could write the storyline for it ifthere are no objections?
andy3012
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

uk.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:48 am

Best to get the game done first unless you mean to finnish the game, then i think theyre already a story line, but i havn't fully read the manual that came withit...
ChiefRebelAngel
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:21 pm

Deathshead wrote:
Back up the top, I said if a mod of this is done, i would like to contribute, I could write the storyline for it ifthere are no objections?

If everyone is assigning themselves roles, I should as well. I'll be doing the weapons. I'll post the tri-barrelled shotgun later today or tomorrow. Characters/sprites/pickups and wall textures are something I'd be interested in doing as well.
Sporb2000
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 19
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:19 pm

me too - ill do ... nothing Rolling Eyes

be sure to organise yourselves properly else it'll all go to hell. Hopefully when it's done it'l be cool

DieHard SS

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:47 pm

Here's the tri-barrelled shotgun. The end of the barrel will rotate like the black one from Corridor 7. This is a work in progress, the final version will be much better. Notice the hand is just a rough sketch. I need to draw gloves which are appropriate to the original character design.

I covered it in annoying watermarks because I don't want to spoil any surprizes. Wink
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:58 pm

That gun art is darn good work, Chief. I think Majik Monkee might have some competition ... Very Happy
ChiefRebelAngel
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:49 pm

Tricob wrote:
That gun art is darn good work, Chief. I think Majik Monkee might have some competition ... Very Happy

Thanks man.

I'm not really here to compete, I just like to add my own perspective/creativity to the scene. Majik is an excellent artist, probably the best sprite-maker around, up there with the likes of Areyep. His Star Wars project is amazing!

I've got a few more basic weapons ideas laying around, being inspired by those C8 design docs. I'll post more images as I work on them. If we can all come together and work out a development plan, I'll give way more attention to this project. In the meantime, I'll be finishing up some weapons for somebody I promised long ago WSJ, and finish up those damn Helvete sprites!!
andy3012
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:30 am

Holy Crap, how the hell do you draw so well, Or what do you use to draw those images in?

Well seeing as i got alot of spare time on my hands, i guess I could do a few sprites i.e items etc. I can also do a bit of progamming and maybe a few maps. What we really need is a site, where we can organise everything, well i site with a forum... Im guessing that Mishran will most probably be project leader as he knows more than us.

Last edited by andy3012 on Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Hair Machine
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 8
uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:44 am

BANG! BLAM! BOOOOOM!

DieHard Guard

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:56 pm

The design docs said that all the sprites (not weapons) were to be 3d (3DS) so i was touching up a bit with using 3d programs and i made both human access card. which arn't very good, and were done in minutes each, but i fort i could show, just for the hell of it lol. They arn't really textured only coloured, but if you flick to the 1st part of the design docs and go to the items bit nearer the bottom you should see a resemblance

http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/album_page.php?pic_id=149&sid=e7ca3fac8dbe0e5b941af959ba675131

Heres one it kinda looks like my video camera lol... Obviously it still needs work lol but heres a ruff idea of what it should look like anywhom...

http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/album_page.php?pic_id=148&sid=e7ca3fac8dbe0e5b941af959ba675131

Heres the other one, this one looks worse than the above because its the first time ive attempted trying to do 3D stuff in a few years (before i started wolfing basically) its untextured, at a crap angle so you can't see it too good and the background is dark also. It looks kinda like an ammo clip lol
Mishran
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:16 pm

andy3012 wrote:
Im guessing that Mishran will most probably be project leader as he knows more than us.

Knows more than you about what? I'm no good at creating sprites, I am terrible at creating levels in build, and my ability to work with code is nada. Your better off looking elsewhere for a leadperson, because I'm definitely not your guy. I'm just good at finding things people want... Cheesy Grin People wanted Corridor 8, so I found and delivered. Well, Les did most of the finding, I'm just the messenger boy. Shrug

Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:54 pm

Quote from andy3012:

>Heres one it kinda looks like my video camera lol... Obviously it still needs work lol but heres a ruff idea of what it should look like anywhom...

I actually like this one better than the former image. It's designed much like a cartridge, and that's very appropriate for a keycard. I recommend you stick with this image.
andy3012
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

uk.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:18 am

wow somebody likes my work Shocked... Thanks Tricob Cheesy Grin

@Mishran i meant you prob know more about corridor 8 than us lot. Plus seeing as your capstone fannatic you might guide the people making the game closer to the origional design docs rather than going completly off the idea capstone wanted. You don't have to make anything, but seeing as your site is kinda cool you could be a web master also...

Just an idea by the way if this game does go under development one thing that is a must have for this game is jetpacks. They are so great and are right for this game. Another thing i think would be quite cool would be something like where you drive in veicles (however its bloody spelt) like in halo you could code it faily easy seeing as shadow warrior source is now out.

edit: i also forgot to mention that i have 3 exams left Smile maths tommorow, science the day after and next week tuesday history than im a freeman except for goin out and working etc. But i will work on corridor 8 as much as i can... But first we need to get organised...

Double Edit: Ok now this is what i think the access cards should look like, its not finnished and the texture isn't final but what dya think anyway?

http://pictures.dugtrio17.com/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=&pos=0

thanks to dugtrio17 for his image thingy its cool

C&C if you wish
Zombie_Plan
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 101
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:22 pm

Andy, that last card is kewl.
And Cheif, that gun is wikid.

Um, don't know bout every1 else, but I'm a bit disappointed with their prototype. Its basically Doom Nukem. It's a bit sad. The only thing I liked was the shotgun. I wish that they'd put abit more detail into it, even if it's only a prototype. Looks like every1 has got some work to do to make this work.
andy3012
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:15 am

They did say that you can't expect anything much from the prototype. Not even a full mission, I'm sure alot of people are dissapointed, but i think its quite cool...
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:57 pm

andy3012 wrote:
Double Edit: Ok now this is what i think the access cards should look like, its not finnished and the texture isn't final but what dya think anyway?

Looks cool to me. Rock on. Cool
Mishran
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:32 pm

Deathshead wrote:
Um, don't know bout every1 else, but I'm a bit disappointed with their prototype. Its basically Doom Nukem. It's a bit sad. The only thing I liked was the shotgun. I wish that they'd put abit more detail into it, even if it's only a prototype. Looks like every1 has got some work to do to make this work.

It wasn't meant to look good... the idea of the prototype was to test new ideas that were being added into the game. Do to what Les told me, I knew what to expect before even checking out the prototype. Sure, it would be great to see more in the game, but it wasn't designed, in it's current state, to be release for public viewing. So why, in the designer's point of view, worry about it looking pretty?

andy3012
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:10 am

In my opinion I think the prototype is cool, it reminds me of playing doom and duke nukem at the same time Razz ...

heres something else i've fixed up, i got a 4 day weekend, then i got my final exam and then im free to make more for corridor 8. obviously im only showing what the items could look like. Anywhom its a box of Remmington Shells.

http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/album_page.php?pic_id=150

Ok its got no shells in it, and the texture is pants plus its rather chunky but tell me what you think of it...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:25 am

I'd me more than happy to help out. I can give you a couple of ideas right now, so listen up....

A level on a spacecraft would be very good. A human one and an alien one.

Intregate a pistol into the game. Taser is there, yes, but a real pistol. Also an assault rifle would be pleasing, no giant chaingun. Try to be a little realistic. I would also like to think that there would be a protoype of laser blaster the humans would have developed.

I'll check out the doc, and give you more ideas. I would gladly join the team to provide sound effects and weapons help.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:07 pm

Corridor 8, eh? heh heh heh Smile I see some potential with it. Especially using a Build engine.
Metal Overlord
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 33
sweden.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:59 am

I deeply hope that this will turn out better than Corridor 7. It prolly will, since alot of the famous people here on the forums are in the project. Smile
If you guys need any help with the project, send me a pm or two.

andy3012
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:54 am

I don't think anybody is actually finnishing it off, if we could get an official team and a website dedicated to Corridor 8, than maybe more work could be going on. I would be more than willing to do skins, 3D renders etc.
Ringman
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 54
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:46 am

Is there a download for the source yet? Maybe I'm late on this. I wanna see what's available to play around with so I can try my hand at some levels here and there.

DieHard SS

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:35 pm

andy3012 wrote:
Holy Crap, how the hell do you draw so well, Or what do you use to draw those images in?

I use a little known graphics program called GrafxII. It is simply a Delux Paint II clone, but with better layout/features (imo). There are two versions: The dos version and Windows 98/XP version. I use the dos version (it's still compatible with XP). Just do a google search, you can find it easy. It's freeware.

I've been drawing since as far as I can remember. The first drawing I remember successfully completeing (and being proud of) was a crayon drawing of Cobra Commander on my wooden toy box, and a pencil drawing of Big Foot (the monster truck).

Yeah, I ruled as a kid.

*edit* I don't use any real tricks to draw my graphics, just pixel by pixel all the way. The only tools I use are copy and paste, a crude lasso tool (grafx II), flood fill and the straight line thingy. I love this low-rez stuff, but after Helvete, Attila and a secret collaboration (I helping someone out with a monster of a TC), I'll be moving on to full blown movie quality cg and hand-drawn classical animation. Here's the school I'll be attending this fall: http://animation-baa.sheridaninstitute.ca/index.cfm?catg_id=0 It's the best animation school in Canada, if not all of North America.
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:06 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Chief - You might want to visit DONBLUTH.COM for additional information on professional animating. Don Bluth Ltd. also released a book that gave an exhaustive oveview of the animation process.

To those who don't know, Don Bluth Ltd. was responsible for such animated movies as An American Tale, The Secret Of NIMH, and The Land Before Time.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Other Wolf3d Based Games View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 2 of 3 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: