DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Corrider 7?
Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Other Wolf3d Based Games View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Zach
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 30

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:50 am
   Subject: Corrider 7?
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

What is this game? I have never heard of it in my life. Is it any good? Does it have a storyline. The avators in the gallery make it look like some kind of space shooter. Just any info would be nice.
Martin
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 8
poland.gif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 9:43 am
   Subject: Re: Corrider 7?
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

It's from Capstone games. I don't like it. Shading makes the game very dark, stupid monsters and weapons. Feeh. But the musics aren't bad.

<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:04 am

Zach Attack wrote:
What is this game? I have never heard of it in my life. Is it any good? Does it have a storyline. The avators in the gallery make it look like some kind of space shooter. Just any info would be nice.

Hi Zach..

I took some time and gathered up the manual for C7 (off the original CD) and posted the storyline and some of the features. I didn't give it all away, but lets just say the game is interesting.

If you haven't played it, it is something that you should look to try. Some people like the game, others, maybe because it was in the time of Wolfenstein didn't like the concept. I actually enjoy playing it, as is very well designed and has some interesting features.

Hope that helps...

Greg
BrotherTank

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 7:34 pm

I really enjoyed playing Corridor 7. Unlike in Wolfenstein, there's a wide variety of weapons and enemies. I think that variety is a very important thing to have in a computer game. That way, the player is kept interested. I think Corridor 7 actually did a good job of this.

Even though it has nothing to do with Wolfenstein in terms of concept, Corridor 7 has actually inspired me in my game-design career. I felt lucky to have been able to play it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:22 pm

Remember playing Chokage with Corridor 7 music? Very Happy
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

Topics: 80
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:16 pm

I played the demo for Corridor 7. It's actually pretty interesting. Very similar to Wolf3D, with some different concepts like panels where you can get power ups, booths where you can recharge your health to a certain extent, aliens that disguise as plants, and a variety of other strange enemies. It is a pretty dark environment throughout the demo at least, and the aliens seem a little cartoony, but they are well drawn I suppose for their time. For some reason, this game flew under the radar when it came out, but if I had a chance, I'd probably play through the full version just to see what there was to see. The concept is about an alien invasion of earth...it's up to you to stop them...pretty basic... Very Happy

Code Master
Code Master

Topics: 49
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:52 pm

I played the demo, and I kinda liked it, so I played the full version at my friend's house and...
Damn.
It was nothing like the demo. The atmosphere was great, but no action... I liked the demo better.

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:54 pm

Haha...that's a first...I thought in the Wolf3D and SOD demos that they withheld all the best stuff from them...hard to imagine things going downhill in Corridor... Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:03 pm

The levels in the registered version made a lot more sense than the one in the demo. I liked the registered version better... but then again, I played the registered one first...
thejosh
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 4

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:10 am

Just tried the demo, and it was actually kind of fun. Plenty of cool effects, and I liked the monster that disguised itself as a plant Laughing that was nice. It was kind of dark, but I think that was good for the atmosphere they were trying to set. I wish I would've known about this game sooner Confused

I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 8
poland.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:06 am

Here's what the Underdogs write about it:
Quote:

Capstone once again rose (sank?) to their notoriety as one of the worst game developers in history with this awful Wolfenstein 3D clone. Even id Software's celebrated Wolf 3D engine can't save Corridor 7 from being a very poor clone that looks even worse than Wolfenstein 3D, the predecessor of DOOM. Just about everything that could possibly go wrong in a 3D shooter *does* go wrong in Corridor 7 -- terrible graphics, boring levels, and extremely monotonous gameplay that forces you to shoot ugly, heavily pixellated aliens over and over again. A Real Dog, without any redeeming quality that makes it worth your while. Really NOT recommended, unless you are masochistic, that is Wink

Yeah... heh. So you know.[/quote]

I am Death Incarnate

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:49 pm

awww, that's kind of harsh. Basically though, the features are cool, I guess the game itself is kind of weak. But I still enjoyed it Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:06 pm

Quote:

Capstone once again rose (sank?) to their notoriety as one of the worst game developers in history with this awful Wolfenstein 3D clone. Even id Software's celebrated Wolf 3D engine can't save Corridor 7 from being a very poor clone that looks even worse than Wolfenstein 3D, the predecessor of DOOM. Just about everything that could possibly go wrong in a 3D shooter *does* go wrong in Corridor 7 -- terrible graphics, boring levels, and extremely monotonous gameplay that forces you to shoot ugly, heavily pixellated aliens over and over again. A Real Dog, without any redeeming quality that makes it worth your while. Really NOT recommended, unless you are masochistic, that is Wink

What a crock o' SCHEISSE! Laughing Seriously, it was a pretty good game at the time it was made...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:31 am

Hi, first post here, been looking on and off for a forum with people that have Corridor 7. Although i was looking for a corridor 7 site instead of the hundreds of wolf3d sites that exist. Which kinda ment i got nowhere. Laughing

Quote:
I played the demo, and I kinda liked it, so I played the full version at my friend's house and...
Damn.
It was nothing like the demo. The atmosphere was great, but no action... I liked the demo better.

Corridor 7's earlier levels on Corporal difficulty were almost empty of aliens, only getting decent numbers towards the end of the game. The first level for example only had 4 of the most basic aliens over a huge area. Laughing

On Major difficulty the levels have a lot more aliens with as much as 50 on level 4 for a level with no large expanses. (It doesnít help that a group of 4 of the more advanced ones can come out of nowhere and kill you in under a second at some points). And the later levels make this look tame. Shocked

Once one gets past level 10 then the amount of aliens almost becomes too much at higher difficulties (it's actually becomes a challenge), and once you start meeting the bosses you'll be wishing you had of chosen a easier difficulty setting. Cool

The last level even on easiest makes even the hardest levels on wolf3d look easy. Cool

Iíve only got the Disk version though that I bought over 9 years ago i think Sad , which only has 30 levels and 5 weapons, the CD version I hear has 9 weapons and over 40 levels. Shocked
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:47 am

I did notice that the level in the demo featured like four different types of enemies, though some of them you only saw like once...but that's a lot more variation in the first level than some games offer...I did notice the very dark environment too...that was a real killer because the shading kept me from seeing those dang eyes with guns on several occasions...I didn't like Corridor the first time I played it, but it grew on me after playing through the demo a few times... Smile

I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:04 am

Majik Monkee wrote:
I did notice the very dark environment too...that was a real killer because the shading kept me from seeing those dang eyes with guns on several occasions...

I noticed that too, but it was somewhat made up for with the mines, I just planted them in door ways as I passed through them, because those eyes kept following me everywhere Mad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:04 am

The Demo level is not in the full game unlike most games which is intresting, makes keeping the demo worthwhile even if you do get the full game. Smile

I hope trench warfare has mines like in C7, that would be excellent
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:09 am

That's an interesting idea...doing a demo that is not one of the levels of the final set...that way, when you do get the whole thing, nothing's been lost, and aside from the fact that you've experienced the dynamics and weapons in the demo, you still don't know what to expect level wise when you start the game. If my hands weren't full with the actual levels in the TC I'm working on, I'd have given this a try...guess the folks at Corridor 7 deserve more credit for innovation than I'd given them... Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:14 am

Considering how good C7 is and how many people have it im surprised there are 0 sites for it, which is kind of sad. Sad

Unless someone actually has a site for it, impress me. Wink
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:19 am

I'm the type of person who likes to see and read as much as I can about a game, before and after I've played it...after I played the demo to corridor 7, I was like, "Cool! What else does it have to offer?" Well, I was never able to find out, because as you said, there's nothing on the web about it anywhere I can find. It seems to me this game got like no advertising when it came out, and the only way I discovered the demo was because it was on a cd with 100 other shareware games on it...I saw it once in the store after that, but that was it...it's a VERY underrated game...that's for sure...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:23 am

I've checked and my disk version after install and zipped is 2.4 MB while off abandonware sites its 1.2 MB Shocked . So im not sure weather there versions diffrent because all the install does is get the files out of a zip file itself, in 2 full disks. which with the setup comes to what i have.
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:28 am

Wierd. You'd think that the same files would be needed for the same game, no matter where it came from. Maybe there are added features you don't know about in your version Smile (though I slightly doubt it). I didn't realize that Corridor 7 was abandonware...of course, I also didn't know there was a PC version of Noah's Ark 3D, but that's another story. If you want real answers to where the differences are, just install both the downloadable version and your original and do a comparative analysis of the files...assuming you have plenty of time on your hands...Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:38 am

The file size looks almost exactly like the demo and therefore means it proberbly is. Rolling Eyes

what I have also found is this which speaks of Capstone making Corridor 8 just before they sank in late 1996 meaning Corridor 8 never got past the drawing boards. Sad

Quote:
There were two games that were about to be released by Intracorp in 1996 : Fate (that had a public demo, the game looked very promising IMHO) and Corridor 8 (sequel to Corridor 7, no demo, no screenshots, just rumours). What happened to that games and to Capstone & Intracorp companies in 1996 ?

There was a big push to expand the company. We had purchased 360 creaters of Harpoon, and we were outsourcing titles for development like never before. The company grew 10 fold in just one year it seems in the attempts to initally go public. I think all of the financial resources went in making this happen so when it went belly up the company took a big hit. At first about half the employee's were let go but there was a still a focus of moving forward, thus Fate and Corridor 8 were being developed. There really wasn't enough man power to do both games and since Fate was farther along there was more of a focus to have a demo to pimp for financial backing. A single player only version of Fate was the final game Capstone would make before sinking into the sea. Its a shame really, seeing all the talent go to waste because a few bad decisions, but thats all in the past and I learned from those mistakes.

Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:44 am

Does this mean that we should start searching for the lost "Corrider 1 thru 6"? It's amazing how many games like this have sequels projected that never come through...I understand the sequel mentality, though...it's very strong when you make a good game...too often, though, it leads to an inadaquete sequel, and dissapointed fans...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:51 am

Even if there were Corridors 1-6 it is most lickly they never got out of the orginal creators mind, Unfortunatly Corridor 8 has even less webspace than Corridor 7 was has none, Not even a vague storyline is left now. Sad

It might be a good idea to see how many people here have what versions of corridor 7 to see if its worth even thinking about creating Corridor 8. Idea

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 5:48 pm

Majik Monkee wrote:
That's an interesting idea...doing a demo that is not one of the levels of the final set...

After observing the layout of the demo level, I got the impression that the whole level was designed around the purpose of demonstrating the different features in the game, such as the enemies, "Access" computers, weapons, etc. The levels in the registered versions are structured as normal levels. They have purposes relating to the theme/plot of the game. That's probably why Capstone didn't include the demo level in the full version.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:27 pm

FluidicSpace wrote:

It might be a good idea to see how many people here have what versions of corridor 7 to see if its worth even thinking about creating Corridor 8. Idea

I'd like to see someone create a sequel to Corridor 7. Maybe part of the story could be that one of those invisible Enirams on level 30 managed to escape undetected, and then came out of hiding to re-open the vortex, letting out another wave of alien soldiers.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:19 am

Quote:
I'd like to see someone create a sequel to Corridor 7. Maybe part of the story could be that one of those invisible Enirams on level 30 managed to escape undetected, and then came out of hiding to re-open the vortex, letting out another wave of alien soldiers.

An Intresting Idea, but if my understanding is correct, and someone with the CD version may want to correct me, don't you destroy the aliens on their planet so there would be nothing to send to Earth to attack again. Question

But a story similar to this may have been Corridor 8's Story to begin with, a copy of the orgininal story would be intresting. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:19 am

FluidicSpace wrote:
An Intresting Idea, but if my understanding is correct, and someone with the CD version may want to correct me, don't you destroy the aliens on their planet so there would be nothing to send to Earth to attack again.

Yes, you are correct. In the CD version on level 30, if you don't destroy the Vortex, you can enter it and you end up on the alien world. The extra 10 levels in the CD version take place on the alien world, and you have to destroy their leader, Tebazile. Then, you enter the Vortex to return to Earth, and destroy it once and for all.

But I had thought that perhaps there might be a whole wave of alien invaders who the player never encountered, not even when he was on the alien planet. They were created as a "special" reinforcement, and had remained hidden away until such time as they were needed. And the Eniram who escaped contacts them.

Anyway, it was just an idea... Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 8:41 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Quote:
But I had thought that perhaps there might be a whole wave of alien invaders who the player never encountered, not even when he was on the alien planet. They were created as a "special" reinforcement, and had remained hidden away until such time as they were needed. And the Eniram who escaped contacts them.

Anyway, it was just an idea...

Ah I see what you mean now. Rolling Eyes

If a TC was made though would it be easier to go the hard route of making 2 TC's for C7 (disk and CD version), or the easier route of making a C7 TC for Wolf3D.
But a Wolf3D TC for C7 would remove copyright issues, mean many more could play, but all the code, weapons, monsters and everything would have to be remade in a way to create a TC with a believeable sqeual atmosphere. Wink

www.corridor7.com

Gave me this intresting responce

Under Construction
The site you were trying to reach does not currently have a default page. It may be in the process of being upgraded.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please try this site again later. If you still experience the problem, try contacting the Web site administrator.

https://registrar.godaddy.com/whois.asp?isc=&se=%2B&from_app=&mscssid=&pl_id=1&prog_id=GoDaddy&domain=CORRIDOR7%2ECOM

Appers that MindArcade Enterprises has ideas for this address.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Other Wolf3d Based Games View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: