DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community


  Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

  Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Save ZXDWare.net
Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Howling Wolfers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Post new topicReply to topic
Author Message
Zero X. Diamond
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard


Joined: 22 Mar 2004
Last Visit: 12 Nov 2018

Topics: 26
Posts: 267
Location: The Planet of the Tiny Hut People
ussr.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:50 pm
   Subject: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Unlike the last time bad news regarding the site came up, this time it is very real. My mother has taken it upon herself to play the Angel of Death in deciding that an all E progress report deems it necessary to stop paying for and delete my website. If you're at all interested in saving this site from absolute destruction, please, for the love of God, sign here.

Save ZXDWare.net Petition

_________________
Hooray for vaporware!
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer


Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Last Visit: 23 Sep 2019

Topics: 57
Posts: 2239
Location: Canada
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:00 pm
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Heh. My mom tried to rip my journals up before just because she didn't like what I was writing. I ran towards her and tried to grab them from her, and my dad came by and angrily tried to hold me back because he thought I was going to attack her (but I was really just trying to save my journals). It was a really awkward moment.

The weird thing was, my journals were awesome. They said things that were funny and creative beyond anything my mom could ever think of. I was very proud of alot of things I'd write in them, like when we had 30 minutes to write about our day at school. I don't even remember why she didn't like them, but it definately wasn't because I wrote something bad, I think she just thought I wasn't being serious enough and/or she just didn't agree with my logic in them. Pretty f**ed up reason to try and destroy someone's personal creativity that they could look back on and read to bring back great memories and ideas if you ask me. What was she trying to prove anyway?

Until you move out though, or become completely independant, the people who make the rules can always screw you over (which applies everywhere).
monkapotomus
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On


Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Last Visit: 09 Apr 2006

Topics: 15
Posts: 87

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:35 am
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Damn dude, that really sucks my parents have never taken something away form em i was owrking on or tried to take my website down or anythign like that....actually last year my dad grounded em form the internet buthe still allowed me to use it for 30 minutes a day so i could fix my website or cahnge anythign i wanted to if i had any ideas.....my parents are pretty cool about me having my projects though

_________________
APPLE 2 WEBISTE OMFG IT SUCKS!!!

www.dudleyrd.co.uk/~monk

How many times will you steal my car stero??It dont even work you feel like a bitch dont ya?
Dr. Chainsaw
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard


Joined: 22 Aug 2005
Last Visit: 04 Apr 2013

Topics: 17
Posts: 286

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:47 am
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

................


Last edited by Dr. Chainsaw on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
sentenced
DieHard SS
DieHard SS


Joined: 13 Mar 2004
Last Visit: 22 Oct 2009

Topics: 5
Posts: 381
Location: Liverpool, England
sao_tome.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:51 am
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Dr. Chainsaw wrote:
I hate it when my parents do stuff like that. One time I shot my brother in the eye with a BBgun and my mum toke it me and the fat bitch jumped on it several times. Though luckerly I manged to fix it.


How could you not expect such a reaction???

_________________
"Listen and exchange with me, as we both share in common a different value system."
Dr. Chainsaw
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard


Joined: 22 Aug 2005
Last Visit: 04 Apr 2013

Topics: 17
Posts: 286

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:07 am
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

.................


Last edited by Dr. Chainsaw on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
monkapotomus
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On


Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Last Visit: 09 Apr 2006

Topics: 15
Posts: 87

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:34 pm
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

lol dude your mom had hte right to do that one.......my parents would take my paintball gun away if i did something like that......but if i did it would be an "accident" that would've happened during a game

_________________
APPLE 2 WEBISTE OMFG IT SUCKS!!!

www.dudleyrd.co.uk/~monk

How many times will you steal my car stero??It dont even work you feel like a bitch dont ya?
Dr. Chainsaw
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard


Joined: 22 Aug 2005
Last Visit: 04 Apr 2013

Topics: 17
Posts: 286

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:56 pm
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

...............


Last edited by Dr. Chainsaw on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Dugtrio17
Code Master
Code Master


Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Last Visit: 03 Oct 2013

Topics: 49
Posts: 901
Location: Seattle
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:18 pm
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Your domain record doesn't expire until April, and most decent hosts prefer that you pay by the year, so surely you're not in too dire of a situation, yes? Sounds like it's just an angry snap decision on her part anyway.
If need be, you could just back up all your stuff and move your stuff to a temporary location until you can pay for the site yourself.

_________________
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master


Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Last Visit: 15:13 ago.

Topics: 164
Posts: 5183

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:29 pm
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

.....


Last edited by Thomas on Thu May 26, 2011 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Chainsaw
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard


Joined: 22 Aug 2005
Last Visit: 04 Apr 2013

Topics: 17
Posts: 286

uk.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:50 pm
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

................


Last edited by Dr. Chainsaw on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master


Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Last Visit: 15:13 ago.

Topics: 164
Posts: 5183

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:08 pm
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

.....


Last edited by Thomas on Thu May 26, 2011 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
TheTalentedMrLeo
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>


Joined: 14 Mar 2003
Last Visit: 9:04 ago.

Topics: 42
Posts: 715

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:41 pm
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

He's expressing what is known as "teenage angst". Around the time of puberty, or say age 15, they begin to rebel against authority (Usually parents.), and speak their own mind. It's a syndrome you see. They believe they have all the knowledge and wisdom in the world, however reality seems to prove otherwise. Wink



Oh, and sometimes this "syndrome" has a side-effect of what is known as exaggeration.

-Dr. Leon
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer


Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Last Visit: 23 Sep 2019

Topics: 57
Posts: 2239
Location: Canada
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:01 pm
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

@Zero X. Diamond: Lets take some factors into consideration here:

- Nobody here visits your damn site, so you're just spamming this board.
- All you care about is getting as many people as possible to blindly sign your petition.
- You probably don't even care about us, and have just posted this message on a million forums.
- This petition is bullshit. If we agree with your mother and want to comment against you, we can't.
- You suck in school, which could be linked to how you're always distracted with your site.
- They pay for your site, and privilages can be taken away just as easily as they can be given.

So in other words, you're an idiot for getting us involved with something we're not affiliated with. For all we know, you could have just made this story up to get more people interested in your site, and even if this is a true story, you shouldn't expect everyone to be on your side. You're no better than those morons who try to sell me stuff over the phone or who and try to shove flyers in my face as I'm walking downtown. I hate you and everything you stand for. Leave us alone. Die.

TheTalentedMrLeo wrote:
They believe they have all the knowledge and wisdom in the world, however reality seems to prove otherwise.

That's just one interpretation. What if they can explain their outlook on reality more clearly than the parent can? I'd hate to be your son if you thought that way about every teenager. I can just imagine you using this tactic everytime I had something logical and intelligent to say about something in an argument:

"No son, you're just a stupid teenager, I've been around longer so you're wrong, and I can just ignore whatever you say etc etc."

Dugtrio17 wrote:
you could just back up all your stuff and move your stuff to a temporary location until you can pay for the site yourself.

Exactly what I was going to say. That would be the intelligent thing to do. Razz
Sporb2000
DieHard SS
DieHard SS


Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Last Visit: 26 May 2009

Topics: 19
Posts: 382
Location: New Zealand - Invercargill
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:16 pm
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

those who think they know everything are annoying to those of us who do.

_________________
I Like (Brackets)
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer


Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Last Visit: 23 Sep 2019

Topics: 57
Posts: 2239
Location: Canada
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:42 pm
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Sporb2000 wrote:
those who think they know everything are annoying to those of us who do.

Wait, there's actually someone out there who knows everything? Laughing

Hrmmm, maybe this guy does: http://www.freewebs.com/choksta/message28.png

Even if someone knew everything in terms of knowledge, though, there's too many things in life based on choices, so no one could ever be right about everything in everyone's view if they make a decision. I could say "abortion is wrong, even when the mother can't afford to raise the child", but is that statement right? Of course not. You have to go backwards and think of if "not having sex on this day to create the child" would have been wrong too, and then go back into "is the population too high on this planet and why", then go back to "what is the worth of a new random/planned life", then go back to "do people spiritually live more than once", then go back to "what is pointful in the world and could this person contribute to it", and the cycle never ends because the opinions never reach a level of unquestionable fact, so I think the real way of saying it is that a person only knows everything when they realize that they know nothing at all. My petition message didn't get approved, by the way. Confused
Tricob
Moderator
<B>Moderator</B>


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Last Visit: 11:43 ago.

Topics: 167
Posts: 8451
Location: Neo-traditions, Inc.
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:15 pm
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Chris wrote:
@Zero X. Diamond: Lets take some factors into consideration here:

- Nobody here visits your damn site, so you're just spamming this board.
- All you care about is getting as many people as possible to blindly sign your petition.
- You probably don't even care about us, and have just posted this message on a million forums.
- This petition is bullshit. If we agree with your mother and want to comment against you, we can't.
- You suck in school, which could be linked to how you're always distracted with your site.
- They pay for your site, and privilages can be taken away just as easily as they can be given.

So in other words, you're an idiot for getting us involved with something we're not affiliated with. For all we know, you could have just made this story up to get more people interested in your site, and even if this is a true story, you shouldn't expect everyone to be on your side. You're no better than those morons who try to sell me stuff over the phone or who and try to shove flyers in my face as I'm walking downtown. I hate you and everything you stand for. Leave us alone. Die.

Chris, this doesn't sound like you at all. Confused
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer


Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Last Visit: 23 Sep 2019

Topics: 57
Posts: 2239
Location: Canada
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:31 pm
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Tricob wrote:
Chris, this doesn't sound like you at all. Confused


The time is drawing near, ZXDWare.net
Dr. Chainsaw
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard


Joined: 22 Aug 2005
Last Visit: 04 Apr 2013

Topics: 17
Posts: 286

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:25 am
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

TheTalentedMrLeo wrote:
He's expressing what is known as "teenage angst". Around the time of puberty, or say age 15, they begin to rebel against authority (Usually parents.), and speak their own mind. It's a syndrome you see. They believe they have all the knowledge and wisdom in the world, however reality seems to prove otherwise. Wink



Oh, and sometimes this "syndrome" has a side-effect of what is known as exaggeration.

-Dr. Leon


It's like you read my mind...
Sporb2000
DieHard SS
DieHard SS


Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Last Visit: 26 May 2009

Topics: 19
Posts: 382
Location: New Zealand - Invercargill
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:30 am
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

In the words of some famous dead person "the more you learn, the less you know"

EDIT: what does ZXDware do just out of curiosity? i cant say ive ever been there.

_________________
I Like (Brackets)
TheTalentedMrLeo
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>


Joined: 14 Mar 2003
Last Visit: 9:04 ago.

Topics: 42
Posts: 715

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:03 am
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Chris wrote:

TheTalentedMrLeo wrote:
They believe they have all the knowledge and wisdom in the world, however reality seems to prove otherwise.

That's just one interpretation. What if they can explain their outlook on reality more clearly than the parent can? I'd hate to be your son if you thought that way about every teenager. I can just imagine you using this tactic everytime I had something logical and intelligent to say about something in an argument:

"No son, you're just a stupid teenager, I've been around longer so you're wrong, and I can just ignore whatever you say etc etc."


Two things:

1.) I was referring to Dr. Chainsaw's situation in regards to insulting his mother.
2.) I know it's a poor argument, not to mention redundant, and a stereotypical argument at that.
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>


Joined: 01 Mar 2003
Last Visit: 13 Sep 2017

Topics: 153
Posts: 2248
Location: Ontario
canada.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:28 am
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Ever hear that saying..... ??? "Go out into the world while you're still young and Know everything"??

I bet that many have and it's usually a parent telling a young person ( usually under the age of 18 ) that it's time to get out of the house, because the kid is trying to redefine the limitations placed on them for what they expect is the last time (the last push to adulthood). I can honestly say that after all these years I've learned that you never stop learning and thus there is no such thing as the "Know it All". There is the "Knows A Lot"... but not the "Know it All". This time is usually followed by the statements of the parent "While you live under my roof, you'll follow the rules" and the response of "Well, maybe it's time to find a new place to live" (or something along those lines).

As for the petition.... Yes Chris, it's a farce. You can't have one without the option of siding with the parent (but then again - one could assume that not signing the petition is that of siding with the parent). Also, in this case... The petition is even more one sided as you are really only presented with the facts as the petitioner sees them. You aren't really getting the real other side of the story, other than that related to us by the petitioner... Thus what was said and what they related to everyone else may be skewed. Hence the assertion of "Selective Hearing" and other such statements (ever had a disagreement with a girlfriend, where she says you never listen to me).... This assertion holds true for most of us and is especially skewed in things like forums as we can't see the person writing the message. We can't see the nuances in the inflection of the voice, the volume, the actual tone, and the overall context which got them to this point. We tend to hear what we want to hear, or we tend to omit things that don't emphasise our point.

As for his saving a site... Just archive it and move it to a free site... Until you are paying for it yourself, those that do pay for it, actually do hold the cards. Honestly, I can say that I've only visited the site 2 times and each was prompted by the posts here about saving it from the wrath of others. Honestly, I can say that I won't visit it again, as it's got nothing of interest to me. It's a specific site that looks to be more of a rant page than anything. The "Blog" of someone trying to make their voice heard. And for what it's worth, there will always be someone that does find it interesting as there is always going to be someone else in the world that feels the same things that this person does at the same time. That's life and ZeroX needs to learn yet another lesson. And yes, this thread is basically a waste of bandwidth and a lesson in futility. I must admit though, I do get a good laugh each time I see something like this.

Anyhow... Just my two cents worth...

Greg
BrotherTank

_________________

The probability of someone watching you is directly related to the Stupidity of your actions
&
The two most abundant things in the Universe are Hydrogen & Stupidity - H.Ellison

Which of those is more relevant to you??


Last edited by BrotherTank on Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
sentenced
DieHard SS
DieHard SS


Joined: 13 Mar 2004
Last Visit: 22 Oct 2009

Topics: 5
Posts: 381
Location: Liverpool, England
sao_tome.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:35 am
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Regarding parents and other "higher powers"...

Sometimes it makes sense just to accept that you will never win a serious argument. I have been living with my parents seince I was born, and about the time I progressed to secondary school I used to think that eventually they would take into account the points I made during arguments. Time after time no progress was made and most conflict was ended with the "I don't want to hear it!" statement.

For the past six or so years, I've learnt that arguing with parents is absolutely pointless. So I don't bother! I have quietened up over time and I rarely, if ever find things to make a point against now. I do feel sometimes that my way of doing/thinking things is obviously the better way, but I keep the thought to myself and feel pleased that I have made a logical point.

This has been reflected in the way I interact with people outside of arguments. I am perhaps a bit more subjective than I used to be and I often experience mild social anxiety. While my confidence to speak has lowered somewhat, my overall happiness has improved because I feel that I have entered my "prime of being" as it were.

Disregard that last paragraph if you feel it makes no sense - somehow I felt it was connected with the main topic. Think

_________________
"Listen and exchange with me, as we both share in common a different value system."
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master


Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Last Visit: 15:13 ago.

Topics: 164
Posts: 5183

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:37 am
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

.....


Last edited by Thomas on Thu May 26, 2011 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Chainsaw
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard


Joined: 22 Aug 2005
Last Visit: 04 Apr 2013

Topics: 17
Posts: 286

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:33 am
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

.............


Last edited by Dr. Chainsaw on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master


Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Last Visit: 15:13 ago.

Topics: 164
Posts: 5183

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:45 am
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

.....


Last edited by Thomas on Thu May 26, 2011 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Chainsaw
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard


Joined: 22 Aug 2005
Last Visit: 04 Apr 2013

Topics: 17
Posts: 286

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:51 am
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

................


Last edited by Dr. Chainsaw on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
monkapotomus
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On


Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Last Visit: 09 Apr 2006

Topics: 15
Posts: 87

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:33 am
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

that thing about rebeling isnt really true...im 15 i havent rebeled much...but im like uber laid back so that could be it i just go with it learned it over the years fomr getting the short hand of hte stick all the time

_________________
APPLE 2 WEBISTE OMFG IT SUCKS!!!

www.dudleyrd.co.uk/~monk

How many times will you steal my car stero??It dont even work you feel like a bitch dont ya?
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer


Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Last Visit: 23 Sep 2019

Topics: 57
Posts: 2239
Location: Canada
blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:42 am
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

BrotherTank wrote:
ever had a disagreement with a girlfriend, where she says you never listen to me

Yeah, I can definately relate to this. I'm getting this from the new head manager I work with right now, which I don't really understand, and don't know what would be the right way to react. Any advice? After a few arguments about it, with her not really explaining any reasoning for the comment, I've just come to the conclusion that she is really dense, because we've worked together over 100 times and I always do what she tells me, usually right away without any kind of hesitation, which is alot more than I can say for most of the employees I work with, yet she still tells me "You never listen Chris". I'm not really getting what she's trying to say, and why she continues to tell me this. I think I'm one of the best listeners there, I always take things people have to say into consideration, but for some reason, she doesn't see it that way, and I can't help but think that she needs to pay more attention and have more trust in me. If she ever thought I wasn't listening, why doesn't she just say: "What did I just say?", though it should be obvious that I'm listening anyway... and I don't want to look like a smartass to prove it. Maybe I'm missing something, but she hasn't told me what it is, so her telling me that comment isn't going to help the situation in any way; it's just going to make things more confusing and awkward, which is not good when I'm supposed to be friendly and focused on my job while running around and taking orders.

sentenced wrote:
Regarding parents and other "higher powers"...

That's very interesting how you've adapted to your parents like that sentenced. How are you sure that you never win though? Just because they ignore your points and try to change the subject on you doesn't mean that you're wrong. I'm not sure if bottling up my feelings and opinions would make me feel comfortable around my mom when she provokes logic I feel is completely inaccurate or that could use some new insight; even if what you say about how restraining from arguing leads to happiness. I look back on the arguments we've had, and I always think it was positive experience to express my point of view; though it would have been nice to express them to someone who was more open about them. I may have gotten punished and in alot of trouble for being honest and expressing myself, but the punishments were my parents own decision, I don't think I had any control over how they took my honest comments. I like knowing WHY people are saying things, I'm not going to agree with someone if I don't understand their point of view and they don't bother to explain it. I need that explanation, I need to know their reasoning, because without that, I will never learn anything, which is very important to me. There are some people that I've built up enough of respect to just to say "ok, sounds good", even when I believe their reasoning could be flawed, and you're right, it does feel good sometimes to just accept their decisions and hope for the best. There's this one girl at work who always tries to get everyone to do everything for her, even when she's doing nothing and all and they're already quite busy, and sometimes I make fun of how spoiled and inconsiderate she is, yet other times I just do it for her because I feel like it anyway. Not sure which approach is better, though the second one usually leads to less of a mess and keeping us on good terms. Not sure about you, but I usually like telling people stuff directly instead of behind their back, and usually I don't mind saying it infront of everybody who is around, which can be quite risky when dealing with people who are in power. I guess we're still all learning how to handle different conflicts with people, though finding a style of reaction that actually fits with each different kind of situation is still something I haven't found a specfic working formula for yet, and probably never will. Sometimes there will be people around you who will surprise you and say "wow, I feel that way too" or it will give people something new to think about, or sometimes it will just only have negative effects on others yet will help you keep or build up your confidence to voice your feelings and your opinions. I think you always win and lose out in some ways with nomatter what approach you take (expressing your opinions in a certain fashion, withholding conflicts to hold a real/false stable relationship with the people you're around which could build into something more or less comfortable as things progress, etc.).

Queen Chainsaw wrote:
If you were to say it to a man it wouldn't really cause any harm.

Well, maybe not, but it could make you appear gay. Just saying. Laughing
Dr. Chainsaw
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard


Joined: 22 Aug 2005
Last Visit: 04 Apr 2013

Topics: 17
Posts: 286

uk.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:46 am
   Subject: Re: Save ZXDWare.net
   [ IP : Logged ]
Reply with quote
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Chris wrote:

Queen Chainsaw wrote:
If you were to say it to a man it wouldn't really cause any harm.

Well, maybe not, but it could make you appear gay. Just saying. Laughing


I see, so that's why people give me strange looks when I call them a bitch. What?
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topicReply to topic Time synchronized with the forum server time
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Howling Wolfers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:  

Related topics
 Topics   Replies   Views   Last Post 
No new posts I got a real Problem!
Author: Wolfenstein3D Fan
4 1129 Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:52 pm
Tricob View latest post
No new posts The Last Refuge from the Gestapo...
Author: Majik Monkee
6 1903 Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:43 pm
Tricob View latest post
No new posts PROJECT: You may be very interested...
Author: Guest
35 1704 Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:07 pm
Guest View latest post
No new posts Hahaha, I love this show...
Author: Blitzkrieg
6 1842 Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:59 pm
monkapotomus View latest post
No new posts How do you make website?
Author: Metalor
12 4606 Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:35 pm
Haasboy View latest post
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
   You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Copyright ©2003-2008 DieHard Wolfers
A Modified subBunker Theme by BrotherTank
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group