DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

End of Destiny: Editor's Version
Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Dean
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 53
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:31 pm
   Subject: Re: End of Destiny: Editor's Version
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I'll give that a shot BT, thanks for the heads up on that, I'll make sure the WDC files are included also.

<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 53
australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:34 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Update: Sorry, this has slowed to a complete stop of late. I'm just simply not finding any time to work on it at all at the moment with the monumental level of bullshit I'm currently having to deal with in my life.

I will finish this off and post it when it's done. Sorry for the delay.

Dean

DieHard SS

Topics: 27
hungary.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:15 pm

May I have a short question, folks?

I started to work on the Spear End of Destiny - Editor's Version to release my add-on (it will be a remake of the old Xmas Wolf you probably heard about). I work simultaneously in WOLFEDIT and WDC currently. I do have a question, however: How should I place the "Superclone and Ultraclone defeated" and "Cybertrooper defeated" and "this and that is defeated" screen somewhere else? Or perhaps there is a way to edit these screens? I hope so. It would be a bit awkward for the player that he kills the Supersnowman and Ultrasnowman, then "Superclone and Ultraclone defeated!" screen appears. The poor player would be, like, "WTF clone???"

Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:16 pm

Reactor wrote:
Or perhaps there is a way to edit these screens? I hope so. It would be a bit awkward for the player that he kills the Supersnowman and Ultrasnowman, then "Superclone and Ultraclone defeated!" screen appears. The poor player would be, like, "WTF clone???"

Yes, you can change it. First you'll need an exe unpacker like CUP12, which you can use in Dos by putting it in your EOD directory and running "cup12 SPEAR.EXE" (using a windows shortcut in XP works too). Then rename to the unpacked file (SPEAR.CUP) to something like XMAS.EXE. Then right click on the XMAS.EXE file, and go to Properties. It should say something like "Size: 273 KB (280,093 bytes)". Write that number in brackets down somewhere for later. Then, open your exe with a hex editor, like Cygnus Hex Editor, and do a search for "Superclone and Ultraclone defeated!" and change it to "Snowman and Ultrasnowman defeated! " (the extra space at the end is so that it will contain the same amount of letters as it did before, you have to make sure you don't make the "replacement text" longer or shorter than it was before or it will screw up all the references to the data below it). Then save. Now right click the EXE file and go to Properties again. Make sure the number for "Size" is still the same as what you wrote down before. If it is, your EXE should work with the changes you've made.

It sounds complicating, but it works. Here's an example edited exe for EOD Editors Version, just to show you... where I changed the "Read This!" text in the Main Menu to "MARMALADE!" (just rename it from .CUP to .EXE to use it). Good luck! Pizza
Reactor
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

hungary.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:49 am

Thanks Chris! I'll do it right away Smile Now I know why I didn't find it in WDC Smile

Reactor
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

hungary.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:47 pm

A few questions, which are extremely important creating this TC of mine. I'm working on it in WDC.

- How can I modify the memory check screen?

- How can I define which floor, and which ceiling certain levels should use? Brown marble floor just don't mix with sewage tunnel area, y'know. And of course, there is the "tesserakt" wall for a Super secret level you'll never forget. Is there a way to "tell" the game that this and that level should use Floor type13 instead of Floor type1?

- Can I create more outdoor levels, or those which are originally outdoor levels have to do? If I can specify a certain level to be outdoor, how can I do it?

By the way, the first tests proved to be surprisingly positive...
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4451/telapo1.png
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9053/telapo2.png

Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 165
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:28 pm

Reactor wrote:
Without the source code, you can't, I'm afraid. That's just the way the EXE was compiled. Sad

Quote:
- How can I define which floor, and which ceiling certain levels should use? Brown marble floor just don't mix with sewage tunnel area, y'know. And of course, there is the "tesserakt" wall for a Super secret level you'll never forget. Is there a way to "tell" the game that this and that level should use Floor type13 instead of Floor type1?

- Can I create more outdoor levels, or those which are originally outdoor levels have to do? If I can specify a certain level to be outdoor, how can I do it?
Have you downloaded the Editor's Version of this mod? It should include instructions on how to specify these sorts of things.
Reactor
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

hungary.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:35 pm

I have it, yes. I think I found the floor and ceiling stuff, but I still can't figure out how to make a level an outdoor level.

Reactor
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

hungary.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:34 pm

OK, I think I figured it out. Copying the exact stuff which can be seen at the top of Level 1 makes a level to be outdoor. Huh...I thought I'll be limited to 2-3 outdoor levels.

However, the compiled game appears to have a flaw. It freezes with DIVIDE ERROR message quite often. Any ideas what causes this? Sad

Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:36 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Tricob wrote:
Reactor wrote:
Without the source code, you can't, I'm afraid. That's just the way the EXE was compiled. Sad

Well, technically, any data/information you can put into the exe... you can take back out and/or edit. Thumbs Up

Just to show it's possible, here's an EoD Editors exe where the signon is replaced with the one from Chokage.

If you look in an uncompressed EoD Editors exe, the signon screen is at location 157520-221519 (26750-3614F in hex), and isn't even encrypted, so it wouldn't be that hard to edit the dots/colours natively, or extract the raw data and edit it remotely (say, by changing it to a different format like Ripper did with bmp in this thread, or by specifying the characteristics yourself in something like Paint Shop Pro 4+; i.e. size: 320x200, 256-color [1 byte per dot]). Or you could just take a screenshot of the signon screen and edit that, or make a new one, then convert it to signon.obj format and compile it into a fresh wolf3d exe, and then replace that compiled data over the data in the EoD exe (the palette in wolf3d and EoD are slightly different, but it wouldn't take much experimenting to make it look right... or to find/convert the EoD palette from it's exe as well if you're ambitious). Just some random ideas.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> AReyeP & MCS Games Support View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: