DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Reporting of Forum Software Problems
Page 4 of 6 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Speak to Us View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Zombie_Plan
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 101
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:16 pm
   Subject: Re: Reporting of Forum Software Problems
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

It's becoming more frequent, but each night Australian time (in say, 3 hours time from the timestamp on this post), I've been having problems accessing the forums. I didn't think of reporting it until now so I don't have the errors, but here's what happened as I loosely remember it:

Two nights ago (Monday night) I was unable to access the forums full stop. it would come up with a white page with a bit of text on it with an error. It happened throughout the night, and was fine again the next morning.
Last night (Tuesday) I was able to access the forums, but completely unable to access any posts or perform searches. It would come up with an error about being unable to retrieve things.

It was working fine during the day. If it happens again I'll make sure to grab the errors.

Welcome to 2016, where DHW still thinks it is okay to ban the world's most popular email service provider, and I can't have an avatar over 10kb
kieselsteini

Topics: 1

germany.gif

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:08 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Hi there. Now the forum seems to run normal again. But the last 3-4 days I was unable to access this site. The phpBB died with an error message that the php_users.MYI can't be accessed. So this may be the same error message Zombie_Plan discovered. Please check your logs...perhaps your server is hitting some limits in memory, open files or disk space.
Dean
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 52
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:40 pm

I haven't been able to log into DHW for a day and a half now, everytime I click on log in I get the following error;

Failed obtaining user group lists

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND group_id=0 AND user_pending=0' at line 3

SELECT * FROM phpbb_user_group WHERE user_id= AND group_id=0 AND user_pending=0

Line : 209
File : auth.php

I haven't seen this error before but have had the odd other one come up occasionally over the last few weeks also. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue but when i was able to get back in today and i clicked on 'show all new posts' it's shown me every thread thats had a post in it for the last 9 days even though I was here 2 days ago!

The other weird thing is that my signature update has reverted. I update it with the new date that my last post was on but it's gone back to showing the 9/12 when I had updated it twice since.

"Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people" - Socrates
ronwolf1705
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 72

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:16 am

That error happened to me too, with all those posts as well. I haven't updated my signature in a really long while, so I can't be sure about that though.
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:37 am

Yes... When you see something like can't open x file... then it means that someone has tried to hack the system again. I don't have any control over the backups and MCS restores them (the files) with the last set of updates that he has at the time. At that time, the backup was longer than normal. I also can't download backups of the database as it's too large for the server settings to allow me to do it all at once. So I'm going to have to write sometype of program to download the data in sections and allow for me to also have backups in case of problems.

Greg
BrotherTank
Dean
<B>Moderator</B>

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:02 pm

Same thing was coming up all day yesterday as well, I wasn't able to log in then either.

"Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people" - Socrates
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 163
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:01 pm

Dean - You made more progress than I did those days. On my machine, not even the visitor screen of DHWs would appear; I just got the error message you quoted. Anyway, good to see the problem is fixed now. Smile
Russel
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 13
usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:07 am

Hello, I've been away for a while so I'm not sure how to go about this... I was making a "hi again" post when I got this error.

Quote:
Could not insert new word

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1016 Can't open file: 'phpbb_search_wordlist.MYI' (errno: 144)

INSERT IGNORE INTO phpbb_search_wordlist (word_text, word_common) VALUES ('157', 0), ('able', 0), ('again', 0), ('anyone', 0), ('back', 0), ('checking', 0), ('college', 0), ('dhw', 0), ('email', 0), ('errors', 0), ('flood', 0), ('forum', 0), ('gits', 0), ('ground', 0), ('hand', 0), ('helping', 0), ('i', 0), ('inbox', 0), ('instead', 0), ('ive', 0), ('kind', 0), ('last', 0), ('least', 0), ('lend', 0), ('life', 0), ('login', 0), ('lol', 0), ('looks', 0), ('might', 0), ('mod', 0), ('myself', 0), ('one', 0), ('part', 0), ('peace', 0), ('probably', 0), ('quot', 0), ('read', 0), ('release', 0), ('saying', 0), ('someone', 0), ('someway', 0), ('still', 0), ('stopping', 0), ('swamped', 0), ('tell', 0), ('term', 0), ('thinking', 0), ('thought', 0), ('threads', 0), ('unread', 0), ('wanted', 0), ('wants', 0), ('whenever', 0), ('work', 0), ('wow', 0)

Line : 234
File : functions_search.php

Bring 'em On

Topics: 13
usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:07 am

Hello, I've been away for a while so I'm not sure how to go about this... I was making a "hi again" post when I got this error.

Could not insert new word

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1016 Can't open file: 'phpbb_search_wordlist.MYI' (errno: 144)

INSERT IGNORE INTO phpbb_search_wordlist (word_text, word_common) VALUES ('157', 0), ('able', 0), ('again', 0), ('anyone', 0), ('back', 0), ('checking', 0), ('college', 0), ('dhw', 0), ('email', 0), ('errors', 0), ('flood', 0), ('forum', 0), ('gits', 0), ('ground', 0), ('hand', 0), ('helping', 0), ('i', 0), ('inbox', 0), ('instead', 0), ('ive', 0), ('kind', 0), ('last', 0), ('least', 0), ('lend', 0), ('life', 0), ('login', 0), ('lol', 0), ('looks', 0), ('might', 0), ('mod', 0), ('myself', 0), ('one', 0), ('part', 0), ('peace', 0), ('probably', 0), ('quot', 0), ('read', 0), ('release', 0), ('saying', 0), ('someone', 0), ('someway', 0), ('still', 0), ('stopping', 0), ('swamped', 0), ('tell', 0), ('term', 0), ('thinking', 0), ('thought', 0), ('threads', 0), ('unread', 0), ('wanted', 0), ('wants', 0), ('whenever', 0), ('work', 0), ('wow', 0)

Line : 234
File : functions_search.php

<B>Moderator</B>

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:57 pm

A week or so ago my account wouldn't let me in with the same password I'd been using for the last few years. I asked Schabbs to try to reset it but I wasn't able to log in still after he had attempted this. I kept trying but only managed to lock myself out for 60 minute periods at a time.

I couldn't work out anything else to do other then to resend my original activation email. I was then able to get in but this wiped by avatar and signature. Looking in my profile I have no option to be able to add this back in yet though. Can someone please advise m if there is a setting or something that reactivates this or if its a time thing before I can add these back in? Thanks.

Not sure what caused this but Tricob mentioned to me that there was some kind of forum issues on the same day. Maybe it's connected to that in some way, not sure.
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Dean wrote:
Not sure what caused this but Tricob mentioned to me that there was some kind of forum issues on the same day. Maybe it's connected to that in some way, not sure.
To those who don't know, I was referring to the "News & Forum Rules" post that will not appear. At the time of this post, the problem still remains, and the forum program is unable to identify the user who made the post.
Lozer_42
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 49
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Not sure what's going on, but when I load the forum with "/index" at the end of the address, I load a page that reads:
Quote:
Maintenance in progress due to database corruption

Estimated downtime remaining: 45 minutes

Last updated by MCS at Dec. 18, 11:12 GMT

if I leave "/index" out of the address it loads normally...

<B>Moderator</B>

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:23 pm

Just letting those that need to know that I haven't been able to read any new postings for over 24 hours until this time today.

I could log in successfully and see all the topics with new posts on them but as soon as i selected one to read the the new post I'd receive an error. I unfortunately don't have a copy of the error but this happened on every topic that I chose. Even though i couldn't read the topic updates and got the error the forum still registered as though i had read that thread and removed it from my 'new posts' list.

Just thought I;d let you know this was going on in case others had similar issues.
doomjedi
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 106
israel.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:49 am

I have the same issue very often...including yesterday, for many hours.
vermil
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 17

uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:18 am

Indeed, it must be said, those search tables do seem to get trashed a lot, breaking the forum reguarly.
Dean
<B>Moderator</B>

australia.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:48 pm

Can someone please look into my account as well? It still seems to be broken (in ways) and I'm finding it to be rather restrictive. At the moment I can't;
- Change my Avatar
- Add my signature
- PM anyone
- Plus some threads that have been updated with posts aren't showing up in my 'New posts since last visit' list either.

Can someone PLEASE have a look at this when they get a chance? Thanks

Last edited by Dean on Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:25 am

Tricob wrote:
Dean wrote:
To those who don't know, I was referring to the "News & Forum Rules" post that will not appear. At the time of this post, the problem still remains, and the forum program is unable to identify the user who made the post.

There is no hidden or post that will not appear. What it is, is that you're unread message counter has been corrupted. Once you have read all the messages in any section and it still shows that there are messages to be read, go back into that section and hit the "Mark all Topics Read" command on the right hand side of the screen (before the first message). This will reset your unread message counter and things will work as they should. I have no idea how the problem was created, but I had the same thing with mine, and once I rebuilt the search tables (took over 4 hours) it would allow you to read again, and do the reset un-read as well.

Hope that helps...

Greg
BrotherTank

Last edited by BrotherTank on Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:26 am

Dean wrote:
Can someone please look into my account as well? It still seems to be broken (in ways) and I'm finding it to be rather restrictive. At the moment I can't;
- Change my Avatar
- Add my signature
- PM anyone
- Plus some threads that have been updated with posts aren't showing up in my 'New posts since last visit' list either.

Can someone PLEASE have a look at this when they get a chance? Thanks

Looking into it now Dean... Sorry for the delay...

Greg
BrotherTank
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:56 am

Thanks for your help BrotherTank, but I'm still getting the same problem. The forum reports that the post was made in News & Forum Rules - name missing - at this time:

::: CODE :::
June 21st 2011, 2:41 am

It's in the "Last post" column on the right. I'm using the newest version of Firefox, with Windows 7 Home Premium.
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:27 am

Tricob wrote:
Thanks for your help BrotherTank, but I'm still getting the same problem. The forum reports that the post was made in News & Forum Rules - name missing - at this time:

::: CODE :::
June 21st 2011, 2:41 am

It's in the "Last post" column on the right. I'm using the newest version of Firefox, with Windows 7 Home Premium.

The unread info is stored in two places... The master is in your account info... the second is in site cookies on your machine. There is no missing post or hidden... Your Un-read info is pointing at something that isn't there, or that was there before the site crash where I had to rebuild the search index. Rebuilding sometimes causes the need for the posts to be re-indexed as well, and that was the case this last time.

So clear your cookies for diehardwolfers@yahoo.... etc. and then log in... go into that area and any others that present the problem, and hit the "Mark all Topics Read" and that should put both your cookies and account info into sync again.

Greg
BrotherTank

P.S.: And the problem with the search index crashing is actually a fault of Yahoo and not something being done by someone or a member of the forums. During the rebuilding, the index files crashed 3 times and caused me to have to start from the beginning on one occassion. That's part of what took so long rebuilding this last time. It normally takes about 2hrs, or in about that time frame.

BT
Dean
<B>Moderator</B>

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:23 pm

Everything looks to be working perfectly again now Greg, thanks for fixing my account up. Smile
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:07 am

Dean wrote:
Everything looks to be working perfectly again now Greg, thanks for fixing my account up. Smile

Yeah.. Sorry about that Dean... I totally forgot that the configuration for forums is set in such a way that Moderators can edit/delete user/member accounts, but can not delete other Mods and Admins... I didn't realize that Mods couldn't edit Mod accounts... Must of been something that I did at the time for a reason... I still thought though that a moderator could edit/modify their own account... But that must have been set as Mods can't modify Mods... lol... So many rules and the simple changes of OR or AND within the logic makes for interesting options as to who can do what to who... So, It looks like Admins have to modify/edit for moderators, and that Moderators can modify/edit for anyone else in the forums.

The original programming logic I was trying for was Moderators can edit their own accounts, but not other moderators or Admins. Oh well.. Live and learn... lol...

Greg
BrotherTank
Dean
<B>Moderator</B>

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Actually, just noticed, but it appears that my signature isn't working.

Are you able to look into that when you get a chance please? No rush... Smile
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:57 pm

The setting that your signature is on Dean is that it's selective, ie as you post there should be a box to include it... otherwise, you should be able to go into your own profile and change it so that it's posted all the time. Let me know how that works out...

Greg
BrotherTank
Dean
<B>Moderator</B>

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:51 pm
   Subject: Reporting of Forum Software Problems

Thanks Greg, it seems that some of my preferences reverted back to default with the account issues I had. It looks like everything is back to normal now though.

Lozer_42
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:48 pm

the problem i mentioned above is still happening. any idea why?

http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/index

<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:24 pm

Lozer_42 - You link should actually be this: http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/index.php
Lozer_42
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:11 pm

why am I getting errors now though? I've never had the *.php there before. I even checked my history just to be sure.

DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:23 pm

Lozer_42 wrote:
why am I getting errors now though? I've never had the *.php there before. I even checked my history just to be sure.

Using just "index" isn't a good idea anyway, unless you created a folder in your root called index, which contains another index file inside of it - which would just be confusing. Just change your bookmark to what Tricob said, or use this if it's easier:

http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com

Things change - Dos isn't supported in Win7, Barack Obama isn't white, Pluto isn't a planet... time to update your URL. Smile
Dean
<B>Moderator</B>

australia.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:40 pm
   Subject: Reporting of Forum Software Problems
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I haven't been able to load the sight for at least the last 24 hours. I changed my bookmarked link and tried everything else I could think of but just pet getting the following error message;

Quote:
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not update user language info

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1016 Can't open file: 'phpbb_users.MYI' (errno: 145)

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Speak to Us View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 4 of 6 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to: