DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Map of the Month Club - Discussion 1
Page 1 of 17 Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> DieHard Archives View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:25 am
   Subject: Map of the Month Club - Discussion 1
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

MAP OF THE MONTH CLUB

What is it?

The map of the month is more of a competition more than a club really.
But, it's a fun & friendly competition really...
Anyone can participate and it's really easy to do.
Where you the community will choose the winner!

How does it Work?

Each month, anyone wanting to participate can create a map for submission to the co-oridinator for that month. Then at the end of the submission period, the co-oridinator will put all of the maps received into a mapset to be released/downloaded by anyone wishing to play them. At the same time, the co-ordinator will create a Poll in the Polling Section of the forums where anyone that has played the maps can vote for 3 of their favorites. Then when the poll expires, you all will have chosen the best map for that period of time and the co-ordinator will post the names of the people who made each map so you can see how you all did and who won by your votes.

At the same time as the voting is going on, the next map submission period will have started so if you want to try again to win, you just need to create another map. So basically if 10 people submit this month.. there will be 10 maps to play and select from.. next month if 20 maps are submitted, it will mean more maps to play...

Are there any special rules in making maps?

The only real rule is that you can't use the secret elevator floor on your map for the elevator itself. There are no secret floors or levels in this game. Other than that, you can use any enemy (including Bosses) as the bosses have all been set to drop a key rather than end the game as the original game did. The other thing that you can't use is the "End of Game" trigger.... Always use an elevator to end your level. Each new level will start as if it was the first level in the game. By that I mean that you will start with 100% health, 8 ammo and the pistol. This is done so that all levels will have the same feel and play as far as starting with weapons. Also, that way one level will not be easier because of something gained in a previous level.

Why? Why do something like this

My answer is why not?? It's something easy to do... Only takes 1 map from each person who wants to participate (and who can't easily make 1 map per month). And by doing this, it will give us all something new to try... something new to play.. each month.. It just might help people build mapping skills and actually be something fun that everyone can play each month. In doing so, it also keeps the spirit of wolfenstein and our community alive and well. It's also something that you can be proud of. If you win.. or loose.. it's just something fun to do. Making one map doesn't take a long time and as such, it won't put any pressure on anyone as it's your choice to participate or not.

Ok.. I want to submit a map, How do I do it

You create your map using whatever mapeditor that you wish to use. You should test your map to make sure that it is completable and that all ratios (secrets, treasures, and kills) can be achieved.. And then you Export or Save the level as just the level using whatever mapeditor you use and attach that in an e-mail to my listed e-mail in the forums. There is no need to zip or archive it, unless you can't send attachments without them being archived.

NOTE: In the E-Mail, please include Your Nickname on the forums, the name/version of the Map Editor that you uses, and the Name for your Map (if you didn't give it a name when you created it).

Do I need anything special to make a map??

No - not really. You can make your map with any of the mapeditors that are available and all it really takes is a little imagination. There is no storyline to follow so you can really do anything you want with your level. You can make it a shoot'em up, a free for all.. a maze... a puzzle... anything... it's all up to you and your imagination. We just ask that you use the original game design specs (as there is nothing special added feature wise for you to include in your map at this time).

Can I give my map a name??

Sure! By all means. The only thing is don't put your name in the name. Also, don't put your name on the map via the comment markers (in the wall defines). By giving your map a name, it somewhat lets people know what to expect.. ie: when you see names like "caverns" "dungeons" "The Vault" etc...

So how do I control things like Ceiling/Floor Colour etc??

The EXE (which can be downloaded by clicking this link) that I have created for this allows you to control the ceiling and floor colours, as well as the song being played for your level, the par time for your level, and if you want to use it as well - the starysky and rain/snow.

Using the map editor, you place wall tiles in specific spots on the TOP row of the map to control these things for your map.

Mapspot [0][0] = Controls the Song being played. If you want song 3 to play for your level, you place Wall 3 on that spot on the map. Want song 14 to play.. place wall 14 there.

Mapspot [1][0] = Controls the Ceiling Colour. You have 254 colours to choose from in the wolfenstein palette. Now, I know there are not 254 walls in your mapeditor definition file, but I am sure that you can pick the correct colour that you want and if needed add that value to your map editor so you can select it.

Mapspot [2][0] = Controls the Floor Colour. In the original game, the floor colour was always gray (0x19 in hex which is 25 in decimal) so if you want the same floor colour as the original you would put wall value 25 in this spot on the map. Otherwise, pick the colour you want and do as you did for the ceiling instructions.

Mapspot [3][0] = Controls the Ceiling and the Starry Sky. If you want the Starry Sky.. place wall value 1 in this spot. if you don't want the starry sky... place wall value 0 or blank in that space.

Mapspot [4][0] = The colour of the moon in the starry sky. A value of 1 = white moon, a value of 2 = Red moon, and a value of 3 = Blue moon

Mapspot [5][0] = Controls the Rain/Snow. A value of 2 will turn on the Rain. A value of 3 will turn on the snow. Any other value will do Nothing.

Mapspot [6][0] = Turn off Shading if this value is 0.

Mapspot [7][0] = Turn off Crosshair if this value is 0.

[ NOTE: ] For spaces 6 and 7 - They start your map with these items off, But the user/player may still turn them back on, so I would still set the settings shown below.

To set the Par Time for your map you use two more mapspots to set the time that you wish.

Mapspot [62][0] = The number of minutes for your Par Time...
Mapspot [63][0] = The number of seconds for your Par Time... 1 = 15sec 2 = 30sec 3 = 45sec

So if you wanted your par time to be 2 minutes and 45 seconds you would place wall tile 2 on spot [62][0] and you would place wall tile 3 on spot [63][0].

To Control the Shading Levels - I've also given you MAP CONTROL of that as well. Starting on the LEFT side of the map going Down....

Mapspot [0][1] = Red Level
Mapspot [0][2] = Green Level
Mapspot [0][3] = Blue Level
Mapspot [0][4] = Fog Level Value of 0 = Normal Value of 1 = Fog turned on

Now the Red, Green, Blue Levels can be adjusted for the shading using wall values just as you can for the other game settings. Rippers Normal shading examples had the following values:

Red = Green = Blue in all the settings
And he used 3 different values for those settings.. 0, 10, & 15. Now you can play with them as you like to get the specific look that you want. One thing to remember though is that depending on the age and type of your monitor, the colours that you see may be different to someone elses machine. So play with them carefully.

Mapspot [0][5] = Colour of the Crosshair 0 to 15 are usual values but again, you can use any colour from the wolfenstein palette.

Mapspot [0][6] = Colour of the Shadow Text for In-game Messages
Mapspot [0][7] = Colour of the Text for In-game Messages

Mapspot [0][8] = Colour of Shadow Text for Timer
Mapspot [0][9] = Colour of Par Time counting Down
Mapspot [0][10]= Colour of Regular Timer

So just copy your data files from your original full version game into a directory and put this exe with them. Then start up your imagination and start editing...

Note: For those that previously downloaded the new exe, you will have to again as I took out all the little bugs that quickly creating the others created.The new exe also now includes the TAB-W so you can warp to a specific map to start. The other thing to remember when placing wall tiles is that the "Invalid" value or "Blank" is actually the value "0" (zero).

How long will this run or continue??

The process just keeps revolving, over and over, until everyone decides they don't want to do it anymore. If the process goes for a very long time, we can take the winners of each month and create one master mapset for release of the best of the best as chosen by you. It will run as long as people are willing to participate. As long as there is interest and submissions I see no need for it to stop really. Making 1 map per month really won't put anyone out or place any undue stress on anyone, so I can see it going on for a long time really. Let's keep it fun, and have some fun...

When I run the NEW exe what are the controls??

Tab-B Toggles the Weapon Bobble on/off
Tab-F Toggles FastMonitor on/off
Tab-H Hurts player 16 health per use - If you get stuck
Tab-M Toggles the In-game Messages on/off
Tab-O Toggles the Onscreen Timer on/off
Tab-R Will show you the your Ratios in the game
Tab-S Toggles the Shading on/off
Tab-W Warp to Whatever Level?
Tab-X Toggles the Crosshair on/off

What are the features of the new EXE??

As you can see from above, we have shading, ratio monitoring, weapon crosshair & bobbling, Ingame messages, Onscreen timer, along with Map Control of the Ceiling/Floor colours, Starry Sky, Moon Colour, rain/snow, and Par Times.

The other options that are enabled in this EXE are:

• Enemies can push Pushwalls & the Player will get credit if the enemies find hidden areas.
  • Pushwalls will kill the player or enemy, if they are standing where the pushwall is sliding into.
  • You only have the Weapons that you have picked up. aka Bestweapon!
  • Maximum Health is 100%
  • Maximum Ammo is 100 rounds
  • There is only 1 ammo type for all weapons.
  • Small fixes to the AI controlling enemy movement. These may or may not change an enemies behaviour that will be noticable all the time. But be aware that it does change the directions that they scan - and if you play one of the original maps you may find that you may not meet alerted gaurds in the same place you always did.
  • You will hear a heartbeat that increases in speed when the players health drops below 75% - when it gets real fast... you need to find some health.
  • (-) & (+) keys will decrease/increase the screen size.
  • (<) & (>) keys will strafe the player left/right
  • The annoying sound is gone when bumping into walls. It still makes the sound when you push on walls.
  • If the shading is toggled on - the enemies will light up in the distance when shooting (basically you see their weapon flash as they shoot).
  • When you change weapons the weapons actually change.
  • Each level will start as if it was the First Level in the game. That means there is no advantage to any weapons or ammo gained on the previous levels - or extra men for that matter.
  • If you use a boss on your level (any boss) they will NOT end the game. They will drop the yellow or Gold key, but they will not end the game.
  • Secret Elevator floor will NOT take anyone to a secret level because there are no secrets.
  • Random Blood splats will come from the enemies when you shoot them. They are very random and will not appear ever time you hit them.
  • All Bugs from the Code Crackers bug thread have been removed.

And just so there are no other questions like version and such... This is it's own version as you will see from the signon Screen.. It's the DH (DieHard) Software version and runs with the full version files for Wolfenstein 3d.

The new exe was compiled on May 28, 2007 - so if you don't have that date... you need the new one. If you find any problems with the EXE please Private Message (PM) Me so that I can take care of any problems before the maps are released to the public along with the same exe. People wanting to play and vote on the levels in the game will need the files from the Full version of Wolfentein 3d and will just copy these files over copies of those files.

So...Anyhow... I (BrotherTank) will act as co-ordinator for the first round and/or until someone else wants to be the co-ordinator...

From now May 29, 2007 until June 30th, 2007, I will be accepting maps from any and all people willing to participate for this period. There are 60 Map slots Open.. so don't be shy.

Each participant may ONLY send or enter 1 map per month!

All maps must be 64x64 and use only original Wolfenstein Specs.

On June 30th, I will take all the maps that have been received for the month, and make 1 mapset file that can be downloaded from the forums here. You and everyone can play them.... if you want or so choose...

I will remove all names from any maps so that none of you will know who made what map (other than by maybe recognisable things that certain people do as their style), so that you can't see with a mapeditor who did what.

I will then post a Poll here in the forums where you can vote for your favorite maps.. (we'll make the poll - pick 3 of your favorites out of the maximum number of maps that we get). The poll will run for 21 days... and a winner will then be announced by you (as you have voted)... and I will then post the names of the people maps in the order they were added to the mapset, so you can see who did what for that month.

Then if someone else wants to act as co-ordinator for the second month, we can rotate it out. The second month will start accepting submissions on July 1 to July 31, and again the process will continue.

Those wishing to participate... It's 1 map per month... Nothing special.. And we'll see if we can't maybe come up with some kind of award of some kind... (even graphic - who knows) or maybe they will want to be the co-ordinator of the next session and so on.... Anyhow, I've already got my map ready... (Yes, I will enter a Map but I will not vote).

Greg
BrotherTank

Beer LET THE GAMES BEGIN Beer

Last edited by BrotherTank on Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
serpens
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 17
poland.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:38 am
   Subject: Re: Map of the Month Club - Discussion 1
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I don't know if it's caused by my wrong handling or an error, but it appears impossible to turn off that. Not only this, I've been manipulating with mapspots from 0,1 to 0,4 in many ways, but to no effect. It would all still stay the same. What might be wrong?

Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:14 am

serpens wrote:
I don't know if it's caused by my wrong handling or an error, but it appears impossible to turn off that. Not only this, I've been manipulating with mapspots from 0,1 to 0,4 in many ways, but to no effect. It would all still stay the same. What might be wrong?

It seems impossible to turn what off? The shading? Use "TAB & S" Keys at the same time.

The 0,1 to 0,4 do work for setting the shading values. I just tested that exe here again... and it definitely changes the way that the shading works and the way the colours fade. What are you trying to achieve? Actual Fog?

If so... try using higher wall numbers like 25 + for the first 3 spaces and of course... 1 for the fog flag... All I did was take Ripper's tutorial and instead of it getting or setting the shade table via the "select (gamestate.mapon etc..) where he has 3 definite settings with the values being 0, 10, and 15... (In the wl_play.c) file... and told the program to get those values from the map instead... so... you might have to play with the values to get the look you are looking for.

I've tested all the settings in this release...and everything was working 100%. I could not produce the bug that someone else mentioned in the Poll thread either... The EXE is fine...

Tested EXE info: Date: 05/28/07 2:43am

Greg
BrotherTank

Last edited by BrotherTank on Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
serpens
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

poland.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:27 am

All right... I messed up a bit (namely, confused fog with shading and missed this tab+s combination... but never mind now). Anyway, everything is right now. Thank you.

Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Topics: 186

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:05 am

I've downloaded it and got it working. It's a pleasure to work with! This project sounds like fun, can't wait till June 30th!
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:08 am
   Subject: Map of the Month Club - Friendly Contest

Heh, I finished my map for the contest earlier today. I figured if the contest didn't pull through, I'd have something for my TC as an alternative.

I should name the map though, so I think I'll do that. And now that I have a full list of the map setting features and how to use them, I can fine-tune the level's features more to my liking. Smile

Should get all the work with it done by tomorrow night.
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:23 pm
   Subject: Map of the Month Club - Friendly Contest

Anyone know how to change the color of the shadow in the "Time" font? It seems I'm stuck with Light Grey, even though the color is different in other maps. Confused
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:01 pm

The TimeShadow is controlled by Spot 8 Vertical Left side of the map...
It changes here ok...

MCS has pointed out a few little mistakes - in the MLI cheat... which I have now fixed, but he also asked if anyone needed the debug keys to debug their maps?

Let me know, and if so, I'll enable those as well with a new password of course and then I will upload the fixed EXE (the problem he found is that if you press MLI it shows that it gives you the keys, but they didn't work or allow you to open the locked doors for some reason... strangely enough it was something else that I overlooked in the MLI code, as I store more than the keys in 1 variable now... ).

Greg
BrotherTank
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:04 pm

Actually, I found another BIG Bug... I only turned on half of the Bosses not ending the game... ooops... My bad... So I have to give you a new exe anyhow... I'll just turn on the Debug Keys and if you want to use them, just PM me for the password...

The Debug Keys (When Activated - Same activation keys as original just different password) are:

BackSpace-D = Kill everything on Level - To Calculate Total Score for a level.
BackSpace-C = Count all objects on Level
BackSpace-E = End the Level
BackSpace-F = Spot where BJ is Facing (location)
BackSpace-G = God Mode Toggle
BackSpace-I = Free Items
BackSpace-K = Give Key
BackSpace-M = Memory Info
BackSpace-N = No Clipping
BackSpace-Q = Quit
BackSpace-S = Slow Motion
BackSpace-T = ShapeTest
BackSpace-V = Extra Vlb's (Fastmonitor)
BackSpace-Z = Picture Grab

Greg
BrotherTank

The Links Above have all been updated with the latest file fix!! So if you haven't got the latest Time/Datestamp 05-28-07 11:53pm then you need to download the file again.
Lozer_42
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 49
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:06 am

I must say that this is really cool.
The way you have use be able to do these map effects just by editing the map...

I think I will give this Map Of The Month Club a try...

Awesome idea, Greg.

Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:34 am

Thanks Lozer_42 and everyone participating.. I hope you all enjoy it. I know the thought when I came up with this made me happy and smile.

Anyhow... I've already received received a couple of maps (yes Serpens yours was one of them). There is no rush. The mapping period is for the month of June. So we still have a ways to go (as it's still May lol...). I really didn't think people would be this fast with the maps. The only reason that I have one done myself is that I was doing it to test the features of the exe as I went along (I've been working on the idea for about 2 weeks myself - The idea came to me while I was really sick, if that means anything lol).

Anyhow... I'm sure that everyone is looking forward to not only playing your maps but voting as well. And with the interest and excitement that you've all shown so far, I can see this continuing for a long time to come.

Greg
BrotherTank
serpens
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

poland.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:29 am

BrotherTank wrote:
(yes Serpens yours was one of them).

Heh, thanks for letting me know and sorry again for bothering you. Embarassed

DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:55 am

Alright, I have been looking around the forums and have seen several links for the EXE but I'm not sure which one is the newest version...

[edit]
I must have missread something earlier; I downloaded the link above.

<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:58 pm

BrotherTank wrote:
The TimeShadow is controlled by Spot 8 Vertical Left side of the map...
It changes here ok...
Sorry, my mistake. I misread something in the documentation and was changing the wrong wall in the map. Embarassed Everything is 100% functional now. Expect a map shortly. And no, I didn't rush this map. It just got finished sooner since I had more free time than usual, and I also had to stick to the 400 Static Objects limit without Ammo Boxes, so I couldn't quite make the big maps I'm usually able to.

Something weird, though; Isn't Grey Stone 2 supposed to give you 30 seconds added to your par time? I keep getting 15 for some reason, as if the Grey Stone 1 wall was there instead. Haven't tried the newest EXE, though.

I'll also try to track down when that Pistol 2 Bug shows up and when it doesn't. I'll let you know if I figure it out. Smile

At any rate, thanks for adding the Static Objects report to the Debug messages. I always found that part helpful. Smile
Lozer_42
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:18 pm

Okay... I'm not sure what the problem is... but my graphics are all messed up when I use the EXE above with the original game files...

(what is wrong?)

[edit]
If possible could you add one thing. have space [0],[11] decide if shading will or will not be on the map.
I know that you can use TAB+S in game but I think this might be better.
...Because what if you don't want shading? I personally would like to not have to press TAB+S every time it changes.

<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:46 pm

Lozer_42 wrote:
Okay... I'm not sure what the problem is... but my graphics are all messed up when I use the EXE above with the original game files...

(what is wrong?)
Could you post a screenshot to show us what's "messed up"? My files worked fine, so I could send you whatever files you need to replace.

If it's simply the images displayed from VGAGRAPH, most images won't be garbled; they'll just be using images other than the ones that are supposed to be displayed, and all the wrong size; BJ pics will be used instead of a gun pointer, photos will be used instead of numbers ... things like that.
Lozer_42
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:59 pm

I believe it's a problem with the VGAxxxx.WL6 files...

This is one problem I had... The other is in the status bar...

Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:06 pm

Lozer_42 wrote:
I believe it's a problem with the VGAxxxx.WL6 files...

This is one problem I had... The other is in the status bar...

Ah... yes...

The infamous Apogee Version... The exe supplied works with the "Activision, ID, and GT" versions, but Apogee had to change things slightly.. Give me a day or two to dig out the exact changes and I'll include an Apogee version exe as well....

And yes, the problems are in the VGAGRAPH.WL6 file.... Not that it's a problem, just they have a slight difference over all the other versions...

Greg
BrotherTank
Lozer_42
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:09 pm

Okay...

Thanks Greg. Smile

Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:26 pm

It's fixed... Those of you with the Apogee version, you need to download the EXE again using the link given above. I have included in the same file BOTH exe versions. The apogee version is named "wolf3dap.exe" and everyone else using the other versions... just use the original EXE...

Anyhow... you just have to love that Apogee added 1 graphic in their vgagraph file... the added picture for Spear of Destiny... Which is not in any of the other versions... so it's 1 graphic that throws the whole thing off.

Anyhow.. it's fixed... Both exe's have exactly the same functions...

Greg
BrotherTank
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:30 pm

BrotherTank wrote:
The infamous Apogee Version... The exe supplied works with the "Activision, ID, and GT" versions, but Apogee had to change things slightly.. Give me a day or two to dig out the exact changes and I'll include an Apogee version exe as well....
Do a search for GFXV_WL6.H, and a tutorial I posted in Code Crackers should show up involving the bigger version of VGAGRAPH that you mentioned. You'll have to put "ClearMemory ()" commands in a number of places if you implement this, though ...
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:36 pm

Tricob wrote:
BrotherTank wrote:
Do a search for GFXV_WL6.H, and a tutorial I posted in Code Crackers should show up involving the bigger version of VGAGRAPH that you mentioned. You'll have to put "ClearMemory ()" commands in a number of places if you implement this, though ...

Already fixed. I just wasn't sure if I had included all the changes in the source code I was using for the Mapclub exe. I forgot that I switched my base files over ages ago, and all I have to do is select the version that I want...

ie:

::: CODE :::
   Wolfenstein / Spear of Destiny Version.h file
   Source (c)1992 Id Software
   DieHard QuickCode Source - 2003-2007+ By BrotherTank
================================================== */

/* ================================================ */
/*        Versions - Select the 1 version that you would like to build       */
/* ================================================ */
//#define SODV10          // - Spear of Destiny V1.0
//#define SODV14F         // - Spear of Destiny V1.4 Formgen
//#define SODV14FC        // - Spear of Destiny V1.4 Formgen - CopyProtection Enabled
//#define SODV14          // - Spear of Destiny V1.4 Activision/Id
//#define SODDEMO         // - Spear of Destiny Demo
//#define WOLF3DSV10      // - Wolf3d Shareware V1.0 Apogee
//#define WOLF3DSV11      // - Wolf3d Shareware V1.1 Apogee
//#define WOLF3DSV14AP    // - Wolf3d Shareware V1.4 Apogee
//#define WOLF3DV11AP     // - Wolf3d Full V1.1 Apogee
#define WOLF3DV14AP     // - Wolf3d Full V1.4 Apogee
//#define WOLF3DV14AC     // - Wolf3d Full V1.4 Activision
//#define WOLF3DV14ID     // - Wolf3d Full V1.4 Id Software
//#define WOLF3DV14GT     // - Wolf3d Full V1.4 GT
/* ============================================= */
/*   Palettes - Select the 1 Palette that you wish to use for your graphics  */
/* ============================================= */
//#define SPEARPAL        // - Spear of Destiny Palette
//#define CORR7PAL        // - Corridor 7 Palette
//#define BLAKEPAL        // - Blake Stone Palette
//#define NOAHPAL         // - Noah's Ark Palette
//#define BODYPAL         // - Operation BodyCount Palette
//#define DOOMPAL         // - Doom Palette
//#define QUAKEPAL        // - Quake Palette
//#define EODPAL          // - End of Destiny & Spear Resurrection Palette (AreYeP & MCS)
#define WOLFPAL         // - Wolfenstein 3d Palette (Default)

The fix is already uploaded and in place (see my post before yours).. The only difference between the Apogee and all the other full versions is the inclusion of 1 graphic. That graphic is the Add picture for Spear of Destiny. Why they included that when no-one else did - I don't know... but oh well. The problem is solved and only took me selecting the version in my version file and doing a compile and then.. packing and then FTP it up into the directories here at the forums...

Sorry it took so long... lol..

Greg
BrotherTank
Lozer_42
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:37 pm

Um... When I run Wolf3dap.exe, instead of showing a signon screen, the screen goes black and it then crashes shortly after that...

Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:41 pm

Are you using the Shareware Version? These exe's are for the Full Version wl6 games.. and I just tested that exe before uploading and it worked with the apogee version full - prefectly...

hmmm....

Greg
BrotherTank

edit: to fix spelling mistake above... prefectly... should be perfectly... gotta love dislexia...

Last edited by BrotherTank on Tue May 29, 2007 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lozer_42
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:42 pm

I was using the Full Apogee Version... The screen went black and then crashed...

Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:47 pm

Ok.. then you have a version that I don't. And I thought I had them all. E-mail attach the VGAGRAPH.WL6 File to my listed e-mail address and I'll dig through the graphics and create another fix for this specific version...

Greg
BrotherTank
Lozer_42
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:57 pm

I'm interested to know what this 'special version' is... The ancient floppy that we have in our basement says Apogee on it. So I'm not sure what the deal is...

Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:50 pm

It's not that special...

The problem that you have is that it's version 1.1 or 1.2. Those versions don't have the Ad for Spear and they don't have the Joystick Calibration. I've built that exe as well.. and put it in the download file.

@ALL:

So in the Download file you will find the following EXE's for the FULL versions named as:

Wolf3d.exe - Good for Activision, GT, and ID versions of the game
Wolf3dap.exe - Good for Apogee version 1.4 and 1.4g
Wolf3da11.exe - Good for Apogee version 1.1 and 1.2

Hope that helps everyone out now...

Greg
BrotherTank
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:30 pm

OT -

BrotherTank wrote:
The only difference between the Apogee and all the other full versions is the inclusion of 1 graphic. That graphic is the Add picture for Spear of Destiny. Why they included that when no-one else did - I don't know...
Simple. Spear of Destiny was being sold by Apogee, while the second-hand vendors carrying the Wolf3D title didn't sell SOD at all.
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:04 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Actually... Spear was being distributed/sold by Formgen...

The logical theory of it really is that ID was developing SOD and with the initial setup where ID released Wolf3d shareware and one could buy the original full version via Apogee (as they had the accounting and distribution initially). I think when the initial contract with Apogee ran out, others wanted in on the action and they probably had a feeding frenzy for the distribution rights, with GT eventually winning out. When GT went under, Activision and then Id itself took on the distribution.

It would have only been logical to advertise the game within the game.. and once released, it would no longer need the plug per say... The only two versions with the ad were releases before the initial distribution contract ran out (hence 1.1 and 1.2 versions were Apogee Specific).

But that's just my theory... You'd have to talk to the people in charge and in the know to verify it...

Greg
BrotherTank
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Time synchronized with the forum server time
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> DieHard Archives View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 17 Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to: