DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Map of the Month Club - Discussion 1
Page 15 of 17 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> DieHard Archives View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:21 pm
   Subject: Re: Map of the Month Club - Discussion 1
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Ok....

Here's the update. I tested the Map Blocking.. It's fine... Tested the Locked Door Open setting.. It's fine. This is the EXE that I was talking about that had the 2 spelling mistakes and the one true/false logic mistake.. The Standing Dogs still walk for whatever reason. Something somewhere is playing with the dog functions but it's stupid because the same standing functions are used by all the enemies... ie: Dogs, Guards, SS, Officers, and Mutants... so why the dogs walk and nothing else does has me totally stumped.

Anyhow... The new EXE is Here

Give that a try... 5 days left.. so find any bugs that you can and let me know...

Greg
BrotherTank

Edit:

PS: for anyone who hasn't got the whole package, the file MMC092407.ZIP has been updated with the latest exe... so check back a few posts (middle to end of previous page) and the link is there for the full package.

PPS: Oh... forgot one other thing... For those that would like to use this package for an actual mod and don't want things to reset between levels... Just place A Blank or Undefined (0) walltile on mapspot [63][63]. Added that so long ago and forgot to tell everyone... lol...

B Tank
AReyeP
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

Topics: 23
southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:01 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Just for everyone's info, the deadline for submitting maps is 32 hours away from when I post this. That still gives more than one day for anyone who's still wishing to send in a map. I've extended the deadline slightly as I know some people are trying to squeeze a level in but are finding time to be an issue, but also because I'll be at work when the deadline arrives and it's the 1st of October around the world. So I've decided to wait til I get home from work to prepare the package and post it for download etc.

We have 7 maps now so feel free to send in if you haven't Smile

Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:00 pm

Well... You have mine for this month, but I'm not sure about next months... lol... depends on how well I can operate the compture with just one hand.. and it being my left.... it won't make things easy because I'm right side dominant.

Anyhow... Has anyone found any other problems with the last EXE that I posted?
(other than those damn dogs that won't stop walking).. lol...

If there are no problems, I will give you all yet another bonus.. in a new exe... And it will have maximums of:

200 Enemies
700 Static Sprites
150 Visible items in any one view.

The other features haven't changed.. so there shouldn't be any problems with people not being able to make maps. I've given you the Mapedit, Floedit, and WDC define files... and with those new features, I don't expect anyone to have any real map block.... Well, maybe because now there is so much to choose from... lol.. I guess having this much control can make it difficult to decide what to do sometimes. For those that do get blocked, here are a few of my suggestions:

1. Forget the new features and just map like it was an original game.. only now you have a (excuse my lang) shitload of sprites that you can place on a map. With this many items, people can't say that a map was too sparsely decorated... lol...

2. Now this one will sound weird... but run the MapGenerator programs and have it design maps with NO Guards, Bosses, or Health/Ammo. Depending if you use the Spear or the Wolfenstein one, you will have a large selection of maps that you aren't going to use per say, but that can be great jump off points.

I was playing with them today and each one had different things that I liked... and those spawned ideas where if I took this part and put that with this part... Well, you get the message. Looking at the different maps and the rooms that it created almost spoke to me saying this would make a good barracks or armoury, etc, etc,..

3. Think and look at maps from the past. Or even take a map from the original... strip out all the enemies and decoration... add new rooms to it, change the elevator position and other things and re-populate it to suit your needs.

And Lastly... Remember that music is always a good thing to listen to while mapping. Depending on your mood and the music that you pick.. it can ease your mind and let the creativity flow.

Don't think of all the modifications and all the things that you have to do.. Make a fun map and if you can add things from all these extra featuers then go for it. I don't think the winners are winning because of the features per say... it's that they make the level fun, pay attention to detail (and with the new sprite limit you shouldn't run into problems now). For the maps submitted in September for the October release, I originally started the map and made it with no new features... I was going to try and show that it's not about the features, but just having fun. Now, some of you may guess which map is mine, some may not, but I will say that it's simple things like...

If you would normally put a pushwall for a secret.. try using the switch pushwalls to make the player have to do something for the reward...

If you would hide a key behind a locked door... You can use the Switch pushwalls there as well.

You can play with the players mind and use say a red or any locked door and have the player searching for something that isn't really needed.. by using the Switch Pushwalls..

Anyhow... I wish everyone the best in this months competition and next. And if there aren't any more problems found or things like that... When I get back from the hospital (and have had a few days/weeks rest), I will try and get started on the ultimate engine. I won't give away features or ideas that I have, other than to say that it takes everything you have now to a whole new level.

Greg
BrotherTank

PS: Does anyone want to use this engine as a base for their own game?? If you would like to... just remember put the blank or nothing on the lower righthand corner of the map [63,63] on each and every level of your game, and it will not reset any of the weapons, score, health, ammo... when you go to each new level.

B Tank
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:54 pm

Sorry folks, but I won't have a map for October. Sad Between becoming so obsessed with fixing a particular floor/ceiling bug in Sonder this past week (It turned out Adam had posted a bugfix for this problem many months ago) and composing a tune for my mod, I'd only come up with a quarter of a level for the Mapclub, and I ditched the map days ago. If anyone wants to play around with my incomplete level, just PM me an E-Mail address; there's really nothing more I can do with it. Smile
serpens
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 17
poland.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:39 am

OK, so we'll have at least one map in October's contest. Smile My level is basically done, it now just needs some testing and perhaps a bit of cleanup. Anyway, most probably I will consider it completed sometime soon and send it in.

<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 69

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:54 pm

I've also started my map, but I don't know when it'll be done.
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:07 pm

Ok...

Here's that Special EXE...Click Here to Download

It's 700 Static Sprites on any 1 map
Up to 200 Enemies on any 1 map
150 items in view at any 1 time...

Bang on that while the doctors bang on me.. lol... yep... in 11 hours from now, I will be in the operating room, hopefully getting my right shoulder fixed.... And then it's off to stay at the lovely Ward Whatever Inn... with 4 or 6 to a room... And for what the cost of it would be.. I could stay at a five star for a week or three... but anyhow... I've got my Heavy Metal MP3 CD loaded into the laptop and other than a little packing, I'm ready to roll...

Enjoy it...

Greg
BrotherTank

PS: I am re-writing the routines for Mapedit, in the Pascal Language, using the 7.2 version as the source. It's comming along slowly.. but I've got it working nicely. I just have to figure out how they added the version 8.? commands for Copy, Paste, and Fill style drawing.
AReyeP
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:07 am

Thanks for the new exe Greg!!! 700 sprites/150 in view at a time - there's a number of us that are going to love this Smile And if you can get Mapedit updated then I'll be thrilled!!! And great to hear you'll have the laptop and music of good taste in the hospital too Smile

I'm going to put together an MMC package for October over the next couple of days, hopefully it'll be ready for download by Friday. Basically I've taken all the things Greg has written about the new features added regards mapspots etc, and put it all into one file, and I'll be including all the game files so that there's no confusion regards anything.

There's so many new features Greg has given us power to control with the map that it may seem a little confusing for some, and it may be easy to make a mistake in a level whereby health items give say only 1 unit of health, or a boss drops the wrong key, or the ceiling colour isn't what you planned, so in the map files I'll have a number of "sample" maps, all blank, except for pre filled spots along the top and left. These maps will give you a "base" to start with (eg: map 1 for example, used as a base, will give you dark grey ceiling, light grey floor, and default values for health/ammo/treasure etc. Map 2 may give other values. Map 3 may give different colour ceiling/floor, etc etc). If there's a map "base" which suits your needs, then all the designer will have to do then is just pick the song they want and a few other personal choices. I'm hoping this allows mappers to concentrate more on their map by saving them some time given time has been difficult to find (speaking of which I still haven't updated the News page at areyep.com - I'm spending too much time on the MMC lol Smile )

DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 58
southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:13 am
   Subject: Map of the Month Club - Friendly Contest

I don't know if this will help but here's a guide that everybody can use for when placing the settings on a map.
It has everything from mapspot [0][0] (level song) to debug keys info.

Click here to download it. Take note that it's in *.doc format.

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 49
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:10 pm

Thanks Haasboy, I've already found this exretemely usefull...

Pixel Master
Pixel Master

southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:10 pm

Finally I've put together the October designer's kit - it can be downloaded here: www.areyep.com/MMCOCTDK.ZIP

Inside the zip file you should find everything you need for this month, including an instructions.txt file giving a complete and detailed rundown of all the features you can use etc. There's also a gif file (Floor Colour and Ceiling chart.gif) showing just what textures will give what colour ceiling/floor, plus map 1 in the gamemaps file is a blank map with the top and left rows preset to deafult settings so as to make things easier when you're starting into designing a new level from scratch. Thanks also to Ryan (Haasboy) for your guide (believe it or not I didn't know about the Backspace cheat commands, so I put them into the instructions.txt file too Smile )

Hopefully this will make things a lot easier as I know for me it was confusing at times given all the great new things we can now do.

PS: You can just import any map you've been working on into the gamemaps - it'll still work but the settings along the top and left rows will need to be checked as these are different to last month - map 1 in the gamemaps has default settings and you can just copy and paste them into your existing map.
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:07 pm

Thanks, AReyeP. I hope to get my map done by the end of this month. I unexpectedly got some inspiration for another map idea, and the Mapclub EXE's features will work real well with it. Smile
ronwolf1705
<B>Moderator</B>

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:05 am

If you let enemies pick up health, does this also include bosses? Because the boss on my level didn't pick up the first aid kits.
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Topics: 186

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:06 am

I don't know if this is a "bug", but here goes: It seems like the Hitler Ghost hasn't got a value slot, so it automatically drops a gold key when you kill it. Is there a way to avoid this?
ronwolf1705
<B>Moderator</B>

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:03 am

I also found a bug: When you're teleported, and get killed, the ceiling colours aren't changed back to their original state.
AReyeP
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:28 am

It seems there are a few minor bugs with this month's exe, but nothing too serious that can't be fixed by Greg. However, as Greg is recovering from his op (and if you are reading this Greg, all our best wishes to you and a speedy recovery), I'd suggest we work around the bugs for the time being. It may be best not to use the Hitler Ghosts, or teleporting into areas with other ceiling/floor colours so as to avoid the bugs reported - this can be limiting I realise, but it's better than going back to the August package.

Pixel Master
Pixel Master

southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:50 am

Hmmm, I just discovered something when I was working on my level with the October package - I went to load a savegame and it just won't load, it just seems to freeze the game. Anyone else experiencing this kind of thing?

DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:46 am

AReyeP wrote:
Hmmm, I just discovered something when I was working on my level with the October package - I went to load a savegame and it just won't load, it just seems to freeze the game. Anyone else experiencing this kind of thing?
Yip, I just tried it and it does the samething, plus upon saving the name or what ever you write in the slot appears in the main menu underneath quit (in blue). Well this is rather upsetting, I've just designed a really excellent level and we're probably goin to have to use this months engine for nexts.

* BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT *

Sorry just had to get all that out....................................................................................

Pixel Master

southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:16 am

Haasboy wrote:
AReyeP wrote:
Yip, I just tried it and it does the samething, plus upon saving the name or what ever you write in the slot appears in the main menu underneath quit (in blue). Well this is rather upsetting, I've just designed a really excellent level and we're probably goin to have to use this months engine for nexts.

* BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT * BULLSHIT *

Sorry just had to get all that out....................................................................................

Totally understood!!! Smile

Don't worry too much though, I'm certain Greg will be able to fix it before the month is over.

Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Topics: 4

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:36 pm

I just have to say, I think this is one of the best ideas to come around since this whole Wolf community has been around. I'm sure I'm like the 50th person to say that, but it's the truth. I love making maps, but never had the time to sit down to work on my own Wolf3d TC. I've tried it before in the past, more than once, and the idea would always fizzle out. Ultimately, I lost most of my old work, which is a real shame too because I made some freakin' awesome levels. So far all I've been able to turn up is a couple of maps I sent to someone about 4 1/2 years ago. I pulled them out the other day to play them and I think they turned out really well.

I'd definitely be interested in submitting some of my work and I think it'll really be a lot of fun.

By stroup85
Rywolf85
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:22 pm

There were a couple of questions I failed to ask earlier. First, what map editor is everyone using these days? It's been a long time since I've made any maps, so I'm kinda out of the loop right now. Last time I worked on anything, FloEdit 2.0 and MapEdit 8.4 were the two editors being used the most.

Second question, is anyone else totally not liking the new weapon transition effect? My problem is it takes way to long to switch from one weapon to another. It takes almost 10 seconds before I can start shooting again. I've already died a couple of times now because I run out of ammo, so the game switches to my knife, then when I find some ammo, while trying to switch back, a guard is shooting at me. It would be nice if this feature could either be removed, or toggled on and off like weapon bobbing is.

By stroup85
Haasboy
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:32 pm

Rywolf85 wrote:
There were a couple of questions I failed to ask earlier. First, what map editor is everyone using these days? It's been a long time since I've made any maps, so I'm kinda out of the loop right now. Last time I worked on anything, FloEdit 2.0 and MapEdit 8.4 were the two editors being used the most.

Second question, is anyone else totally not liking the new weapon transition effect? My problem is it takes way to long to switch from one weapon to another. It takes almost 10 seconds before I can start shooting again. I've already died a couple of times now because I run out of ammo, so the game switches to my knife, then when I find some ammo, while trying to switch back, a guard is shooting at me. It would be nice if this feature could either be removed, or toggled on and off like weapon bobbing is.
Well firstly there's now programs like WDC which can be found at winwolf3d.dugtrio17.com and chaosedit (not sure of the link for that one). Floedit is not the best program to use, as it is not 100% stable and does contain plenty of errors. Mapedit 8.4 is still by far the best map editor you can use.

You can switch off the weapon transition effect by pressing TAB+C

DieHard SS

Topics: 17
poland.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:32 pm

Rywolf85 wrote:

As far as I know, there is no editor which everyone would use. MapEdit, FloEdit, ChaosEdit, WDC, all of these are popular and in use. For me, WDC is best, but many others probably wouldn't agree. I don't think that it really matters, since creating a level isn't influenced by used editor too much, and for the contest, you can send in levels in all formats.
EDIT: the second part of my post dealt with the weapon switching, but I just read Haasboy's post, so this is obsolete...

<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 52
australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:01 pm

Welcome RyWolf! Were you posting here or elsewhere when you were making levels the last time you were around? What name were you under, I'm sure there's a few Wolfers from that time that may still remember you... Smile

I was a big fan of Floedit 2.0 as it's clearly the easiest to use IMO but I've switched to WDC now. I still have some problems getting the output files and stuff setup when I start a new project but the usability is pretty good once you get going. Chaosedit seems very popular but I haven't had the chance to have a go with it yet. Good luck with your entry and I look forward to playing some of your levels.

<---------- Hey look it says I'm a mutant!?!

"Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people" - Socrates
UnderHW
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 20

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:17 pm

Haasboy wrote:
and chaosedit (not sure of the link for that one).

There's thread for ChaosEdit in Beta-tester section, but the link was directed to correction address for this one...

any way, the download links for ChaosEdit where you can get it from either here or website..

http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/downloads.php?view=detail&id=12

or

http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uvaue/chaos/betas/CEprev1_25.zip

Back to topic, Thanks Brothertank for MMC, few other MMC getting puzzled out of me, but I love that way how MMC works.. (never commit any map. due to lack of good mapping the level, yes I have some map, which they are for my next mod.)

Don't Hurt Me

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:30 pm

Hi Haasboy. Thanks for the help turning off the weapon toggle. I read the first post of this thread and didn't see the key combo there. I haven't had a chance to read all 23 pages of this thread yet so if this was a feature added in a later EXE distribution, I didn't see it yet.

Dean, I made those levels back in 1999-2000 when the original Wolfenstein 3d Club was around (Yahoo Clubs was still around in those days). I also posted on the 3D Realms forums. It was a TC I was making called Rise To Power. I can't remember if I ever released any demo's or individual floor files. I built about 10 or 11 levels. A couple of years later I startled an untitled project and had built about 5 or 6 levels before I stopped working on it. I don't think I was a part of any groups or forums at that time. It's just a shame that I lost all this data because they really would've been a great addition to the contest, I think so anyway.

At any rate, I look forward to making many levels for the contest and being a part of this group.

By stroup85
AReyeP
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

southafrica.gif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:36 am

Great to have you aboard Rywolf! You may already have done so, but download the previous map of the month contest files and you'll be able to see what people have been doing. There's a lot of new features that have been added, which are covered in a text file included in the October designer kit (www.areyep.com/MMCOCTDK.ZIP).

Good luck and above all, have fun!

<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 52
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:07 pm

Hey RyWolf, Great to have you on board, always nice to have people come back to the community.

There is an old untitled zip around called 'rpsample.zip' is it yours? The letters in the title kind of match.
If not, do you have any idea where a copy might be? I'd love to have a look at some of your levels.

Good luck with getting back into mapping, I look forward to playing some levels from you.

"Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people" - Socrates
Rywolf85
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:17 pm

Hey Dean. If I'm remembering correctly, the zips I created started with RTP. However, it's entirely possible that ZIP could be mine. Where can I download it and I'll check it out.

I may have a couple of zip disks still around with some old levels on them. Unfortunately I've had a couple of those disks go bad on me. I don't have a zip drive on this computer but I have an old computer in the closet that has one so I'll try to pull that out and see what I can come up with. Just my luck, the disks that went bad will be the ones that had the files on them.

By stroup85
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:08 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Saved Game Bug - 1st and Number 1 problem on the list..

For those finding errors... It would be great to know what you were doing when the error occured... as well as the error number... but for your own reference... here is the error list:

ERROR LIST wrote:
::: CODE :::

ERR_ACT2_PATH_HIT_WALL =0x1000,  //                "T_Path hit a wall at %u,%u, dir %u"
ERR_DRAW_TOO_MANY_SPANS,         // 0x1001         "Too much spans!"
ERR_GAME_MAP_NOT_64x64,          // 0x1002         "Map not 64*64!"
ERR_MAIN_DEMO_LOOP_EXIT,         // 0x1003         "Demo loop exited???"
ERR_MENU_NO_DATA_FILES,          // 0x1004         "NO WOLFENSTEIN 3-D DATA FILES to be found!"
ERR_PLAY_OBJLIST_FULL,           // 0x1005         "GetNewActor: No free spots in objlist!"
ERR_PLAY_REMOVE_PLAYER,          // 0x1006         "RemoveObj: Tried to remove the player!"
ERR_STATE_WALK_BAD_DIR,          // 0x1007         "Walk: Bad dir"
ERR_STATE_MOVE_BAD_DIR,          // 0x1008         "MoveObj: bad dir!"
ERR_STATE_ATCK_SIGHT,            // 0x1009         "An actor in ATTACKMODE called SightPlayer!"
ERR_TEXT_WORD_LIMIT,             // 0x100A         "PageLayout: Word limit exceeded"
ERR_TEXT_WRONG_HEADER,           // 0x100B         "PageLayout: Text not headed with ^P"
ERR_TEXT_WRONG_TERMINATE,        // 0x100C         "CacheLayoutGraphics: No ^E to terminate file!"
ERR_DOORS_TOOMANY_DOORS,         // 0x100D         "64+ doors on level!"
ERR_OBJ_TOOMANY_STATICS,         // 0x100E         "Too many static objects!"
ERR_OBJ_TYPE_NOT_FOUND,          // 0x100F         "PlaceItemType: couldn't find type!"
ERR_CA_FARREAD_64K_LIMIT,        // 0x1010         "CA_FarRead doesn't support 64K reads yet!"
ERR_CA_FARWRITE_64K_LIMIT,       // 0x1011         "CA_FarWrite doesn't support 64K reads yet!"
ERR_CA_AUDIO_FILE_ABSENT,        // 0x1012         "Can't open AUDIO.xxx!"
ERR_CA_UP_PAST_LVL7,             // 0x1013         "CA_UpLevel: Up past level 7!"
ERR_CA_DOWN_PAST_LVL0,           // 0x1014         "CA_DownLevel: Down past level 0!"
ERR_CA_CANNT_OPEN,               // 0x1015         "Can't open xxx!"
ERR_MM_SEG_SPANS_TWO_BLCK,       // 0x1016         "MML_UseSpace: Segment spans two blocks!"
ERR_MM_NO_PRGE_BLOCKS,           // 0x1017         "MM_ClearBlock: No purgable blocks!"
ERR_MM_OUT_OF_MEMORY,            // 0x1018         "MM_GetPtr: Out of memory!"
ERR_MM_FREE_NOT_FOUND,           // 0x1019         "MM_FreePtr: Block not found!"
ERR_MM_PURGE_NOT_FOUND,          // 0x101A         "MM_SetPurge: Block not found!"
ERR_MM_LOCK_NOT_FOUND,           // 0x101B         "MM_SetLock: Block not found!"
ERR_MM_BLCK_ORDER_CORRUPT,       // 0x101C         "MM_ShowMemory: Memory block order currupted!"
ERR_MM_CANNT_OPEN_DUMP,          // 0x101D         "MM_DumpData: Couldn't open MMDUMP.TXT!"
ERR_MM_DUMP_CREATED,             // 0x101E         "MMDUMP.TXT created."
ERR_PM_PAGE_MAP_FAILED,          // 0x101F         "PML_MapEMS: Page mapping failed"
ERR_PM_EMS_FREE_ERROR,           // 0x1020         "PML_ShutdownEMS: Error freeing EMS"
ERR_PM_XMS_ZERO_ADDR,            // 0x1021         "PML_XMSCopy: zero address"
ERR_PM_XMS_COPY_ERROR,           // 0x1022         "PML_XMSCopy: Error on copy"
ERR_PM_XMS_FREE_ERROR,           // 0x1023         "PML_ShutdownXMS: Error freeing XMS"
ERR_PM_NOT_ENOUGH_MAIN,          // 0x1024         "PM_SetupMainMem: Not enough main memory"
ERR_PM_READ_NULL_POINTER,        // 0x1025         "PML_ReadFromFile: Null pointer"
ERR_PM_READ_ZERO_OFFSET,         // 0x1026         "PML_ReadFromFile: Zero offset"
ERR_PM_READ_SEEK_FAILURE,        // 0x1027         "PML_ReadFromFile: Seek failed"
ERR_PM_READ_READ_FAILURE,        // 0x1028         "PML_ReadFromFile: Read failed"
ERR_PM_PF_OPEN_FAILURE,          // 0x1029         "PML_OpenPageFile: Unable to open page file"
ERR_PM_OFFSET_READ_FAIL,         // 0x102A         "PML_OpenPageFile: Offset read failed"
ERR_PM_LEN_READ_FAIL,            // 0x102B         "PML_OpenPageFile: Length read failed"
ERR_PM_EMS_FIND_FAIL,            // 0x102C         "PML_GetEMSAddress: EMS find failed"
ERR_PM_LRU_SEARCH_FAIL,          // 0x102D         "PML_GiveLRUPage: LRU Search failed"
ERR_PM_NO_XMS_LRU,               // 0x102E         "PML_PutPageInXMS: No XMS LRU"
ERR_PM_IDENT_REPLACE,            // 0x102F         "PML_TransferPageSpace: Identity replacement"
ERR_PM_KILL_LOCKED_PAGE,         // 0x1030         "PML_TransferPageSpace: Killing locked page"
ERR_PM_REUSE_NON_EXIST,          // 0x1031         "PML_TransferPageSpace: Reusing non-existent page"
ERR_PM_ZERO_REPLACE,             // 0x1032         "PML_TransferPageSpace: Zero replacement"
ERR_PM_PAGES_AVAIL_LIED,         // 0x1033         "PML_GetPageBuffer: MainPagesAvail lied"
ERR_PM_PURGED_MAIN,              // 0x1034         "PML_GetPageBuffer: Purged main block"
ERR_PM_SEARCH_FAILED,            // 0x1035         "PML_GetPageBuffer: Search failed"
ERR_PM_NON_SEG_PTR,              // 0x1036         "PML_GetPageFromXMS: Non segment pointer"
ERR_PM_INVALID_PAGE_REQ,         // 0x1037         "PM_GetPage: Invalid page request"
ERR_PM_SPARSE_PAGE,              // 0x1038         "Tried to load a sparse page!"
ERR_PM_LOCK_NON_SOUND,           // 0x1039         "PM_SetPageLock: Locking/unlocking non-sound page"
ERR_PM_TOO_MUCH_PAGES,           // 0x103A         "PM_Preload: Pages>=ChunksInFile"
ERR_PM_XMS_BUF_FAILED,           // 0x103B         "PM_Preload: XMS buffer failed"
ERR_PM_XMS_EXCEED,               // 0x103C         "PM_Preload: Exceeded XMS pages"
ERR_PM_PAGE_TOO_LONG,            // 0x103D         "PM_Preload: Page too long"
ERR_PM_NO_MAIN_OR_EMS,           // 0x103E         "PM_Startup: No main or EMS"
ERR_SD_INVALID_DMA,              // 0x103F         "SDL_SBSetDMA() - invalid SoundBlaster DMA channel"
ERR_SD_INVALID_IRQ,              // 0x1040         "SDL_StartSB: Illegal or unsupported interrupt number for SoundBlaster"
ERR_SD_ILLEGAL_POS,              // 0x1041         "SD_SetPosition: Illegal position"
ERR_SD_BAD_SND_NUM,              // 0x1042         "SD_PlayDigitized: bad sound number"
ERR_SD_BAD_INSTR,                // 0x1043         "SDL_ALPlaySound() - Bad instrument"
ERR_SD_UNSUPP_ADDR,              // 0x1044         "SD_Startup: Unsupported address value in BLASTER"
ERR_SD_UNSUPP_IRQ,               // 0x1045         "SD_Startup: Unsupported interrupt value in BLASTER"
ERR_SD_UNSUPP_DMA,               // 0x1046         "SD_Startup: Unsupported DMA value in BLASTER"
ERR_SD_UNCASHED_SND,             // 0x1047         "SD_PlaySound() - Uncached sound"
ERR_SD_PRIORITY_WITHOUT,         // 0x1048         "SD_PlaySound: Priority without a sound"
ERR_SD_ZERO_LEN_SND,             // 0x1049         "SD_PlaySound() - Zero length sound"
ERR_US_STR_EXC_WIDTH,            // 0x104A         "US_CPrintLine() - String exceeds width"
ERR_VH_WIDTH_NOT_DIV_4,          // 0x104B         "VL_MungePic: Not divisable by 4!"
ERR_VL_NO_VGA,                   // 0x104C         "You need a VGA graphics card to run this!"
ERR_IN_DEMO_PLAYBACK,            // 0x104d         "Demo playback exceeded"
ERR_IN_DEMO_OVERFLOW,            // 0x104e         "Demo buffer overflow"
ERR_DOS_DISKFREE_CALL,           // 0x104F         "Error in _dos_getdiskfree call"
ERR_PATCH_INVALID,               // 0x1050           "ApplyPatch: Invalid patch number!"
ERR_BAD_SCALE_CALLED,            // 0x1051         "Bad Scale Called"
ERR_SCALE_EXCEED_SPACE,          // 0x1052         "Compiled scalars exceeded allocated space!"
ERR_SCALE_CANT_BUILD,            // 0x1053         "Can't build Scalers"
ERR_GAME_DEMO_PAST_EOF,          // 0x1054         "Read from 'game demo file' past EOF"
ERR_NO_JAP_FILEFOUND =0x2000,    //                "NO JAPANESE WOLFENSTEIN 3-D DATA FILES to be found!"
ERR_NO_SOD_FILEFOUND,            // 0x2001         "NO SPEAR OF DESTINY DATA FILES TO BE FOUND!"
ERR_NO_SDM_FILEFOUND,            // 0x2002         "NO SPEAR OF DESTINY DEMO DATA FILES TO BE FOUND!"
ERR_NO_W3D_FILEFOUND,            // 0x2003         "NO WOLFENSTEIN 3-D DATA FILES to be found!"
ERR_TESTING_ERROR =0x3000,       // 0x3000         "Error Trip during Testing Phase"

I saw another error mentioned but in typing this, I can't remember what it was. I will get them all written down tomorrow.. Not to worry, those errors will be fixed before the end of the month. You will be using this EXE - even if I have to have a typist sit in front of me and work typing what I need them to do to fix the code. This one hand hunt and peck typing sucks...

Anyhow... I'll post more in a day or so when I am feeling better. Each day brings me closer to being the semi-lucid person I was before the surgery... lol... Let's hear it for Wonder Meds... I'll post a pic or two and some update to my health thread then as well.

Greg
BrotherTank

PS:... Yell... Rant.... Rave... But you will have the working EXE by the end of the month. My lawyer will make sure that I have what I need to keep my life going in order... and if that means someone to sit and type for me.. so be it.

B Tank
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Time synchronized with the forum server time
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> DieHard Archives View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 15 of 17 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to: