DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Mac Graphics Extraction 1
Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> DieHard Archives View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Wolfenstein3D Fan
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 10

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:43 am
   Subject: Mac Graphics Extraction 1
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

can someone say how I make all the objects in 64x64 please? or can someone say how I make that without the picture is half away and that its still nice??

in chaosedit if I resize it via there it is verry ugly. Also in SpriteMaker.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
doomjedi
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 104
israel.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:24 am
   Subject: Re: Mac Graphics Extraction 1
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

No no no.....don't use those tools for resizing.
I personally use microsoft's "Photo Editor" for manual resizing. But there are many other tools that allow resizing...Including free programs like "XN View", "Irfan View"........etc.
About how nice the result will look - it depends of many factors, including if it's "round resize" (50%) or not-round one (25%/75% will usually look worse, stuff like 31% even worser...). So in cases 50% is too large, I usually manually edit sprites after resizing, to compress some lines via "copy"/"drag 1/2/3 line/s up/down/left/right"/paste action. This way I get the good quality of 50% resizing (as the stage after that is manually controlled as I choose which lines I can "sacrifice"), and yet the final image fit smaller sizes (64x64). Sometimes when small details like eye dissapear in downsizing, there is no way than manually add them back in.
Wolfenstein3D Fan
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:32 am

Ok, thanks. I already have irfan view lol

and also now it doesnt like a mac sprite anymore Sad

and if I want to save it as a 256 color bmp all the colors are losed

can you make them please? it are

untitled 32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42.

or better, can you make all the enemies good please?
Crying or Very sad
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Topics: 186

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:29 pm

XMS for DOOM is quite good... But that's only if the game's actually for DOOM and in a .WAD-file. Cheer up though... Almost all of the Wolf-MAC games are made by Laz Rojas, and are easy to get I think. Smile

Welcome to the board, by the way! I liked Kill Him when it came out first. Perhaps a little clumsy design, but very tense and spontaneous! Beer
doomjedi
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

israel.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:14 pm

You can't deal much with the color loss unless you'll use MAC palette for your mod. But anyway don't save the files to 256 color palette. Save in for 24k colors in MS-Paint. Then open Sprite Maker and make the convertion to 256 colors there, you'll get a better result.
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:39 pm

That's why when I extracted the graphics in the first place that I didn't convert them to 64x64 and over to the Wolf palette. I left them original so that anyone who might want to use them could make any chagnes they wanted, be it palette, size, etc.. and because they were in original Mac Palette, that it would make the conversion easier. Imagine a graphic that was converted to 64x64 with the wolf palette applied and then you decide you want the Blake or Doom palette for your game... the conversion of palette again makes them look even worse. And blowing them back up in size to 128x128 with either WDC or ChaosEdit would again modify them into something with much less detail - for anyone wanting to create a game using the 128x128 graphic modification patch in the Tutorials section of the forums.

I hope that is a satisfactory answer and explanation as to why they are what they are. And I hope it helps the negative comment that was given to the download. The download doesn't say 70+ graphics from each game.. It says 70+ graphics in each of the 10 directories used to extract the various graphics from the different games.

And with all this confusion and problems with the graphics... I'm sorry that I did it to begin with. That way there would have been no bitching about which graphics I extracted and anyone wanting to use them would have had to go through all the same trouble that I did to get them out of the MAC environment. That was over a weeks worth of work. And by the looks of it... a total waste of time. Try to do something nice and there will always be at least one person that you offend. I'm slowly learning the best solution is not to do anything as when you do nothing - you offend no-one and thus don't end up feeling guilty or bad for trying to do something nice for others.

Sorry for inconveniencing anyone/everyone....

Greg
BrotherTank
Raziel
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 49
israel.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:40 am

@BT: I can't even tell you how happy I am that you've released those Graphics! Smile
I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw it, it was like a dream that came true! thanks again BrotherTank I really appreciate that! Very Happy

-Razi

Bring 'em On

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:43 am

@etzem thinking 100% the same!

@bt that comment wasnt negative.. why is it negative?
and I ain't say that it is bad man, how you get all that in your head? I nothing said it was bad, and I did nice.. wow man sorry but I dont know what you are talking about

@Doomjedi I will try, thanks Wink

@thomas, thank you! Smile what is dumbsy btw?
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:22 pm

OT -

BrotherTank wrote:
And with all this confusion and problems with the graphics... I'm sorry that I did it to begin with. That way there would have been no bitching about which graphics I extracted and anyone wanting to use them would have had to go through all the same trouble that I did to get them out of the MAC environment. That was over a weeks worth of work. And by the looks of it... a total waste of time. Try to do something nice and there will always be at least one person that you offend. I'm slowly learning the best solution is not to do anything as when you do nothing - you offend no-one and thus don't end up feeling guilty or bad for trying to do something nice for others.
Don't feel bad about doing people favors. It's not practical to go around determined not to offend anyone. There's always going to be someone who's offended somewhere along the line. Some people just have a different train of thought than others. It helps us come up with ideas that others don't have. It helps us solve problems that others can't. That what makes forums effective. And when the different trains of thought cause things to clash, moderators help get things back in order.

The practical thing to do is to be polite, assertive, and helpful whenever possible. I for one wasn't offended at all that the graphics were changed. The only thing that went wrong was that the maps were already done with the old VSWAP in mind.
Wolfenstein3D Fan
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:43 am

What? do you all saying this to me?

what did I wrong? jeez thats why many leaved this forum -.- -_-
Raziel
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 49
israel.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:18 am

Wolfenstein3D Fan wrote:
What? do you all saying this to me?

If you read it properly you should of seen that he wasnt talking to you.. But to BrotherTank.. So read things twice if you need before you understand them...

canada.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:47 am

@Wolfenstein3d Fan:

You wrote in the comments for the file that, and I quote:

Wolfenstein3d Fan - Download Comment wrote:
Nice, they are from Laz rojas's deluxe scenarios but there arent 70 + graphics on each one. not even 30 maybe.

Yes, I took that as a negative comment because you didn't read the description for the file. The description doesn't say that I extracted 70+ graphics from each game... It says that there are 10 directories within the archive that have 70+ graphics in each one. And they are not just from Laz's projects. They are from many sources including stuff from Clubey.

BrotherTank - Download File Description wrote:
Graphics ripped from many of the Mac version games by BrotherTank. The graphic authors are unknown except for the Japanese graphics and the Cat graphics that I specifically know were made by Clubey. There are 10 directories with an average of 70+ graphics in each one.

There are over 1000 graphics in that file if I am not mistaken. And I only extracted from the files that could be extracted and in those, only the graphics that weren't duplicated from any of the other files as I was extracting. I didn't want to waste space in duplicating the same graphics over and over, and yes, I didn't label them as "these graphics from this game" and "those graphics from that game". The work that I did do in extracting them took over a week of my time. I left them original so that people could modify them as they needed for their own projects.

Wolfenstein3d Fan wrote:

You didn't understand what was posted. And then complained in the other thread that your conversions were not working out and that I should extract more from certain games for you.

As to people leaving this forum..... That's a cheap shot. Wasn't it you that just left the forums "Wolf3d Haven"?? And wasn't it you and a few others over there that were taking shots at this forum? And then you come and log in here and then say that because you didn't understand that Tricob was speaking to Me, that that is why many people leave the forums??

The reason people leave forums is because kids come in and don't use proper english and want everyone to do the work for them. They want things yesterday and if someone doesn't answer immediately it's because they believe they are being ignored. These kids leave because they either can't read, or have little understanding of what they are reading.

Either way... That's not my problem. That is theirs. We have a great community here and I'm proud to say that we have been doing this and doing it well for over 6 years now. And there is no mass exodice from these forums. So please - as I said to the Forum Admin from "Haven".... We don't slam his forum here and he shouldn't slam our forums there. We don't go there to start problems, and I hope members of his forums aren't comming here to start problems here.

Please... By all means... Enjoy the sprites that I have extracted. But, you are probably going to have to take some time and learn to use one of the many programs that people have suggested to convert the sprites to something that you are proud of. It will take time. The other option is to use the source that Tricob mentioned as it will allow you to use the sprites in the 128x128 size - you will still need to convert them to the game palette that you wish to use.

Enjoy the forums.... Read things carefully - and if you don't understand something ask. Don't assume that everything said is directed at you... especially when he quoted what I said... And as I always say... Remember that you are new to the forum and it may take time for people to respond to the things you are asking. Let them have that time... We all have different scheduals and real lives outside of theWolfenstein World. Work to fit in... and you will find that in general, this is a very happy and friendly place to visit. And lastly, remember the rules of the forums...

Anyhow... I've said my piece....

Greg
BrotherTank
Wolfenstein3D Fan
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:43 pm

taking shots of this forum? I aint taking shots, btw Im/we not making problems..

doomjedi
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

israel.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:21 pm

The more recent rumor is that wolf3d fan was actually banned from wolf3d heaven forums for banning guys for no reason....so he joined DHWolfers.
Yet, unless given moderator priveleges, he has been proven kinda harmful, and occasionaly cute Smile Still, I wish he'd read BrotherTank's post well....
Wolfenstein3D Fan
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:47 pm

' occasionaly cute ' that is good?

the rest is all bullsh*t I aint harmfull man why is always everybody against me in real life too god whats wrong with me? I didnt banned guys that admin is talking bullsh*t and I was earlier here -_-
ronwolf1705
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 69

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:52 pm

And now you are lying.

You have banned him, you even apologised to him and to the admin of Wolf3d Haven.
Wolfenstein3D Fan
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:02 pm

yeh only him because he said bad things about me
ronwolf1705
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 69

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:08 pm

I'm posting this for the admin of Wolf3d Haven:

allthisandwolf3d
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 13
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:17 pm
   Subject: Mac Graphics Extraction 1

ok lets not bs, here, wolf3d fan
i am the admi of wolf3d haven.
and i banned you for finding a bug and abusing it to ban other members.
i never gave this guy mod powers intentionally.
also, i would like to point out, wolf3d fan DID apologize, so i let him back, but afterwards he cracked and started flasmming/spamming worse than ever.
due to this, i have decided to perma ban wolf3d fan, but never got hhis ip afterwards.
so this is no rumour.
as you have seen, above, in ronwolf's thread, there is the proof that he apologized. as for the proof he spamms/flame, just go to my forum....
yes, the picture ronwolf showed you was my email.

canada.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:48 pm

Admin and Moderator Hats On

You know what....

This is DieHard Wolfers - Not Haven. I don't care what was done over there. I care about what is done here. I don't want the fight or whatever it was over there brought here. Effective immediately... This will stop. Again - This is exactly what I asked Allthis Not to do and/as we would not go there and do this to his forum.

So Once again... This stops NOW!

ANYONE Who Continues this Will receive an immediate 7 day Ban. Should they find that after being banned they still have to continue this thread/topic - The ban will be made PERMANENT. So PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THESE POSTS AND ACCUSATIONS!!

THIS IS THE MAC GRAPHICS EXTRACTION THREAD - PLEASE RETURN TO THAT SUBJECT!

Greg
BrotherTank
Forums Admin
Wolfenstein3D Fan
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:27 pm

Anyway, are the 128 x 128 sprites high resolution sprites?
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:10 pm

Yep, at least as far as the Wolfenstein source code is concerned.

It's been said that 256x256 and 512x512 images are possible in the code as well, but it's pretty pointless; even in a Full Screen window, you couldn't see the images completely.
Wolfenstein3D Fan
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:02 am

lol, but what do I have to search for in the search function?

I searched for: 128 x 128 sprites and high revolution and Hi-Res in the code section but I find nothing ><
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:17 am

Lets see...

128 high Res Sprites

And if you really want to limit the search - look for posts by "Ripper". The other place to look is the very first post in both of the Code Sections... It contains a thread called "Code Tutorial Listings" and you will probably find stuff in there as well.

The other place to find it is on the Chaos Software Homepage... in the Tutorials section...

Greg
BrotherTank
Wolfenstein3D Fan
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:22 am

Ok thanks, yes I saw that topic but I didnt saw it listed in there.

Sorry but I searched what you said, looked in THAT topic but cant find anything what is the topic name called? directional sprites for example?
dunkelschwamm
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 11
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:02 am

This isn't about the 128*128 thing you guys are talking about, but I just figured you may be interested:

The Deathknight from the Mac version of Wolfenstein 3D sized down to 64*64 using Game Maker Sprite Editor, in PC Wolfenstein pallette compared to the original PC SOD version.

I just thought that it may show that even if you didn't beef up the limit, it would still look higher quality and not just like the old pc sprites. Just trying to be helpful Very Happy

Bring 'em On

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:59 am

can't somebody just pst the link? I searched the whole forum etc.. ><
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator

canada.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:40 am

Go to the Memberlist (up in the top menu) - Click on "R" - look for "Ripper" - Click on the WWW Icon. When you get there - look for the Tutorials Button.....

Greg
BrotherTank
Wolfenstein3D Fan
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

netherlands.gif

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:41 am

Thanks Smile but he says:

Now open WL_DRAW.C and change the green marked code in the ScalePost function:

yoffs+=((postx+i)>>2);
yendoffs=viewheight/2+ywcount-1;
yw=127;
while(yendoffs>=viewheight)
{
ywcount-=64;
while(ywcount<=0)
{
ywcount+=yd;
yw--;
}
yendoffs--;
}
if(yw<0) break;
#ifdef SHADE_COUNT
col=curshades[((byte far *)postsource)[yw]];
#else
col=((byte far *)postsource)[yw];
#endif
yendoffs=yendoffs*80+((postx+i)>>2);
while(yoffs<=yendoffs)
{
vmem[yendoffs]=col;
ywcount-=64;
if(ywcount<=0)

but all these lines aren't in WL_DRAW.C Mad

And I also dont understand this:

Now change the following green marked parts in HitVertWall, HitHorizWall, HitHorizPWall and HitVertPWall as follows:

texture = ([x OR y]intercept>>2)&0x3f80;

what do I have to do by x OR y ?

Please help Sad
dunkelschwamm
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 11
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:03 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Just a suggestion, why not ask these questions on the tutorial thread?

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> DieHard Archives View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: