DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Beyond the Grave [OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE - October 31]
Page 4 of 8 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:08 pm
   Subject: Re: Beyond the Grave [OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE - October 31]
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Soldat 555 wrote:
Chris wrote:
Soldat555 = ThunderEnema?
Anybody who bothers looking at those screenshots would see the difference in our work: I don't screw with color palettes, don't like making the whole vampire-themed games (my last and only one was A World Of Rage), never did double doors, never liked parallax sky in Wolf3d games (It flat-out sucks when you have canyon walls and the clouds disappear after passing black boxes), nor have I ever made a statusbar like that. Furthermore, everyone who reads these messages would know I don't deal with DoomJedi's criticisms as... Politely, as ThunderEnema does.

I told people here I was done making games and even IF I decided to change my mind, I wouldn't waste my time announcing my work here. They say "when you assume you make an ass outta you and me" but in truth, yeah you just make one out of yourself. I'm much happier writing and playing video games is a better use of my time than making them.

Righto. I guess your thread/video here is just a(nother) lie then?

Federal Cases: Tara Carmichael SDL - Coming soon
ThunderEnema
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 4
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:41 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

@Chris: I am really not sure why you are convinced that I am Joshua. I live in Everett, Washington. Josh lives in California. Yes, we correspond a lot, we help each other out on projects, and we've gotten to point where I can honestly consider him a friend. Why that translates to you as Josh taking on another identity is beyond me. I don't know how I can prove to you that I AM NOT Josh and I am not sure I really care. Twisted Evil 2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:00 pm

Chris wrote:
Righto. I guess your thread/video here is just a(nother) lie then?
Federal Cases: Tara Carmichael SDL - Coming soon
Well congratulations, Chris. Once again you proved you are a self absorbed person who gets off on sitting lazily in a chair, NOT creating games or anything, but merely changing the subject from what's at hand and say, "You're all gonna listen to me now." You wanna bitch me out and say I'm a God awful person, build yourself a blog and join the long list of pieces of worthless D-bags that hate my guts... Or at least start a topic in the Howling Wolfers section. You wanna act like an adult, then what you feel you have to say MIGHT be taken seriously.

I mean for crying out loud, the least you could say is "Welcome back" or "Sorry I was a total pain in the ass when you left mod making." For your information, ThunderEnema has been asking me to post my work on DHW again because he personally felt my games were good enough to deserve more attention than just a few of my friends. And here you are, not saying jack about the mod and completely changing the subject away from his work just so people will listen to you be a self-centered attention whore that gets his/her kicks by chewing out other members.

Yeah, I lied. Yeah, I'm still making entertaining games. Yeah, I am writing stories and hoping to be a published writer. Yeah, I still do prefer playing video games over making them because I think it's more fun (The fact Tara Carmichael wasn't released a long time ago). Yeah, you made yourself look like a complete idiot when you thought ThunderEnema is me showing you can't actually tell the difference between peoples' work. What's next? Assuming I'm actually Gerolf? Richter Belmont? TheJosh (After all his name IS the same as mine)? Maybe I'm actually AReyeP and this whole site is a bunch of fake identities purposefully to make you paranoid... You never know.

Seriously if we're done listening to this sad excuse of a moderator that acts like he/she's still in diapers, can we please... Oh I don't know... Get back on topic and discuss ThunderEnema's work or demo conundrum? Or maybe him and I need to post Facebook links, and/or copies of our IDs and Birth Certificates just to please the paranoid juvenile self centered jackass that is Chris. Rolling Eyes

EDIT: Okay, I admit my error that I thought Chris was a moderator but it looks like I was wrong and I apologize for that. Razz
Dean
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 52
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:23 am

Already boys, play nice please. All I can suggest is not to take anything too seriously that Chris posts here, he's kind of the Court Jester of the Community. (I'm sure He'll understand what I mean by that and not take it the wrong way!) Did you think that maybe he's doing it because you bite every time?

And just to clarify, Chris (Who is definitely Male - stop questioning it!) used to be a Moderator many years ago but stepped down from the role by choice, that might be where you are getting confused.

"Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people" - Socrates
gerolf
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 161
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:36 am
   Subject: Announcing: Beyond the Grave

Rolling Eyes

Anyways, this project is awesome even in unfinished state! That says a lot folks!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:24 pm

Dean wrote:
Already boys, play nice please. All I can suggest is not to take anything too seriously that Chris posts here, he's kind of the Court Jester of the Community. (I'm sure He'll understand what I mean by that and not take it the wrong way!)
Bit of a difference man, jesters made themselves fools whereas what Chris does is antagonize. If a jester antagonized anyone in a royal court, they'd be thrown in the dungeon, tortured, or simply killed. If they antagonized someone in the village, villagers would beat the snot out of them. In High School when people antagonized or bullied (As that is antagonizing is) me like he does, they got the crap kicked out them. Problem with what they call cyber-bullying, is it's antagonizing, harassing, and you can't really do anything about it on sites like this.
Dean wrote:
Did you think that maybe he's doing it because you bite every time?
This is true, however doesn't make it justifiable. That's like saying, "It's acceptable to rob a bank if the teller hands you the money." Or even worse, "It's okay to have sex with a minor if she wants to." There's no justification, it's uncalled for. I'm merely standing up for myself like I always had to do, online and in the real world.
Dean wrote:
And just to clarify, Chris (Who is definitely Male - stop questioning it!)
Well, that confusion is expected when you list yourself as a woman on a website. If I listed myself as a gemini on the dating website I go to, how many people would really think "He's actually an aries, he's just screwing with us"?

Now like I said before, could we get back to ThunderEnema's topic? It's his project after all and he's already made it clear in his last post he got pretty pissed at Chris.
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Topics: 186

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:37 pm

I'm 100 % with Soldat_555 on this one. Mods cannot keep pretending all users on the forum are little children, always sharing the blame. Sometimes it's just one person [Censored] it all up for all the others, as is the case here.

AND I DO... Think it's nice that a mod like this is in the works. 'Bout time we get a 'spooky' mod again. Beer
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:40 pm

Soldat 555 wrote:
Well congratulations, Chris. Once again you proved you are a self absorbed person who gets off on sitting lazily in a chair, NOT creating games or anything, but merely changing the subject from what's at hand and say, "You're all gonna listen to me now."

I'm a fan of the game, that's why I'm here. I'd never say that the forum and the people here are "not worthy enough" or a "waste of time". It's nice to hear that you changed your mind though, and that you semi-apologized for lying and being pompous/disrespectful to everyone here with that comment (underneath a bunch of random hate/filler ramblings Laughing ).

Soldat 555 wrote:
Or maybe him and I need to post Facebook links, and/or copies of our IDs and Birth Certificates just to please the paranoid juvenile self centered jackass that is Chris. Rolling Eyes

Sure. How about a video of "Hades Lewis" himself holding a laptop and showing his game with some scenery from Everett, Washington in the background? If nothing else, it would be entertaining to watch, instead of your own name/photo being plastered all over his videos.

And I never "assumed" anything (hence the question marks). Your overly lengthy and defensive replies are "interesting", and somewhat suspicious to me, though, to say the least. I'd be fine if you were the same person if you weren't constantly bumping each other's threads exactly when other threads get replies (I guess I'm not helping by replying, sorry Majik). Razz
gerolf
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 161
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Just let it go, let it go, (let it go, go let it be alone)..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:36 pm

Seriously, you don't see how insulting it is to suggest someone using 2 completely different personalities to make games? To actually do that is just down-right pathetic. And frankly, when I announced I wasn't gonna make games anymore it was you that called me emo with my decision and being an idiot for serving the military. Why should I apologize for coming out of the dark and make games so people can play and enjoy?

The things you claim are "interesting" and "suspicious"? I made a video for Team Raycast's Batman mod and I credited myself at the end just like in ThunderEnema's video! If I played more awesome games there would be more videos, but most of the others that catch my eye (Like Majik's) don't have that many levels and I simply don't want to reveal too much. Has it even occurred to you that maybe we talk about each other's projects because we like them more than the usual simple styled projects most people crank out (No offense intended to those that make them)? So yeah, you are rude, disrespectful, apparently untrusting, and once again you're changing the subject from someone's hard work to talk smack and give a poor attempt to justify yourself for picking a fight with me. I don't know what you're issue is with me but you seriously need to grow up.

P.S. My facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/madwolf555 .
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:45 pm

gerolf wrote:
Just let it go, let it go, (let it go, go let it be alone)..

Thumbs Up

Back on topic...

Chris wrote:
How about a video of "Hades Lewis" himself holding a laptop and showing his game with some scenery from Everett, Washington in the background? If nothing else, it would be entertaining to watch...
Dean
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 52
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:17 pm

Josh - I was trying settle things down so that 'THIS' didn't continue as it has. I'm no trying to be a school teacher or anything here and take sides so don't take things that I've said so personally or that I'm justifying what Chris has said or that you feel you have been mistreated. Ok, the court jester, although i felt it was amusing and quite apt, obviously didn't sit with you, but then again if we look hard enough any of us can find anything in anyone's sentences to pick apart if we try hard enough...

*Moderator hat on* - Ultimately what it comes down to is that Chris is entitled to his opinion and unless he breaks any forum rules (including flaming or being abusive etc.) then there's very little that can be done, and I can assure you none of the mods want to take on any type of disciplinary role here unless we absoultely have to. Basically, Chris doesnt have to apologise to you if you feel you need one, no one does - yough, but it's reality. Sometimes we just need to brush things off and agree (or ignore) to disagree. Basically we just need to get back on topic, if we can now please...

"Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people" - Socrates
Soldat 555

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:09 am

Constantly harassing someone IS abusive, Dean. Besides, how many times have I asked to do that same thing (Go back on topic)? Twice had ThunderEnema replied to Chris making it clear he was pissed off he went off topic with that paranoid suggestion, "Thunder Enema = Soldat555?". And when I WAS in High School, the whole reason I beat crap outta punks and bullies is precisely because no one in charge actually felt like doing anything. Here's a thought, if all Chris does is harass people and not say anything constructive about a mod then why is he even allowed in the Addons/Mods section of the forums? He doesn't actually contribute anything, just tries to make it all about him which he obviously has here. I never replied to egg Chris on, I did it so readers would think and realize, "Soldat 555 makes sense, Chris is just being an annoying punk."

But you made it perfectly clear: You guys don't WANT to do something so nothing gets done. It doesn't matter, ThunderEnema's got my email and my Facebook page so if he wants to get a hold of me about his work he knows where to do it.

Thomas, thanks for being the only person who had my back. Smile
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:24 am

You're welcome, man. Still looking forward to this project! Beer
ThunderEnema
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:40 pm

Falsely accusing someone of taking on an alternate identity, twice mind you, is antagonizing, and downright rude. I think it falls under the category of a "deliberate attempt to cause conflict" (Source: Forum Rules). Suffice it to say, Chris chiming in about me supposedly not being who I am had nothing to do with the topic of this thread. I hate that it has come to this, and I appreciate Joshua and Thomas for their support.

Now, back on topic (and hopefully the moderators don't decide to delete this thread). I'm still looking for at least one more beta tester. Would you be interested Thomas? Smile

Mapping Master

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:54 pm

Ha-ha, I'm flattered but I'm afraid I have to pass. Currently I'm beta testing various other projects, mostly SDL ports of older, established mods. But I'll gladly give it a run-through once it has been tested though, just to make sure 100 % that everything works as it should. Smile
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:10 pm

@Soldat555/ThunderEnema: I wish there was something I could agree with you guys on, but there isn't, so I guess we'll just have to "agree to disagree", as Dean already said.
BrotherTank
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 153
canada.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:17 am

Just for the record...

ThunderEnema: Request: 24.16.241.216

connected to whois.arin.net [199.71.0.47:43] ...
from whois.arin.net:43 [cached 2012-11-09 12:52:07 UTC]

Comcast Cable Communications WASHINGTON-9 (NET-24-16-0-0-2) 24.16.0.0 - 24.19.255.255
Comcast Cable Communications, Inc. EASTERNSHORE-1 (NET-24-16-0-0-1) 24.16.0.0 - 24.23.255.255

Soldat 555: Request: 66.82.162.40

connected to whois.arin.net [199.212.0.48:43] ...
from whois.arin.net:43 [cached 2012-11-09 12:52:51 UTC]

NetRange: 66.82.0.0 - 66.82.255.255
CIDR: 66.82.0.0/16
OriginAS:
NetName: DIRECPC-1BLK
NetHandle: NET-66-82-0-0-1
Parent: NET-66-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
Comment: ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
OrgName: Hughes Network Systems
OrgId: HNS
Address: 11717 Exploration Lane
Address: DirecWAY Network Management Center
Address: attn: Network Security Manager
City: Germantown
StateProv: MD
PostalCode: 20876

So they are from two completely different ISP's from two completely different states. Hopefully this information will stop this and allow things to settle down.

Greg
BrotherTank
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

Topics: 80
usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:21 pm

I am still looking forward to this project, as well as any future updates.

I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:40 pm

@BrotherTank: Thank you for clearing this up.

@MajikMonkee: I appreciate your support. Smile

I am Death Incarnate

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:49 pm
   Subject: Beyond the Grave [Update]

For those still paying attention to this thread, and the progress of this game, I have not flaked out--I am still working on this project! Smile

Progress has been really slow for usual reasons (work and life). I can't stress how happy I am to have Gerolf and Joshua helping me out with graphics.

For my beta testers, I hope I can get something to you in the next couple of weeks. I was really wanting to get this released by the end of this year, but that's not in any way practical, given the amount of work that's left to do. With that said, I can't really set a specific release date. I estimate maybe March. All in all, I'd say it's close to 50% done.

Now, on to some updates.

-Beyond the Grave now features a much larger variety of enemies than I had originally anticipated--I've probably added somewhere between 5-8 new enemies (and counting).

-I've added a "vampiric abilities" feature to the game. The vampire protagonist you play as is now armed with an arsenal of unique abilities that are powered by the blood you drink (if you've played Vampire: The Masquerade--think of it as like your character's blood pool). These abilities include: temporary invisibility, healing, and more.

Here are some updated screenshots:

I've been experimenting with changes to the HUD. At this point I'm kind of unclear about the direction I want to take when it comes to the HUD. Should I stick with how I had it originally? Go with how I have it in the first screenshot (with the three icons, that I ripped from Warcraft 2 by the way, that show what abilities you can use)? Or go with the second screeenshot that has additional information on your character's stats (Score, Relics, Weapon) at the top left of the screen?

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 103
israel.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:11 am

Nice pics!
Weapons look good, semi transparent HUD also.

I guess what is important for you are the "to improve" notes.

Pic 1: Floor doesn't fit to be a floor, this is a clear vertically assimmetrical wall-type texture. So it just doesn't look natural very square look with just one mossy side.

Pic 2: Is it floor from Hexen? If so - again - very poor choice, as it's a clear outdoor "autumn" floor with fallen leaves on it.
ThunderEnema
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:47 am

Yeah, some of the floors/ceiling textures need to be fixed (the floor textures I am using on some of the levels are just placeholders until I find more appropriate textures). I honestly have not given that part the attention it needs at this point in the project as I've been putting more of my attention on coding, graphics, and map layouts.

DieHard Wolfer

israel.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:42 am

I can always suggest you good floors - just ask and describe the "concept" for that floor.
What resolution are floors
ThunderEnema
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:47 am

The resolution is 128x128. I would appreciate suggestions, however I'd prefer not to discuss it on this thread. Do you mind if I email you?

Also, you might be relieved to know that I no longer have an M16 in the game. Smile

DieHard Wolfer

israel.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:38 am

Quote:
Also, you might be relieved to know that I no longer have an M16 in the game. Smile

Good choice ! Thumbs Up
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:00 pm
   Subject: Re: Beyond the Grave [Update]

ThunderEnema wrote:
Should I stick with how I had it originally? Go with how I have it in the first screenshot (with the three icons, that I ripped from Warcraft 2 by the way, that show what abilities you can use)? Or go with the second screeenshot that has additional information on your character's stats (Score, Relics, Weapon) at the top left of the screen?
I'd go with the second screenshot, but I'd skip the icons on the upper right. The text on the top left works because it's transparent. But IMO, the top-right icons are too distracting.
Arielus
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 20
argentina.gif

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:39 pm

This mod of yours looks truly promising, ThunderEnema. Congrats on those screenies.

Ariel

I am Death Incarnate

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:01 am

For those of wondering... no, this is project is not dead. Maybe undead... but definitely NOT dead (very lame joke I know).

At any rate, I've been seeing this "Advanced Shading" feature cropping up in a few projects and I decided to implement the feature in Beyond the Grave using WLHack's tutorial. Here are the results. I have posted two sets of screenshots for the sake of comparison: one set with advanced shading and the other set without advanced shading. I have very mixed feelings about this new shading feature so any feedback would be welcome!

Beyond the Grave WITH advanced shading:

Last edited by ThunderEnema on Thu May 09, 2013 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
ThunderEnema
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:06 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Beyond the Grave WITHOUT advanced shading:

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 4 of 8 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Jump to: