DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

My departure
Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Speak to Us View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Officer-Michael John
Banned
Banned

Topics: 66

blank.gif

Currently banned
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:43 am
   Subject: My departure
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Attention all Wolfers! I mentioned last few days and then I'm gone. It does not mean to permanently leave! Some things because it 'll go, but also the Haven Forum may be found me. Then there will be active. I'm sorry.

If you are interested, why I go away. I'll explain as private.

Best Regards:Officer-Michael John
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 165
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:02 pm
   Subject: Re: My departure
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

No matter what reasons you have for leaving, I should at least say thank you for what mods you've ported to Wolf4SDL. Take care. Smile
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:21 pm

I'm interested. PM sent

Also, Leo didn't eat my tacos so they're still up for grabs:

TheTalentedMrLeo
Forum Administrator
<B>Forum Administrator</B>

Topics: 36
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:09 am

Chris wrote:
I'm interested. PM sent

Also, Leo didn't eat my tacos so they're still up for grabs:

Hey, I was going to eat those, I swear! Surprised
gerolf
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 162
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:54 am

It's really messed up that he feels the need to leave because of what was said about him. Sure, he makes a lot of threads each day and it's hard to understand everything he says, but he is a dedicated wolfer and should feel welcome at one of the oldest Wolf forums there is.

Topics: 36
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:24 pm

gerolf wrote:
It's really messed up that he feels the need to leave because of what was said about him. Sure, he makes a lot of threads each day and it's hard to understand everything he says, but he is a dedicated wolfer and should feel welcome at one of the oldest Wolf forums there is.

What in particular was said that would make him feel so unwelcome? Most of his threads are incoherent, that much is true and unfortunate, but have you taken a look at the SDL subforum? The first four pages are nearly dominated by threads by him. It gives me the impression that this person puts little to no effort into doing a little research of their own, no? I'd have to say he's more over-zealous with the POST button than a dedicated Wolfer. And are threads like this [url="http://diehardwolfers.areyep.com/viewtopic.php?t=7228"]one[/url] necessary? Confused
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:23 pm

http://wolf3d.darkbb.com/t3347-a-shout-out-to-my-friend-michael-john

Last edited by Chris on Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Topics: 186

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:08 pm

I'm sort of with Gerolf. I mean, I too saw many of his posts as spam, but I'm thinking its more a naivity kind of thing, to which I can relate, I think Gerolf can relate as well... I mean, much as I respect them, Chris and Leo never had to "battle" moderators and BrotherTank like I had to in my first couple of months. They never had to constantly be reminded that their English skills were crap. I suppose that side of it hits home with me - and possibly Gerolf too - as we can sort of relate to the constant persistence of Michael-John's posts and demands.

I'm on the fence here... I'm not going to say it's not a relief that there's not 10 new posts waiting which are more or less the same thing or a question or something placed as a topic, but I don't know if that's why he's taking a "leave of absence" either. I also think it's not going to stick. He'll be back soon enough. He's at the Haven forum too, still. I did a similar thing when I clashed with BrotherTank after various necroposts etc... Again, I sort of get where Michael-John comes from, you know, it's 2015 and he's talking about Himmler's SS and all sorts of ancient, ancient mods nobody apparently gives a crap about anymore. So it's a personal thing. But as moderators, viewing it from that angle, I can sort of understand your point. And I see absolutely no problem in locking threads that are - hands down - pointless.

Like Chris, I also received a lot of pm's from Michael-John regarding ATAW, but I never responded as I had no idea whether or not he could comprehend what I tried to say, and also, the fact is I simply cannot help him. I no longer possess the ATAW files.
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:19 pm

The way I see it, it's been pointed out that you should check the Tutorials thread for topics related to what you're posting, and do so *before* creating a new topic. He simply doesn't want to do that - period. Since forum rules dictate that he has to anyway (as that request was posted by BT), Officer would rather leave than do things the right way.
RichterBelmont12
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 97
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:17 pm

This thing is kinda reminding me when I first join this forum, I was asking soo many questions and was kinda annoying and all that jazz :\

https://www.facebook.com/RichterBelmont123

https://twitter.com/Richterbelmont6
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:47 pm

Yeah, I remember you got picked on constantly, mainly because of your spelling. I don't know. Was it dyslexia? The way you spelled things made me think of that, as I know several dyslexics.
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Even I entered the internet on the really wrong track, and it was some years before I even came close to the road you see me on today. This particular road I'm on right now is where I rid myself of every trauma I've got ... and I don't go to the next one until the current one is dealt with. That information which I don't want to forget I'll record in a little electronic journal, and I still find the journal growing to this day. There's even been a few stories spawned from it all, and since I was wanting to get back into writing anyway, I'm all for it. Smile
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:00 am

What has that got to with this subject?!
ronwolf1705
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 73

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:56 am

Tricob went off on a tangent there. I guess he was trying to relate his situation to O-M J, or something. Razz

Anyway, I always perceived O-M J as being a slightly naive teen, trying to fit in with this community (which I think is reflected in the 'record amount of users online'-thread). Unfortunately hampered by his English and his inability to use the search function of this forum, which makes his posts seem like spam. But overall I think he means well, you know, no malicious intent or anything. But what Chris has said is valid too, and I can totally understand his frustration when it comes to communicating with someone who you don't completely understand and who most likely doesn't grasp everything you said to him. That way, it also hard to learn from your mistakes.. I mean, if you explain the search function in English and you don't know what people are on about.. you keep on making the same mistakes (though I don't know if him asking about seeing ATAW3D in an editor falls under that category). But that is always going to be a problem on a forum where the main language is English. Only way to fix that, is to improve your English skills.
gerolf
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 162
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:21 am

I can see the moderators stand point but as Thomas said, there were plenty, myself included, users who started here with similar behavior as Officer, and we are still here and matured. Hopefully he doesn't give up and takes the time to learn how to communicate better with the members of the forum.

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:40 am

I sincerely hope Michael-John will get better at English. In this globalized, modern world I find it hard to believe a young man cannot get better at English. And he will, as Gerolf said, mature... We all will. See, the heart of the matter is that we deal with a game which attracts interest from teenagers and youths like myself from all over the world, and we come to a neatly prepared forum run by adult English-speaking males who know very well what life's about and what the deal is. That's what it is. It's a clash of personalities, due to age (excepting their then-minions Kyle Albert & ZuljinRaynor who did their best to mock Richter/Kyo) and geographical location. I also feel it's about talent to a certain extent, if you are really good at something, and put together something like Operation: Todpfad or whatever and there's a guy who's the same age as you who talks like a bad Monty Python sketch and make crappy levels while using even crappier graphics, of course you get to boast a little. I would've. Gerolf, myself, even Ron (who's of course way more diplomatic) grew up online rather than having grown up, lived life a little, and then entering the world of Wolf and later the Internet. It's a huge difference in line of thought and general demeanor. I sincerely hope Michael-John will fess up and get better at English. I've got a feeling we have a lot in common in terms of Wolf.

And I'm not slagging anybody, I'm just stating my opinion. ack, AReyeP, Brian Lowe, BrotherTank, MCS, that whole gang... I've long since talked to all of them in some sort or another and they are great, open-minded people. As I've already said, sometimes one needs to view this as an online forum with ample reason of wearing the moderator hat firmly on your head.
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:23 pm

OT -

ronwolf1705 wrote:
Tricob went off on a tangent there.
Indeed I did. My apologies. Smile
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:24 pm

Tricob wrote:
OT -

Lol I think you have 2000 posts that begin like that.
RichterBelmont12
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 97
usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:30 am

OT-

Thomas wrote:
Was it dyslexia?

It was Aspergers plus that i can type super fast at times.

Yes I was picked on here ROYALLY If I recall maybe I was making low-end mods like the bottom of the Wolf3d Barrel, I honestly have no idea my views on my mods are to be honest. In the end I get very heavily criticized . I can say the mods I make are Sub-par (Balames87 Have Cancelled my Project: X Videos. I can understand why) But after saying all thos things why am I still making mods? Because....Its a hobby, Even tho I don't get mush help around here due to it being a small community, But I still happy at myelf to be able to make mods that people enjoy or Criticize.

https://www.facebook.com/RichterBelmont123

https://twitter.com/Richterbelmont6
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:51 pm

I must admit, there were sets of yours that were sub-standard, but so were many of my first sets. I enjoyed playing some of them though, they were a fun shoot 'em up kind of thing. And the more recent one had lots of coding and advanced graphic features... In the end I think it comes down to the actual gameplay, and levels were never really your thing, which is the case with many, many Wolfers who often felt levels merely got in the way and just had to be made. So I can understand that. And it is a hobby... I also keep on making mod after mod for this very reason, even if some of them merely create a little fuss in the first few days of its release and then that's it.

Asperger's - I had no idea that was another side of it. I was diagnosed with autism at the age of 3 myself, so I've lived with it for a long time and while certain things are easier for me than they are for my autistic/Asperger mates, there are still some vital points in my life where there needs to be a precaution of sorts. You see, in this way I feel we understand each other a little bit better. I knew you had Asperger's as you've mentioned it before but didn't know if it was appropriate to post. Either way, the royal picking stems from misunderstandings, slight sloppiness, naivety, a wee bit of elitism and the simple thing of teenagers trying to piss off territory vs. old dogs who know the business. At least it is in my view.
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:57 pm

Re: Asperger's. I was diagnosed as Learning Disabled at first, High-functioning Autistic at second, and now it's Asperger's Syndrome. I thought the High-functioning Autism was the closest to what I have. I suspect I suffered from temporary brain damage as a newborn baby, and that's why I started developing normally later in life.
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:21 am

I had a hunch. I now understand way better why your interests and anecdotes sneak their way in to your replies. Often times I hold back when I post, but I think I went off the leash at the Haven forum one time too many. But it's good to see people aren't afraid to say what they are. Respect renewed...
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:48 am

I'm a Jackass.

Thanks in advance for respecting me more now Thomas. Thumbs Up
Joshua
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 189

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:17 am

I need to remember to use the search function. I like the fact that Tricob is on practically everyday to help with SDL coding. Without him and other SDL coders, I would have given up SDL coding in regards to new features not in Wolfenstein 3D or spear and not done it anymore. Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes has ADHD with a touch of Asperger's. People with Autism are bright. Calvin is bright even though in the comic strip he did so poorly in school.

I like Officer Michael-John. To me, I like seeing the SDL forum have high activity. I am going to use it to get help with coding a rocket launcher if I need to. For the rocket launcher code, there are SDL tutorials for it that I will look up first.

Last edited by Joshua on Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:24 pm

OT -

jpb6891 wrote:
For the rocket launcher code, there are SDL tutorials for it that I will look up first.
The one I use is by Richter Belmont. In fact, it's one of the few things in the WolfDX code that actually worked right 100%. Razz
Cyanosis
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 34
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:57 pm

Supposedly I have high-functioning autism as well. Kinda interesting to see some other Wolfers have similar mental 'deficiencies'.

In response to sets where level design is subpar as long as it flows well (e.g. constantly making progress and not getting lost or being forced to backtrack long stretches to make progress) then I can forgive weak mapping as long as it's fun and flows seamlessly from one action to the next.

I think I might of been too hard on Spear Revisited come to think, it played alright and was quite a blast-a-thon, just didn't care for the mapping.
Officer-Michael John
Banned
Banned

blank.gif

Currently banned
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:30 am

Because the Haven Forum is very react to things, and therefore I stepped up. t's full of SDL Code Crackers because I am not professional in SDL coding as WSJ,Mario Brothers,LinuxWolf. It's not a comeback! I just came to ask for help SDL code. Only a Wolf 3D Dome connection on my day off or reboot (December 29) I'm going to come back. Just in case something bad or who have made me forgive someone that is good for me. Only thus can I accept his apology.
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:43 am

removed

Last edited by Chris on Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Officer-Michael John
Banned
Banned

blank.gif

Currently banned
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:12 am

Told him that I was not very clever as you possibly LinuxWolf or WSJ. I'm a little mad at you because you wrote that gibberish Hungarian google translation. It stabbed at my eyes and therefore do not come away completely! If you are not going to be very big trouble. Now you understand why you have to help me.
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:23 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Officer-Michael John wrote:
I'm a little mad at you because you wrote that gibberish Hungarian google translation. It stabbed at my eyes and therefore do not come away completely!

I was definitely not in a "normal state of mind" when I created that thread. Reading it again later, the personality of that post reminded me of the younger Chokster37 on the old Yahoo forums who was quite a s*** disturber. I'll just leave it at that. Laughing
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Speak to Us View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to: