DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Passage to Höllenteufel RELEASED
Page 1 of 3 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 64

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:23 pm
   Subject: Passage to Höllenteufel RELEASED
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Click the link below to download it. ModDB release will come after initial feedback here at DHW forums, to assure there are no overlooked bugs or anything of the sort.

http://wolfenvault.com/files/barry/PTH.2.zip

EDIT: Update January 31, 2017

Passage to Hollenteufel has been updated with a new finale to close it out. It was originally planned to be released as Phase 1 and Phase 2/Final. Atomprojekt became far more ambitious and longer than I originally planned it to be, so I don't plan on revisiting Passage to Hollenteufel at this time to finish off Phase 2. Passage to Hollenteufel v1.2 contains the following changes from previous versions.

-New Floor 32, which features the final battle with Hitler intended to cap off Phase 2.
-New track on Floor 23
-New track on Floor 25
-Add the SOD sound for the 20 ammo box

The levels are divided into sections, each with a theme. The elevator out of each section (except for the Tunnels) is guarded by a unique boss. The sections included are as follows.

1-5: Tunnels
6-11: Dungeon (Boss: Captain Schwarzsicht)
12-21: Old Castle (Boss: Ubermutant)
22-31: Keep (Boss: Colonel Feuerspritz)
32: Hitler

See the "Read This" section for the full storyline. Screenshots are below.

Hope you enjoy and post any feedback you may have to this thread.

Last edited by Barry on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:29 am; edited 4 times in total
Tris

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:39 pm
   Subject: Re: Passage to Höllenteufel RELEASED
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Aw yiss.
Phone disconnected, bacardi and coca cola in the fridge, a bag of crisps on my desk and wife and daughter asleep - tonight's Hollenteufelnight!
ronwolf1705
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 69

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:13 am

Looking forward to playing this one when I have the time! Smile
pwojo588

Topics: None
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:17 am
   Subject: Re: Passage to Höllenteufel Phase 1 RELEASED

omg yaaas! i was watching some gameplay of this on youtube and i cannot wait to play this. hmm...perhaps a 100% walkthrough of this i will do on my channel.

Smile
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:54 pm

You have your work cut out for you; there are 30 levels in all, and the par times of some of them are 9:00 in all. I can't imagine the time it'll take to do 100% on each one.
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:29 pm

Tricob wrote:
You have your work cut out for you; there are 30 levels in all, and the par times of some of them are 9:00 in all. I can't imagine the time it'll take to do 100% on each one.

These are large levels, especially towards the end of the mod. They are about to get even bigger as I've begun work on Phase 2, implementing the code for 128x128 this morning.

Unlike some of the levels in my classic mods, I will say this is designed so that 100% is obtainable and isn't overly tedious/borderline boring trying to get it. For instance, there are no elaborate pushwall mazes and there are no labyrinths that take up a third of the map, only containing a few pieces of treasure at the end.
Matthew
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 91

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:53 pm
   Subject: Passage to Höllenteufel Phase 1 RELEASED

I've played a little of it.

I played Armageddon back in 1999 and The Road to Neuchschwanstein soon after it was released in 2000. Armageddon was the first Wolf3D add-on I ever played. I found them very memorable, but thought that they were way, way too easy. Enemies almost never have a chance to flank the player; they are just placed straight ahead of the player, so you can just take cover and shoot at them. This was the case with Barry's other add-ons as well.

I was looking forward to seeing if this would improve in Barry's next add-ons (Operation Spierheimer and Blitzkrieg), but he cancelled them.

In this add-on, it certainly has improved. From what I've seen, the levels are challenging.

Barry wrote:
Unlike some of the levels in my classic mods, I will say this is designed so that 100% is obtainable and isn't overly tedious/borderline boring trying to get it. For instance, there are no elaborate pushwall mazes and there are no labyrinths that take up a third of the map, only containing a few pieces of treasure at the end.

I remember Level 3 of Armageddon. Smile

It actually took me around a year to figure out how to access the areas behind the locked doors that require the wooden key. I eventually was able to get into the large room with many crowns, by luring a guard to open the door, but not the other doors, and I wasn't able to get the wooden key. I had to look at the map in a level editor to figure out the solution, which I didn't figure out how to do until around a year later (I didn't have a Wolf3D map editor when I first played it, and the filenames are changed).

All that time, I wondered what was behind those doors. That level had a powerful impact on me, and I had many dreams at night about it.

I've found the Old Castle and Pipeline sections in Armageddon so memorable, I actually am considering making a mod that takes place in them. In this mod, BJ would start out in the area behind the columns at the start, and there would be a pushwall there. He would then get to explore parts of those sections he hadn't before.

When you reached the Level 3 area, you would start out in an area that was inaccessible before because it was hidden behind a blocked pushwall. Once you entered the main level area (which you had previously explored in Armageddon), you would find that you can no longer access the area with many pushwalls.

This means that you need to find another way of getting a wooden key. I wonder if you can guess what that is. Smile
Chris
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:02 pm

Speaking of Barry's older mods, I actually remember liking The Six Depths of Terrorism. For me it was sometimes quirky but in a good way, whereas Armageddon and TRTN felt quirky in a cheezy/unfitting way, if that makes any sense. I think I'm gonna play TSDOT again and see if I'm remember it as well as I think (I do remember it had some elaborate and long pushwall mazes). Laughing
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:30 am

Matthew wrote:
I've played a little of it.

I played Armageddon back in 1999 and The Road to Neuchschwanstein soon after it was released in 2000. Armageddon was the first Wolf3D add-on I ever played. I found them very memorable, but thought that they were way, way too easy. Enemies almost never have a chance to flank the player; they are just placed straight ahead of the player, so you can just take cover and shoot at them. This was the case with Barry's other add-ons as well.

I was looking forward to seeing if this would improve in Barry's next add-ons (Operation Spierheimer and Blitzkrieg), but he cancelled them.

In this add-on, it certainly has improved. From what I've seen, the levels are challenging.

I understand where you are coming from in terms of the difficulty of my older work. This had to do with my mapping tendency at the time to give each room its own floor code rather than give clusters of rooms the same code and deafing enemies I always wanted to remain unalerted until seen. In terms of my mapping style, this is one of the biggest changes in PTH compared to my earlier mods.

Operation Spierheimer never got off the ground. Blitzkreig did, which later became Wolfenstein Forever which became Passage to Hollenteufel. The older, original levels though were inferior in my opinion so I didn't include them in the mod that I just released. I wanted to get this out much much sooner, but every time I would start making progress, life would draw me away from it, sometimes for years at a time.

Matthew wrote:

I remember Level 3 of Armageddon. Smile

It actually took me around a year to figure out how to access the areas behind the locked doors that require the wooden key. I eventually was able to get into the large room with many crowns, by luring a guard to open the door, but not the other doors, and I wasn't able to get the wooden key. I had to look at the map in a level editor to figure out the solution, which I didn't figure out how to do until around a year later (I didn't have a Wolf3D map editor when I first played it, and the filenames are changed).

All that time, I wondered what was behind those doors. That level had a powerful impact on me, and I had many dreams at night about it.

I've found the Old Castle and Pipeline sections in Armageddon so memorable, I actually am considering making a mod that takes place in them. In this mod, BJ would start out in the area behind the columns at the start, and there would be a pushwall there. He would then get to explore parts of those sections he hadn't before.

When you reached the Level 3 area, you would start out in an area that was inaccessible before because it was hidden behind a blocked pushwall. Once you entered the main level area (which you had previously explored in Armageddon), you would find that you can no longer access the area with many pushwalls.

This means that you need to find another way of getting a wooden key. I wonder if you can guess what that is. Smile

I am very glad to hear that Armageddon impacted you in such a way. I seem to remember having similar dreams about id's original levels back when all I had was the Shareware version of Episode 1 as well as the mod Temporary Insanity (the first mod I ever played, before discovering MapEdit). I had the official iD hint book that came with my registered WL6 set when I finally got it in 1997, and while having the maps is nice, it takes a lot of the awe and mystery out of playing a level.

That would be awesome if you decide to make that mod!

Chris wrote:
Speaking of Barry's older mods, I actually remember liking The Six Depths of Terrorism. For me it was sometimes quirky but in a good way, whereas Armageddon and TRTN felt quirky in a cheezy/unfitting way, if that makes any sense. I think I'm gonna play TSDOT again and see if I'm remember it as well as I think (I do remember it had some elaborate and long pushwall mazes). Laughing

Let me know what you think of the mod today (good or bad).

The Six Depths of Terrorism was popular in 1998 as it was only the third mod that changed the EXE, after Chokage and Assassinate Hitler. It lost a lot of favorability though largely because of the "Labyrinth" section of the game which features plenty of pushwall mazes and essential items hidden, which to many people is the second worst thing next to loads of bosses in terms of turning them off a mod. I'm really glad you liked that aspect of it.

Looking back, I feel the final 20 levels or so were rushed, but because of my personal situation at the time I had to release it when I did or it would have had to wait another six months to a year. I was a lot more satisfied with Armageddon.

Not really sure what was quirky about TRTN being that it was pretty close to a vanilla mapset with basic code changes, four keys, etc.
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:55 am

One more thing I want to add,

Though Passage to Hollenteufel is (loosely) a sequel to the Road to Neuschwanstein, this game is overall a separate beast from my earlier work in terms of quality, balance, and difficulty. I would confidently say the mapping in this mod is as big of a jump in quality compared to Armageddon as Armageddon was compared to Domination.

DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 165

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:11 am

I was the primary tester during this mod's testing phase and I'd like to both second and add considerably to what Barry said above.

I've played every mod Barry has made since Armageddon, and looked at the previous ones. I had expected that Hollenteufel would be a good improvement over Armageddon and TRTN, but these 31 levels blew my expectations far away. Compared to Armageddon or TRTN, I was startled to see just how beautifully designed some of these maps were - just an absolutely fantastic journey that kept variety and the original Wolf3D feel intact. Literally, you can see a lot of the progress Barry has made even just looking at the maps in an editor (that said, I know it's quite hard to gets copies of the Armageddon and TRTN maps that are viewable in an editor).

Barry mentioned this "the mapping in this mod is as big of a jump in quality compared to Armageddon as Armageddon was compared to Domination". To be honest, I think that's quite a large underestimate. I'd be willing to say comparing PTH to Armageddon (or even TRTN), there's almost as much of a difference as there would be comparing those mods to The Lost Fortress or even wolf3d_60, the author's very first two sets ever and ones that have quite possibly been forgotten by many (and for good reason, to be honest).

I would go as far to say as PTH, at least most of it, is as well-mapped as Gary Ragland's classics of the late 1990's and early 2000's, most notable Assassinate Hitler, Schabbs 2000, or Countdown to Disaster. In fact I'd say all of those are far better mods to put PTH against compared to Armageddon or TRTN. Countdown to Disaster is probably the closest, simply because PTH's levels are quite extensive and AH/S2000 tended to have more compact designs (not short, but not using up as much map space either).

And lastly I'll add that, if anything, the gap in quality only widens as you play further into the mod. It's a totally different ball game; much of the time it isn't even in the same ball park.

In conclusion, I can confirm as a tester that I think having ANY preconceived notions of what PTH will be like based on the author's earlier mods - other than that it will retain the classic feel - would be a big mistake. These maps are far too good to not play them based on what you thought of any other mod by the author. So I'd recommend anyone who sees this and is interested: Download the mod, play it for yourself, and if you were expecting just a small step against TRTN, you should be quite pleasantly surprised. It's a journey any fan of the original Wolf3D should experience with a fresh mind. This is the best Wolf3D release in my opinion since at least the Lost Episode Community Project (perhaps also Virtue of Procrastination) in mid-2015, slightly surpassing SoD Extreme II as my favorite mod of 2016 so far.
Matthew
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:28 pm

With Armageddon, I think that it started out good, but the quality dropped later in the game. The "Old Castle" and "Pipeline" sections were amazing, but after the "Power Plant" section, it became very generic and primitive.

With The Road to Neuschwanstein, it remained good throughout the game, but was very generic.

And they always had terrible guard placement, like I was saying.

I've been thinking of porting Armageddon and The Road to Neuchwanstein to my modified version of Wolf4SDL. With my advanced AI system, they would be far more challenging.

They could also be played in stereoscopic 3D, which my version of Wolf4SDL also supports. I wish I could show you what Wolf3D is like with nVidia 3D Vision 2. Smile

Barry wrote:
I seem to remember having similar dreams about id's original levels back when all I had was the Shareware version of Episode 1 as well as the mod Temporary Insanity (the first mod I ever played, before discovering MapEdit).

You should check out The Devil's Attack. It is an add-on I've made which is intended to be a successor to Temporary Insanity.

I've worked on it from time to time since nearly 15 years ago, but haven't in a long time. I designed E1L1, E2L1, E2L2, and E2L3 in early 2002, and E2L6 and E3L3 in 2005 or 2006.

It actually has far more advanced tricks even than Temporary Insanity.

I am planning to make more levels for it soon.
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:50 pm

Matthew wrote:
With Armageddon, I think that it started out good, but the quality dropped later in the game. The "Old Castle" and "Pipeline" sections were amazing, but after the "Power Plant" section, it became very generic and primitive.

With The Road to Neuschwanstein, it remained good throughout the game, but was very generic.

And they always had terrible guard placement, like I was saying.

I've been thinking of porting Armageddon and The Road to Neuchwanstein to my modified version of Wolf4SDL. With my advanced AI system, they would be far more challenging.

They could also be played in stereoscopic 3D, which my version of Wolf4SDL also supports. I wish I could show you what Wolf3D is like with nVidia 3D Vision 2. Smile

I hear what you are saying. Unlike some of my past mods which tended to become rushed during the "third quarter" if you will, Passage to Hollenteufel only gets better the farther into it you get. Plus, guard placement in this mod is significantly ahead of Armageddon and TRTN.

I would be honored if you ported Armageddon and TRTN to your version of Wolf4SDL. If you do it though, let me know beforehand as there are certain things in the maps in both mods I want to fix, first and foremost health/ammo balance. I had a version 2.0 of TRTN that was lost with the Wolfenstein 3-D Vault that was much tighter on health and ammo (and more challenging) than the version most people have.

Matthew wrote:

You should check out The Devil's Attack. It is an add-on I've made which is intended to be a successor to Temporary Insanity.

I've worked on it from time to time since nearly 15 years ago, but haven't in a long time. I designed E1L1, E2L1, E2L2, and E2L3 in early 2002, and E2L6 and E3L3 in 2005 or 2006.

It actually has far more advanced tricks even than Temporary Insanity.

I am planning to make more levels for it soon.

That looks awesome. I'll have to check it out. It's also cool that its optimized for 1.4 as TI needed 1.1 for everything to work. Unfortunately it looks like the link in the thread (http://mbarich.tripod.com/tda.zip) is no longer working. Is there another place its hosted?
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:10 pm

Here's a full video that somebody posted on the Wolf3D Haven of Level 4 of Hollenteufel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeRmboKjlm0

DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:13 am

Barry wrote:
Unfortunately it looks like the link in the thread (http://mbarich.tripod.com/tda.zip) is no longer working. Is there another place its hosted?

You should be able to download it if you copy and paste the URL into the URL box rather than clicking on the link. But I've now uploaded it to Dropbox. Here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqcvuwsz4l82o5u/tda.zip

Another thing I should note: I was very young when I designed the earlier levels. I'm about your age.

Take a look at E2L1, E2L2, and E2L3. It's hard to believe I was 14 years old when I designed them. Smile

There actually is a level for this add-on I've been planning to design for 3 years, but haven't gotten around to it.

I started on it in 2013, but lost it when my old computer died. I bought a new computer a month later. But I haven't gotten around to it since, because I've had many, many other things to do. This was the first time I'd gotten a new computer in over 10 years.

But I hope to design this level within the next month.

This level will be named "Boltzmann Brain".

And it will contain one of the most bizarre twists ever seen in a Wolf3D level, or perhaps any video game level.

This level will appear to be taking place 10^10^50 years into the future... Smile
MrWolfForever
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:53 am

@Matthew, What are your thoughts on PTH so far? I think it's a pretty strong leap of quality even from TRTN and gets even better as you go further on, so as stated in my previous post, I'd highly recommend giving it a go regardless of what you think of the author's older mods.
Matthew
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:01 am

MrWolfForever wrote:
@Matthew, What are your thoughts on PTH so far? I think it's a pretty strong leap of quality even from TRTN and gets even better as you go further on, so as stated in my previous post, I'd highly recommend giving it a go regardless of what you think of the author's older mods.

I already said I thought it is a huge improvement.

By the way, the "rotten chicken dinner" feature is really nice. Wolf3D fans are used to chicken dinners being a bonus item that gives them health. That gives them a nice little surprise. Smile
Ginyu
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 2

france.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:31 am

The mapping seems to be really good indeed. Smile
serpens
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 17
poland.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:17 am

Finally managed to play through a few levels. Impressions so far: very good, complex layouts, supreme atmosphere, detail and decoration, competent gameplay and guard placement, fine resource management (just enough health and fortunately enough ammo to keep you going). Now, numerous narrow passages aren't exactly my favourite mapping style, but that's purely subjective and still doesn't change the fact that the maps are fun. However, I do have one gripe: while the rotten chicken dinner is a neat idea in theory, it is not so fun when it's blocking a wall I want to check for secrets, it's obscured by dead enemy bodies, or I accidentally pick one up when running from enemies (how do you accidentally eat a plate full of food anyway?). I also remember a few places where food items were blocked off by tables or barrels.

DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:47 am

serpens wrote:
Finally managed to play through a few levels. Impressions so far: very good, complex layouts, supreme atmosphere, detail and decoration, competent gameplay and guard placement, fine resource management (just enough health and fortunately enough ammo to keep you going). Now, numerous narrow passages aren't exactly my favourite mapping style, but that's purely subjective and still doesn't change the fact that the maps are fun. However, I do have one gripe: while the rotten chicken dinner is a neat idea in theory, it is not so fun when it's blocking a wall I want to check for secrets, it's obscured by dead enemy bodies, or I accidentally pick one up when running from enemies (how do you accidentally eat a plate full of food anyway?). I also remember a few places where food items were blocked off by tables or barrels.

Thanks for the compliments about the design. I want to note that if narrow passages aren't your preferred style, it changes in the dungeon and especially in the old castle levels a bit later.

I agree that it's annoying when an enemy falls on a rotten dinner and you cannot pick up its ammo without taking the health hit or when you are trying to run from an enemy and you pick one up. That's part of the game though and you have to watch out for them. There are no instances in this game where you are required to take a bad dinner to make it through.
GeezerBot

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:33 pm

Havin fun with this mod, and I'm only on level 3! Thank you for this and your others from the past.
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:41 pm

GeezerBot wrote:
Havin fun with this mod, and I'm only on level 3! Thank you for this and your others from the past.

You're welcome. Thanks for playing and glad you are enjoying it!
serpens
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

poland.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:25 am

Wshew, finished it today! I must say this set quickly progressed from very good to brilliant, leaving a lasting impression on me and easily making it into my top few mods, just behind ack's stuff and Conflict in the Fatherland. Wolfenstein Forever indeed.

My criticism is limited to earlier stuff. I didn't like levels 6 and 12, the former for obvious reasons, the latter because the castle's circular design was too repetitive. But no matter, the set just kept getting better and better afterwards, culminating in a very memorable boss map. Classic stuff. I wonder what you're going to pull off in Phase II, with 128x128 maps.

DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:22 am

serpens wrote:
Wshew, finished it today! I must say this set quickly progressed from very good to brilliant, leaving a lasting impression on me and easily making it into my top few mods, just behind ack's stuff and Conflict in the Fatherland. Wolfenstein Forever indeed.

My criticism is limited to earlier stuff. I didn't like levels 6 and 12, the former for obvious reasons, the latter because the castle's circular design was too repetitive. But no matter, the set just kept getting better and better afterwards, culminating in a very memorable boss map. Classic stuff. I wonder what you're going to pull off in Phase II, with 128x128 maps.

Very glad you enjoyed it so much. Thanks for the great feedback! It definitely sounds like I achieved what I was trying to do.

21-31 are the best levels in my opinion with 13-20 close behind. Of the earlier levels, I particularly like 4, 8, 9, and 11. Out of curiosity, what did you think of floor 9? It was one of my more experimental maps in this set. Also. did you happen to find the secret level?
serpens
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

poland.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:48 am

Floor 9? Not bad, but a tad too convoluted, I think. Even MrWolfForever was having trouble finding his way around the place in his Youtube video, and he's the playtester! My favourite early level is easily the boss one. And no, never found the secret one, sadly.

DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:07 pm

serpens wrote:
Floor 9? Not bad, but a tad too convoluted, I think. Even MrWolfForever was having trouble finding his way around the place in his Youtube video, and he's the playtester! My favourite early level is easily the boss one. And no, never found the secret one, sadly.

I know what you mean. In Floor 9, it's important to note wall textures. In the blue stone area, rooms that have other textures are usually important. Keep this in mind and you'll be much less likely to get lost. I did the level in just under 4 minutes, but made the par time 6 minutes to allow the player to get turned around a few times.

Glad you enjoyed Floor 11. It's one of my favorites as well.
MrWolfForever
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:34 pm

@serpens You mention ack's sets and CitF. But how do you think this mod compares to Gary's sets (Schabbs 2000, Assassinate Hitler, Countdown to Disaster) and also to Project: Totengraeber?

I'd like to add, others should feel free and welcome to share their thoughts in here as well. Smile

DieHard Wolfer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:20 pm

Floor 11 video is up on my channel. After fighting my way through the biggest and dirtiest dungeon I've seen yet - it's on to the Old Castle now!

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:24 am

Just finished Level 51. Level 9 WAS hard for me. Kept getting lost. But, hey, that's what makes it great.

Last edited by GeezerBot on Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:27 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

GeezerBot wrote:
Just finished Level 51. Level 9 WAS hard for me. Kept getting lost. But, hey, that's what makes it great. What do you call those types of enemies in Level 51 that you can't kill, but follow you around until they suck all the life out of you? There were a lot of them in Operation Letztershutz (sp?)

I completely agree. I wanted 9 to be a disorienting, convoluted mess, yet if you know what to look for you can find your way through it pretty quickly and easily. Glad you enjoyed it.

Floor 51...those are the PacMan ghosts in the original Wolf3D. What did you think of the secret level?
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 3 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: