DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Conflict in the Fatherland, by BJ Rowan
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Polling Booth View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic

How does CitF stack up?
Stands the test of time. It was excellent then and still is.
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
It's at least very good still.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I never thought it was excellent, but it's as good now as it was then.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
It was a very strong mod back in the day, but it's more shaky today and didn't stand the test of time as well as many other classics.
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
It was good in the day but not even average by modern standards.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I never thought it was that good to begin with (and still don't think so).
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I didn't play it around when it first came out, but I liked it when I last played it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I didn't play it around when it first came out, and when I did play it, I didn't care much for it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Voted : 2
Total Votes : 2

MrWolfForever
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 163

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:52 pm
   Subject: Conflict in the Fatherland, by BJ Rowan
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Another classic, but I'm among at least a small group that feels this one just doesn't stand the test of time as well as Schabbs 2000 (even Assassinate Hitler), Totengraeber, or the like. What do you think?

DieHard Officer

Topics: 64

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:58 pm
   Subject: Re: Conflict in the Fatherland, by BJ Rowan
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I voted "it was a very strong mod back in the day, but its more shaky today and didn't stand the test of time as well as many other classics."

I always thought Totengraeber was better. BJ Rowan himself considers CiTF his masterpiece, but every time I have attempted to play through it, it seems to be missing something that Totengraeber and Gary's sets had. Maybe it's just me and the fact that I played Totengraeber first. I might try to give this another try to see if I am missing something.

One has to consider though the community that CiTF was designed in. He designed it in 1997. The best there was at the time to draw inspiration from other than the original game itself was probably the CC1 series. The only map editing guide would have been the one that came with MapEdit. For it's time, it really didn't get any better.

It's unfortunate it didn't get released until 1999 because it would have been an even bigger deal in 1997.

<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:09 pm
   Subject: Re: Conflict in the Fatherland, by BJ Rowan
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Barry wrote:
I always thought Totengraeber was better. BJ Rowan himself considers CiTF his masterpiece, but every time I have attempted to play through it, it seems to be missing something that Totengraeber and Gary's sets had. Maybe it's just me and the fact that I played Totengraeber first. I might try to give this another try to see if I am missing something.
In their youth, a modder may find a level idea loses something in its transition from idea to map. It tends to occur less often when you're more experienced. That's probably what happened with CITF, and why BJ Rowan is happiest with that set. I haven't played any of his mods all the way through, so I reserve judgement on which mod is best.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Polling Booth View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: