DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

My soon to be Farewell!
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Howling Wolfers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
RichterBelmont12
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 97
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:35 am
   Subject: My soon to be Farewell!
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Hello,

Its been 12 years since I've join this forum been making some in my honest opinion very crappy mods in the past years since I've been here but also all this time after Project: X 2 and a few hidden ones i think i'm going to hang up the towel. My mind and creativity for modding is burning out and I'm also been suffering from depression and Autism attacks also my Youtube Let's Play are getting in the way.

I'm not leaving the Forums at all I'll still be popping in from time to time its just I'll just stop making mods for the time being.

I just want to say too all who had been dealing with me all thos 12 years ago thanks....thanks for the help and sticking by me all thos years.

Yes...alot of my mods I've made are very shitty and crappy i'm not lying about it I have to admit it tho I did kinda had fun making them.

Well This message is a update about whats going to happen to me in the future after Project: X 2 and a few hidden mods.

I'll miss you all Thanks once a Wolfer always a Wolfer!

Thanks,
RichterBelmont12

https://www.facebook.com/RichterBelmont123

https://twitter.com/Richterbelmont6
Thomas
Mapping Master
Mapping Master

Topics: 186

denmark.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:31 pm
   Subject: Re: My soon to be Farewell!
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

RichterBelmont12 wrote:
Yes...alot of my mods I've made are very shitty and crappy i'm not lying about it I have to admit it tho I did kinda had fun making them.

That's what it's all about. Personally the mods I had the most fun making weren't my best either.

Being on the autism spectrum as well I can kind of relate to how you feel. Burnout is rampant for me as well. Still enjoy some of your older mods when all you need is just run and gun, that said, certain Spear of Dreams and Project X were always fun and engaging. The 128x128 graphics worked out wonderfully and flavored your mods with a distinctive look.
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:47 pm

Sorry to see you go Richter, but it's good to know you'll still show up from time to time. Smile

On my end, it's more a change in my taste more than anything else; I've been experiencing a longtime nostalgia for 1970s-related things, I'm going back into 8-bit computer work again, and the community for mobile gaming is becoming more and more interesting to me. Lastly, I'm writing a novel set in 1920s and 1930s New York, and it doesn't really leave me in any state of mind to work on Wolf3D-related projects. I still plan on moderating here for a while, but aside from maybe releasing a mapset at one time or another, I don't see myself doing anything significant with the Wolf3D community other than some bugfixes and code tutorials. Sad

At least, that's where things stand right now ... Secret
Ginyu
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 2

france.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:53 am

Sorry to hear you leaving.
If you want to retrive your creativity, watch movies, read books, meet people and play games, we are inspired by whatever experiences we have.
It's totally normal to feel not so creative at one part or another of your life.
Also at some point, just create even if it's really bad, as it will eventually produce something better, that you can separate from the rest.
Anyway, I'm really happy you loved your experience in making games. Smile
doomjedi
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 104
israel.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:56 am

Well, sad to hear this...I liked your works, they were not perfect but very much fun, and especially I appreciate mods made by one person (rather than a team) , with very distinctive feel and mind of a particular person, rather than a mix of visions. It's visiting one's mind for me.
Still remember "Project X" for it's impressive weapon balancing, fast pace, wide corridors and open spaces....especially the weapons and their balancing, those were best weapon balancing I saw in wolf3d mods.

It seems that quite some people here recently feel a bit of a burnout. After big projects, or in general...or being a bit intimidated by more "advanced" mods.
I myself feeling a bit weird...Have clear list of projects planned and pre-made and yet feeling the burnout. Not that I don't have ideas that still excite me...and not that I feel we can't make even more impressive mods/engines than Arrow (I know which features I want and can advance)... Just...donnow.
I feel a challenge staying in Wolf3D engine or just in it...both "up-engine" (Doom) and "down-engine" (Commander Keen) attract me recently with creative communities and their special charm, special modding challenges, more or less limitations...wider target audience... "Blade of Agony" involvement attracts me in and there is no end of it and its tasks. With its engine, feedbacks, team... slowly I get more into BoA and out of TR modding forum.
I felt the overall reception of Arrow was a bit underwhelming (though sure positive, don't get me wrong), sure for the effort and the engine, I guess nazis are a big part of Wolf3D charm..or level 5 turned people down...or the engine looked too advanced to relate to...whatever it is it's okay and totally legit. Just...donnow.
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 64

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:50 pm

I think a feeling or burnout isn't uncommon after you finish or are nearing the end of a big project. After I release Atomprojekt I doubt I'll immediately jump into a new project. I definitely plan on sticking around the forum though and possibly reviving the Wolf3D Vault.

Honestly, I have the itch to try my hand at Doom mapping once I finish Atomprojekt.

DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 11

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:10 pm

All the best Richter.
Refresh your mind, and come back times to times to say hello Wink
Cyanosis
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 34
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:22 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Richter, I fondly remember your Spear of Dreams and recall it being really colorful and fun, one of the earliest examples of numerous source code changes like new weapons and textured floors/ceilings for me back in the day. The music and atmosphere made it all come together wonderfully. I'll have to play the rest of your stuff someday. Cheers!
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Howling Wolfers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: