DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

[RELEASE] Atomprojekt
Page 1 of 6 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 64

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:58 am
   Subject: [RELEASE] Atomprojekt
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Atomprojekt contains 34 levels that closely follow the style of the original Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny missions. All levels have been balanced for pistol start or continuous play.

There are also three secret levels for you to discover, the last of which is especially well hidden.

ModDB release will come after initial feedback here at DHW forums, to assure there are no overlooked bugs or anything of the sort. Feedback in this thread will be much welcome!!

THE STORY

It's 1943 and the darkest days of the Second World War are raging. Intelligence reports that Nazi nuclear physicist Dr. Josef B. Engelke has successfully split the atom and is in the process of building a weapon for Hitler capable of destroying London.

You, B.J. Blackzowitz, the Allies' top spy, have been chosen for this mission.

Engelke's laboratory is at a currently unknown location. Known as Atomprojekt, the nuclear project is being funded by Hitler and managed from the military installation at Erlangen. Go to Erlangen and discover the location of Engelke's research facility. Then, you must go to the laboratory, assassinate him, and destroy his research. Be quick, as it is not known how close Engelke is to having a usable weapon.

Click the link below to download it.

http://www.wolfenvault.com/files/barry/ATOM.3.zip

SCREENSHOTS

Last edited by Barry on Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
AlumiuN
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 36
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:01 pm
   Subject: Re: [RELEASE] Atomprojekt
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I'm currently working on a fix for the saved game corruption but it's proving to be difficult to find. I seem to get the crash whether the music is on or off with some saved games Barry provided me, so if you want to be sure you won't lose your progress, it might be a better idea to wait.
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:46 pm

AlumiuN wrote:
I'm currently working on a fix for the saved game corruption but it's proving to be difficult to find. I seem to get the crash whether the music is on or off with some saved games Barry provided me, so if you want to be sure you won't lose your progress, it might be a better idea to wait.

The save game issue should now be resolved. I have updated the download. Thanks again for all your assistance in figuring this out.

DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 36
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:29 pm

Barry wrote:
AlumiuN wrote:

The save game issue should now be resolved. I have updated the download. Thanks again for all your assistance in figuring this out.

No problem, especially given it was Havoc who had the solution Razz
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:39 pm

One more thing, the previous zip that was released had some corruption that might prevent it from extracting. If this happens, just redownload ATOM.zip.

DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 103
israel.gif

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:26 pm

Will play it, neat Smile
ronwolf1705
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 69

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:15 am

Congrats on the release, hope to be able to play this soon! Smile
quartzdoll
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 1

india.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:40 am

played 3/4th of 1st level. game is rich with colorful walls, gold, sufficient ammo and health, little twists from enemies. only thing i tumbled at was eating rotten meat and lost health. i should be careful. Smile
Military
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 20

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:23 am

I played the first three levels. Pretty nice vanilla action. I liked the part with rows of barrels in wooden rooms, it may be unrealistic but it brought variety. The first rusty doors were positively spooky. I liked the secrets that decorations in them, especially the one with barrels on level 1. I'm not a fan of rotten food, it's mostly either pointless or annyoing depending on how easy it is to avoid. But maybe some people like it.
doomjedi
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

israel.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:19 pm

Agree of the above post (playing level 2).
Though me playing on a bit higher difficulty than I usually do can have some difference by itself, I like this so far. Love vanilla action, love oldschool mods and this seems to be a good example of such.
First level was pretty standard, not bad, just normal. Finding MP40 secret not too far from the start helped alot.

Second level I love much. What a start, and great enemy placement all throughout the level. Loved the barrels room, was challenging, in a bit new way. Had to restart alot, but loved it Smile
Really, fantastic level so far.

Rotten food - when you eat it it's annoying...but still I love the idea...it's realistic too and adds some complexity to the gameplay.
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:38 pm

doomjedi wrote:
Agree of the above post (playing level 2).
Though me playing on a bit higher difficulty than I usually do can have some difference by itself, I like this so far. Love vanilla action, love oldschool mods and this seems to be a good example of such.
First level was pretty standard, not bad, just normal. Finding MP40 secret not too far from the start helped alot.

Second level I love much. What a start, and great enemy placement all throughout the level. Loved the barrels room, was challenging, in a bit new way. Had to restart alot, but loved it Smile
Really, fantastic level so far.

Rotten food - when you eat it it's annoying...but still I love the idea...it's realistic too and adds some complexity to the gameplay.

Glad you are enjoying it!

The rotten food is annoying when you eat it accidentally but it hearkens back to old platformers and adventure games where you have "bad" versions of the standard power-ups.

I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

india.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:27 am

i am in 2nd level , saved game several times because of having less health and more enemies to tackle, reloaded game several times and then sounds of gun firing and open doors gone. guess it is a bug. i downloaded updated version only.
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:38 am

quartzdoll wrote:
i am in 2nd level , saved game several times because of having less health and more enemies to tackle, reloaded game several times and then sounds of gun firing and open doors gone. guess it is a bug. i downloaded updated version only.

Do you have music? Also, do you have Adlib sounds and do they sound normal or kind of muffled? If you have music and normal Adlib sounds, go into your settings and make sure your digitized sounds are turned on. If they are and you still aren't hearing them, PM me your saved game. Also, what is the "Date Created" on your EXE? If you have the latest, it should be Saturday, ‎January ‎21, ‎2017, ‏‎6:52:24 PM. If it isn't, redownload the latest version.

If you don't have music and/or your Adlib sounds are muffled, complete the following steps. If you have the latest EXE however, you shouldn't have to do this.

1) Run the game
2) Turn off the music
3) Load your game
4) Re-save your game in a different save game slot
5) Turn music back on
6) Let me know if it works

DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

israel.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:29 pm

Level 3 is one of the best levels I've played so far in Wolf3D, this is simply brilliant, really pushes the limit of what you can do on vanilla Wolf3D mapping.
Love the "fast starts" Smile
This map is so smart...so deadly...surprising, scary....use of deaf guards, deadly officer placings, non linearity...
Smart enemy placing and scenarios, every shot has a result/backshot, every area can become a trap, you run, you hide, you panic. Everything you want from a Wolf3D map.
Metal hallways area is simply amazing, wooden barrel corridors layout is so fantastic, enemies feel smarter than normal wolf3d guards, small use of columns and barrels to keep you on your toe and under fire, level feels so non-linear...
Level I can remember for long time.
quartzdoll
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

india.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:23 pm

i went in to sound options and there adlib sounds deselected by game itself. i turned on again. wonder how game changed option. Smile
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:16 pm

doomjedi wrote:
Level 3 is one of the best levels I've played so far in Wolf3D, this is simply brilliant, really pushes the limit of what you can do on vanilla Wolf3D mapping.
Love the "fast starts" Smile
This map is so smart...so deadly...surprising, scary....use of deaf guards, deadly officer placings, non linearity...
Smart enemy placing and scenarios, every shot has a result/backshot, every area can become a trap, you run, you hide, you panic. Everything you want from a Wolf3D map.
Metal hallways area is simply amazing, wooden barrel corridors layout is so fantastic, enemies feel smarter than normal wolf3d guards, small use of columns and barrels to keep you on your toe and under fire, level feels so non-linear...
Level I can remember for long time.

Thanks again! Glad you are enjoying it! Levels 3, 5, and 6 are probably my favorites out of the first 10.

quartzdoll wrote:
i went in to sound options and there adlib sounds deselected by game itself. i turned on again. wonder how game changed option. Smile

Glad it was so simple. I've had that happen in the DOS version before but not the SDL. Let me know if it becomes a frequent thing.

Topics: None

uk.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:28 am

Nice work Barry enjoying game play Smile I ain't got 100% just yet maybe next time around cheers.
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:41 am

OzNoG wrote:
Nice work Barry enjoying game play Smile I ain't got 100% just yet maybe next time around cheers.

Thanks much!

This mod is starting to get attention outside the community. In just a few days, the total number of downloads is about to exceed Passage to Hollenteufel, which has been out since August.

http://www.indieretronews.com/2017/01/atomprojekt-loved-wolfenstein-3d-you.html

DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 11

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:42 am

I have played only a very little, and what I have seen is very very good as a vanilla mod.
But I think there are serious bugs with your savegame vs config file, because though I didn't had sound problems, I lost controls or other things just after a savegame Sad
Military
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 20

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:47 am

I just finished level 10. It was pretty interesting for sure! The obligatory secret got me stuck for a while, but it was also really elegantly hidden, so it was nice. The level had plenty of fun secrets, and a few weird ones. I can only assume the idea behind that complex one was "get the key to collect the reward without triggering an ambush", but what I got instead was "get the key and finally access that mysterious door, only to be rewarded with the grandest prize of all - getting stuck forever!". I suppose it's an accident - that one barrel might have been positioned in just the right place to turn the final discovery from simply pointless to reload-forcing, but even the E1L1 of wolf 3d used to have a table stupidly blocking a secret, so that's definitely a mistake that can happen.
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:51 am

fraggeur wrote:
I have played only a very little, and what I have seen is very very good as a vanilla mod.
But I think there are serious bugs with your savegame vs config file, because though I didn't had sound problems, I lost controls or other things just after a savegame Sad

What is the date and timestamp on the EXE you are using? There were several updates on day 1 of this release due to overlooked bugs so if you downloaded it on Day 1, it's possible you might have an older version with problems. Also, is your EXE 700KB or around 300KB? If it's 700KB, redownload because that version of the EXE does have some weird things happening with it.

Also, what specifically happened to your controls when you saved your game? Did it occur when you saved or after you reloaded? No such issue has ever occurred for me or for MrWolfForever, the primary tester of this mod.

DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:56 am

Military wrote:
I just finished level 10. It was pretty interesting for sure! The obligatory secret got me stuck for a while, but it was also really elegantly hidden, so it was nice. The level had plenty of fun secrets, and a few weird ones. I can only assume the idea behind that complex one was "get the key to collect the reward without triggering an ambush", but what I got instead was "get the key and finally access that mysterious door, only to be rewarded with the grandest prize of all - getting stuck forever!". I suppose it's an accident - that one barrel might have been positioned in just the right place to turn the final discovery from simply pointless to reload-forcing, but even the E1L1 of wolf 3d used to have a table stupidly blocking a secret, so that's definitely a mistake that can happen.

Glad you enjoyed the level.

Thanks for pointing that issue out. I will release an update this evening that fixes this and one other mapping bug I found. The player shouldn't be able to become trapped.

DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:37 pm

Alright, for those who haven't made it to Level 10 yet, go ahead and re-download the mod. I fixed an issue where the player can become trapped in the chaingun secret.

DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

israel.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:12 am

Playing level 4.

Love this modding style...fast-action level starts, smart enemy placing, those "panic areas" where you alert many guards from all directions and run for cover...
Nice pacing too.
doomjedi
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

israel.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:26 am

I especially love how you use sound areas smartly to make backtracking interesting and surprising. Never noticed it in other mods.
fraggeur
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 11

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:46 pm

Barry wrote:
fraggeur wrote:

What is the date and timestamp on the EXE you are using? There were several updates on day 1 of this release due to overlooked bugs so if you downloaded it on Day 1, it's possible you might have an older version with problems. Also, is your EXE 700KB or around 300KB? If it's 700KB, redownload because that version of the EXE does have some weird things happening with it.

Also, what specifically happened to your controls when you saved your game? Did it occur when you saved or after you reloaded? No such issue has ever occurred for me or for MrWolfForever, the primary tester of this mod.

I think it was after I saved, the strafe key was like always pushed and I couldn't turn normally after that, even by repressing alt, alt-gr or other control keys. I downloaded the game between 22nd and 24th, I can't say for sure.
But I remember I used the icon that launches the game in hi-res 900x something.
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:24 pm

fraggeur wrote:

I think it was after I saved, the strafe key was like always pushed and I couldn't turn normally after that, even by repressing alt, alt-gr or other control keys. I downloaded the game between 22nd and 24th, I can't say for sure.
But I remember I used the icon that launches the game in hi-res 900x something.

Interesting. Is it still occurring when you play? I typically use mouse button 2 to strafe rather than the ALT key. If you want, zip up your game and send it to me and I will take a look at it. If this is a bug I definitely don't want to let it go unaddressed.

As for others currently playing this mod, has anybody else experienced this issue?

DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

israel.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:06 am

Can't find keys on floor 5 Sad Stuck.
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:17 am

doomjedi wrote:
Can't find keys on floor 5 Sad Stuck.

Are you stuck looking for the bronze key? Here is a hint. In the brown stone area, there is a large room with a barrel maze. Make sure you've explored all areas accessible from that room.

DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

israel.gif

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:25 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Thanks for the tip, found it Smile I was suspecting I missed something there.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 6 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Jump to: