DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

[RELEASE] Atomprojekt
Page 6 of 6 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 64

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:35 am
   Subject: Re: [RELEASE] Atomprojekt
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I fixed a bug in the new AutoMap EXE that could cause the game to crash.

DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 17

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:41 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Barry, am really enjoying playing this. Fiendish traps, clever mapping, well-decorated levels and a consistent theme. But I have a query.....
I wonder if you could give me a clue about getting access to the 3x3 cache behind columns on Floor 13 containing an ammo clip, chaingun, two first aid kits and two ammo boxes? I've checked several times for secret areas but no dice. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.
MrWolfForever
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 163

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:38 am

You probably pushed something the wrong way...

DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:43 am

mbender wrote:
Barry, am really enjoying playing this. Fiendish traps, clever mapping, well-decorated levels and a consistent theme. But I have a query.....
I wonder if you could give me a clue about getting access to the 3x3 cache behind columns on Floor 13 containing an ammo clip, chaingun, two first aid kits and two ammo boxes? I've checked several times for secret areas but no dice. Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot and glad you are enjoying it!

There is a directional secret somewhere. If you push it the wrong way you get only a medkit. If you push it the right way, it opens up a larger chain of secrets that ultimately leads there.

DieHard SS
DieHard SS

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:53 pm

Ah, the old directional secret strikes again! Got it. MrWolfForever was right - thank you both!
MrWolfForever
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:33 pm

@mbender

If you're only reward for a secret is a single health or ammo booster, or a single treasure item, be weary. You might want to restore and try pushing the other way.

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 103
israel.gif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:40 am

Level 15 is fantastic so far (also blue area in level 14), the mix of nice music, ceiling color, walls, open space...make you really ROTT feeling. Challenging scenarios and tight ammo control too, dogs are used nicely for that matter as well...in general - dog use if fantastic in this mod.
Aryan_Wolf3D
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 6

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:15 am

I finally finished this mod! The mapping is excellent, though enemy progression was a little unusual... what's up with officers being introduced immediately, and then none at all in some of the later levels? But it's not a bad thing. Playing on the hardest difficulty was challenging, even brutally hard at times, but still enjoyable... That is, until I reached level 30. At that point, it became a terrible grind to play... with all those turrets, commandos, nuclear waste pools and dual-wielding scientists. I damn nearly broke my F8/F9 keys on those last 4 levels! But I beat them, nonetheless... Because that's what I do.

I'll give you a 9/10 for this one... Personally, I think the game could have ended after killing Doctor Schabbs (or Josef Engelke in his place), and the game wouldn't have suffered for it. Just my opinion.

DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:33 am

Aryan_Wolf3D wrote:
I finally finished this mod! The mapping is excellent, though enemy progression was a little unusual... what's up with officers being introduced immediately, and then none at all in some of the later levels? But it's not a bad thing. Playing on the hardest difficulty was challenging, even brutally hard at times, but still enjoyable... That is, until I reached level 30. At that point, it became a terrible grind to play... with all those turrets, commandos, nuclear waste pools and dual-wielding scientists. I damn nearly broke my F8/F9 keys on those last 4 levels! But I beat them, nonetheless... Because that's what I do.

I'll give you a 9/10 for this one... Personally, I think the game could have ended after killing Doctor Schabbs (or Josef Engelke in his place), and the game wouldn't have suffered for it. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback and glad you enjoyed it! Sorry the lab levels were so difficult for you. I hope you still got some enjoyment out of them.

As for enemy progression, there are intentionally no officers in most levels where there are mutants/melee mutants.

I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 6

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:52 am

Barry wrote:

Thanks for the feedback and glad you enjoyed it! Sorry the lab levels were so difficult for you. I hope you still got some enjoyment out of them.

I don't mind difficult levels, but I found those 4 too frustrating... on the hardest difficulty, at least. If the entire mod had been like that, I'd have chosen a lower difficulty. But I don't see the point in doing that just to play through 11% of the game... Unless you really like laboratory themed levels. But yes, aside from the frustration, I did get some enjoyment out of them, for sure. 33-34 were two of the hardest levels in a Wolf3D mod I've ever played, and probably ever will play! So I guess that alone makes them worth playing, even if one's sanity suffers as a result! Laughing

Quote:
As for enemy progression, there are intentionally no officers in most levels where there are mutants/melee mutants.

I had wondered if that was the reason. I guess it makes sense that officers would avoid the murkier areas of the castle... The original episodes 1 & 2 did the same thing. Wink

DieHard Wolfer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:31 am

By the lab this is meant to be quite unforgiving on hard, especially with health and if you don't find secrets. Don't let the turrets knock health off; take them slow. You almost never have to take damage from one.

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 103
israel.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:03 pm

Floor 20 will probably be the end of me....to sneak on mutants with a knife?...?

Last edited by doomjedi on Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrWolfForever
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:07 pm

@doomjedi

Do the knife for the melee mutants in the sewer area. Melee mutants (and only melee mutants) have a long enough 'stun' period that the knife can be used effectively on them. If you take care of all those melee mutants in the sewer area with the knife, you should have enough ammo for the rest of the level. You shouldn't need to knife mutants again in AP after this part (although you can do melee mutants in narrow areas to save ammo at any time). But no matter what, don't quit please! I was stuck here for a little bit too before I learned I could use the knife on melee's.

DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:19 pm

MrWolfForever is correct. You should only have to knife melee mutants in the sewer area (and make sure you do it in the 1x1 corridors or in doorways). After you have the silver key, in the next area you should find a store of ammo and a machine gun.

DieHard SS
DieHard SS

australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:23 am

Floor 21 is terrific and I've nearly finished it, but now I'm stuck.....
I found the red key (in a secret area I recall) but I can't find the red key door having checked the whole level several times. Can anyone give me a clue? Rolling Eyes
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:07 am

mbender wrote:
Floor 21 is terrific and I've nearly finished it, but now I'm stuck.....
I found the red key (in a secret area I recall) but I can't find the red key door having checked the whole level several times. Can anyone give me a clue? Rolling Eyes

Make your way back towards where you acquired the gold key. The red door is in the same section of the level.

DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:00 am

When you are in the gold key area on Floor 21, there is also a relatively easy to find secret shortcut that saves you a LOT of backtracking. Don't count on always having one later in the unit though...

DieHard SS

australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:34 am

Thanks Barry and Mr W.F. - turns out I'd already unlocked those doors. Nice level, got 100% Cool
Now onto Floor 22......great, MORE mutants and an atmosphere of gloom Sad
Very Happy
Executor
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 53

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:30 pm
   Subject: [RELEASE] Atomprojekt
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I'm playing through this again in the process of completing my ECWolf port. I'm going to have to seriously alter map19 and completely replace map33 to finish the port--they aren't going to work with ECWolf's feature set. In the meantime, I've posted a shout-out/level design analysis for level 8 of this mod on my Tumblr: http://tankermottind.tumblr.com/post/165138617480/some-screenshots-of-level-8-of-barry-christians

These are some of the best maps I've ever played, maybe the best aside from ArEyeP's (IMO the GOAT of all Wolfenstein mappers). A lot of these maps remind me of things that I would do, but the intensity and dynamics of the fights exceed my own and I feel like I'm going to have to step up my game from now on! Very Happy

P.S. Barry, could you add a mode that turns the turn keys into strafe keys, uncaps the mouse movement, and disables the Y axis like the new DHW Mapping League exe has?

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 6 of 6 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Jump to: