DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

The Black Gate
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Barry
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 64

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:43 am
   Subject: The Black Gate
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I am in the early planning stages of my next and possibly final Wolfenstein 3D mod. It will be called "The Black Gate" and the story will be centered around preventing the Nazis from opening a portal to hell. Hitler believes he can harness the armies of hell in order to win the war and has commissioned the building of a device to open a "Black Gate" deep in the catacombs beneath the castle. However, this experiment goes very wrong and opening the Black Gate results in hordes of demons flooding into Earth, killing at will.

It will feature 10 or 12 128x128 levels. As usual for my mods, it will start off with a mapping style similar to that of the original Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny levels, with the addition of the new enemies featured in Atomprojekt. Around 3/4 through the mod, the portal will be opened and the final few levels will be multi-layered, with the player having to travel back and forth between earth and hell in order to complete the levels. The hell dimension will be a completely different from earth with new enemies, statics, keys, etc to go with it. The final level will involve destroying the device and closing the gate permanently.

As of now, since this is still in early stages, I am aiming for late 2017 or early 2018 for release.

Topics: None
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:22 pm
   Subject: Re: The Black Gate
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Barry wrote:
I am in the early planning stages of my next and possibly final Wolfenstein 3D mod. It will be called "The Black Gate" and the story will be centered around preventing the Nazis from opening a portal to hell. Hitler believes he can harness the armies of hell in order to win the war and has commissioned the building of a device to open a "Black Gate" deep in the catacombs beneath the castle. However, this experiment goes very wrong and opening the Black Gate results in hordes of demons flooding into Earth, killing at will.

It will feature 10 or 12 128x128 levels. As usual for my mods, it will start off with a mapping style similar to that of the original Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny levels, with the addition of the new enemies featured in Atomprojekt. Around 3/4 through the mod, the portal will be opened and the final few levels will be multi-layered, with the player having to travel back and forth between earth and hell in order to complete the levels. The hell dimension will be a completely different from earth with new enemies, statics, keys, etc to go with it. The final level will involve destroying the device and closing the gate permanently.

As of now, since this is still in early stages, I am aiming for late 2017 or early 2018 for release.

SWEET! YES!
Ginyu
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 2

france.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:29 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Sounds great indeed ! Smile
Gary
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Topics: 5
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:07 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Well, since Atomprojekt has officially become my favorite mod of all time, I am very much looking forward to this one! The bar has been set extremely high, but I have full confidence that this one will be just as awesome.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: