DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

110-million-year-old dinosaur fossil looks like a statue.
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Howling Wolfers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
stathmk
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 73
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:28 pm
   Subject: 110-million-year-old dinosaur fossil looks like a statue.
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

110-million-year-old dinosaur fossil looks like a statue.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/05/12/rare-as-winning-the-lottery-new-dinosaur-fossil-so-well-preserved-it-looks-like-a-statue/?utm_term=.96900ddbc2a7

This was discovered in 2011. Itís a 2,500-pound nodosaur fossil. It apparently died in a flood that swept it into a Canadian mine. The photo is ghostly and unreal looking. However, I think it looks like the eye rotted out. For more info, check the June 2017 issue of The American National Geographic. It looks like a reptile that I remember from He-Man and The Masters of The Universe comics. The web article link includes a 2-minute video about a British dinosaur fossil with a bird-like or crocodile-like brain preserved.

I thought I saw in ďRipleyís Believe It Or NotĒ that there are dinosaur mummies discovered in Madagascar. My understanding is that they die in quicksand or a clay avalanche. Itís the right amount of moisture and the chemical reaction to even preserve the stripes on its reptilian skin.

Iím changing subjects to different kinds of fossils. I live in Montgomery County, Indiana. It was the Borden Delta 300 million years ago. We have a lot of fossilized crinoids and trilobites. Crinoids look like plants with stems, but they swam, and reproduced with sperm and egg. Trilobytes look like horseshoe crabs. Trilobytes are unique in the animal kingdom for having eyes made of calcite.
Tricob
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:01 pm
   Subject: Re: 110-million-year-old dinosaur fossil looks like a statue.
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

The dinosaurs were said to be all killed in a massive flood, but there were dinosaurs that lived underwater, so this wouldn't apply to them. Add to that, there were smaller dinosaurs that actually lived on into present-day Earth. So why were they singled out? It seems there's some pieces of the puzzle we haven't unveiled just yet. Smile
stathmk
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 73
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:13 pm
   Subject: I had forgotten to mention something.
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Tricob wrote:
The dinosaurs were said to be all killed in a massive flood, but there were dinosaurs that lived underwater, so this wouldn't apply to them. Add to that, there were smaller dinosaurs that actually lived on into present-day Earth. So why were they singled out? It seems there's some pieces of the puzzle we haven't unveiled just yet. Smile
I had forgotten to mention something. I haven't actually checked out the June issue of National Geographic yet. I'll tell you if it answers any of your questions.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Howling Wolfers View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: