DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Announcing the Diehard Wolfers' Mapping League!
Page 2 of 3 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
AlumiuN
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 36
newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:54 pm
   Subject: Re: Announcing the Diehard Wolfers' Mapping League!
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I'll be uploading another patch today for a couple of slightly less significant bugs involving teleporter IDs.
AlumiuN
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:29 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

OK, I've uploaded another patch that fixes the following bugs:

- Teleporters losing their ID when a pushwall runs over them
- Player not getting the correct area number when teleported
- Enemies not doing damage or producing sound when in a tile that was previously present but has moved (or been removed)

I've also updated the default mapinfo file to reflect that "revert" is not a valid option for teleporter behaviour.
AlumiuN
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:03 pm

I've uploaded another patch that separates the option to run by default from the modern controls option. That's all that's changed, so you don't have to update to this patch if you don't want to, but if you do (or get a later patch that does actually fix bugs) you'll need to delete the config file again.
Arielus
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 20
argentina.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:08 am

AlumiuN,

Here are a few things I noticed while attempting to get familiar with the mapping kit that I thought I'd share in case you had the time to look into them:

Enhancements:

1) The in-game message for the Artifact of Death seems to fade out (or, rather, abruptly disappear) much more quickly than other in-game messages?

2) Any objections to keeping the weapon displayed on the screen when the player dies and you see the red fade-in sequence? I know this most likely goes back to how the original games behaved, but I thought I'd bring it up as it might look neater if the weapon sprite did not abrutly disappear all of a sudden?

Bugs?

1) I have noticed that the specters, the pac-man ghosts and the robbed Hitlers are not affected by blocking tiles and teleporters; is this intentional?

2) I am not entirely sure the secret ratios are calculated correctly under certain circumstances. You see, I put together something quickly to test the pushwalls that make other pushwalls move along with them once the former go alongside the latter; in the text file I marked this set as a secret (and once I hit the triggering pushwall with the spacebar I get the "you've found a secret" in-game message); however, if I go for the elevator switch before activating the triggering pushwall I am still getting 100% secrets. There might be other cases where this miscalculation is also happening, but I hope I am making sense with this?

Questions:

1) While testing the map name behaviour I tried adding a "/n" on the second line of the name. The game showed me the "/n" text as opposed to enabling a third line. I take it this is intentional since there are only two available lines for the map name?

2) Calculation of secret ratios: is it intentional that the game won't consider a secret found until the secret has activated any other group of walls belonging to the same group? Maybe I will make myself clearer if I use the following example: take the test map included in the mapping kit: if I push the triggering pushwall in the opening room and then run for the elevator switch before the triggering pushwall has "dragged" the other walls waiting for it, I will get 0% secrets. Only when the other walls have also been activated will my secret ratios go up to 100%. My point is, it does not seem to be up to the player to find the walls that will get dragged by the triggering pushwall (meaning, the triggering pushwall will do it itself); you only need to find the triggering pushwall, so I guess my question is, does it make sense that the secret should be considered "completely found" only when the "draggable" walls have been dragged by the one pushwall you did need to find?

Additions:

1) Would it be a pain in the neck to add a setting whereby one can choose how many bullets to start with? Maybe also make it possible to start with any given combination of the four weapons? Say, the knife and the chaingun (but not the pistol and the machine gun unless you set things that way), etc.? Maybe also make it possible to choose what weapon you show the player starting with (not necessarily the highest one)?

2) Would it also be too difficult to choose how much health you begin the level with?

Thanks in advance for looking into these!

Cheers,

Ariel

<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 160
usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:20 pm

Your symbol should be "\", not "/", IIRC.
AlumiuN
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Arielus wrote:
1) The in-game message for the Artifact of Death seems to fade out (or, rather, abruptly disappear) much more quickly than other in-game messages?

It did look a bit off to me too; I'll look into it.

Arielus wrote:
2) Any objections to keeping the weapon displayed on the screen when the player dies and you see the red fade-in sequence? I know this most likely goes back to how the original games behaved, but I thought I'd bring it up as it might look neater if the weapon sprite did not abrutly disappear all of a sudden?

I feel like still holding your weapon up towards the enemy while you're in the middle of dying is a little weird, but I guess rotating to see the enemy who shot you before dying is also weird too. I personally feel that it looks better without it.

Arielus wrote:
1) I have noticed that the specters, the pac-man ghosts and the robbed Hitlers are not affected by blocking tiles and teleporters; is this intentional?

I had actually intended to change this behaviour for the last MMC, but by the point I was changing it at one of the finished maps relied on that behaviour. I could probably fix it now. Smile

Arielus wrote:
2) I am not entirely sure the secret ratios are calculated correctly under certain circumstances. You see, I put together something quickly to test the pushwalls that make other pushwalls move along with them once the former go alongside the latter; in the text file I marked this set as a secret (and once I hit the triggering pushwall with the spacebar I get the "you've found a secret" in-game message); however, if I go for the elevator switch before activating the triggering pushwall I am still getting 100% secrets. There might be other cases where this miscalculation is also happening, but I hope I am making sense with this?

Hmm, I'll take a look into it. If you can send me the maps and mapinfo files you used to test it, that would probably help. Smile

Arielus wrote:
1) While testing the map name behaviour I tried adding a "/n" on the second line of the name. The game showed me the "/n" text as opposed to enabling a third line. I take it this is intentional since there are only two available lines for the map name?

Tricob is right; it's "\n" (i.e. with a backslash).

Arielus wrote:
2) Calculation of secret ratios: is it intentional that the game won't consider a secret found until the secret has activated any other group of walls belonging to the same group? Maybe I will make myself clearer if I use the following example: take the test map included in the mapping kit: if I push the triggering pushwall in the opening room and then run for the elevator switch before the triggering pushwall has "dragged" the other walls waiting for it, I will get 0% secrets. Only when the other walls have also been activated will my secret ratios go up to 100%. My point is, it does not seem to be up to the player to find the walls that will get dragged by the triggering pushwall (meaning, the triggering pushwall will do it itself); you only need to find the triggering pushwall, so I guess my question is, does it make sense that the secret should be considered "completely found" only when the "draggable" walls have been dragged by the one pushwall you did need to find?

In the test map, group 2 is the one defined as secret, not group 1, so the secret only triggers when that group is triggered by group 1's pushwall.

Arielus wrote:
1) Would it be a pain in the neck to add a setting whereby one can choose how many bullets to start with? Maybe also make it possible to start with any given combination of the four weapons? Say, the knife and the chaingun (but not the pistol and the machine gun unless you set things that way), etc.? Maybe also make it possible to choose what weapon you show the player starting with (not necessarily the highest one)?

2) Would it also be too difficult to choose how much health you begin the level with?

These are both good ideas, and should be simple to implement. I'll try and get them done today. Smile
AlumiuN
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:47 am

I've uploaded a patch to the kit that adds mapinfo options allowing the player to start with the machine gun (startmachine) or the chaingun (startchaingun), and also the ability to specify the amount of health (starthealth) and ammo (startammo) that the player starts with. It also makes the death artifact message last the correct amount of time.

If you can't figure out how to use the new options, check the mapinfo file in the kit, I've added the relevant values to the default one. Smile

Dev note: I'm really, really glad I implemented the parser for the map information to allow easy addition of new values; it made adding them to the parser take like 30 seconds. Very Happy
Arielus
<B>Moderator</B>

argentina.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:04 pm

AlumiuN wrote:
Arielus wrote:

It did look a bit off to me too; I'll look into it.

Thanks!

AlumiuN wrote:
Arielus wrote:

I feel like still holding your weapon up towards the enemy while you're in the middle of dying is a little weird, but I guess rotating to see the enemy who shot you before dying is also weird too. I personally feel that it looks better without it.

Understood. No issues by me.

AlumiuN wrote:
Arielus wrote:

I had actually intended to change this behaviour for the last MMC, but by the point I was changing it at one of the finished maps relied on that behaviour. I could probably fix it now. Smile

Thanks. I understand that this behaviour may actually be meaningful to some map approaches/designs/strategies (just like it was in the case of that map from the last MMC you mention), so I guess some folks will be for this and some others will be against it. I guess that we could have the best of both worlds if we could control if the specters, the pac-man ghosts and the robber Hitlers do or do not get affected by the blocking tiles and teleporters via the text file, but I do not know how much of a pain it would be to implement it.

AlumiuN wrote:
Arielus wrote:

Hmm, I'll take a look into it. If you can send me the maps and mapinfo files you used to test it, that would probably help. Smile

I might not have had enough understanding of the new pushwall system when I tested this. Please let me look into it on my end again to make sure I am not speaking out of my @ss. If I do find something I believe worth looking into, I will post about it again.

AlumiuN wrote:
Arielus wrote:

Tricob is right; it's "\n" (i.e. with a backslash).

Thanks (and thanks to Tricob as well). I tried things again and indeed - there are only two lines of text one can use. Attempting to enable a third line makes the game crash on my end. Regardless, what's in there will no doubt allow for some insanely long map names! Smile

AlumiuN wrote:
Arielus wrote:

In the test map, group 2 is the one defined as secret, not group 1, so the secret only triggers when that group is triggered by group 1's pushwall.

Sorry about it. Clearly I had not managed to understand the new pushwall system completely when I wrote this. My bad.

AlumiuN wrote:
Arielus wrote:

These are both good ideas, and should be simple to implement. I'll try and get them done today. Smile

Thanks! What do you think about allowing which weapon to show at the start of the level? I take it that by default the level will start with the highest weapon you allow in the settings? Should we allow the player to also choose which weapon to be on display upon starting the level, regardless of which of them you have at your disposal?

Couple of other things I have noticed since I posted my previous message:

1) Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but it looks like I am getting heavy rain when I attempt to get snow, and I am getting nothing at all when I attempt to get rain.

2) The Death Knight missiles seem to be a bit slanted. Their trajectory is fine (meaning they head straight towards me), but when I look at them they look as if they should be heading towards a different destination. I do not know if this is something in the code or if the sprites themselves are slanted.

Cheers,

Ariel

DieHard Wolfer

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:37 pm

Arielus wrote:
AlumiuN wrote:
Arielus wrote:

Thanks. I understand that this behaviour may actually be meaningful to some map approaches/designs/strategies (just like it was in the case of that map from the last MMC you mention), so I guess some folks will be for this and some others will be against it. I guess that we could have the best of both worlds if we could control if the specters, the pac-man ghosts and the robber Hitlers do or do not get affected by the blocking tiles and teleporters via the text file, but I do not know how much of a pain it would be to implement it.

Having the blocking tile affect them based on a setting is actually pretty trivial to add (after all, it's in there for all the other enemy types); I might add an option for enemy types being affected by teleporters too. It shouldn't take too long to add those.

Arielus wrote:
Thanks (and thanks to Tricob as well). I tried things again and indeed - there are only two lines of text one can use. Attempting to enable a third line makes the game crash on my end. Regardless, what's in there will no doubt allow for some insanely long map names! Smile

I'll take a look into this, it should work for more than two lines.

Arielus wrote:
What do you think about allowing which weapon to show at the start of the level? I take it that by default the level will start with the highest weapon you allow in the settings? Should we allow the player to also choose which weapon to be on display upon starting the level, regardless of which of them you have at your disposal?

It does indeed just select the highest one they have available; I feel that this is probably the best option without having a HUD indication of whether the player has each weapon, but that's something that I could look into.

Arielus wrote:
1) Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but it looks like I am getting heavy rain when I attempt to get snow, and I am getting nothing at all when I attempt to get rain.

Looks like I set that up wrong, so I'll fix that for the next patch.

Arielus wrote:
2) The Death Knight missiles seem to be a bit slanted. Their trajectory is fine (meaning they head straight towards me), but when I look at them they look as if they should be heading towards a different destination. I do not know if this is something in the code or if the sprites themselves are slanted.

I'm not sure what's causing this, but I'm willing to bet that the CalcRotate fix that got added to the Wolf4SDL repository will fix it.
AlumiuN
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:45 pm

I've uploaded a patch that adds options for the ghosts, spectres and fake Hitlers to cross blocking codes (ghostcross, spectrecross and fakecross respectively), as well as options for each enemy type's ability to teleport (the same as the cross options, but with the 'cross' part replaced with 'teleport'. It also applies the CalcRotate fix from the Wolf4SDL repo to make the enemy sprite rotation a little more accurate, fixes the weather settings, and (hopefully) fixes the new-line character handling in map names. Finally, it also reimplements the 'revert' teleport behaviour, and clarifies the default behaviour for teleporters in the kit file (that is, they start as group 0 is shown, rather than adhering to the map settings you've defined beforehand).
Arielus
<B>Moderator</B>

argentina.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:47 am

Thank you so very much for looking into all of this!

Here's a few extra things I have noticed:

1) I am not sure the robbed Hitlers are actually affected by the teleporters. I had the "faketeleport = yes" setting enabled but the one dude I tried it with did not want to get teleported anywhere.

2) Calculation of secrets: I had all 8 pushwall groups set so that they should all be counted as secrets. In a test map I only used 2 of those 8 groups. I activated both groups. Upon triggering the elevator switch the secret ratios showed me 24% found as opposed to 100%. It appears that the calculation is looking for how many of the groups you've activated and comparing them to what your mapfile says, but without considering how many of the groups you have actually used in the map. Hopefully this makes sense.

3) I have been messing around with the amount of health you can now make the player start with. I made a test and had the game start with 500 health points. I deliberately got hurt and by the time I went down to 350 or so health points, the game crashed. I have tried to replicate the problem and, alas, it is happening every single time, no exception.

4) Also related to the health settings: I had over 400 health points and picked up a health item that gave me 600 health points. Normally it should have taken me to over 1000 health points but it took me down to 100 instead. Maybe we should default it to 999 health points when you hit or exceed the 1000-point mark?

5) I guess that 3 and 4 above raise the question: must we also define the maximum number of bullets and health points the level allows?

6) Not sure if the following is intentional, but here it goes: I have been able to make the invisible touchplates work (I am referring to the invisible spots you step on that trigger walls to move). However, I have only been able to make them work when there is a wall already placed in the spot that the touchplate activates. Maybe this will make more sense with an example: I tried to touchplate-activate a wall that wasn't at the intended spot at the beginning, but that got there only after I had previously activated it via a moving group of walls; so the wall got there eventually, and then I stepped on the touchplate - the wall did not move from its spot. And for the record: 1) I did not step on the touchplate before the wall got to the intended spot; I stepped on it only when the wall had gotten to the intended spot; and 2) the group IDs I used seem to be correct.

Thanks,

Ariel

PS: For the record, the Death Knight's missiles still look slanted on my end, but I guess that's really a minor glitch one can live with.
Aryan_Wolf3D
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 6

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:47 pm

Arielus wrote:
PS: For the record, the Death Knight's missiles still look slanted on my end, but I guess that's really a minor glitch one can live with.

It's probably the original problem with the rocket sprites being ordered incorrectly in the VSWAP.

DieHard Wolfer

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:02 pm

EDIT: Read the next post Razz

Last edited by AlumiuN on Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlumiuN
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:05 pm

Arielus wrote:
1) I am not sure the robbed Hitlers are actually affected by the teleporters. I had the "faketeleport = yes" setting enabled but the one dude I tried it with did not want to get teleported anywhere.

Hmm, they should be teleporting fine, but I'll go double-check.

Arielus wrote:
2) Calculation of secrets: I had all 8 pushwall groups set so that they should all be counted as secrets. In a test map I only used 2 of those 8 groups. I activated both groups. Upon triggering the elevator switch the secret ratios showed me 24% found as opposed to 100%. It appears that the calculation is looking for how many of the groups you've activated and comparing them to what your mapfile says, but without considering how many of the groups you have actually used in the map. Hopefully this makes sense.

That is indeed how they work currently; it's a lot easier for me to keep it that way than to have the game look through the map file for activators.

Arielus wrote:
3) I have been messing around with the amount of health you can now make the player start with. I made a test and had the game start with 500 health points. I deliberately got hurt and by the time I went down to 350 or so health points, the game crashed. I have tried to replicate the problem and, alas, it is happening every single time, no exception.

Yep, I forgot to put reasonable limits on the settings, and in this case it's the face rendering on the status bar that's causing the crash. That should be an easy fix.

Arielus wrote:
4) Also related to the health settings: I had over 400 health points and picked up a health item that gave me 600 health points. Normally it should have taken me to over 1000 health points but it took me down to 100 instead. Maybe we should default it to 999 health points when you hit or exceed the 1000-point mark?

5) I guess that 3 and 4 above raise the question: must we also define the maximum number of bullets and health points the level allows?

I could even make some settings that allow each item to have a maximum over which they will not provide health or ammo.

Arielus wrote:
6) Not sure if the following is intentional, but here it goes: I have been able to make the invisible touchplates work (I am referring to the invisible spots you step on that trigger walls to move). However, I have only been able to make them work when there is a wall already placed in the spot that the touchplate activates. Maybe this will make more sense with an example: I tried to touchplate-activate a wall that wasn't at the intended spot at the beginning, but that got there only after I had previously activated it via a moving group of walls; so the wall got there eventually, and then I stepped on the touchplate - the wall did not move from its spot. And for the record: 1) I did not step on the touchplate before the wall got to the intended spot; I stepped on it only when the wall had gotten to the intended spot; and 2) the group IDs I used seem to be correct.

Hmm, interesting. I'll do some testing.

Aryan_Wolf3D wrote:
Arielus wrote:

It's probably the original problem with the rocket sprites being ordered incorrectly in the VSWAP.

I wasn't aware of this problem. I'll go do some checking.
Arielus
<B>Moderator</B>

argentina.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:55 am

AlumiuN, so a workaround to 2) above would be to default to "it's not a secret" all pushwall groups that are not used in the map, correct?

Also, here's something else to think about: when you activate a pushwall group that is set not to be considered a secret, would you still want to get the "You've found a secret!" ingame message?

Thanks,

Ariel

DieHard Wolfer

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:04 pm

I believe I made the groups default to not being a secret Smile And yes, I should probably change that message.
Arielus
<B>Moderator</B>

argentina.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:26 pm

Here's a rather strange one: I tried an invisible and, at the same time, relative teleporter. I made it so the weather would change upon teleporting. Everything worked as expected. And here's what was strange: a blue, horizontal line got drawn right on top of the status bar after I'd teleported. I do not know if all of the pre-conditions I am describing are really necessary to reproduce this behaviour, but just in case that's how I myself had it happen.

Best,

Ariel

DieHard Wolfer

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:00 pm

Odd; can you send me the map file so I can do some testing?
Arielus
<B>Moderator</B>

argentina.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:08 pm

AlumiuN wrote:

I daresay it is actually happening with just about any kind of teleporter. Please use the test map in the mapping kit as an example and jump into any teleporter you see; you will notice the blue line right on top of the status bar once you've finished teleporting.

Cheers,

Ariel

DieHard Wolfer

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:33 pm

Arielus wrote:
AlumiuN wrote:

I daresay it is actually happening with just about any kind of teleporter. Please use the test map in the mapping kit as an example and jump into any teleporter you see; you will notice the blue line right on top of the status bar once you've finished teleporting.

Cheers,

Ariel

I'm not getting this problem at all. What screen resolution are you running at, and what's your view size?

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, it looks like that "blue line" is actually the top line of the status bar image, which for some reason isn't being drawn before going through a teleporter. I'll look into it.
Arielus
<B>Moderator</B>

argentina.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:46 am

May I ask, how difficult would it be to fix that glitch whereby enemies can see you through the junction of the two sides of a wall? I seem to remember this being talked about in the past, and I also seem to remember this happening in DOS EXEs. I do not recall, though, if a fix was ever found/posted. I am asking primarily because it doesn't seem to make much sense that the baddies can spot you through this sort of crevice in the wall, and because many times one needs to alter one's maps in ways (sometimes, inconvenient ways) as a workaround to the problem.

Hopefully the wording above is understandable enough; otherwise I can gladly try and rephrase the problem.

Best,

Ariel

<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:31 pm

I posted a bugfix for this several months ago, but there were glitches in that, too. I did eventually fix my bugs, but it's lying around on a laptop I always dread starting up. The Wolf3D routine was originally written to alert the enemy when you're less than a square away from him ... regardless of whether the two were visible to each other. My fix involved running it through CheckLine before alerting enemy. The enemy would *not* be alerted if he couldn't actually see you.
Arielus
<B>Moderator</B>

argentina.gif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:35 pm

Thank you kindly for replying, Tricob. I am afraid, though, that I do not know if your answer clarifies whether or not this is an easy fix that could be implemented in this mapping kit. Please let me then ask the following: when you did eventually fix your bugs, was it in hindsight an easy fix that could be put in place here?

Thank you,

Ariel

<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:46 pm

It was easy enough once I did it right. All the code that's used is actually already there; it's just moved to different areas of the source ... with an if-statement or two to patch things up.

Extracting from my laptop is always a pain. Modern thumb drives don't work with it, the CD/DVD drive doesn't work right anymore, and the few thumb drives that are old enough to work with it ... they're always out of space. That's USB v1.0 technology for you. Sad

I suppose I should start looking through the laptop and see if I can locate the right folder; there's some 15 different copies of the source code, and I don't have labelled what changes are made to what parts of the code. I was about to sort things out when the BIOS battery went blooey, thus causing all BIOS data involving the CD/DVD drive to be wiped out, and the drive hasn't worked right since. The machine complains about invalid data in the BIOS every time I start it up, and since the laptop's battery is defunct, it won't even work unless it's plugged into a wall.

Anyway, I think you can understand now why I don't use the thing much anymore. Smile
Arielus
<B>Moderator</B>

argentina.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:24 am

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply again, Tricob. I guess this is something we will have to learn to live with. Smile

AlumiuN, regarding instant teleporters, I believe that you set things up so that you get no teleporting sound once you step on one of these teleporters (regardless of whether the teleporter is invisible or not). Is this something that should be applied to the enemies as well? I am testing a few things and it looks like they always make the teleporting sound even if the teleporters I make them jump into are marked as instant in the text file. If we made it so that no sound is made then we would be making it possible to kind of spawn them in without the player knowing (much like I think was the case in End of Destiny). Thoughts?

Best,

Ariel

<B>Moderator</B>

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Arielus wrote:
Thank you for taking the trouble to reply again, Tricob. I guess this is something we will have to learn to live with. Smile
Only until I finish up my two projects (One is a novel, and the other an open-source project). I do want to get back into the Base Of Operations source code again and fix some things. The "dog bites through walls" bugfix I posted - it has some problems of its own, and I intend to get that done right once I get back to it.
AlumiuN
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:00 pm

Arielus wrote:
AlumiuN, regarding instant teleporters, I believe that you set things up so that you get no teleporting sound once you step on one of these teleporters (regardless of whether the teleporter is invisible or not). Is this something that should be applied to the enemies as well? I am testing a few things and it looks like they always make the teleporting sound even if the teleporters I make them jump into are marked as instant in the text file. If we made it so that no sound is made then we would be making it possible to kind of spawn them in without the player knowing (much like I think was the case in End of Destiny). Thoughts?

Yes, they should definitely be silent for enemies too. I haven't had very much energy to work on it for a while, but when I get some I'll fix that. Smile
Arielus
<B>Moderator</B>

argentina.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:57 pm

Tricob wrote:
Arielus wrote:
Only until I finish up my two projects (One is a novel, and the other an open-source project). I do want to get back into the Base Of Operations source code again and fix some things. The "dog bites through walls" bugfix I posted - it has some problems of its own, and I intend to get that done right once I get back to it.

Thank you.

AlumiuN wrote:
Arielus wrote:

Yes, they should definitely be silent for enemies too. I haven't had very much energy to work on it for a while, but when I get some I'll fix that. Smile

Thank you.

I have a new question if I may: does the remove tile feature work on doors or only on blocks? If it does work on doors, does it also remove the door "sides" where the door slides in?

Best,

Ariel

DieHard Wolfer

newzealand.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:03 pm

Arielus wrote:
I have a new question if I may: does the remove tile feature work on doors or only on blocks? If it does work on doors, does it also remove the door "sides" where the door slides in?

I'd have to test it, as I didn't design it with that functionality in mind, but I think it should work (it doesn't remove the door from the doorobjlist but it does remove it from tilemap and actorat, so there's a possibility that may cause a bug).
Arielus
<B>Moderator</B>

argentina.gif

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:58 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

AlumiuN, I am not entirely sure the weather effects (and maybe other features as well) are properly loaded when you load a saved game. See, I tried the following: saved the game when it was snowing; quit the game, fired it up again and loaded the saved game - I did not get back the snow.

Hopefully the wording above is understandable enough. If it's not, then I can gladly provide further clarifications.

Best,

Ariel

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 2 of 3 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Jump to: