DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Spear of Brutality
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
WLHack
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 66
finland.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:23 am
   Subject: Spear of Brutality
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

About a year ago I mentioned that I am working on a new mod that I intend to release before the year ends... Well, the year flew by but nothing got out as changes in real work left me less time to work on the mod.
Anyway the year was not completely unproductive regards modding and with Doomjedis help I got quite a lot done, in fact enough the be more that certain that this year I will definately release a mod (if not for public, at least for beta-testing).

To ensure that I will reach my goal, I wil write a small status report at the end of each month to my blog so after 12 month and 12 reports later we should have something playable for people to enjoy.

What is Spear of Brutality?

Inspired by the Doom mod Brutal Doom I thought that it would be fun to try create such similar gorefest using the Wolfenstein-engine... Unfortunately Brutal Wolfenstein 3D already existed, I decided to make my mod based on Spear of Destiny.

So basically Spear of Brutality is my version of the SoD with more weapons, special deathframes for all enemies including bosses, improved graphics and scenery with much more gore (oh, also the reloading weapons from TFS SDL will be removed). I could have simply used the original SoD textures and sprites and then add some extra death frames and special effects but I felt that it would have been cheating so I decided to "remaster" them a bit.

Texture comparison
Sprite comparison

What still needs to be done?
Well, all the textures and most of the sprites are done but I still need to work on some of the weapons and the enemies... To be exact the enemies are the thing that needs the most of the work as I want to animate unique actions to them depending on the situation (e.g. like the ceiling crawling imps in Brutal Doom). For the demo however I am thinking of keeping the original enemies with just the added frames.

Aside from the graphics, nearly all of the maps has to be made yet as I have been focusing more into the look and feel of the game.

But what about the "experimence"?
Yeah, I did mention that before Spear of Brutality I would release smaller mod with only couple of levels...

Originally the idea was to make a mod to test some of the core features of the Spear of Brutality to see how people will react to them but as I was making that mod I realised that it would be better off as a full TC than just a short tech demo. After that I basically pushed it aside and only worked on Experimence when I got bored drawings enemy sprites for Brutal Spear.

However I have made some progress for the Experimence as well, e.g. all the wall textures are done.

To sum up the "Experimence", the antagonist is a nazi scientist that believes that Schabbs' bioweapons are inefficent and futile as they share the same weaknesses as normal human... Instead he is trying to build an army of robotic soldiers.

Tris
Don't Hurt Me
Don't Hurt Me

Topics: 3
austria.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:38 am
   Subject: Re: Spear of Brutality
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Nice graphics! Look forward to this one.

DieHard Officer

Topics: 17
poland.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:49 am

Interesting. The textures are lovely, some remind me of AReyeP's work in End of Destiny in a way. I can tell you're gonna have a ton of fun mapping with this set of resources. Good luck, will be watching this closely.

DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 113
israel.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:32 am

I've known about it from the beginning and supported it all along. Very excited about this, as about anything coming from WLHack, my good pal.
Sigma64
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 10
canada.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:54 am

Looks good! The textures are really reminiscent of AReyeP!

DieHard Wolfer

finland.gif

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:18 pm

If the textures are reminiscent of AreyeP, let's hope that the gameplay feels more like WSJ's. I tried to simplify things from the False Spear SDL to make the game more similar to the originals but let's see.

ronwolf1705
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 73

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:18 am

Always good to hear from you. Looks great! Smile
Atina
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 8

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:44 pm

Graphics look nice. I like gore and evil stuff but i don't like any "Brutal [insert game] mod". So kinda meh. Hopefully it won't create same rabid "fans". The "experimence" sounds more fun, evil and interesting. Good luck =p

I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:40 pm

I would be very excited to play something from you. Both projects have a lot of potential. Good luck!
WLHack
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

finland.gif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:52 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

As there is not much to explain about Spear of Brutality as it is exactly as it sounds like, I though I would add some more details regarding "Experimence". As I like to build on original Wolfenstein lore and expand ith you can consider the Experimence as a short of a prequal of Operation Eisenfaust

Storyline is something like this:
O.S.S has located a supply debot they believe Schabbs is using for tranporting materials to his secret laboratory, hoping to catch Schabbs BJ is send to investigate.
After fighting his way through the supply depot BJ manages to get into a truck that is heading to the Schabbs' laboratory only to find out that the truck actually went to a factory where doctor von Faust (games antagonist) is building an army of mechanized soldiers so after getting out of the truck BJ has to hunt down von Faust to put an end to the robotic menace.

Level progression:
- For about the first three levels player is basically roaming around the supply debot and after that player will enter the factory...
- Factory will contains several levels with assembly lanes, shooting galleries and some heavy machinery.
- After the factory player will make his way to the laboratory section where the nazis are experimenting inserting human mind to machines (something akin to the cyber-conversion in Doctor Who). In this section there will be cryochambers and morques but also incinerator as von Faust doesn't want leave any "biowaste" behind from the processed humans so that e.g. Schabbs cannot use the corpses to make mutants.
- When laboratory is cleared player will move to the office floors that are basically the final section of the game... After the offices comes the last level where the player is escaping from the collapsing factory.

Weapons:
Weapons are the same as in the Spear of Brutality:
- Knife
- Pistol (dual-wieldable)
- MP-40 (dual-wieldable)
- STG-44 (dual-wiedable)
- Shotgun
- Sniper rifle
- Flamethrower
- Rocket launcher
- Some sort of experimental weapon, most likely projectile launcher

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: