DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Finished my Spear Fusion patch/mod
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Biergut
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:18 pm
   Subject: Finished my Spear Fusion patch/mod
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

This is a mod/patch I made for SOD. It uses mostly walls and sprites from Wolf3D and Spear.
For SDL. Hope you like it - if not, oh well.
www.mediafire.com/file/a5c8128cyhcns13/SOD_Fusion_Patch.zip/file

Biergut (Colonel Bill)
Zombie_Plan
DieHard Wolfer
DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 107
australia.gif

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:58 pm
   Subject: Re: Finished my Spear Fusion patch/mod
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Cool! I'll be checking it out in a bit ^^

Edit: At level 4 now, quite enjoying it. I'm enjoying most aspects of the map design, and got a nice surprise on level 2 with that SS.

Is there anything I'm meant to be doing with the telephone stuff or is that just part of the atmosphere?

Can I Play Daddy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:57 am

I'm pretty sure I know the SS guy you're talking about. Towards the end of the level.
The telephone sound is just for the atmosphere. I used a single sprite pixel to trigger just a sound event.
MadWolf8804

Topics: 2

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:44 pm

I played a little bit. Nice big rooms you got in the dungeon and cargo area, very atmospheric and feels like an actual building with purpose. Smile
ronwolf1705
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 76

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:06 pm

Somehow missed this. Cool to see relatively smaller releases like this Smile
Biergut
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:18 pm

MadWolf8804 wrote:
I played a little bit. Nice big rooms you got in the dungeon and cargo area, very atmospheric and feels like an actual building with purpose. Smile

Well, it's kind of a mish-mash of different kinds of areas. Kind of a multi purpose complex. I was originally going to call it "The Complex". When I started, I was only going to make 2 levels - but it ended up as 11. I think my level design gets better as the game goes along. I found it real hard at times to think of new areas to make.

Thanks for playing!

Colonel Bill (Biergut)

Last edited by Biergut on Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
fraggeur
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 14

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:28 am

It's quite nice! The phone is funny Smile
I just finished level 1
fraggeur
DieHard SS
DieHard SS

Topics: 14

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:33 am

I just finished level 1
Biergut
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:21 pm

fraggeur wrote:
I just finished level 1

Thank you. I think the phone ring sound makes the player freak - like an alarm going off. Of course I probably over used it.

Like I said above, the floors are kind of multi-purpose areas. I kind of over-stuffed the levels with rooms, hallways, and passageways. The only floor that really has a theme is the last one (11).

Colonel Bill (Biergut)
quartzdoll
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

india.gif

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:34 pm

nice big halls, abundant ammo and health. liked that old phones ringing randomly. liked the beer health too though i am not alcoholic Very Happy hey some soldiers farting before dying. is that intentional coding ? haha
Biergut
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:39 am

quartzdoll wrote:
hey some soldiers farting before dying. is that intentional coding ? haha

Yeah, the fart sound is in the original game but it was coded to only randomly play on secret levels. I *fixed* that. Laughing
I think even the dogs would do it, but I left that out. The dogs have 3 random death sounds in this patch.
I know some people don't like the sound, but hey - when you die, all sorts of bodily functions can happen.
quartzdoll
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

india.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:15 pm

In level 6 now. Not only enemies farting, our hero too flushing toilet when he goes inside a toilet. not sure if he is peeing or dumping lol.
Biergut
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:28 pm

quartzdoll wrote:
In level 6 now. Not only enemies farting, our hero too flushing toilet when he goes inside a toilet. not sure if he is peeing or dumping lol.

Yeah, it's funny about the random death sounds. Sometimes it seems to get stuck on one for awhile. As far as the flushing sound at the toilet, it's in the readme file included with the patch. If your health percent goes down to 80 or below, you can earn more by cleaning the piss from the restroom floor. It will display a message in German basically saying "You have cleaned up the piss. Thank you!"

GAME PLAY NOTES:

LEVELS: 11 straight levels (No secret floors)

MAZES: No frustrating mazes. You probably won't get lost (not for long anyway).

DOOR KEYS: There's just two (Silver and Gold). If you get to a locked door with no key, you won't
have to back track too far to find it (unless a Boss has it). Make sure to look in all of the rooms.
Sometimes, to get a key requires entry through a secret push wall (easy to find).

SECRET PUSH WALLS: They aren't really secret. Just look for a puddle of something next to a wall. You
don't have to scoot against the walls like a drunk to find them.

HEALTH POWER UP: There's the regular chicken/turkey platter, first aid kit, pool of blood, dog food,
but there's also beer to drink (yeah!). Also, if your health is below 80 percent, you can earn more
by cleaning up the messes in the restrooms (somebody has to do it - yeah?).

HEALTH POWER DOWN: Walking next to the elctrified fence/wall will take 2-10 health points away.

CELL DOOR SPRITES: Green flashing light = Open (you can walk through it). Red flashing = Blocked
quartzdoll
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

india.gif

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:42 pm

Yes i found the mod easy yet little tricky. not too hard. so i think my hero cleaning toilets and taking piss at same time as he go inside a toilet filled with blood on floor. I didn't understand what was happening as the pool on floor disappearing lol. Hero's part time work Very Happy ROFL
Usually don't read the readme files because i always go straight into action than reading stories. Thanks for explanation. I found all these things in game play. In 7th level now.

I hate a game when it is too hard, too many secret push walls that hide health / ammo / keys. That game goes like you only playing to push walls around. Some authors won't give a hint for a push wall and make it so hard. They feel proud for hard coding and i feel proud for deleting the game immediately. lol.
Aryan_Wolf3D
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

Topics: 6

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:13 am

quartzdoll wrote:
I hate a game when it is too hard, too many secret push walls that hide health / ammo / keys. That game goes like you only playing to push walls around. Some authors won't give a hint for a push wall and make it so hard. They feel proud for hard coding and i feel proud for deleting the game immediately. lol.

I guess you deleted the original Wolf too then?

I am Death Incarnate

india.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:53 am

Aryan_Wolf3D wrote:
quartzdoll wrote:

I guess you deleted the original Wolf too then?

Don't worry about me. Go through my posts here and you will know what i kept with me. If you are lazy enough to do that, FYI i got more than 400 wolf mods with original wolfenstein files which were zipped and posted here. Those were my collection from 20 years. Rolling Eyes

Learn to respect others tastes and opinions. Many people here lack that manners.
serpens
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 20
poland.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:04 am

Please note that respect is not tantamount to exemption from debate.

DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:04 am

quartzdoll wrote:
Don't worry about me. Go through my posts here and you will know what i kept with me. If you are lazy enough to do that, FYI i got more than 400 wolf mods with original wolfenstein files which were zipped and posted here. Those were my collection from 20 years. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I'm quite aware of that. You didn't answer my question though.

Quote:
Learn to respect others tastes and opinions. Many people here lack that manners.

Indeed, and you'd appear to be one of them since you obviously don't respect mine.

Can I Play Daddy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:37 am

Some game players like the challenge of a good puzzle. Some have no patience to figure it out.
Remember Myst? I liked the graphics of that game but I never had the patience to figure out the puzzles. I have a friend though who solved that game two days after it came out.
There's no right or wrong in designing puzzles in levels. I designed my levels to match my own tastes.
quartzdoll
I am Death Incarnate
I am Death Incarnate

india.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:21 am

Biergut wrote:
Some game players like the challenge of a good puzzle. Some have no patience to figure it out.
Remember Myst? I liked the graphics of that game but I never had the patience to figure out the puzzles. I have a friend though who solved that game two days after it came out.
There's no right or wrong in designing puzzles in levels. I designed my levels to match my own tastes.

Agree with you. A normal gamer won't spend so many hours on one game leaving his personal or professional life. For that reason i always want a wolf game in a normal to medium mode but not so hard like we try each level 50 times and still it won't be finished because of its design. Let me tell few examples here. Some authors here code the game like hero got insuffcient ammo and normal weapon and all enemies got powerful weapons with unlimited ammo. I always wonder about this wolf game that enemies never need a reload of weapon. They never run out of ammo. We must reload the game again and again for 50 times with no luck. Some authors code like there are 1000 enemies filled inside cells in a big hall and hero must run through it while they are shooting at hero. Again it need a 50 reloads. I believe that such authors are probably mad to design such levels.

A game must be encouraging with normal to medium effort but not like you spend whole day to chase one level. Sometimes you never get through it. Only hard-core players who got no profession would sit and play all day.

Author become famous when many gamers play his mod and give feedback. That is the thing of pride. Its not the hard coding that gives you pride.

* I ignored such proud authors and their taunting / criticizing replies. *

Unnecessary poking of nose is injurious to health Laughing
Biergut
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:01 am

I remember designing one level where there were maybe 10-15 enemies hidden on the sides of a long hallway. At the end of that hall was a secret pushwall. On the other side of the pushwall there was lots of ammo and a chaingun. The trick was to run fast down the hall, get to the secret area and wait on the other side, then shoot all of the enemies when they came through the passage. It was easy when you figured out the trick. When I get too frustrated with a level, I just put it on God Mode so I can figure it out. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Aryan_Wolf3D
DieHard Guard
DieHard Guard

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:44 am

quartzdoll wrote:
A normal gamer won't spend so many hours on one game leaving his personal or professional life. For that reason i always want a wolf game in a normal to medium mode but not so hard like we try each level 50 times and still it won't be finished because of its design. Let me tell few examples here. Some authors here code the game like hero got insuffcient ammo and normal weapon and all enemies got powerful weapons with unlimited ammo. I always wonder about this wolf game that enemies never need a reload of weapon. They never run out of ammo. We must reload the game again and again for 50 times with no luck. Some authors code like there are 1000 enemies filled inside cells in a big hall and hero must run through it while they are shooting at hero. Again it need a 50 reloads. I believe that such authors are probably mad to design such levels.

A game must be encouraging with normal to medium effort but not like you spend whole day to chase one level. Sometimes you never get through it. Only hard-core players who got no profession would sit and play all day.

If a mod is too tedious for me (and I've played several of them) then I just won't bother to finish it. I see nothing to be gained by complaining every time that it's too hard. No one is obliged to make things easier for people who don't have the time and/or patience to finish their mods.

DieHard SS

Topics: 17

australia.gif

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:50 am

Just finished it Biergut/Colonel - thank you, it's a well-decorated mod with inventive sounds and graphics. Overall challenge level was a touch too easy for me but I liked Das Brauhaus in particular.
Biergut
Can I Play Daddy
Can I Play Daddy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:08 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

mbender wrote:
Just finished it Biergut/Colonel - thank you, it's a well-decorated mod with inventive sounds and graphics. Overall challenge level was a touch too easy for me but I liked Das Brauhaus in particular.

Thank you! I'm glad you liked Das Brauhaus. I made it kind of easy on purpose so more players would actually finish it - but I should have spent more time with the harder difficulty enemy placements and numbers though.
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Addons/Mods/TC's View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: