DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Corridor 7 web page
Page 1 of 4 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Other Wolf3d Based Games View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Mishran
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

Topics: 5
blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:01 pm
   Subject: Corridor 7 web page
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Do to a lack of web pages for C7, I decided to throw one up. It's not spectacular... ok it's pretty crappy, but at least a site does exist. Let me know what you think. Any questions, comments, or suggestions are welcome. Cheesy Grin

EDIT: Link removed.

Check out my Corridor 8 Overview

Last edited by Mishran on Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:49 pm
   Subject: Re: Corridor 7 web page
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Embarassed Can't access your web, due bandwidth exceeded, and try again later Sad but I will check it out when your web being restored. Wink
Mishran
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:16 pm

One of the biggest problems with free web hosting... that and those annoying ads. I updated the site a little today, adding some content. New pics and new downloads mostly.

EDIT: There, done. Embarassed

Last edited by Mishran on Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Schabbs
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 33
uk.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:31 am

I did manage to check out the site for a short time. Looks like some good downloads there. After downloading one of them though, I too got the 'bandwidth exceeded' error.

Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:03 pm

Can anyone recommend a good web host? Yahoo! obviously isn't one since it so severely limits it's bandwidth...
Mishran
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:47 pm

I'm still looking into my little web site problem, though I'm getting close to setting up a little server for it on my own.

On another note, can anyone recommend a decent screen capture program that works with Windows XP?

Third, I'm currently working on some levels for Corridor 7 (slow progress, have three finished so far). Problem is, it's for the floppy version since I can't seem to get the CD-ROM version to work correctly on my XP Pro computer (any suggestions?). This is one of the reasons I'm looking for a good screen capture program, to post some screen shots of my WIP.
Mishran
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:08 pm

Got my own little server for my site up and running. Just click on the little "www" button to visit the new site. Be sure to check it out... shouldn't have a problem accessing it now. No "bandwidth exceeded" message either. Laughing

Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

Topics: 80
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:10 pm

I don't see anything at all...does the site still exist? I'd like to check it out. I use Angelfire for all my web hosting needs. There are bandwidth limits, but it's hard to exceed them...i have several different high bandwidth sites running off the same account, and only rarely do I have issues (don't post excessive amounts of screenshots here, though...that will use it up fast and give you errors). Tripod is pretty good too, but I've never tried using just HTML with them like I do with Angelfire...Cool

Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:27 pm

So, I suppose that is the reason I hadn't gotten any hits on my site. Neutral Things weren't working correctly. I THINK I fixed it. Give it a try and let me know if its working now. Cheesy Grin

Andy_Nonymous
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 99
usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:20 pm

Mishran,

The site isn't "down" (no "not found" errors), but the web page is
a blank.

Andy
Mishran
Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

blank.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:09 am

I figured out the real problem. My ISP is blocking my server functions. Try it now. I moved it over to Tripod. If you can't access it there... just forget about the site, I give up. Rolling Eyes

Andy_Nonymous
<B>Moderator</B>

Topics: 99
usa.gif

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:34 pm

Works fine now Razz
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:29 am

Very nice...I can see it now... Cheesy Grin

Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:47 am

Is that floppy disk version of the game the whole thing? It appears to be (since the demo isn't even a level from the game...) Cool

Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:46 pm

Yes.

Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:43 am

Hey! How come when I say "the game", it hyperlinked it up above? I didn't do that...and the site has nothing to do with what I was talking about (or anything I'd endorse either!). I think my first ammendment rights are being spat upon here!! (though I can't be sure...I don't remember any of the articles of the ammendments or commandments or whatever they're called...Laughing)

Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:27 am

Awesome! I am definitely going to check this out in depth. I thought the demo of this game was really cool, and it's been years since I played it, but I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl. I love demos, but I also hate them because the story never ends when you finish the demo...and I don't know how many Apogee games (I know C7 isn't by them) I only played the shareware episode of and didn't ever finish...Jazz Jackrabbit, Halloween Harry, Commander Keen 1-6, Bio-Menace...the list goes on and on and on...the C7 demo was fun, but it left me wanting more...which I guess is the purpose of most demos anyway...Laughing

Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:47 am

I've been playing some Corridor 7 lately...first time for me in the real game as opposed to the demo, and the first time I've played it at all in about 13 years or so. Not a bad game...not bad at all. There are a few things about it that I'm not crazy about, but there's also a lot about it that's good. Smile

First of all, I know this game was made during the infancy of the "weapon bobbing" feature, but it's not done the greatest in this game. It kind of makes me naseous after a while, because it goes so fast. I don't know if this is a limitation of the code used for the game or what, but sometimes I think it might have been better without.

Another thing I don't like so well is that you're limited in scope of what keys you are allowed to use to change your controls. Over the years, I've become very set in a different set of keys entirely from the ones traditionally used for these games, and it's kind of hard getting used to the standard set. Not impossible, but hard.

One last thing I kind of don't like is the fact that when you use the "run" key, you run forward, whether you like it or not. In Wolfenstein, I frequently use the "run" key to turn around quickly, which can still be done here, but not without forward motion. I usually wind up running into an electric fence or other dangerous object as a result.

Enough about my gripes now. What I DO like about it outweighs what I don't for the most part. I like the darkness effect, and the fact that the further away something is, the darker it gets. This is an effect I wanted to implement into the TC I'm doing right now, but didn't turn out to be practical with some of the other changes being used.

I liked the map feature as well. At times, it makes it almost too simple, but it balances out when you realize that the aliens can be pretty tricky and stealthy at times, and it takes very little for them to kill you on the medium to hard difficulties, especially if they get the jump on you. I've wished many a time that Wolf3D had an automap feature (besides the horrid SNES version).

The see through walls and blinking wall panels and sprites, etc, really liven up the atmosphere to a degree. Even though the environment can be claustrophobic at times, it's easier to navigate when you have something to break up the monotony of the scenery. Most of the levels I've played so far look pretty similar, but they're not so boring when the scenery has some life to it.

I like pick-ups in games...they reward you for picking off enemies, and are especially helpful when non-enemy pickups are scarce. However, having stuff just lying around all the time for the taking isn't very realistic either, and this game seems to have avoided that fairly well. Having items in wall panels you interact with is pretty cool, and definitely adds an element of realism to the game.

I could go on about the things that I like about this game, but a lot are similar to what I like about Wolf3D as well, so there's no point in going there. This game may not have been revolutionary, but it wasn't that bad, either...it had a lot of cool stuff that Wolf3D didn't. I don't know why this game was such a sleeper for it's time...my only guess is that Doom must have been coming out around the same time it did, and shoved it out of the spotlight before it could make an impact (I have no factual basis for this belief, it's just my guess). I can see how someone could be a fan of it, though, and can begin to feel the pain of those who wish there was a better site or forum devoted to this game. Overall, defintely not a bad game... (thus ends my unsolicited disertation on Corridor 7) Laughing

Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:59 pm

If anyone has an extractor that can do the job, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could get me all the frames for the enemy that appears below...Cool

Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 4:15 pm

I'm glad you enjoy it Monkey. And thank you for that in depth review of the game. Wink I'm glad to see that things are actually working with the site, though Tripod messed with my setup a bit. Anyway, any suggestions, questions, comments about the site? Anything that would make it look more "presentable"? Any info would be helpful. Thanks. Cheesy Grin

Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:32 am

Well, you're asking me, which means you're subjecting yourself to my tastes...that dangerous...Laughing Seriously, though, your layout and stuff is good...I like the way your download section is set up and stuff. One thing that appeals to me on a web site for a game is lots and lots of pictures. Do what's already been done in the manual for example as well, and give your personal take and opinion on stuff in the game. For example, I like sites where you go there and see pictures (or even animated GIFs) of enemies and stuff, and there's a description of them, followed by some commentary from the player. Example:

Quote:
PUKEFACE - This is pukeface. He appears in the later levels, and fires quivering gobs of puke in your direction that can spatter and stick to walls. He's an annoying pain in the butt, and you better have the best weapons when you face him, or you're toast, baby!

That's just an example of what I like to see there...also pics of weapons and items and stuff with some description about them (can you believe that even after I read the manual I didn't know what some of the things I was picking up were until I got them?)

Also, I like lots of info. I'd love to hear/see what the differences between the disk version and the cd version are...it sounds like it's got some cool changes, but as expected, I couldn't find anything about the cd version on the net. That's just my two Money . I think your site is well done, and has lots of potential. It's definitely the best (and only) Corridor 7 site I've seen, and I hope it lasts a long time! Cheesy Grin

Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

blank.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:40 pm

Well, that last part about the questions, comments, suggestions, blah, blah, blah... wasn't directed just to you, but to anyone who happened to check out the site. But your input will definitely be looked into. I had to remove some very cool elements from that site since I moved it to Tripod. All changes I made have been documented in the "News" page.

The CD version wasn't too much different from the Floppy version. The CD version has FMV introduction, several new weapons including a shotgun, multiplayer support, 10 new alien world based levels which you access by entering the vortex on level 30, 1 new enemy, and new walls and sprites.

And that thing definitely looks like a puke face now that you mention it. Laughing

Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:50 pm

I dunno'...that sounds like some pretty cool changes to me...I still haven't finished the first one, so I'm not in need of a newer version yet...that's more changes though than some "upgraded" versions of games I've seen before...Cool

Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

blank.gif

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:46 pm

Hey monk, I took your idea to heart and created some pages for the Corridor 7 aliens, weapons, and items. I haven't added them to the site yet though because they are missing some information. I misplaced my CD manual with the new enemy and weapon descriptions. Once I find out the information, I can add them to the pages and upload everything to my site. Does anyone at all happen to have the C7 CD version manual?

Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:25 am

Sounds cool! I look forward to seeing it! I played some more C7 yesterday myself, and made it as far as level 27 (from level 11) before I had to call it an evening. I especially like that #3 weapon, which I didn't get until much later than the #4 and #5 weapons for some reason. It's shaped like a pyramid in your view screen, and takes out most enemies with only one shot, and never quite seems to run out of ammo...very cool! I'm looking forward to getting back to it so I can finish the game. I do have one question...in level 1, I was able to reveal a secret area via pushwall. However, since level 1, I have been unable to open any secret areas, even when I knew they were there. I can see them on the map, and when I push the wall I'm trying to open, it doesn't make the "umph!" noise like when you push a normal wall. However, no secret area ever opens. What's up with that?? Confused Overall all, though, I've still enjoyed it...I especially like the wall panels with the eyeballs that open up when you push them...nice touch! Razz

Bring 'em On
Bring 'em On

blank.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:18 pm

What difficulty are you playing C7 on? I just started playing the CD-ROM version yesterday (after several failed attempts to get it to work under Windows XP, I finally got it). Let me know your score, I'm curious to see if I can beat it... Twisted Evil I just purchased the Corridor 7 Strategy guide by Brady Games the other day off an online store. $3.50, not a bad price at all for it, plus it comes with a CD which I'm not sure what it contains. I can get loads of information to beef up my site from it. heh heh

Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:00 am

The second difficulty...I won it last night, and still could not open any secrets...it was kind of depressing to learn that the bosses can't withstand more than one mine hit on that difficulty...I tried to even it out by using my guns anyway (except when facing multiple Mechanoid Warriors at the same time). I tried to blow up the vortex with mines, though. I'll have to check my score. When I finish the game, though, it just says, "Congratulations. You destroyed the vortex" then exits the program without seeing if I want to play anymore...strange...Confused It was a fun ride, though...I'll have to try the harder difficulty settings...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:36 pm

this is the fantastic news! Smile Smile since majik monkee has the programming for removing these graphics from corrider 7, I can make my long awaited project of "Uranus Attacks". it will be based upon the wolf engine and have a similar but different story of corridor 7. But this time the aliens are from Uranus instead and must be detroyed. I might just use the weapons of normal wolfenstein games but who knows. Either way ti will be good! Very Happy Very Happy
Majik Monkee
Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:11 pm

Aren't you already working on the "Operation: Hundscheisse" trilogy and "Turok: Seeds of Evil"? That's going to be overwhelming to try to do all those projects at once...

...Oh, wait...I'm also working on the Hundscheisse games, "Countdown to Chaos", "Yodastein", and a buttload of graphics jobs for other people's projects...I really don't have room to talk...carry on, then...(but don't come asking me for a ton of help either! Laughing)

Pixel Master
Pixel Master

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:14 pm
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

By the way..."long awaited project" of "Uranus Attacks"? Who's been waiting for it? Besides you, I mean...I don't remember even seeing an anouncement for this...Laughing

DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Other Wolf3d Based Games View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 4 Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Jump to: