DieHard Wolfers Forum Index DieHard Wolfers
A Wolfenstein 3d Fan Community

Hosted by: MCS & Areyep.com - Designed by: BrotherTank

Original Yahoo Forum - Die Hard Archives

AReyeP HomepageAreyep Homepage DieHard Wolfenstein BunkerDieHard Wolfenstein Bunker Log inLog in RegisterRegister Banlist FAQFAQ Search ForumsSearch

Username:    Password:      Remember me       

Which level of The Final Assault is your favorite.
Page 1 of 1
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Mapping Mania View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page BottomView Next Topic
Executor
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

Topics: 53

usa.gif

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 4:19 pm
   Subject: Which level of The Final Assault is your favorite.
   [ IP : Logged ]
Goto Top of PostsGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I prefer level 8, which is the crowning glory of the beta release.

What's your favorite?

DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:37 pm
   Subject: Re: Which level of The Final Assault is your favorite.
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Next PostGoto Bottom of Posts

Comments? Anyone? Have you even played TFA?

DieHard Guard

Topics: 18
australia.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:06 pm

The Final Assault, sounds pretty cool! I have unfortunately not played it? Did you make it? Where do U get it from? Cheesy Grin

DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:55 pm

I made it, using many graphics and sounds from outside sources.

It's available at:

http://www.belowe.com/tfa0_3.zip

DieHard Wolfer

Topics: 55
blank.gif

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:13 am
   Subject: My first Final Assault... with hopefully many more... heh

I just picked up your game for fun today and decided to play a few rounds for the last 2 hours or so. I didn't really look for any secrets along the way (well, a little; but not really...), so I'm sure I'm missing some of the experience - but all I really wanted to do was have a bit of fun anyways... so let's start from the beginning:

Level 1 was pretty good. Lots of action and open areas - the hyper music really sets the mood, alot of the textures were nice (the minimized flags/hitler posters were funny, and the 'church' walls in the gold key area was cool), and there's alot of cool sound effects introduced with the guards (like the "the american!", "help" and other dying ones). This level just feels fun, and that's a good way to introduce the game...

Level 2 is alright. It felt shorter though, and a little more serious (although the orange area kept things alive). I think any level would be exciting on this game, just because that #3 weapon is an enjoyable way to toast the enemies. I always loved the idea for the Tekkodaun doors (with the higher level numbers for the lesser accessible ones). Overall, pretty fun...

Level 3 had some of what I wanted. I think that gray texture looks alright, so I'm not really tired of it yet - even though that was all that I saw. There was tons of killing here, so that was definately a bonus (I don't know, I'm in a killing mood today... haha). Nice that there's alot of ammo too, cause I'm not really in the mood to die today either. I thought the #4 weapon was annoying and stupid at first, but than I saw whoever the heck that big guy was; and than figured "Ah what the hell" and it worked ok for that. Layouts seem to be getting more rectangular... hrmmm....

Level 4 starts off interesting. Right away, I had a good feeling that the music was by Robert Prince. Haha, guard warming up by the fire. The scenery got really cool after I got the first silver key... some good brown textures there, I've always been a bright/landscape kinda guy too. Well, this level is sorta upbeat, smaller rooms though I find. Even though level 3 was gray, it still felt just as alive; I believe. Level 1 still seems like the longest for some reason (and the longer, the more time to have fun), maybe just because I was in the moment there.

Level 5 is boxy and crampled near the start. Not my thing, atleast for this part of the flow. Like the ceiling colour contrast, and the music is sorta catchy. Didn't really want to search through all those little square rooms, I'm an action man; ACTION MAN!! oh - there's the key! Alright. Damn, where's all the ammo? How am I supposed to go on random killing sprees when I have to converse ammo or look for secrets? Bah --- haha. Einnn, this level wasn't as interesting as level 4, in my opinion...

Level 6 surprised me... short as hell; made me want to go back and explore the funky wall/music stuff some more. So I did. Some kinda cool sprites like the desk/gun-rack, style of the layout seems kinda plain though (got that E1L7 / SR level 12 tinge goin on). Woah, the music gets really cool after awhile! The LEVEL gets really cool after awhile if you go for all the keys; man, look at all this ammo hiding behind those bosses... GROOVY I have 150 bullets again!! This makes me happy. Level 6; I think I like you again, why can't you last even longer? haha. Par 1:42? That's pretty precise, wonder what that's all about....

Level 7 looks so familar!!! Have I played this before? I swear I seen this level before... maybe I downloaded your game and totally forgot one day - or maybe it's similar to Haunted House or something. Maybe I'm just going crazy - haha. Wow, I'm really glad the the slime wall is back... perfect timing, I really wanted to see you again buddy! And I have so much ammo I can kill everyone again! wheee.... Fun level, not long enough for me again though. Funny how I like this level mostly because of how it works with the levels before it; but that's why I like it! It's nice. Those chandelires look like guard eyeballs if you run fast enough and aren't really pay attention...

Level 8 drew my attention. It took me awhile to beat too, I think I just got lost or something haha. Once I saw the Gray Stone.... I was immediately like: "YES. This is GROOVY". I like it when people keep walls under wraps until far into the game like this, it makes those areas feel so much more special. Good combination of fancy, gray stuff. By the end I was happy to see that texture that was used at the beginning, it looks cool there. The level doesn't feel lacking at all, but than again; that's probably because the levels before it were alot different. Nice level...

Level 9 baby woo!!! I mean, starting out fresh with an open dungeon area with dogs - great idea. The other dungeon areas were a nice change too, some were kinda cramped... but most were cool. I love it how alot of atmopshere from level 1 comes back, all that brown wall goodness (complete with those cool small flags - oh yeah!), and even the church-type part reappears at the end. Thanks for coming back guys, I had a fun trip --- but it's good to hang out again; you brought back some nice memories. Alot of variety on this floor; should be atleast in my top 3 so far...

Level 10 seems very cool so far, layout-wise and texture-wise. I'm gonna have to save the rest of 10+ for later though, cause I need at least SOME sleep before work tonight (haven't slept for atleast 30 hours, so maybe that's why these descriptions are rather stupid sounding - haha).

Well, that was a fun ride. It's hilarious though, how a game that totally defies everything I "thought" I believed in could turn out to be as good of an adventure as it was. I guess I didn't expect much to begin with, and that's part of the reason why everything was kind of positively surprising. You do have a cool way with making gameplay fun at times, and I loved it how you switched things up alot; and saved certain things for certain places. The progression was cool, and so was the whole killing all the bad guys part... Smile

Hope you enjoyed reading my corny, light-headed descriptions; lol. I'll make you an order for which levels I sorta like the most at the moment (from best to least), it's definately not set in stone; but maybe it'll give you a good overview. So, here goes --- enjoy..... 9, 1, 7, 8, 6, 4, 3, 5, 2.
Executor
DieHard Officer
DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:31 pm

Level 9 and 10 were unedited--I should have blanked out level 9 to keep you from proceeding. I did levels 1-8, 40, and 41 (41 has some stuff that needs fixing)

DieHard Officer

usa.gif

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:33 pm

Be sure to use the full ammo cheat when playing 40 and 41--they weren't designed for a pistol start.

I am Death Incarnate

Topics: 3
france.gif

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:54 pm

This topic is old now. But well,
My favorite level is the first. For me, the first level of an add-on is the most important. Your level has a very cool music and a lot of action. The rhythm is good and the map is not too long (i hate the levels too long Evil or Very Mad !).
Good work ! Cool

Last edited by Loki on Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:35 am
Goto Top of PostsGoto Previous PostGoto Bottom of Posts

I'm Afraid I Can't Say Because I Never Played It.

Thunderstorm Thunder Lord Jemanie Thunderstorm
DieHard Wolfers Forum Index -> Mapping Mania View Previous TopicRefresh this PageAdd Topic to your Browser FavoritesSearch ForumsPrint this TopicE-mail TopicGoto Page TopView Next Topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: